Gaming FIFA 23

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
spent a couple of hours last night doing the trophy crafting achievement.

100 squads submitted, had to buy a few of the provision packs to get enough common golds.

verdict, largely a waste of time, effort and coins. Pulled pretty much nothing spectacular. Lots of high rated fodder, so was able to complete the Carlos Alberto SBC. Will see how he fits in my team. Nice to have a pacey CB though

Eddy_JukeZ

I could make the longest rant on how bad this game is on so many levels :lol:

Criminal stuff going on in some of the games I play

Ted Lasso

Decided to splurge on the last FIFA and what will also be my last in the EA cycle and have to say it was finally worth the FIFA points thanks to some ridiculous luck with SBC and pulls. I also did my fair share of grinding.

Entire Team is 1st Owner
Starting XI

Bench

Reserves

Honorable mention to Baby Cantona who I reluctantly put into my last SBC.

Frank White

@Ted Lasso lovely team. Are you giving it a run out in WL or is that you done for the year? Just finished mine and got 95 Baresi from the 85x3 pack he looks ridiculous.

Ted Lasso

@Ted Lasso lovely team. Are you giving it a run out in WL or is that you done for the year? Just finished mine and got 95 Baresi from the 85x3 pack he looks ridiculous.
Thank you! Was inspired to share after your own brilliant Icon team. Not sure if it's the nostalgia or what, but I can't get away from the icons and I've absolutely loved the juiced versions of players that have been harder to use before, like Keane.

And yup hoping to do WL if I can find a comfortable way to play! Wife and I just welcomed our first into the world - a baby girl - couple weeks ago :) It was easy to grind some squad battles for the Lampard and Bergkemp objectives while she napped but I'm not so sure about playing online with her in my lap!

Frank White

Thank you! Was inspired to share after your own brilliant Icon team. Not sure if it's the nostalgia or what, but I can't get away from the icons and I've absolutely loved the juiced versions of players that have been harder to use before, like Keane.

And yup hoping to do WL if I can find a comfortable way to play! Wife and I just welcomed our first into the world - a baby girl - couple weeks ago :) It was easy to grind some squad battles for the Lampard and Bergkemp objectives while she napped but I'm not so sure about playing online with her in my lap!
Congratulations. Icons are the only thing that interest me tbh, would like for them to put out good ones be alas. It's a shame that they did away with the generations tab on fifa used to love looking over all my old squads. btw Keane is monster never thought i would drop Makelele but him,93 Lahm and Lothar are just hoovers any 2nd ball and it's mine.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Congratulations! Having been through that twice, you can play online so long as you have a quick trigger to leave a match at a moment's notice regardless of the score I've found.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Decided to splurge on the last FIFA and what will also be my last in the EA cycle and have to say it was finally worth the FIFA points thanks to some ridiculous luck with SBC and pulls. I also did my fair share of grinding.

Honorable mention to Baby Cantona who I reluctantly put into my last SBC.
Nice looking team mate, how does it play? I felt like the game has been really muddy this week, players with heavy legs, even the ball doesn't move the same.

Managed to get a full icon team now (if you include the trophy titan juniors). In the end I had to buy Casillas with coins, as I've not seen a single Icon keeper in any of my packs. Rest of the team are a lot of SBC players. Only one I pulled out of any packs was not quite as good TT Lahm

Subs

Reserves

It's the first time I've really done anything with UT. I've enjoyed it, but I've sunk a stupid amount of time in to it.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
My icon team, all untradeable except Best. Just need a CB and I’m sorted - will probably get Rio back when I’ve sold some stuff.

Ted Lasso

Congratulations! Having been through that twice, you can play online so long as you have a quick trigger to leave a match at a moment's notice regardless of the score I've found.
Thank you! Haha I think I do. I'm not nearly good enough to be too worried about my record or anything like that. Probably the right time to transition back to single player solo games anyway. Hogwarts Legacy a callin...does that count as story time?

Ted Lasso

Nice looking team mate, how does it play? I felt like the game has been really muddy this week, players with heavy legs, even the ball doesn't move the same.

Managed to get a full icon team now (if you include the trophy titan juniors). In the end I had to buy Casillas with coins, as I've not seen a single Icon keeper in any of my packs. Rest of the team are a lot of SBC players. Only one I pulled out of any packs was not quite as good TT Lahm

Subs

Reserves

It's the first time I've really done anything with UT. I've enjoyed it, but I've sunk a stupid amount of time in to it.
It's been playing brilliantly. The formation is also great for a midfield heavy team - the LM and RM naturally tuck in a lot so I find Garrincha and Pires in a more central location with Zizou and Dinho going wide which suits their strengths better. Also love 5 star Shearer. I packed his Prime in an SBC and actually enjoyed him but put him back into SBCs because he was just a bit limited. This Bday one fills all the gaps. Nice to see you went with him too!

Your team looks fantastic. Have you used Vidic much? He's been great from me and actually thinking of putting him back in over Koeman to start. I could see you moving Capita to RB and bringing Vida in depending on your style. Desperately wish I could have gotten TOTY Vidic in my last icon SBC.

