Gaming FIFA 23

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Yeah it’s very hard to get a good rating unless you are a striker. I’m an 8.4amr player. Right now I’m 7.4 in 23. Played a lot as cm which was annoying because he favoured the other players. Even though it was clear I was a better attacker. Just left them the other day. They are ranked 40 in the world. We drew with Number 1 ranked the other day. They are not that good.
All these Pro teams are absolute wank, with unbearable egotistic managers.

I prefer to just find a 4-5 decent players who can play properly, but also have a laugh and chill out. Best experience on FIFA.

Handré1990

Complete opposite for me, I can't stand playing with an ANY. Removes the whole "teamwork" aspect from Pro Clubs, knowing when to call for the ball and positioning yourself correctly to receive it from the CPU is part of the skills required to be a good team.
Disagree completely, and I’ve played with and against some of the very best. Noone who plays on a high level plays with AI. All you do is learn to play against and with AI.. CPU will never be as fluid as a good player on any when everybody knows how we want to play, imho.

AaronRedDevil

All these Pro teams are absolute wank, with unbearable egotistic managers.

I prefer to just find a 4-5 decent players who can play properly, but also have a laugh and chill out. Best experience on FIFA.
Yeah it’s funny. The guy has 8-10 players all the time and the one time we had only 4 with me up top, we won all our games. Less chaos, nice and simple. Hate stacked clubs.

Handré1990

I prefer AI tbh. With any it’s so much easier to attack them if they have one. AI seems better this gen.
I don’t think it’s easier necessarily, just two completetly different ways of playing the game. I use lots of skill moves in the oppos box, to draw defenders out of position and pens, the AI seems to be made impossible to kill with skill moves. While through balls and one-twos often sees us winning with ridiculous numbers vs AI. When you get used to the AI it gets to be too easy, because they all more or less defend and act the same way.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Disagree completely, and I’ve played with and against some of the very best. Noone who plays on a high level plays with AI. All you do is learn to play against and with AI.. CPU will never be as fluid as a good player on any when everybody knows how we want to play, imho.
ANY as defence is ridiculously easy to play against, those 80 rated plebs get beaten so easily with skill moves, it's like playing Volta instead of pro clubs.

Handré1990

ANY as defence is ridiculously easy to play against, those 80 rated plebs get beaten so easily with skill moves, it's like playing Volta instead of pro clubs.
I’d say that’s true most of the time, while if you meet the guys who played any from my old teams you’d be lucky to score once, no matter the division you’re in. The update to possible different tactics a few versions ago made it very possible to adjust for the situations you are talking about. We usually have at least one player in every third of the pitch anyway.

Sara125

On pro clubs it seems like if you don’t make a key pass every second your rating will stay at 6.0 and continuously decline for NO apparent reason

AaronRedDevil

On pro clubs it seems like if you don’t make a key pass every second your rating will stay at 6.0 and continuously decline for NO apparent reason
Yeah it’s stupid. They need to revamp those ratings. Had 4 interceptions, 2 tackles, 1 block and 100% passing. 7.3mr….

flameinthesun

Stuck in fut div 6 hell. Getting close to that point every year where I switch over to seasons and career mode. Does anyone now if they fixed the contract issue in be a pro where effectively your contract never runs out.

Frank White

Stuck in fut div 6 hell. Getting close to that point every year where I switch over to seasons and career mode. Does anyone now if they fixed the contract issue in be a pro where effectively your contract never runs out.
Honestly stay there. I'm in div 4 atm and all you play are 5 atb bore fest, god knows who's responsible for it but today 6 out of about 9 games where all 5 atb snoozes. Was trying to get div 1 asap but will probably be hard stuck here for a while, fut champs can't come soon enough.

