Gaming FIFA 23

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Anyone else think the keepers are worse this year?

90% of shots are going in.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Absolute state of that AI defending. Its absolutely shit and has been exactly the same for as long as I remember.
Yep that's how it is every game regardless of team. You have no choice but to play the really obvious open through ball past the high line or run into an AI auto tackle.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’ve tried in previous FIFAs player career as a CAM and that was a healthy balance of creating and scoring without frustration of only scoring one type of goal.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Why have face scans got much worse over the years I’ve just flicked through United team on kick off mode And 90% of them look like they were drawn up by sketch artists.

also cheers for my otw Tyler adams EA.

Ekeke

Either United are amazing, legendary and any other AI setting is terrible or a bit of both.. Had my first AI games United Vs. Liverpool, after a couple of eazy thrashings on the other difficulties it suggested going to max legendary, so I did and played my 3rd match beating Liverpool 8 - 0. Game feels super easy now but again that might be because United are easy to buildup with with better footballers in CB and CM this time around.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Well, I've just packed Mbappe out of a two-player pack. Ridiculous luck that I never usually get! He's untradable but honestly couldn't care less. Three games in and he's on 9 goals and 2 assists on div rivals :lol: If I speak...

Woodzy

Either United are amazing, legendary and any other AI setting is terrible or a bit of both.. Had my first AI games United Vs. Liverpool, after a couple of eazy thrashings on the other difficulties it suggested going to max legendary, so I did and played my 3rd match beating Liverpool 8 - 0. Game feels super easy now but again that might be because United are easy to buildup with with better footballers in CB and CM this time around.
The AI is terrible

Frank White

Well, I've just packed Mbappe out of a two-player pack. Ridiculous luck that I never usually get! He's untradable but honestly couldn't care less. Three games in and he's on 9 goals and 2 assists on div rivals :lol: If I speak...
My luck this year is next level. 0 fp spent and I've packed 91 Pele and Smolarek untradeable and from back to back MM two heroes in Kuyt and Park.

Heads up for anyone needing investment tips OTW investing is still very profitable bought 12 Nunez last night for sub 70k and just sold them for 97k each now. Probably could have held out for more but will reinvest tonight when they release promo packs, hopefully he doesn't score.

dannyrhinos89

I've just opened 3 100k pack from various objectives.

Didn't get anything over 84 rated in all 3.

dannyrhinos89

Because it’s a con.

Yeah even though I don't mind the gameplay I'm finding it hard to get motivated and continue playing because I'm not actually getting anything in packs so it's pointless really.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
One win away from Division 6, and already up against crazy teams.

It is so annoying that I always have to play teams much better than mine, by not spending extra money on the game.

FUT would be so much better without the possibility to buy packs.

Though only hypothetical, they wouldn't care one bit about the game mode if so.

Ted Lasso

They have managed to get player weight to a really enjoyable place.

You can play a very good game of football. The biggest problem is 99% of the community don't care to. I've yet to encounter more than a handful of such players trying to play a beautiful game rather than one based on exploits and unrealistic tactics to cheat the mechanics. This is online over the better part of 15+ years and includes PES as well. For all the PES community snobbish talk I see online, theirs is arguably as bad and on occasion worse.

Also silver friendly servers seemed to be really good but divisions fut absolutely awful. Idk if it's based on total players or what. Shame because silver games have been fantastic

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Would love to play this but can't launch the game on pc :lol:

I hate EA so much.

Meller

Doing the Richarlison objective and the teams I come up against... Like you have Mbappe and Haaland and you wanna grind out for a 81 rated player? He would need 4 or 5 informs to even be a decent card in a few months. Still it's easy enough and right now he will improve my team and I've decided to not spend any real money this year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There was an glitch in FIFA 22 career mode where if you try to take a suspended player out of your line-up before a game it would tell you one of the players was ejected from the match and cannot be substituted. That glitch is still in this years game. They’ve not touched it at all.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
An issue with server or file itself?
Something to do with the Anti Cheat thing they've added this year. It's affected thousands. Had it working the other day but can't get it going at all now just gonna have to wait for a fix I've tried all the workarounds.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
There was an glitch in FIFA 22 career mode where if you try to take a suspended player out of your line-up before a game it would tell you one of the players was ejected from the match and cannot be substituted. That glitch is still in this years game. They’ve not touched it at all.
Think that glitch has been in for best part of a decade. It’s ridiculous.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I mainly play career mode as an individual player and there's some really silly issues when playing the highlights of the game (which tbf is a great addition in theory)

1. Player with the ball in a crossing position immediately runs out if play when highlight begins

2. Highlight abruptly ends when I take a shot and the ball is heading towards goal, in some cases it's actually about to roll in

3. Utterly ridiculous amount of penalties

4. When a highlight begins and there's a chance for my team, my player is situated at the edge of my own box - this one happens constantly

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Something is broken with the defending on this game. Whichever team isn't in possession, all their players suddenly have the speed and turning circle of a 70 year old Harry Maguire.

