Gaming FIFA 23

Frank White

So I wound up deciding against Messi and going with Van Persie for sentimental reasons. That also freed up just enough of my extra players to be able to do both Schweinsteiger and the Icon pack. Wound up getting base Garrincha who has been phenomenal and plays a bit like I imagine Flashback Messi would.

As an aside, my goodness Schweiny is incredible!
Well worth it then. Only thing I hate about the icons is that you essentially sacrifice chem by having them in your team.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Finally ground out enough World Cup tokens to get the 3x 20x84+ packs. Nothing amazing out of them. But about 20 walkouts. 2 purples. And loads of fodder to stock my club up again. Might have to move away from my la liga team as there was a lot of prem players in there.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Just got Vieira from the swaps. Kinda stupid he doesn't have a CDM position.
He is just incredible in game.

He has scored a few goals already for me with headers from corners. He is just an all round monster on this game.

The 60 game limit on swaps is interesting. Interestingly Spain gave me the worst problems. The cards are so slow compared to other nations.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Decided to play again this year but regretted it instantly as I remembered how addicted I get to saving for certain players etc, and with only being able to play at nights it meant I was staying up far too late just to get my games in. Luckily I managed to get baby Cantona and built a team that I was having a lot of fun with. Then I got to that stage in my head where I just felt that I was happy with what I'd done and no longer feel the need to play.

Funnily enough I was going to quit, more from frustration, a bit earlier. But when that Moise Kean card was released, I was having a lot of fun with my team again. Then I got SIF Salah from WL rewards and suddenly, through selling that card, I had the money for Cantona. I then proceeded to just wipe the floor with most people with my Kean and Cantona attack. That Kean card is absolutely amazing, the best striker I've used in a long time and I'd say the most fun I'd had with a card in a few years. With a finisher he just felt like a complete striker. I'd be buzzing if I packed R9 and he played like that.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Does anyone else’s record show incorrectly in FUT champs (I’m on Xbox). Currently on 17 points (3 wins 5 losses - first time on Xbox) but record is showing as I’ve lost all 8.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is this any good to play if you don’t want to do the silly card stuff?

As in a decent football game to play with the lads and a few beers?

I miss PES nights

Ted Lasso

I miss PES nights
Career mode with sliders is fantastic. Did a couple seasons managing AFC Richmond as Ted Lasso :)

Regular online games, not FUT, are also decent. The world cup addition has been a nice add on.

Meller

I miss PES nights
It's a fun game to play against friends yeah. Me and my mate usually play volta with futsal rules which is great.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Should be called psg 23.

On seasons psg is way too good. Messi is fast for some reason. Mbappe is a God.

And 50% of all teams I play choose psg. feck off!

Real Madrid are also unbeatable.

If a team is other than real or psg I usually win.

Casemiro is an absolute beast though. I have him with Scotty and both are a force. So much so I can deal with Scott's shite passing.

Rashford is accurate as he can only run and shoot. Malacia is almost as fast as mbappe. Sancho is useless. Antony has no right foot. Good god. But he's damn good. Martial is my main man.

Anyone fancy a game I'm redevilcanuck.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

I miss PES nights
The GOAT on ps2.

My boy has it and it plays as if the players are going 100mph and playing on ice. Just doesnt look right some animations.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
does anyone know if you can get purposely relegated in FUT Rivals? I went on a proper lucky winning streak, and jumped up from 8 to 6 in a really short space of time. I'm struggling, everyone seems to have a team packed full of Icons, and they spend the whole match tricking, spinning, trivellaing, and drugging my keeper so he collapses to the ground every time they shoot.

Frank White

does anyone know if you can get purposely relegated in FUT Rivals? I went on a proper lucky winning streak, and jumped up from 8 to 6 in a really short space of time. I'm struggling, everyone seems to have a team packed full of Icons, and they spend the whole match tricking, spinning, trivellaing, and drugging my keeper so he collapses to the ground every time they shoot.
You can't once you're in that division. In 2 weeks?? you'll get a reset that puts you down 2 divisions but for now you're just going to have to try your best.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m saving the 3 84x20 for Team of the year and praying.

ive got about 12 tokens left and can’t be bothered really grinding out more so I might just go get a couple of the players that are available in swaps. That Christensen is looking appealing as I use la liga or maybe Morata.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
You can't once you're in that division. In 2 weeks?? you'll get a reset that puts you down 2 divisions but for now you're just going to have to try your best.
cheers, getting a bit bored of getting bummed 75% of the time. Some of these guys are insane. Played a match at lunch, and he did the same thing every time, some mad through ball that goes 100mph, Rafal Leao then did several ball rolls, some odd spin move, then shot. 9-0 win, my keeper didn't save a single attempt. Looks like I'll just be doing squad battles for the next fortnight.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
I’m saving the 3 84x20 for Team of the year and praying.

ive got about 12 tokens left and can’t be bothered really grinding out more so I might just go get a couple of the players that are available in swaps. That Christensen is looking appealing as I use la liga or maybe Morata.
I got a lot of prem players out of the 3x84x20 packs. Flipped completely away from my Spanish team (that I accidentally submitted most of in and SBC) managed to build this. Helped that I was able to see my Marquez for 180k and a Corona for 28k

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I got a lot of prem players out of the 3x84x20 packs. Flipped completely away from my Spanish team (that I accidentally submitted most of in and SBC) managed to build this. Helped that I was able to see my Marquez for 180k and a Corona for 28k

That eriksens good. Score a few screamers with him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Anyone ever fancy a game online give us a shout!!