Wal2Fra

So had a few days to play this. Was only on FUT until yesterday, until I got online with clubs.
FUT positives:
* I like the new chemistry system. Hopefully by having players on 0 chem points when out of position will reduce the number of players having strikers in midfield, Walker at cb etc…
* With the game being less about pace (until the patches change all that) it means being able to try different formations and players
* Moments looks like a good game mode too, although the rewards itself don’t seem too great

Negatives:
* pack luck - this is more personal after seeing some of your pulls but mine have been usless. 1 85 rated (Sule) and 1 87 rated (Maignan). Just makes every objective or milestone completed feel like a bit of a waste of time.
* AI - the ai are useless, always out of position, terrible runs and often static. The goalkeepers spend more time diving the wrong direction than making saves, which makes each game a shoot-out.

As for clubs, we prefer to play with an any. We are normally 2 sometimes 3. Last year my Brother played exclusively as any, with his pro as a striker and me at CAM. This year we have decided to switch every few games. Always tough defending with the non-pro players, especially in the early divisions when they are all such low rated but overall it is a great mode - competitive but also chilled.

AaronRedDevil

Thought the whole point of the position modifyer was that I could put any player anywhere. Kinda dumb you now can't turn a cm.in either cam or cdm. So they took that away? Wth

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Thought the whole point of the position modifyer was that I could put any player anywhere. Kinda dumb you now can't turn a cm.in either cam or cdm. So they took that away? Wth
The idea is that it's now specific to players - so they can swap between positions that they actually play. Turning a CM into a CDM or CF or ST is less important now that player links aren't a thing anymore.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It makes sense how they did it, but they didn't give some players enough options. Basically now you can make someone like Sancho LW or RW, or Rashford LW or ST, but you can't turn a ST into a CDM or vice versa.

Meller

Well did some SBCs today and had some good pack luck for my starter PL team. Packed Casemiro, Walker and Bernardo Silva all untradable. Seriously lacking a striker though but still a decent haul.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok AI defending on clubs is actually shite because it’s just always perfect. Even with 4 front pressing players they all play out with inch perfect passes. The back four are always in a nice straight line and you’ve never got any space on the wing. If they get near you it’s pretty much an auto tackle so the only way to score is to pass it around multiple times which is too much to ask from a random group of players which includes midgets with afros.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It makes sense how they did it, but they didn't give some players enough options. Basically now you can make someone like Sancho LW or RW, or Rashford LW or ST, but you can't turn a ST into a CDM or vice versa.
Why would you want to turn a ST into a CDM?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Why would you want to turn a ST into a CDM?
For chemistry purposes - it used to be players had to have links to each other according to their position on the pitch, so having a ST start at CDM would allow him to link to your RB & RCB for instance. They'd actually play striker in game.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Ok AI defending on clubs is actually shite because it’s just always perfect. Even with 4 front pressing players they all play out with inch perfect passes. The back four are always in a nice straight line and you’ve never got any space on the wing. If they get near you it’s pretty much an auto tackle so the only way to score is to pass it around multiple times which is too much to ask from a random group of players which includes midgets with afros.
AI defending does seem v good!

I played a number of drop-in games earlier and actually really enjoyed it. Granted, some players do try and dribble through everyone, but I always tend to stay on the wing in space and then make quick passes anyway :)

TheReligion

Abusive
Why do you all keep ploughing money in to FUT?

No wonder there’s been zero motivation for them to make meaningful improvements to the game mechanics and offline play.

Talk about being part of the problem!

Frank White

Why do you all keep ploughing money in to FUT?

No wonder there’s been zero motivation for them to make meaningful improvements to the game mechanics and offline play.

Talk about being part of the problem!
Don't think anyone's mentioned FP once in here.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
For chemistry purposes - it used to be players had to have links to each other according to their position on the pitch, so having a ST start at CDM would allow him to link to your RB & RCB for instance. They'd actually play striker in game.
People would put Mbappe as cdm to fit him into their squad for Chem purposes before and then do quick tactics to move him top (or whatever it used to be).
I understand. I misunderstood you. In my view it isn't needed anymore in Fifa 23. Provided that most players have enough options.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You basically have to attack like it’s Rugby. Playing it sideways across a perfectly straight defensive line.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I used to be quite good at Fifa. I quit the Fifa where Ryan Kent was in every team. Not because of that, I just remember.