I've had the cpu score against me where its literally just run past my team from kick off and booted the ball in, because I couldn't get any of my players to move in time. Where as I can just use any remotely pacey player to coast up the pitch, cut in or outside the one defender who gets anywhere near me, and score nearly every time, and this is on legendary.

Needs sorting out as otherwise it doesn't seem too shabby.

Also get rid of this weird thing where it randomly zooms in for a shot sometimes. What even is this?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Something is broken with the defending on this game. Whichever team isn't in possession, all their players suddenly have the speed and turning circle of a 70 year old Harry Maguire.

I've had the cpu score against me where its literally just run past my team from kick off and booted the ball in, because I couldn't get any of my players to move in time. Where as I can just use any remotely pacey player to coast up the pitch, cut in or outside the one defender who gets anywhere near me, and score nearly every time, and this is on legendary.

Also get rid of this weird thing where it randomly zooms in for a shot sometimes. What even is this?
Yeah it’s weird. I’m finding attackers can just breeze past me and I have no way of catching up. Also the R1 second player support seems incredibly passive this year. They will run over and pressure but essentially just jog alongside and never really take the ball or help in any way.

Frank White

You can turn it off in settings apparently, I've sort of got used to it but a mate of mine said he turned it off.

Frank White

Yeah it’s weird. I’m finding attackers can just breeze past me and I have no way of catching up. Also the R1 second player support seems incredibly passive this year. They will run over and pressure but essentially just jog alongside and never really take the ball or help in any way.
Online or offline? Online I'm in div 5 atm and coming up against people replicating the Holland national team of old it's a proper ballache. The lack of left stick dribbling means any high press tactic makes beating a man stupidly hard.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Online or offline? Online I'm in div 5 atm and coming up against people replicating the Holland national team of old it's a proper ballache. The lack of left stick dribbling means any high press tactic makes beating a man stupidly hard.
Online. I’ve still won most of my games but it’s a bit weird how you can’t get a yard of space with a quickly timed burst any more.

FriedClams

The power shot thing is disgusting. That’s not what it looks like in real life when a player puts some oomph into a shot.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Play switching is pretty horrific. To the point it seems buggy. Defending is quite hard too, but I've not played online for a few years so may just be that.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
With the dire state that Efootball is in, Fifa 23 is a decent game albeit with a few annoyances

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Anyone ever played a team that isn't PSG on Seasons?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It takes too long to let you control the nearest defender and even when you do they seem to have the acceleration of a truck performing a hill start. At the same time they won't automatically react to what's going on and position themselves correctly either.

The AI is just broken basically. It's always been shite especially offline, but it feels like they've tried to tweak something to help out with attacking play and massively overdone it.

Also not a major gripe but why are the pl fixtures randomised rather than mirroring the real schedule? I feel like they could significantly improve career mode in general by just spending a small amount of time tidying it up. They just copy and paste it every year and occasionally add something pointless in, but never fix any of the issues.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Managed to pack VVD from the objectives packs and obviously he isn't tradable so decided I'm going full RTG and not buying a player off the transfer market and just using SBCs and packs to build my team. Should keep it interesting a little while longer

Frank White

Managed to pack VVD from the objectives packs and obviously he isn't tradable so decided I'm going full RTG and not buying a player off the transfer market and just using SBCs and packs to build my team. Should keep it interesting a little while longer
Does seem that they're giving us a lot of free packs so should make it a bit more fun too. Honestly the 2 player upgrades have been class for me out of about 10 today I've packed IF Akanji, Ter Stegen, Kimmich and Valverde for like 3k a pop they're worth a go if you're bored.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
United are poor. I play United because starting from Div 10 it is more difficult as I still play against PSG/Real Madrid all the time, and I want to progress as far in Seasons as possible, and when I'm blocked, I will switch to a better team.
I switched to City for a few games and was trashing all opponents online. Compared to that, United is a "manual" game - you need to do all by yourself while City allows you to make a lot of mistakes + Haaland makes runs that put him on a few 1on1s every game. Rudiger is the only CB I faced so far that kept Haaland quiet.

I also dropped Ronaldo from the squad as he didn't do anything for me.

EDIT: anyone interested in playing 1on1 online please DM me. My nick is BorysTheEast. I am on business trip the next few days, maybe will take PC with me because that's the only chance to have more free time in the evening.

Last edited: