Gaming FIFA 23

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hilarious seeing everyone moan about the game and buy it every year. If it’s that predictably bad, why buy it?

flameinthesun

Hilarious seeing everyone moan about the game and buy it every year. If it’s that predictably bad, why buy it?
Its effectively the only decent football game. Whilst I think the core gameplay is exactly the same as fifa 21, that its designed for FUT players that want to spam meta, the reality is there is no other football game on the market (lets not mention Efootball....). So if I want to play a football game, be able to play as united etc then this is the only game out there.

There is fun to be had in seasons, career mode and pro clubs. But you always end up realising how little effort they put into things that are not fut. For example not sure if its the same as last year but in career be a pro mode your contract never ran out at a club. Its something so basic yet is a small example of many examples that show EA does the bare minimum outside of FUT. Then when you do open FUT it has the most bells and whistles of any mode.

TLDR its the only playable football game out there and until something else pops up people like me who want to play a decent football game will probably buy it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
For me the money is worth it for the amount of games I get to play with mates in person over a year period. It’s significantly less annoying when you’re playing in that environment. Still allowed to complain about the rest of it though.

Jack-C20

Anyone starting up a club for the caf? I'm really enjoying pro clubs but desperately need more players
There’s a thread somewhere where one has been set up. I’ll be joining hopefully once my PS5 arrives.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Anyone starting up a club for the caf? I'm really enjoying pro clubs but desperately need more players
@Solius has set one up:

It's called RedCafe Utd with abbreviation RCU.

Members:

Solius - CM/LW
christy87
AaronRedDevil - ST
Woodzy
bosnian_red
Swooshboy - swoosh_volt

Searching for it doesn’t seem to work, but if you add Sol or I as friends it should show up.

Anyone on PS5 going to be on after the game tonight? Would be good to get a few games together!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Nice I'll join that asap
Cool!

Have been loving Pro Clubs in this version - hadn’t really played it for a couple of years but the matches seem so much better than I remembered them being.

Will be even better with some regulars instead of randoms on the team!!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Cool!

Have been loving Pro Clubs in this version - hadn’t really played it for a couple of years but the matches seem so much better than I remembered them being.

Will be even better with some regulars instead of randoms on the team!!
I dream of playing a match where the forwards don’t call for the ball in every scenario and are aware you can pass backwards to keep the ball.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Erm if it was this bad every year I'd have definitely only bought it once? It's genuinely shocking. Its quite literally unplayable on single player unless you enjoy winning every game 9-0.

Not sure how it can be compared to previous FIFA games because none of them were nearly as bad as this.

Maybe it can be fixed with an update but it's broken to the point that it shouldn't have been released at all until one was already ready.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Its effectively the only decent football game. Whilst I think the core gameplay is exactly the same as fifa 21, that its designed for FUT players that want to spam meta, the reality is there is no other football game on the market (lets not mention Efootball....). So if I want to play a football game, be able to play as united etc then this is the only game out there.

There is fun to be had in seasons, career mode and pro clubs. But you always end up realising how little effort they put into things that are not fut. For example not sure if its the same as last year but in career be a pro mode your contract never ran out at a club. Its something so basic yet is a small example of many examples that show EA does the bare minimum outside of FUT. Then when you do open FUT it has the most bells and whistles of any mode.

TLDR its the only playable football game out there and until something else pops up people like me who want to play a decent football game will probably buy it.
I started a club career mode on hardest difficulty. Got 7 league games in and had a +46 goal difference despite losing 6-5 to Man City. Surely the point of a career mode is that there's meant to at least be an element of realism to it.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I dream of playing a match where the forwards don’t call for the ball in every scenario and are aware you can pass backwards to keep the ball.
Yep - it is a mixed bag but I’ve been pleasantly surprised in the games I’ve played.

Not too many people trying to dribble around every player!

But you’re right - games would be much easier if their was a bit more patience shown by players!

