Gaming FIFA 23

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Finally got to division 1 in rivals (although season has reset so back down to 3 now) - it's absolutely awful. Every game is so tight and if you go behind even as early as the 60th minute, every fecker just seems to pass it round the back and I can't get near them.

Meller

I still haven't received a single season reward pack from rivals this FIFA.

Frank White

I still haven't received a single season reward pack from rivals this FIFA.
Through lack of games or EA error? Rivals to me is the worst game mode outside of SB. I'm currently on 83 games total, about 20 SB and 150 friendlies. Bulk of my games are WL for time/effort WL is the best can normally knock out a whole WL in 3 hours for 11 wins.

Frank White

Anyone do the Angel Gomes SBC?
Yup was in the processes of a P&P United team but apparently iv'e chucked Vidic in a SBC so need a new CB. He's what you'd expect looking at the card nice dribbling, good pace etc he's just like 50 other cards you can buy but for the price of the SBC and potential upgrades he's well worth.

Meller

Through lack of games or EA error? Rivals to me is the worst game mode outside of SB. I'm currently on 83 games total, about 20 SB and 150 friendlies. Bulk of my games are WL for time/effort WL is the best can normally knock out a whole WL in 3 hours for 11 wins.
EA error. Can't be bothered though as I rarely pack anything good.

Frank White

EA error. Can't be bothered though as I rarely pack anything good.
What? That's crazy, are you 100% you're hitting the milestone set because i know EA stupidity knows no bounds but iv'e never heard of anything like this before?

Meller

What? That's crazy, are you 100% you're hitting the milestone set because i know EA stupidity knows no bounds but iv'e never heard of anything like this before?
Yes, usually get to 50 games each season but haven't received a single pack so far.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Anyone give me a lowdown on what weekend league is? Literally just blast out some games? I qualified for the first time ever (never really tried before) and I have no bloody idea. Beautifully convenient as the wife is out with her old school chums on Friday night.

Frank White

Anyone give me a lowdown on what weekend league is? Literally just blast out some games? I qualified for the first time ever (never really tried before) and I have no bloody idea. Beautifully convenient as the wife is out with her old school chums on Friday night.
It's a 20 game limit game mode where you get points per game and then in the end whatever milestone you achieve you get packs, red picks, coins and other picks depending on where you land.

Honestly for the effort it takes WL is the best mode. If you're going for the highest possible finish my advice would be space out the games a bit, only play <18 ping games (even then still iffy) and turn off cross play.

Frank White

I’m getting a proper kicking.
It gets easier. If you lose a few take a break or make a cuppa and try again. Honestly if you can get to 6/20 you'll be good, problem is there's nothing in pack atm but even low rated fodder is selling for a premium.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
People who quit after receiving a penalty against them in the 90th minute in WL wont see heaven.

Ted Lasso

Cleared my club to do one more 89+ Prime Icon SBC...had my wife open it as she's been good luck before. The first one I did earlier this year she opened up Prime Maldini. This time...Prime Zidane!

Now to figure out what SBC to throw my 94 SBC Zidane into :lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm enjoying this promo.

For minimal grinding you get pretty decent cards. It's a shame it's only prem though and not other leagues.

dannyrhinos89

theres a couple of other cards. Mcgeady and Bahebri.

ended up getting rank 7 in WL. I didn’t enjoy it. And I officially hate Ben Yedder and Mbappe.
I'm not bothered for them 2 cards as I'll ne er use them. Might just do them for fodder though.

Yes mbappe, Al owairan, jairzinho have a special place in hell.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
The ballers cards have been a pretty good source of fodder this week. Ederson you get his 90 then after 5 games you get a 91. If you don't plan on using him, that's bloody good for an 89/90 team

FattyFooty

Anyone played Haaland TOTY in FUT?

Imo best player i tested so far. He kinda is like in real life. Faster than everyone, Finishing is stupid good, Stronger than everyone.

He is extremely good.

Meller

The ballers cards have been a pretty good source of fodder this week. Ederson you get his 90 then after 5 games you get a 91. If you don't plan on using him, that's bloody good for an 89/90 team
Yeah all of them have been cheap SBCs and I'll finish them for the fodder. Still only playing with my PaP United team so there hasn't been a good SBC for a while, would like to change something and I'm still playing with 84 Shaw as my LB. Can afford Malacia but don't want to waste all of my coins on a LB.

Ted Lasso

Wife has done it again on the Icon SBCs. Pick was: Prime Ronaldinho , Mid Cafu and Schweinsteiger. I'm floored.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
You know the Road to The UCL Final cards?