I was often close to top 100 and usually Elite in the weekend league. I stopped spending any money though and found it difficult whereas in the past you were rewarded by playing.

I went back to Fifa this year and the game play hasn’t taken a significant improvement for me. There are still significant elements which are annoying although I haven’t conceded a goal from kick off. It has taken 20 years but have they sorted this?

I haven’t lost a game in rivals yet and made my way up to division 5. I had Fifa points at the start as I purchased the Ultimate Edition.

From tradable packs I have packed absolutely nothing. Untradable I have Neymar and Kante. The rest of team isn’t too great though but it’s okay and entirely untradable.

Ramsdale, Mendes (PSG), Akanji totw, Thiago Silva flashback, Reece James. Kante, Soler (PSG) and totw Trossard. Neymar, otw objective Richarlison and Saka.

I don’t really mess about with custom tactics but I’ll have a look into this. I like switching formation though. I like 4222, 433 with a cam and 41212 wide. A lot of auto blocking so wide formations have been great.

My wife is in her final year of Uni so we have scaled back on weekend stays everywhere so this passes time.

Any cheap hidden gems anyone would recommend?

Saka is garbage
Ramsdale is crap
Soler is rubbish
Richarlison is ok but clunky

I probably have about 50k so not much to go with. I won’t play squad battles unless I have objectives to complete. They’re soul destroying. Online rivals or objectives in friendlies. I won 7/8 on that cup for packs which was harder than rivals. Some incredible teams already although the one which beat me was similar to mine, just a better player.

Frank White

I used to be quite good at Fifa. I quit the Fifa where Ryan Kent was in every team. Not because of that, I just remember.

I was often close to top 100 and usually Elite in the weekend league. I stopped spending any money though and found it difficult whereas in the past you were rewarded by playing.

I went back to Fifa this year and the game play hasn’t taken a significant improvement for me. There are still significant elements which are annoying although I haven’t conceded a goal from kick off. It has taken 20 years but have they sorted this?

I haven’t lost a game in rivals yet and made my way up to division 5. I had Fifa points at the start as I purchased the Ultimate Edition.

From tradable packs I have packed absolutely nothing. Untradable I have Neymar and Kante. The rest of team isn’t too great though but it’s okay and entirely untradable.

Ramsdale, Mendes (PSG), Akanji totw, Thiago Silva flashback, Reece James. Kante, Soler (PSG) and totw Trossard. Neymar, otw objective Richarlison and Saka.

I don’t really mess about with custom tactics but I’ll have a look into this. I like switching formation though. I like 4222, 433 with a cam and 41212 wide. A lot of auto blocking so wide formations have been great.

My wife is in her final year of Uni so we have scaled back on weekend stays everywhere so this passes time.

Any cheap hidden gems anyone would recommend?

Saka is garbage
Ramsdale is crap
Soler is rubbish
Richarlison is ok but clunky

I probably have about 50k so not much to go with. I won’t play squad battles unless I have objectives to complete. They’re soul destroying. Online rivals or objectives in friendlies. I won 7/8 on that cup for packs which was harder than rivals. Some incredible teams already although the one which beat me was similar to mine, just a better player.
OTW Sterling is class so far for me and will fit your team, can't recommended him enough and will likely get some upgrades and could go out right to replace Saka. Renato Sanches is stupid too, probably be a bit more than 50k but he'd be a good upgrade on Soler. I bought his OTW and with a upgrade or two he'll be useable for a good couple of months.

