Gaming FIFA 23

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
WC Blanc is the best CB iv'e used he's about 400k would be your whole budget but he's worth it. Are you decent at SBC's? Ramos is class too but pretty expensive. Not used him but heard really good things about WC Moore too, has all the right attributes and he's alot cheaper then the other two.
Going to give that Moore card a go, looks solid.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty underwhelmed with prime Rooney tbh. Easily my weak point. Have just 1 token away from getting mid Best, so I could place him at CAM. Have 600k or so right now, weak points are LB (gold Mendy), RB (gold Walker), and then I could do something at RW or CAM (depending of where I put Best), and just leave Rooney as a sub.

So between the cheap options of Cafu/Roberto Carlos at either RB or LB, getting baby Garrincha in at RW and putting Best at CAM, or getting a duo of Lahm and Zambrotta to be the fullbacks and replace both? Or save up a bit more and go for the cheapest version of Ronaldinho/wait for him to get a bit cheaper as the 10.

On the other hand, TOTY version of Pirlo is so fun to use. Perfect technique.

bosnian_red

:drool: :drool:

Next is upgrading on Mendy and Walker.. probably the best team I've ever had on FUT and this is one of the least I've ever played it.

Frank White

Lovely team. I know your defence has meta players but looking at it reminds me of the horse picture meme. That special Dalot and any version of Theo would be decent.

AaronRedDevil

Best in kinda shit. 9 WL games left. I'm very confident I won't win more than 2. Ive gotten robbed so many fecking games it's infuriating. I just wish being good mattered in this game. Just cutbacks, rebounds, intercepting every sinle pass without even trying. Nothing goes your way.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just packed that musiala future stars was expecting a 200k or something then checked his price and was blown away.

Not complaining though after a huge dry spell of not packing anyone.

bosnian_red

Lovely team. I know your defence has meta players but looking at it reminds me of the horse picture meme. That special Dalot and any version of Theo would be decent.
100% that horse meme. Kalulu the only one there who isn't some basic guy, got him untradeable so he replaced Ledley King (untradeable) though he wasn't bad. My midfield and attack is all untradeables bar Casemiro, so I could upgrade him with his world cup car for more pace I guess.

Is Hernandez better than Mendy in the game? How does he compare to maybe Lahm or Zambrotta (their cheaper versions)?

Frank White

100% that horse meme. Kalulu the only one there who isn't some basic guy, got him untradeable so he replaced Ledley King (untradeable) though he wasn't bad. My midfield and attack is all untradeables bar Casemiro, so I could upgrade him with his world cup car for more pace I guess.

Is Hernandez better than Mendy in the game? How does he compare to maybe Lahm or Zambrotta (their cheaper versions)?
Honestly Mendy is by far the best LB iv'e used for price to ability ratio. Will say Maldini as just a stay back LB has impressed me but does have his moments when the oppo goes all out, high press his dribbling lets him down a bit.

Zambrotta is always solid but haven't used either so can't comment RB options outside of Hakimi aren't the best. The 88 Dalot card looks class though and he's relatively cheap, fits your team nicely too and it's another United player.

Frank White

Just packed that musiala future stars was expecting a 200k or something then checked his price and was blown away.

Not complaining though after a huge dry spell of not packing anyone.
Tradeable? if yes get him sold, no idea why that card is that price.

Ted Lasso

:drool: :drool:

Next is upgrading on Mendy and Walker.. probably the best team I've ever had on FUT and this is one of the least I've ever played it.
Please please do upgrade them. Mendy isn't even on full chem so you've got plenty of options. There's a future stars malacia coming that would fit nicely.

How's Radford?

That's a hilarious meme and I've usually associated it with game of thrones but Bosnian comes close after that beaut up top leads to mendy

bosnian_red

Please please do upgrade them. Mendy isn't even on full chem so you've got plenty of options. There's a future stars malacia coming that would fit nicely.

How's Radford?

That's a hilarious meme and I've usually associated it with game of thrones but Bosnian comes close after that beaut up top leads to mendy
Honestly if Mendy felt like a weakness I would have replaced him, but having an untradeable 83 play like him every game just makes me ignore it. It's funny how broken the card is. Now that the attack and midfield is pretty much "completed" though, time to work on the fullbacks...

