Gaming FIFA 23

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
I'm facing the same issues as every year. I can only get to 90 mins in the game if I am losing. I score 1/2 goals, the game is paused. Hit resume game, and get a disconnected message. Not sure if these wins count towards objectives/milestones. Pretty sure that the "score with a forward" etc don't count. These people still get a loss right?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's weird and annoying how you have random games where everyone turns on a dime and every pass is zipped in and every player feels like they're at 99 pace and agility and balance, and others where the same players are turning in sludge.

Jack-C20

My first FIFA since 2020. Took me a while to find out the catalogue doesn’t exist anymore. Pro Clubs is all I play and it does feel better. It actually feels fairly playable even with a low rated player.

Frank White

It's weird and annoying how you have random games where everyone turns on a dime and every pass is zipped in and every player feels like they're at 99 pace and agility and balance, and others where the same players are turning in sludge.
Fifa in a nutshell. Personally don't mind as much this year because even nimble agile players turn slower so you don't really feel the effects too much in attack but in defence it's a pisstake.

Posh Red

I've been trying to get people together for it, always the issue not having enough to make it interesting
Most of my mates don’t really approach it properly to be honest and it just ends in chaos. I’m actually really enjoying drop ins and the player progression system this year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t know why the game equates height with speed. The taller your player is the slower he becomes but there’s no real correlation. Scholes was short and slow. Rashford is tall and fast.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I don’t know why the game equates height with speed. The taller your player is the slower he becomes but there’s no real correlation. Scholes was short and slow. Rashford is tall and fast.
This isn't really how correlation works right..

jasT1981

I've had the same issue in FIFA 21, 22 and now FIFA 23.

Career mode.

Phil Jones rejects every single transfer. I get lots of offers, and he rejects every single contract.

His contract has now expired though at the end of my last season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've had the same issue in FIFA 21, 22 and now FIFA 23.

Career mode.

Phil Jones rejects every single transfer. I get lots of offers, and he rejects every single contract.

His contract has now expired though at the end of my last season.
What’s the issue?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been playing some Pro Clubs drop ins as a CM. Just did this in the 90th min :drool:

Chief123

And Haaland is as tall as you can get and as quick as you can get.

Yeah I never got that part of fifa. It’s like they couldn’t find the right balance.

Chief123

Been playing some Pro Clubs drop ins as a CM. Just did this in the 90th min :drool:

That’s beautiful!

Although if I was one of the strikers I’d be swearing at you for not passing and going all Hollywood! :lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
And Haaland is as tall as you can get and as quick as you can get.

Yeah I never got that part of fifa. It’s like they couldn’t find the right balance.
Isn't it actually about balance. If they allowed tall and fast to work everyone would go for Fellaini with Mbappe pace and it would just become a mess.

Pro clubs actually works well with the trade off between height and speed.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Isn't it actually about balance. If they allowed tall and fast to work everyone would go for Fellaini with Mbappe pace and it would just become a mess.

Isn't this new "lengthy" trait the new meta? It's all I see them talk about on r/FIFA. It only applies to players over a certain height and they're faster than explosive trait players, or something like that.

Jack-C20

‘Why are you shooting from there ffs?! Oh it’s gone in, fair enough’

I’m playing CM/CAM and it’s a killer when your player is a newbie. Getting up and down the pitch with no stamina is a killer.

Sara125

I too have noticed the improvement in pro clubs. The game seems more…flowy?

Handré1990

Good news if true about pro clubs! The most overlooked mode in fifa, and the only thing I play. Tried playing FUT with a friend who’s into it a few months ago, and the difference in how it flows and how slow and cumbersome pro clubs felt after was staggering.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good news if true about pro clubs! The most overlooked mode in fifa, and the only thing I play. Tried playing FUT with a friend who’s into it a few months ago, and the difference in how it flows and how slow and cumbersome pro clubs felt after was staggering.
Career mode drowning in the distance.

Handré1990

Career mode drowning in the distance.
Yeah, might be, however I would think there’s lots more playing pro clubs regularly over the year a game is relevant. I played it competitively for a few years and was surprised to say the least how big of a communtiy it is world wide.

Chief123

Yeah but the point is Pro clubs just assumes if you are tall you can’t be fast. And you can only be the fastest if you are tiny. Haaland is one of the tallest and one of the fastest players in the world.

But yes I agree there needs to be a trade off else where otherwise everyone would just have tall and fast builds. Maybe it should take considerably more games to get to that build.

For years pro clubs has been unrealistic as nearly every pro club player has a 5’4” build and is rapid. Dwarfs sat on a rocket.

I’d like to at least be able to be 6 foot and not out run by midgets everytime.

Chief123

Yeah, might be, however I would think there’s lots more playing pro clubs regularly over the year a game is relevant. I played it competitively for a few years and was surprised to say the least how big of a communtiy it is world wide.
Pro clubs is massive. I only started playing it a couple of years ago after playing fifa for over 25 years. For me it became the most enjoyable mode of the game. Especially when you have a club with plenty of players.

Handré1990

Pro clubs is massive. I only started playing it a couple of years ago after playing fifa for over 25 years. For me it became the most enjoyable mode of the game. Especially when you have a club with plenty of players.
I started playing it when they first introduced it, but it was when I started playing 11v11 I enjoyed it the most! Really feels the closest to «real» fotball, if that makes sense?^^ I don’t have time to play on a team anymore, so I just play with friends when I find the time. You need at least 5 players and someone decent on any to get the best experience I feel.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The AI defenders on clubs seem less dumb. But don’t hold me to that.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Anybody play on PC? is it any good? haven't played in ages and getting kinda bored of FPS.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rating system in clubs is still shite. I’m the only one sticking to my position, not calling for the ball in silly situations, winning the ball back, intercepting, playing passes, etc.. 5.9 rating.

I had the audacity to support the attack a few times and also needed to cover the entire right hand side because the winger is just running off the pitch the whole game for some reason.

Handré1990

The AI defenders on clubs seem less dumb. But don’t hold me to that.
Rating system in clubs is still shite. I’m the only one sticking to my position, not calling for the ball in silly situations, winning the ball back, intercepting, playing passes, etc.. 5.9 rating.

I had the audacity to support the attack a few times and also needed to cover the entire right hand side because the winger is just running off the pitch the whole game for some reason.
I never play with AI, can’t stand it, even good players will call for the ball in stupid positions a few times, that’s why you need someone decent on «any»:) Removes the most annoying element imo.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I never play with AI, can’t stand it, even good players will call for the ball in stupid positions a few times, that’s why you need someone decent on «any»:) Removes the most annoying element imo.
I just got sent off for two yellows so I can’t really complain any more :lol:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Complete opposite for me, I can't stand playing with an ANY. Removes the whole "teamwork" aspect from Pro Clubs, knowing when to call for the ball and positioning yourself correctly to receive it from the CPU is part of the skills required to be a good team.

AaronRedDevil

Yeah it’s very hard to get a good rating unless you are a striker. I’m an 8.4amr player. Right now I’m 7.4 in 23. Played a lot as cm which was annoying because he favoured the other players. Even though it was clear I was a better attacker. Just left them the other day. They are ranked 40 in the world. We drew with Number 1 ranked the other day. They are not that good.

AaronRedDevil

I prefer AI tbh. With any it’s so much easier to attack them if they have one. AI seems better this gen.