Frank White

cheers, getting a bit bored of getting bummed 75% of the time. Some of these guys are insane. Played a match at lunch, and he did the same thing every time, some mad through ball that goes 100mph, Rafal Leao then did several ball rolls, some odd spin move, then shot. 9-0 win, my keeper didn't save a single attempt. Looks like I'll just be doing squad battles for the next fortnight.
Are you playing just to get you're 8 wins? If so honestly you'll be better served just quitting when you get thumped that bad. Sounds bad and if they had a better system in place I wouldn't do it but if I'm 2-0 down in the 1st half I'm leaving. There's 0 consequences so might as well instead of wasting another 15 minutes watching griddy after griddy.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Are you playing just to get you're 8 wins? If so honestly you'll be better served just quitting when you get thumped that bad. Sounds bad and if they had a better system in place I wouldn't do it but if I'm 2-0 down in the 1st half I'm leaving. There's 0 consequences so might as well instead of wasting another 15 minutes watching griddy after griddy.
pretty much, and I'm just trying to mix it up a bit. Squad battles can get a bit repetitive. Waiting on some of my friends to get it still so we can have some matches

dannyrhinos89

that's a decent squad, have you used VVD yet? He’s like a cheat code in defence he just seems to get his big body in the way of everything.

to be honest I’m saving the packs because my club is in a good position at the moment, I have loads of high rated fodder if I want to do an sbc. If I opened the packs now they’d be a waste As I’d get too many duplicates.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
that's a decent squad, have you used VVD yet? He’s like a cheat code in defence he just seems to get his big body in the way of everything.

to be honest I’m saving the packs because my club is in a good position at the moment, I have loads of high rated fodder if I want to do an sbc. If I opened the packs now they’d be a waste As I’d get too many duplicates.
I've got his World Cup Card. He was the one who saved me for the little countries. Absolute beast. Not seen him in a pack though, and I only have about 8000 coins.

Need to do a bit of saving if I have any hope of buying him. although I could go back and sell what remains of my la liga team (if any are tradeable)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Question for whose used both at centre back, which is the better investment Mascherano or Carvalho?

Frank White

Question for whose used both at centre back, which is the better investment Mascherano or Carvalho?
I assume both WC heroes? I've Used both but only the standard version of Carvalho and he was fantastic in the lengthy meta. Mascherano is decent too but honestly in this game play pace is king so players like Van Dijk, Koulibaly etc will suffice. I'm using PTG Kim Min Jae atm and he's elite.

Ted Lasso

Carvalho. Mainly because I like "investments" that you can play with and be is fantastic.

I sold all my club right before the QFs and bought the WC Griezman and one Boufal. Made the matches quite a bit more exciting. Now I'm wondering if I should hold both thru the semis because why the heck not.

dannyrhinos89

just seen how much PTG Griezman is.

I bought him when he came out for 530k he’s now 1.5 million…..easiest coins I’ve ever made.

Ted Lasso

just seen how much PTG Griezman is.

I bought him when he came out for 530k he’s now 1.5 million…..easiest coins I’ve ever made.
Sold him? I'm wondering what he could drop to if Morocco wins. If France goes to the final he's definitely going up another 500k min

dannyrhinos89

Sold him? I'm wondering what he could drop to if Morocco wins. If France goes to the final he's definitely going up another 500k min
nah still got him. I mean Morocco have been great but their luck has to run out soon surely I’m backing France to beat them, if he gets the 5* skills he will be 1.7 I reckon.

Ted Lasso

nah still got him. I mean Morocco have been great but their luck has to run out soon surely I’m backing France to beat them, if he gets the 5* skills he will be 1.7 I reckon.
Thing is, Morocco look very very solid. They haven't fluked it. Has a similar flavor to Greece's Euro win for me. France is a favorite by a mile for sure but it is football after all and anything can happen.

I've noticed the hype on these live cards being something else. Griezman hit 1.75 million earlier today. Looking like 2+ isn't out of the question if France wins the semi.

dannyrhinos89

Thing is, Morocco look very very solid. They haven't fluked it. Has a similar flavor to Greece's Euro win for me. France is a favorite by a mile for sure but it is football after all and anything can happen.

I've noticed the hype on these live cards being something else. Griezman hit 1.75 million earlier today. Looking like 2+ isn't out of the question if France wins the semi.
Yes the hype is ridiculous but very risky I think bernardo was around a million then they went out and he lost about 600k almost immediately.

I actually like using Griezman though he's brilliant in game so it would be hard to sell him even with the huge profit.

Meller

Packed Kewell in the hero pack so now I have to fit baby Henry, Kewell, Morientes and baby Del Piero in the team.