Rashford is great. Plays better than his stats. One of those that have a specific body type unique to the player so he's fast as feck, great dribbling.

dannyrhinos89

How's Radford?

Is there? thats a game changer for me I'm needing a top quality LB.

dannyrhinos89

Will be tonight in the mini release. Hoping to pull him in the 85x10 been using the Timbers and they're both class and I'm in need of a LB so win/win.
nice, I usually try get any special card that’s a United player but he would fit my team very well.

Ted Lasso

Honestly if Mendy felt like a weakness I would have replaced him, but having an untradeable 83 play like him every game just makes me ignore it. It's funny how broken the card is. Now that the attack and midfield is pretty much "completed" though, time to work on the fullbacks...

Rashford is great. Plays better than his stats. One of those that have a specific body type unique to the player so he's fast as feck, great dribbling.
You're not wrong at all. I packed baby Roberto Carlos in my first icon SBC. Then packed IF Theo. I could tell why Theo is more "meta" but didn't feel like I lost a lot w Carlos. And then packed Mendy a while later. Tried him out and it's actually kind of sickening how good he is. Clear above Theo and honestly better than Carlos in all the ways that matter in this game except for crossing and shooting.

Usually bring Mendy on as a sub now.

I'm running low on fodder but tempted w Rashford to help get Kane on better chem. Flashback Ronaldo is my current LW and a hard one to displace. Neither di maria nor Mane SBCs have been able to

bosnian_red

You're not wrong at all. I packed baby Roberto Carlos in my first icon SBC. Then packed IF Theo. I could tell why Theo is more "meta" but didn't feel like I lost a lot w Carlos. And then packed Mendy a while later. Tried him out and it's actually kind of sickening how good he is. Clear above Theo and honestly better than Carlos in all the ways that matter in this game except for crossing and shooting.

Usually bring Mendy on as a sub now.

I'm running low on fodder but tempted w Rashford to help get Kane on better chem. Flashback Ronaldo is my current LW and a hard one to displace. Neither di maria nor Mane SBCs have been able to
Yeah the only fullback who I've been wowed with so far was Cafu during a draft. Capdevilla felt meh, never tried Roberto Carlos... Mendy always just feels faster than any attacker and very agile (and 5 star weak foot).

dannyrhinos89

Don't miss out on the Phil Jones flashback within the Smalling flashback SBC :lol:
already done it mate, smalling is brilliant in game And in my main team. Phil jones is just in my club and probably won’t see the pitch much like real life I guess :lol:

Ted Lasso

Yeah the only fullback who I've been wowed with so far was Cafu during a draft. Capdevilla felt meh, never tried Roberto Carlos... Mendy always just feels faster than any attacker and very agile (and 5 star weak foot).
Chose Cafu for the WC picks. Irreplaceable.

Also, expecting an 89+ prime icon pick SBC soon. Can you blow some Brazilian luck my way ?

bosnian_red

Chose Cafu for the WC picks. Irreplaceable.

Also, expecting an 89+ prime icon pick SBC soon. Can you blow some Brazilian luck my way ?
Unfortunately I dropped fut in about late October or whenever god of war came out (I remember I got that one dzeko card with pace when he was 130k...) and then picked it up during the daily login sbcs during the toty. So completely missed all the world Cup stuff. Was Cafu easy to get? Shame

Ted Lasso

Unfortunately I dropped fut in about late October or whenever god of war came out (I remember I got that one dzeko card with pace when he was 130k...) and then picked it up during the daily login sbcs during the toty. So completely missed all the world Cup stuff. Was Cafu easy to get? Shame
It was a grind! I think 30 tokens vs 40 for Vieira. I'm basically tapped out on Fifa from all that. Much like you, best team I've ever had in the game. But also just too much time and stress around it. I really need to stick to single player games hah

Frank White

Had a dupe Oblak so did the icon pack and got WC Figo. Looks like a slight upgrade on Kaka but he's been class for me recently. Well worth a run out but was hoping for one of the big guns to finally replace Mbappe. I keep having to talk myself out of doing POTM Mbappe really wished they would have gave him better upgrades cannot justify the slight upgrade over the untradable gold card i have.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Had a dupe Oblak so did the icon pack and got WC Figo. Looks like a slight upgrade on Kaka but he's been class for me recently. Well worth a run out but was hoping for one of the big guns to finally replace Mbappe. I keep having to talk myself out of doing POTM Mbappe really wished they would have gave him better upgrades cannot justify the slight upgrade over the untradable gold card i have.
Yeah absolutely he's not worth upgrading the gold card if you have it untradeable.

