Gaming FIFA 23

Ekeke

I really, really, really wish FUT and Fifa were seperate games

Looking at the gameplay changes as they are focused on and featured, they are cool. How noticable they are in a general match we'll see. But I dont and havent given a toss about FUT since the first or second one. I dont care about any of those changes because I wont touch it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I really, really, really wish FUT and Fifa were seperate games

Looking at the gameplay changes as they are focused on and featured, they are cool. How noticable they are in a general match we'll see. But I dont and havent given a toss about FUT since the first or second one. I dont care about any of those changes because I wont touch it.
So why would it make a difference separating it? It wouldn't be any cheaper

Frank White

Pre-ordered the standard edition of this with EA play membership.

I've looked it up and it says pretty clearly that by purchasing the game with EA play membership, the game will be made available from Tuesday 27th for 10 hours until the full release date on the 30th.

However, upon purchasing the game it says it'll auto-download for me on Wednesday 28th and there's no option to proactively download it now.

Anyone else experience this? Maybe I'm missing something somewhere. I thought possibly you have to have pre-ordered the FUT edition to get it early but I've seen in a few places that that isn't the case, EA play membership will do.
I assume the trial (10 hours) you'll be able to download tomorrow and the auto download on Wednesday is the full game. Last year for me the trial worked as the full game when it became available so i didn't have to re-download so maybe that will be the same with you.

Ted Lasso

Think I'm going to have to buy it simply because of the addition of AFC Richmond and Coach Beard.

If I don't play Ultimate Team and stick to offline career I know I'll enjoy the game having found the beta to be decent. Sure, it's quite likely all those things about the core of the game being fixed is true, it's still playable unlike even the most recent Efootball release. The new patch does nothing for me and the game looks like it was made by a studio of one. Coming from a PES comvert of nearly a decade

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I assume the trial (10 hours) you'll be able to download tomorrow and the auto download on Wednesday is the full game. Last year for me the trial worked as the full game when it became available so i didn't have to re-download so maybe that will be the same with you.
Thank you!

Woodzy

Initial thoughts are this is far too easy against the AI. If you play single player then I wouldn’t bother

Frank White

Was in two minds between going with Nkunku and having some coins left over or going all out and buying Mane for 85k went with the former and just checked their price :confused: no idea why I didn't buy Mane ffs he's up nearly 90k atm and doesn't look like slowing down.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Antony looks class but at 82 rating and he's up to 40k after being like 20k 2 days ago... yeah I'm just gonna stick with Bukayo Saka at 2k.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Initial thoughts are this is far too easy against the AI. If you play single player then I wouldn’t bother
Downloaded the trial on Xbox, put it on World Class and was 3-2 up against Leicester after… 18 minutes. Literally every attack was a goal. Already deleted it, seems it will be yet another year of 8-6, 5-5, 7-3 all over the place. Pointless.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Downloaded the trial on Xbox, put it on World Class and was 3-2 up against Leicester after… 18 minutes. Literally every attack was a goal. Already deleted it, seems it will be yet another year of 8-6, 5-5, 7-3 all over the place. Pointless.

Play it on a higher difficulty.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
right, I've not played this for years apart from a match here and there.

What's the SBC stuff all about? How do you complete them. Is it a case of knowing every player in your club, what position, league and club they play for?

I've got to do this;

Exactly 1 clubs in squad - assume I need all of the players to play for the same team in real life
Exactly 2 players common - 2 players, both not rare (One CM and 1 CB)
Exactly 1 Chemistry point on each player - how do I tell this? Or is this something that is assigned when you add 2 players to the squad who play in the correct position, and play for the same team?
Number of players in squad 2 - self explanatory

mu4c_20le

Player career mode looks good so far. Ten Hag is not an easy man to please.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So is it any different or same old? FUT game play is usually only good the first month and then offline or non FUT game play is the way to go for sure. I'll get it Friday as the ultimate edition is pointless these days for me.

FUT wise, managed to get:
Muniain - Benzema - Saka
Eriksen - Tchouameni - Modric
Acuna - Araujo - Romero - Reece
Mendy
Got Reece James for 3500, had a few of him but then sold him to get some other players... now he's above 15k. Passed on getting Antony at 20k and now he's at 56k already. Ah well. Benzema stats wise looks great, not sure why he was only 30k or whatever but now he's sold out so I'm guessing he'll shoot up a lot. Saka as well is very decent and only 2800 compared to all the others being way above.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Why oh why did I expect anything decent from these morons.

First 2 rivals game I win comfortably but get disconnected from at the end. Both Counting as losses.

Then I win 2 more but this time I manage to get back to the main screen and my progress is stick on zero.

Now the servers have fully shit the bed and I can't get on at all.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I am bored of the same old, so I am doing an all United team this year, even though I have just packed untraceable Kante.

I am going to save to buy Antony and Rashford next, but won't be able to buy Varane yet, and Ronaldo will take a while to get.

I will cheat a little bit going forward and use icons if they are United legends.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Is it possible to play online vs a particular friend, using existing teams? Absolutely not interested in the player packs or fantasy team or any online league.

Frank White

Just finished hybrid nations SBC and out pops 91 Pele from the 100k. 1st icon since Hagi way back when icons only linked to icons 100% doing a road to 1000 goals with him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I am bored of the same old, so I am doing an all United team this year, even though I have just packed untraceable Kante.

I am going to save to buy Antony and Rashford next, but won't be able to buy Varane yet, and Ronaldo will take a while to get.

I will cheat a little bit going forward and use icons if they are United legends.
Wouldn’t it just be easier to play online as Utd?

Chief123

Is it possible to play online vs a particular friend, using existing teams? Absolutely not interested in the player packs or fantasy team or any online league.
Yep. It’s actually even better this year. You can play your friend even if they are on a different platform. It’s cross play between PC, PlayStation and Xbox.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Player career mode looks good so far. Ten Hag is not an easy man to please.
Does it have the same bugs it's had for over a decade now? Playing as a keeper means the AI just passes the ball around the midfield the entire game, you can't request a transfer, etc?

Hoof the ball

This year takes yet another step forward with the introduction of eleven-motion technology. Eleven players now play on each team, adding an increased realism to this years FIFA. And that's not all; there's also Dynamic Spherical Momentum implemented, a new feature that brings the ball to life in a way that it never did before.

- IGN (9.9/10)

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I've just seen a gameplay video for this. If it wasn't for the title of the video you could have told me it was any of Fifa 15 to 22. Embarrassing what FUT is funding. Same cards every year, same designs, same faces, same mechanics, same modes.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone know if the PC version is old gen or new gen?

mu4c_20le

Does it have the same bugs it's had for over a decade now? Playing as a keeper means the AI just passes the ball around the midfield the entire game, you can't request a transfer, etc?
Hmm haven't played as a keeper but some bugs are still there, like when you run over to hug the manager to celebrate a goal, in the replay it sometimes shows you hugging someone invisible. Game is also way too easy even on ultimate and I had to use sliders to make scores less like baseball. Pace is still king, etc

edit: havent tried manager career yet but i heard they took out budget adjustment :/

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This year takes yet another step forward with the introduction of eleven-motion technology. Eleven players now play on each team, adding an increased realism to this years FIFA. And that's not all; there's also Dynamic Spherical Momentum implemented, a new feature that brings the ball to life in a way that it never did before.

- IGN (9.9/10)
Ok now someone do a parody

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I believe it’s new gen as the cross play is with PS5 and Xbox one.

Nice thanks. May have to check it out, haven't played a football game in years out of protest to FIFA being old gen on PC.