Gaming FIFA 23

Meller

Nice to see someone else going first owned, I'm currently 2 from 5 so on target for 8 typically.

EDIT: Just to add a bit more what's your side looking like? I've got semi lucky with packs and got Cancelo and VVD both untradable plus Mount IF.

Running this

Ramsgate
Semedo Carlos VVD Cancelo
McTominay Kaka(Loan)
Rodriguez
Pulisic Nunez Harrison
Well I just packed Son and Ljungberg in the same pack, my only good rewards from 9 wins in the WL.

I played with:
Martinez
Walker FB Silva Gomez Shaw
Mahrez Casemiro Silva Harrison
Nunez Rodrygo

Should have got to 11 wins but some of EAs finest put a stop to that. What's annoying is the rewards as my red picks were complete trash and my TOTW pack had a high of 81.

Edit: Will now use Ljungberg as RM and Son as LM so not a total disaster in regards to WL rewards but still, a decent red pick would have been nice!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just packed Haaland Finally got a good pack.

I might just use him rather than sell as I feel he will keep his price for quite sometime.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Well I just packed Son and Ljungberg in the same pack, my only good rewards from 9 wins in the WL.

I played with:
Martinez
Walker FB Silva Gomez Shaw
Mahrez Casemiro Silva Harrison
Nunez Rodrygo

Should have got to 11 wins but some of EAs finest put a stop to that. What's annoying is the rewards as my red picks were complete trash and my TOTW pack had a high of 81.

Edit: Will now use Ljungberg as RM and Son as LM so not a total disaster in regards to WL rewards but still, a decent red pick would have been nice!
Impressive you’ve got through the whole WL in a day haha

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Had the day off or well kind of, been working nights this week. Only time this week I could play so!
I'm finishing mine tonight and think I'll finish on the same. Just packed RB Phillips after saving my hybrid leagues packs so he'll come in for my last 5 games. Hopefully get over the line for a totw pack

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Been on a ridiculous grind to get that Nuno Santos foundation card.

Once it’s complete I’ll head into the Weekend league with the following squad. (All untradeable excerpt Lemar, palhinha, Pau Torres, DARWIN, Lemar and adama.

Nice little 3 league hybrid which is fun.

Formation 3-4-3 (In game 5-1-2-2)

GK- DE GEA
RWB- Adama traore
RCB- St Juste
CB- VVD
LCB- Pau Torres
LWB- Nuno Santos
CDM- João Palhinha
RCM- Lemar RTTK
LCM- Llorente
ST- Moments Danjuma
ST- OTW Darwin

Went 15-5 last weekend with a similar set up. So hoping for better now. Naturally had to get Nuno Santos.

AaronRedDevil

Every pack is untradeable now. Don't know how those utter scumbags manage to get away with that BS in the first place. Can't count the amount of untradeable I've gotten and how much coin I had to throw away simply because I already have him. I had to throw away TWO 30k players today. Plus I didn't know the Sbc for hybrid league etc were ALSO untradeable. WHY! are they doing everything possible to tick off every fan that's given them loads of money. It just makes no sense. Also that position modifier if so dumb. Thr old way was better. I thought it I can put any player anywhere to that effect. NOPE. Can't put that CM into a CAM or CDM. Another thing they "improved".

P-Nut

Every pack is untradeable now. Don't know how those utter scumbags manage to get away with that BS in the first place. Can't count the amount of untradeable I've gotten and how much coin I had to throw away simply because I already have him. I had to throw away TWO 30k players today. Plus I didn't know the Sbc for hybrid league etc were ALSO untradeable. WHY! are they doing everything possible to tick off every fan that's given them loads of money. It just makes no sense. Also that position modifier if so dumb. Thr old way was better. I thought it I can put any player anywhere to that effect. NOPE. Can't put that CM into a CAM or CDM. Another thing they "improved".
I think the player change is quite nice, players can only play in realistic positions now that they have played in real life. With the removal of player links I think that makes sense, even though it does limit what you can do

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I think the player change is quite nice, players can only play in realistic positions now that they have played in real life. With the removal of player links I think that makes sense, even though it does limit what you can do
On the player change, fabinho not having CM is a bit of a joke and ditto for casemiro and wingers being locked to one wing when in reality I'm watching them pop up on the other wing every so often.