Frank White

I started a club career mode on hardest difficulty. Got 7 league games in and had a +46 goal difference despite losing 6-5 to Man City. Surely the point of a career mode is that there's meant to at least be an element of realism to it.
It's that bad? Ultimate on FUT is damn near impossible, wonder why it's so easy offline? Get where you're coming from there is zero enjoyment in thrashing teams 6-0 a game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yep - it is a mixed bag but I’ve been pleasantly surprised in the games I’ve played.

Not too many people trying to dribble around every player!

But you’re right - games would be much easier if their was a bit more patience shown by players!
Had a LW in a game just now call for the ball at every opportunity. Each time he got it he ran straight into a player and lost it. I stayed in position all game and the one time I burst forward and a pass was on I called for it, and the CPU still chose to pass it to the LW who had also obviously called for it despite there being two players in the way. We lost the ball.

Ekeke

Did they change or take out the ability to play a normal match with a single player libero grande style? Cant seem to find how to turn it on. I know you can lock to a player during a game but its not the same thing as the AI wont play normally around you, it just waits for you to call for a pass. Would be dissappointed if its gone

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
These disappearing radars have been the most annoying bug ever in FIFA.

FattyFooty

Yeah it’s weird. I’m finding attackers can just breeze past me and I have no way of catching up. Also the R1 second player support seems incredibly passive this year. They will run over and pressure but essentially just jog alongside and never really take the ball or help in any way.
Can it be the new lengthy, explosive, controlled system?

FattyFooty

I think the game is great, but some of the wrongs is kinda to much.

Bugs, and that hero pack thing is just so bad and unfair for everyone that didnt get it. We might get compansaited but still. Its so bad.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I think the game is great, but some of the wrongs is kinda to much.

Bugs, and that hero pack thing is just so bad and unfair for everyone that didnt get it. We might get compansaited but still. Its so bad.
Changing the advanced sbc’s to untradeable is a real annoyance also the amount of untradeable packs is getting really annoying, just packed Casemiro for the 2nd time, I’m not quick selling an 89

FattyFooty

Changing the advanced sbc’s to untradeable is a real annoyance also the amount of untradeable packs is getting really annoying, just packed Casemiro for the 2nd time, I’m not quick selling an 89
Did you get the Hero pack? And yeah it just feels wrong dropping a 89.

Eddy_JukeZ

This FIFA is shit. Online games are pretty much decided who gets the lucky break with lag at the right time
Not entirely true, but sports games are inherently going to have a low skill gap compared to other comp games.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
FUT rivals online is infuriating. had a terrible run of results on Sat night. I mean like 8 losses in a row. I promised myself I was going to play until I won a match. Finally got the tub of the green in a match, and went 2-0 up just after half time. Instantly went to the pause menu and the opponent disconnected. I took every single one of those losses. Same on Sunday, played 3 matches, first 2 were losses, last one I went 1-0 up about 25 mins in to the game, and they quit.

I've literally never properly won a match (whistle blown at 90 mins) in this version. I've only got the wins for the opponent disconnecting.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've got a pretty poor team and 45k in coins. Is it worth doing the starter SBCs like Hybrid Leagues etc and hoping to pack some better players?

Team is

Pickford
Renan Lodi
Romero
Diego Carlos
Nelson Semedo
Verratti
Nuno Mendes
Paqueta
Coman
Sancho
Felix

All gold.

I'm holding my own so far against much better teams, into div 7. Not got further yet as I've only played 2 or 3 evenings since it was released.

FattyFooty

FUT rivals online is infuriating. had a terrible run of results on Sat night. I mean like 8 losses in a row. I promised myself I was going to play until I won a match. Finally got the tub of the green in a match, and went 2-0 up just after half time. Instantly went to the pause menu and the opponent disconnected. I took every single one of those losses. Same on Sunday, played 3 matches, first 2 were losses, last one I went 1-0 up about 25 mins in to the game, and they quit.

I've literally never properly won a match (whistle blown at 90 mins) in this version. I've only got the wins for the opponent disconnecting.
Formation and tactics are very important in this FIFA.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

Whats your team and team chemistry like? If you have a basic squad it can be very unenjoyable. Its worth building a team of cheap pacey players on good chem, and im using 5 at the back (5122). I find some tactics on youtube also help.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
If you think I've only come in here to say that i got Haaland red pick in my rewards last night then you'd be absolutely correct. :lol:

They're rewarding the poor players though, i only got 11 wins from 20. Take it though!