If I buy, for example, Barella, and Inter beat Benfica and advance to the semis... will the stats on that card I've bought improve?

Or is it a case of, they bring a new card out with improved stats?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
This is the first time I've really played FUT (other than a dabble in to the intro packs in previous FIFA's)

what's the end game here? How much better can these cards get? Will everyone end up with a 99 rated team?

This is what I'm currently running with (all first owner). Got a bit lucky with the packs this week, and pulled Emerson, Rush and Zinchenko (tradeable).

Last edited:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
This is the first time I've really played FUT (other than a dabble in to the intro packs in previous FIFA's)

what's the end game here? How much better can these cards get? Will everyone end up with a 99 rated team?

This is what I'm currently running with (all first owner). Got a bit lucky with the packs this week, and pulled Emerson, Rush and Zinchenko (tradeable).

Do you keep this formation in game or use the custom formations?

The more you play weekend league you’ll find the best style of play. How did you get on I. Your first few weekends?

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Do you keep this formation in game or use the custom formations?

The more you play weekend league you’ll find the best style of play. How did you get on I. Your first few weekends?
I’ve only gone for it once, when the wife was out with her school friends. Didn’t do too bad. Finished rank 7 I think. But when I got beat I got absolutely slammed.

I generally just play a 442. Nothing custom.

I’ve always bought fifa, just never really played the FUT mode. I’ve enjoyed it, spent way too much time on it though.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Weekend league has been quite close this weekend. Usually the first ten are comfortable but lost 2 games already so sitting on 11 from 13.

I’ll go for 14 and stop as I always get better rewards there. I’ve stopped at 11 a few times recently and rewards have been terrible.

dannyrhinos89

Packed bday puskas from the 90+ sbc. For once a gamble icon pack has gone in my favour. Its by far the best card I've ever had.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
NEVER mention the name Dennis Bergkamp to me. I grinded the hell out of it, and got the 93, but I know I'll never use him. So he'll go straight in to an SBC

Team is looking good. I could do with improving my right hand side, but there's nobody I want/can afford.

I've really enjoyed seeing Roy Keane doing non Roy Keane things, like griddy and Rabona

Ted Lasso

NEVER mention the name Dennis Bergkamp to me. I grinded the hell out of it, and got the 93, but I know I'll never use him. So he'll go straight in to an SBC

Team is looking good. I could do with improving my right hand side, but there's nobody I want/can afford.

I've really enjoyed seeing Roy Keane doing non Roy Keane things, like griddy and Rabona

Keane is phenomenal isn't he. Might be my favorite SBC of the year.

Grinding out Bergkemp now. His 92 will be going into my last squad for TOTY Pires.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Keane is phenomenal isn't he. Might be my favorite SBC of the year.

Grinding out Bergkemp now. His 92 will be going into my last squad for TOTY Pires.
Keane and Gattuso are big bullies. I’ve done Pires too. Dropped my Chem to 32 because I dont have enough premier players now. But still doing ok.

pulled the 92 Titan Lahm out of a preview pack too. But he’s not as good as Emerson. Tradeable though so I can always pawn him.

Ted Lasso

Keane and Gattuso are big bullies. I’ve done Pires too. Dropped my Chem to 32 because I dont have enough premier players now. But still doing ok.

pulled the 92 Titan Lahm out of a preview pack too. But he’s not as good as Emerson. Tradeable though so I can always pawn him.
I've played at 28 chem for most of the game and it didn't seem to be much of an issue. Only just recently pulled flashback Ronaldo out of the team for Prime Ronaldinho who I managed to get in the last icon pick (non swap).

I also love the prime Vidic you're using. I did his SBC for nostalgia but he's been much better than I expected. Put gold VVD into an SbC because of him.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
10-10 in my second weekend league. Feared the worst after starting 0-6. Then everything just clicked, or my internet got better. That and I dropped Lahm and returned Emerson to the lineup.

Frank White

Just jumped back on for some pre TOTS games and WL and honestly wasn't that bad got the obligatory 11 wins and dipped with a full icon team. Officially given up on the United P&P because I realised I was just shoehorning players in that i really don't care about because the big icons are out of my price range.

Last edited:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Just jumped back on for some pre TOTS games and WL and honestly wasn't that bad got the obligatory 11 wins and dipped with a full icon team. Officially given up on the United P&P because I realised I was just shoehorning players in that i really don't care about because the big icons are out of my price range.
beautiful team