P-Nut

On the player change, fabinho not having CM is a bit of a joke and ditto for casemiro and wingers being locked to one wing when in reality I'm watching them pop up on the other wing every so often.
Yeah I'd agree some players are too limited in their positions they can play in, similar for Martial having LM, but not LW :lol:

The idea behind it is much better though I think

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Yeah I'd agree some players are too limited in their positions they can play in, similar for Martial having LM, but not LW :lol:

The idea behind it is much better though I think
They should just get rid of the right and left and just make them wingers, most top level wingers pop up on both sides even martial and rashford have been known to venture on the right.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Changes my team for this weekend league and finished just short of the 60 points but got a premier totw pack, ultimate pack and rare player pack. The 3 red players picks were horrendous.

The premium totw pack was decent, 86 Pedri, 84 Muriel and 83 Frimpong.

Changed between formations and found a lot of success with 4222.

Full backs on balance and trigger attacks in game.

Kante and Valverde Cdm

Kante to drop between defenders, cut passing lanes and stay centre.

Valverde balanced and stay centre.

Totw Cesinha and Sterling LCAM and RCAM
Left their instructions as were.

Jota and Neymar stay centre striker, get in behind. I still have to trigger runs and don’t find the instructions very useful.

Cesinha was excellent. Good red pick from last week. 81 rated superstar.

Totw red pick Trossard bench
Red pick Rafael Leao bench

Didn’t use any other subs really.

P-Nut

Changes my team for this weekend league and finished just short of the 60 points but got a premier totw pack, ultimate pack and rare player pack. The 3 red players picks were horrendous.

The premium totw pack was decent, 86 Pedri, 84 Muriel and 83 Frimpong.

Changed between formations and found a lot of success with 4222.

Full backs on balance and trigger attacks in game.

Kante and Valverde Cdm

Kante to drop between defenders, cut passing lanes and stay centre.

Valverde balanced and stay centre.

Totw Cesinha and Sterling LCAM and RCAM
Left their instructions as were.

Jota and Neymar stay centre striker, get in behind. I still have to trigger runs and don’t find the instructions very useful.

Cesinha was excellent. Good red pick from last week. 81 rated superstar.

Totw red pick Trossard bench
Red pick Rafael Leao bench

Didn’t use any other subs really.
@iammemphis told you shed loads of people were using that 4222, might have to try it out again

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
@iammemphis told you shed loads of people were using that 4222, might have to try it out again
Yeh i set one up and won and lost 2 games each with it. Reverted back to 5 at the back after though. I don't know if it's just the next gen version but defending with centre backs is impossible. All they want to do is turn on the spot and not move, which means they just stare and watch as attackers make runs past them, even when im switching to control them, they just don't want to move half the time and you just know you're about to concede. 5 at the back gives me that extra body in the way. :lol:

Frank White

Yeh i set one up and won and lost 2 games each with it. Reverted back to 5 at the back after though. I don't know if it's just the next gen version but defending with centre backs is impossible. All they want to do is turn on the spot and not move, which means they just stare and watch as attackers make runs past them, even when im switching to control them, they just don't want to move half the time and you just know you're about to concede. 5 at the back gives me that extra body in the way. :lol:
Just do what everyone else does, high press, pressure on heavy touch etc.... 5 subs mean it's easily viable for 90 mins.

Frank White

Finished up my games got the 11 wins got Pedri red and some other shite. Normally really like WL but the game play this weekend was so bad.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’m finding people are using AI defending a lot, probably a force of habit from previous Fifa versions however it’s clearly not as overpowered as it once was and I’m finding it very easy to score.

Learn to defend manually as often as possible and you’ll be successful on this Fifa unless they mess this up with a patch. I read a few pros and streamers were moaning about this because they absolutely abuse the AI mechanics and didn’t like having to defend manually. It should remain as it is.

The referees are absolutely appalling though.