From experience don't worry about keepers they're all useless, using Ter Stegen atm and i hate him. Jesus is still a player a face quite a bit too so you could get him, he can also play out right too and could replace Saka.

binary bot
The game is decent at lower ratings when players have weaknesses and strengths. I was hopeful it would last a bit longer this year but those champions league cards feel like it’ll be 22 again and i’ll get bored around November. Every game is the same once you get those mini Gullit cards

didz

The game is decent at lower ratings when players have weaknesses and strengths. I was hopeful it would last a bit longer this year but those champions league cards feel like it’ll be 22 again and i’ll get bored around November. Every game is the same once you get those mini Gullit cards
Agree with this. I've got a midfield of Eriksen, Kimmich and Verratti right now and can enjoy passing it around nicely. But give it two weeks and there will be loads of cards that pass just as well and are also monsters for pace and power, judging by how it's going.

Also, that dribbling buff for lower rated players has already made half of Verratti's attributes redundant, since I can now pull off the same turns and tight control with just about anyone.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Jumped into a few games of Pro Clubs this afternoon. Was good. Went for CM and was generally averaging between 7 and 8. How does it work when you actually join a random club?

Can imagine 11 human players on the team would be absolute carnage.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
OTW Sterling is class so far for me and will fit your team, can't recommended him enough and will likely get some upgrades and could go out right to replace Saka. Renato Sanches is stupid too, probably be a bit more than 50k but he'd be a good upgrade on Soler. I bought his OTW and with a upgrade or two he'll be useable for a good couple of months.

From experience don't worry about keepers they're all useless, using Ter Stegen atm and i hate him. Jesus is still a player a face quite a bit too so you could get him, he can also play out right too and could replace Saka.
I started using Areola and he is far better than Ramsdale.

Yeah I need to somehow get Sterling. I want him but don’t have enough coins. I suppose it’ll be a grind and I will attempt to get him.

I’ve purchased 40 x John Stones at 850 coins. Praying for an 83requirement sbc to at least double the coins and go from there.

Frank White

Hopefully you lot got your free hero card. Can't complain but only got Ljunberg myself.

Vapor trail

It's been like this since the last FIFA. What happens is Ultimate Team players wine and complain to EA via twitter, EA make adjustments to the AI defending on the basis of overpowered cards, then when you step away from UT and play against AI defence in more regular modes you realise how OP the defending is because the adjustments are made on the premise of UT cards (97 pace, 90+ shooting etc) and not the general balance of the game overall.

The UT community is the sole reason why the past few titles for FIFA has been terrible. EA consistently patch their feedback into a product that is totally undesirable. Happens year in year out. Their most profitable venture is ultimately a liability when it comes to game dynamics which is why anyone should have remote interest in a footballing game. I hope the new gaming publishers making that upcoming game (UFL) breaks the monopoly that EA contend in.

Last edited:

arthurka

I just don't seem to get into this, feels absolutely generic. Hate this shit.

Frank White

EA messed up and released a hero pack for 25k or 500fp. It was up for about 15 minutes so the market went ape shit, unfortunalty had the majority of my coins tied up in investments but manged to get Cole, Smolarek, Morientes and Gomez for about 300k.

Skills

Snitch
This FIFA is shit. Online games are pretty much decided who gets the lucky break with lag at the right time

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Having played this a bit now (until i gave up on it), from a single player point if view it is without doubt THE worst game I've ever spent money on. It is literally broken.

Every single game is 9-2 or 6-5 or something idiotic because you can just score by sprinting up the pitch with literally any player, and can't do anything about it if this happens to you either. You can't even fix it with the sliders.

I'm honestly astonished EA had the nerve to or were dumb enough release this. Not a chance in hell I'll be spending a penny on any of their games for a long long time amd tbh they should really be offering refunds. No Man's Sky for example was significantly less broken than this game.

LARulz

Is there any point in manual control players getting this game? FUT still refuses to have a control type filter, seasons the amount of other players is dropped a lot over the years and offline play is always a joke