Frank White

If you think I've only come in here to say that i got Haaland red pick in my rewards last night then you'd be absolutely correct. :lol:

They're rewarding the poor players though, i only got 11 wins from 20. Take it though!
11/20 is pretty decent tbh and congrats. The amount of Haaland and Sorloth combos i'm playing atm is ridiculous seems everyone packed him red.

Just changed up my team to get the Serie A boys in. Bennacer and Anguissa look fantastic hopefully they can get the wins required for the upgrades both of them 86 rated will be class.

Frank White

I've got a pretty poor team and 45k in coins. Is it worth doing the starter SBCs like Hybrid Leagues etc and hoping to pack some better players?

Team is

Pickford
Renan Lodi
Romero
Diego Carlos
Nelson Semedo
Verratti
Nuno Mendes
Paqueta
Coman
Sancho
Felix

All gold.

I'm holding my own so far against much better teams, into div 7. Not got further yet as I've only played 2 or 3 evenings since it was released.
100% at worse you'll be left with some decent fodder for future SBC's would be surprised if you don't pack something decent from 2x100k 3x50k packs and a couple of other decent packs.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Whats your team and team chemistry like? If you have a basic squad it can be very unenjoyable. Its worth building a team of cheap pacey players on good chem, and im using 5 at the back (5122). I find some tactics on youtube also help.
I've got a couple, both running 33 Chem. Some matches though I just can't seem to get the ball at all. Or if I do within 1-2 passes they've got it back. Maybe I just need some practice, barely played on 22.

My main squad

My Brazilian Squad

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

I got him too and I also only came in this thread to let everyone know :lol:

I ended up on 10 wins myself but I'm not spending any money on points this year so my team was worse than nearly everyone I played last weekend.

Took me a while to get used to him but he's absolutely unreal. Currently up to div 4 in rivals

flameinthesun

Maybe played me! As there is no relegation from a div (I think) and with the milestones its not that damaging to quit a game you are losing. Yeah you lose a bit of the coin multiplier but don't really lose much else. For example I am playing a 100% united team and am a few wins off of div 5, as i've reached the final checkpoint and I know i'm going to be overmatched by special card teams etc if i'm 3 down in the first half i'll usually just quit.

FattyFooty

2 days to next Fur Champions and EA has yet to comment on what they will do with the Hero issue...

Are they just gonna pretend it didnt happen?

Frank White

2 days to next Fur Champions and EA has yet to comment on what they will do with the Hero issue...

Are they just gonna pretend it didnt happen?
They've swept this well and truly under the rug now. They haven't even addressed it so there is no way they'll be compensating people anytime soon/ever.

Will say that if you don't log on at 6 every day you'll likely miss out on whatever they do put out, stupidly decided to walk the dog last night instead so doubt i'll be getting my pre-season rewards anytime soon with the royal cock up they had last night too.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
After getting incredibly lucky with one of my packs and getting a Mendy. I sold him for 140k did a bit of and my team looks way better. Plays way better too. Up to Div 8 now

GK - Jorge Campos (brilliant, but gets beaten by high shots too easily)
RB - Jesus Navas
CB - Ronal Araujo
CB - Jules Kounde
LB - Jose Gaya
RM - Rodrygo
CM - Martin Odegaard
CM - Frenkie De Jong
LM - Vinicius Junior
ST - Gabriel Jesus
ST - Alexander Sorloth (diet Haaland)

Managed to finish a match that I won. But only because I scored the winner in the 92nd minute

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
They've swept this well and truly under the rug now. They haven't even addressed it so there is no way they'll be compensating people anytime soon/ever.

Will say that if you don't log on at 6 every day you'll likely miss out on whatever they do put out, stupidly decided to walk the dog last night instead so doubt i'll be getting my pre-season rewards anytime soon with the royal cock up they had last night too.
I ended up with a pre season reward. TOTW Gold, awesome I thought. Ended up with some nobody from Lincoln City.