I lost one game where everything I done was a foul. It was brutal.

acnumber9

Learn to defend manually as often as possible and you’ll be successful on this Fifa unless they mess this up with a patch.
Biggest issue with this is the god awful player switching. It’s always been bad but they seem to have done the impossible and made it worse.

dannyrhinos89

I actually love the position changes I found it such BS that you could convert a striker to CDM just for chem reasons. in no way should you be able to start a match with Ronaldo at cdm, or start Kante at striker.

I do agree on the untradables thing though, I find I’m forced into doing sbcs I don’t even want because I can’t imagine throwing away a 85 rated dupe.

LARulz

Anyone here play with manual controls rather than default/assisted?

Meller

Biggest issue with this is the god awful player switching. It’s always been bad but they seem to have done the impossible and made it worse.
Agree with this, it's my biggest gripe with the gameplay this year.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah that is a lottery at times as to which player the game selects.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It is loads better for me than player relative.
It’s okay and better than normal but it still has the issue of being unable to switch quickly to a player deeper in the defence because there’s another player between them man and ball. Sometimes it would be great to just quickly switch to a CB for instance. To be fair I’m not sure what the solution is but I’d love them to come up with a new innovative way to change players.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I can only play a few games here and there, I won't bother with trading or the WL, so I'm going pretty casually and I'm still stuck in the dumpster divisions, but I'm actually having a lot of fun playing the Dutch objective for Wijndal. Not sure how I will continue after that though. Chemistry is pretty tricky this year and there aren't enough good Eredivisie players yet.

Somehow Pellegrini is pretty menacing in attack.

Last edited:

Meller

Did the 86 max icon pack because of course I did and packed Koeman...
Still he's pretty good in defense at this stage of the game and was an improvement over Gomez so meh... Still it's a bad one!

P-Nut

Did the 86 max icon pack because of course I did and packed Koeman...
Still he's pretty good in defense at this stage of the game and was an improvement over Gomez so meh... Still it's a bad one!
I put basically every untradable I've got in to it, but pulled Ballack so I'm quite happy with that. It's meant I can drop Nunez finally and move Rodrigo up top

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
TOTW Sorloth is absolutely banging them in for me. 34 Games 57 goals. I'd love to get Odegaard out of this team, but he's the glue holding Sorloth's chem up to 3. If anyone has any ideas how I can get Odegaard out, without impacting them that would be great. Tried a load of iterations, but its always dropped to 30.

Frank White

TOTW Sorloth is absolutely banging them in for me. 34 Games 57 goals. I'd love to get Odegaard out of this team, but he's the glue holding Sorloth's chem up to 3. If anyone has any ideas how I can get Odegaard out, without impacting them that would be great. Tried a load of iterations, but its always dropped to 30.

Could just take out the prem boys and go full la liga? Strikers like Jesus are common, could easily replace him with someone like Correra and then swap out Odegaard for someone like Valverde or Kessie.

Meller

I put basically every untradable I've got in to it, but pulled Ballack so I'm quite happy with that. It's meant I can drop Nunez finally and move Rodrigo up top
At first I was happy with Koeman as I thought he could play CDM but only his mid version has that position change.

And icons aren't as good chem wise this year which is a bit of a shame.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Could just take out the prem boys and go full la liga? Strikers like Jesus are common, could easily replace him with someone like Correra and then swap out Odegaard for someone like Valverde or Kessie.
great plan, brought in a Canales for Odegaard and I had an Inaki Williams in my club already that I can use until I can save up enough coinage to get someone decent.

flameinthesun

Managed to get to div 4 with a full united team with only eriksen and dalot as special cards. Actually having fun playing with Martinez at the back!

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I still have an untradable team but I’m not struggling against players I feel are similar skill level but have a better team so my coins are close being spent.

Joe Aribo is not coping well against the likes of Ballack and Essien these days.

Went back to Soler (PSG) and he’s doing okay.

I have had way more fun playing untradable and letting my coins build up.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Annual question: is this game any good for a single player who could care less about ultimate team?

Not played a footie game properly in years, but always optimistic.

dannyrhinos89

Annual question: is this game any good for a single player who could care less about ultimate team?

No, EA put all their resources into the thing that makes them money which is UT.

all other game modes get ignored year in year out. Career mode is basically unchanged for years.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

Am loving Pro Clubs this year – so if you like that mode I would say yes. I haven't touched the single player mode and just played this :)