I got fecking Laudrup for the second time, sigh

dannyrhinos89

Just grinded that 50 squads for the nuno card, it cost me about 300k in total but I got an absolute ton of high rated cards back from the 82 picks that come with it plus I got 3 future stars players too. (Nketiah, carvalho, fagioli.).

All in all I'd say its just about worth it for me.

Frank White

Yeah absolutely he's not worth upgrading the gold card if you have it untradeable.

I got fecking Laudrup for the second time, sigh
I know but dynamic image>non image.....

Unlucky 2x times too ughh that's rough. Sucks the fun out of the game that they stagger the release of the icons imo using them is probably the best part of the game.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I know but dynamic image>non image.....

Unlucky 2x times too ughh that's rough. Sucks the fun out of the game that they stagger the release of the icons imo using them is probably the best part of the game.
For better or worse I'd already dumped him back into the SBC! Glad to not have the duplicate but seeing the Danish flag again was a fecking bummer hah

Frank White

Just grinded that 50 squads for the nuno card, it cost me about 300k in total but I got an absolute ton of high rated cards back from the 82 picks that come with it plus I got 3 future stars players too. (Nketiah, carvalho, fagioli.).

All in all I'd say its just about worth it for me.
Iv'e completed it 22 times and down about 30k with a Neymar and about 7 86+ from it. In no rush to do it but want at least the 86 by Tuesday for qualifiers. Doing the premium league sbc selling anything of value and anything untradeable 82-84 gets put into Nuno.

Frank White

For better or worse I'd already dumped him back into the SBC! Glad to not have the duplicate but seeing the Danish flag again was a fecking bummer hah
I have just come to the conclusion that i'm going to get shafted by these gamble sbc's so anything mildly usable is a win in my books. Luckily enough that Figo gets into my team so can't complain.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I have just come to the conclusion that i'm going to get shafted by these gamble sbc's so anything mildly usable is a win in my books. Luckily enough that Figo gets into my team so can't complain.
To be fair I did get WC Eusebio earlier - so I'm definitely playing with house money as he's an absolute demon.

dannyrhinos89

Iv'e completed it 22 times and down about 30k with a Neymar and about 7 86+ from it. In no rush to do it but want at least the 86 by Tuesday for qualifiers. Doing the premium league sbc selling anything of value and anything untradeable 82-84 gets put into Nuno.
I just did it to get it done and forget about it. He’s in my team linked to Bailey and Fofana, his 86 was fantastic so I can only imagine his 88 is one of the best LB in the game, I don’t understand why it got so much hate in the community, I’d love EA to do more things like this.

if you look at the face of it people think it’s an 88 rated card that costs 300k while that is the reality you get an absolute ton of high rated cards back from the packs and you get 3 versions of the card Itself. Big W from EA for once.

I played them both in a random squad battle. No word of a lie but Phil got injured within 10 mins of kick off
who’s says fifa isn’t realistic.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What is the best combination to spend your FS tokens on? I've only missed one so far, so expecting to have 29 at the end (assuming they release 30).

I've been eyeing up Best, but i'm tempted by the multi player packs

Frank White

What is the best combination to spend your FS tokens on? I've only missed one so far, so expecting to have 29 at the end (assuming they release 30).

Have you got your eyes on any SBC's or are interested in any of these promo players? If yes then the fodder packs should be it, personally went with the 84x20 and 85x10 will save the latter for the next promo think it's RTTF so hopefully some decent cards.

Heard mixed reviews on Best and the 87+ pp again has been really hit or miss from what iv'e seen. You could get both fodder packs and the team 1 pack for 28 tokens.

Ted Lasso

To be fair I did get WC Eusebio earlier - so I'm definitely playing with house money as he's an absolute demon.
Think it's in waves. Had a real good wave with the baby icon sbcs, then poor run then prime Maldini. But since then it's been another bad run, with Trezeguet out of the latest.

Need to convince myself not to try it again when it refreshes

bosnian_red

I got Best (stats wise looks great and can play anywhere across the attack), and then whatever I have left I'll see. Probably just do a future stars player for 3 and then if I get another 2, get the first swaps pack (81+ x11)