Gaming FIFA 23

Meller

Opened 2 megapacks, a rare gold pack and one of those rare jumbo player packs and my highest pull was an 84, not a single special card. It's so much fun doing a 1st owner team this year.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Regular disclaimer that you’re all mental…

But surely everyone understands that ‘pack luck’ is a nonsense and there’s a whole algorithm at work that is just designed to keep you playing?

Nothing is random, the whole ecosystem is rigged. From game matchmaking to cards to absolutely everything. It’s just money and engagement and it’s mad that people talk about the game in the way that they do.

It’s Facebook for gamers.
I was waiting for someone else to moan about it so I didn't sound like an old man, thanks!

It's just a computerized Panini sticker book.

Ah, that felt good :drool:

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That 85+ SBC is pretty fair isn't it? Got Marquinhos, so I guess I've been lucky, but integrating him into my team is a massive headache:

Love Gakpo, Bonucci is unethical, Geertruida is great too. Szczesny pretty good, Ikone has been growing on me, but would relace him with the Savio I have lying around. A bit undecided on De Jong, Bennacer (absolute nightmare chem-wise), Tonali. Muriel is nothing special and Wijndal is ok.

That leaves me with the following shell:
Marquinhos, Bonucci, Geertruida, Savio (Ikone)

Last edited:

Bole Top

I haven't played FIFA since my school days and reading this thread makes me think it has actually become a trading card game :lol:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Never played the champions thing before. Never want to again. Every team I come up against is jam packed with icons and absolute monsters.

Played 4 lost 4 conceded 20 Scored 6

flameinthesun

Got into div 2 with a mainly united team, definitely feels like another world in this div. Im grinding just to get a draw.

Frank White

Got into div 2 with a mainly united team, definitely feels like another world in this div. Im grinding just to get a draw.
What's your team looking like? Seems we're getting some nice United cards this year, Rashford potm, Casemiro IF, Fred OOP etc..

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m going to save packs for TOTY from tomorrow.

I only play rivals for the 8 wins then barely touch the game so might as well just save them.

Frank White

I’m going to save packs for TOTY from tomorrow.

I only play rivals for the 8 wins then barely touch the game so might as well just save them.
That's actually a decent shout might do the same. Clubs bare bones atm for stuff 83 and below so might start next week on the rivals rewards just so i have some stuff to chuck into MM. My Untradeable team is mental i packed IF Mbappe last night from the 82+ PP and my other attacker is Pele so it's not like a can realistically upgrade them anytime soon, with weekly rivals, WL and other SBC will probably close to a couple million in pack value saved.

flameinthesun

What's your team looking like? Seems we're getting some nice United cards this year, Rashford potm, Casemiro IF, Fred OOP etc..
de gea
82 Dalot - Varane - 84 Akanji - Malacia
Base Casimero - 85 keane - Bruno
Base Antony - Ole - Base Rashford

currently no match for the mbappe/haaland/kante super squads All the other divs were fun but div genuinely feels like everyone is twice as fast at everything.

Frank White

Yeah it's rough, WL genuinely has more team variety at least at the lower ELO anyway.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Career mode isn’t as established as say what’s in the 2K series but it is decent this year. I might be in the minority but I’m a mostly offline player. Not a big fan of Ultimate Team, struggling to see its appeal. Maybe I’m old

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I have an 88 rated team and have just hit 700k coins, all without putting a penny into the game other than buying it. It's actually made me quite bored getting such a good team so early.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Career mode isn’t as established as say what’s in the 2K series but it is decent this year. I might be in the minority but I’m a mostly offline player. Not a big fan of Ultimate Team, struggling to see its appeal. Maybe I’m old
Play online seasons? Normal teams but online. It doesn't have to be career mode or FUT.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I have an 88 rated team and have just hit 700k coins, all without putting a penny into the game other than buying it. It's actually made me quite bored getting such a good team so early.
I’m in a similar boat. Thought it would be great getting ahead of the curve but actually it removes most of the fun. Very little motivation to keep building now.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I’m in a similar boat. Thought it would be great getting ahead of the curve but actually it removes most of the fun. Very little motivation to keep building now.
I try to do objectives/milestones to help with the boredom issue. Play with a different team to be able to get the objectives etc. I try to play some seasons to break it up. It is hard not to lose interest though.

Robertd0803

I haven't played FIFA since my school days and reading this thread makes me think it has actually become a trading card game :lol:
It has. I watched my 2 nephews play it for about 90 minutes last week and 80 minutes of that was messing around in the menus opening packs and messing with some ultimate team that they actually never used in an actual match.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Anyone got any hints on using Lewa effectively.

saved up for ages to buy his card as an upgrade to depay. But the team seems slower, and Lewa doesn’t seem to be able to do anything once he has the ball. Only effective thing he does is snaffles up rebounds with ease.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Maxed out my luck with Mbappe red last week.

3 x 79 totw players
3 x 81-79 rated for picks.

Brutal

AaronRedDevil

I got messi yesterday and Ronaldo last week. What the actual feck is going on. My pack luck has been horrific since 08. Delighted.

Meller

Maxed out my luck with Mbappe red last week.

3 x 79 totw players
3 x 81-79 rated for picks.

Brutal
I haven't got a single good pull this year. 85 (GK), 83, 83. Totw was Tagliafico (84) and 82, 79. Lukaku and Sancho the only pulls over 84 in the packs.

Meller

I decided to quit my RTG as I wasn't getting any pulls and got sick of my team so picked up RTTK Lemar, Hero Donovan and baby Veron. Using Lodi for chem reasons but team is looking pretty decent and I needed to try new players.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
struggling to improve my right hand side. Every time I get coins I end up wasting them doing SBC's to get players I'm unlikely to ever play. Or wasting it on packs. Give me a target to save up for.

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
struggling to improve my right hand side. Every time I get coins I end up wasting them doing SBC's to get players I'm unlikely to ever play. Or wasting it on packs. Give me a target to save up for.

In form Angel Correa at RM and Marcos Llorente at RB I'd say.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This game has been reduced to a trivela shot spamfest, it is so sad. So sweaty.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I sold my team and started using first owned/cheap players to save coins for the next promos. Initially it was a struggle in Div 4 but since they nerfed the pressing tactics, I've been playing more people who seem to be on balanced and I'm taking them to the cleaners. So many poor players hide behind broken tactics on this game.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pretty much. Its not even about playing the game anymore

dannyrhinos89

Just blasted 20 saved packs actually did decent for once, got WC Milik plus benzema, son and other high rated fodder.

Meller

So I packed enough fodder from my 50 saved packs to complete Essien. Used Partey this WL and still got to 11 wins. Pretty fun team to use, playing 3-5-2 in game. Picked Ghana as my WC team and did get an 80-rated Aidoo but chem drops 2 points so won't use him. Defense is a bit suspect and I wish I did Kim (I think his name is) SBC.

dannyrhinos89

Just spent 3 hours grinding all the swaps tokens in the first goal wins. Got all 8 from there now thank god. The teams were easy apart from Senegal as I had to use 2 gk as outfield players which was a pain.