LARulz

What's the general consensus for which game people will go for next year? I've read nothing about what the options will be but I'm guessing there'll be an EA game and a FIFA? EA won't have licences will they, so not sure how ultimate team will work
The only license they lost was the name of FIFA, the leagues, clubs and players etc. are a different deal I think

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
What's the general consensus for which game people will go for next year? I've read nothing about what the options will be but I'm guessing there'll be an EA game and a FIFA? EA won't have licences will they, so not sure how ultimate team will work
They can purchase the licences, of teams/leagues/competitions etc just not be called FIFA i think.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im in the minority in only really want to play the offline career mode versions. I love trying to take an English Div 2 side up the leagues etc so will be going for which ever game does that the best. I have a bad feeling neither will though.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The only license they lost was the name of FIFA, the leagues, clubs and players etc. are a different deal I think
They can purchase the licences, of teams/leagues/competitions etc just not be called FIFA i think.
Ah interesting, I thought they'd end up with something like PES with FIFA 23 gameplay.

That makes the decision even worse. I want to play what the majority play and don't want to buy two games to just commit to one :lol: It'll be interesting to see what they both offer but I might suit out the first week or so to hear feedback from casual players like myself.

Im in the minority in only really want to play the offline career mode versions. I love trying to take an English Div 2 side up the leagues etc so will be going for which ever game does that the best. I have a bad feeling neither will though.
Yeah you know the first year of competition between these two will be who delivers the best UT, unfortunately for you. I expect offline and career will be even more neglected than ever next season.

LARulz

Ah interesting, I thought they'd end up with something like PES with FIFA 23 gameplay.

That makes the decision even worse. I want to play what the majority play and don't want to buy two games to just commit to one :lol: It'll be interesting to see what they both offer but I might suit out the first week or so to hear feedback from casual players like myself.
I don't think FIFA have a game themselves, could be wrong. EA just paid to use their name

It's FIFA who have lost our the most here. (As far as I am aware) They have no game and EA's new game will be referred to FIFA still due to habit for a while - so they get no money and still their name gets used

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Your team looks fantastic. Have you used Vidic much? He's been great from me and actually thinking of putting him back in over Koeman to start. I could see you moving Capita to RB and bringing Vida in depending on your style. Desperately wish I could have gotten TOTY Vidic in my last icon SBC.
271 games he’s proper solid. Lahm isn’t my cup of tea tbh. So you might have made a good shout there.

I’ve been after toty Vidic and Beckham, but I’ve never got lucky enough or have enough coins.

let’s see what the tots daily login brings. I think if you do them all you get a pack with a guaranteed tots player

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't think FIFA have a game themselves, could be wrong. EA just paid to use their name

It's FIFA who have lost our the most here. (As far as I am aware) They have no game and EA's new game will be referred to FIFA still due to habit for a while - so they get no money and still their name gets used
I was under the impression they partnered with another developer for the next few games already.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Got prime Torres and prime Eto'o from the SBC's.

Prime torres will have no use, Eto'o will have to fit into my team. I love lean forwards.

Had 19 wins in WL for two weeks in a row, happy with that.

Got nothing out of the packs though.

It is crazy to see the teams people have at this stage already, TOTS will barely improve some.

Frank White

That Tammy card looks mental. Just created my team for the new tourny was going with icons but you need 18 apparently and only have 14. Went with Ligue 1 but might go with Serie A to try that card out.

Ted Lasso

@Frank White @TheMagicFoolBus WL/champs with a baby update - decided to start it late Saturday after my wife went to bed. Had the baby on my lap sleeping peacefully. Wound up playing about 14/15 games without her fussing or waking and got to bed around 2a... I was stone cold asleep for one of the diaper changes soon after (I'm in charge of that during the night while my wife does the feeding). And then I was struggling the next couple times I had to get up. Needless to say my wife was not happy with me. After many hours of being in the doghouse peace has been made, which included me deleting FIFA.

That's a wrap for me then!

Frank White

@Frank White @TheMagicFoolBus WL/champs with a baby update - decided to start it late Saturday after my wife went to bed. Had the baby on my lap sleeping peacefully. Wound up playing about 14/15 games without her fussing or waking and got to bed around 2a... I was stone cold asleep for one of the diaper changes soon after (I'm in charge of that during the night while my wife does the feeding). And then I was struggling the next couple times I had to get up. Needless to say my wife was not happy with me. After many hours of being in the doghouse peace has been made, which included me deleting FIFA.

I don't blame you mate. Think it's my last fifa, well EAFC or whatever the time sink is ridiculous for a game that honestly I could live without.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Ah well, can't blame you for giving it a go! Glad to hear you have your priorities straight and congratulations again :angel:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
That Tammy card looks mental. Just created my team for the new tourny was going with icons but you need 18 apparently and only have 14. Went with Ligue 1 but might go with Serie A to try that card out.
A dream come true for me, that card. He's unstoppable!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Unless I'm being dopey where is the prime bronze and silver sbcs required for mitoma?

Skizzo

Unless I'm being dopey where is the prime bronze and silver sbcs required for mitoma?
go under the live section for the SBC’s and they’re towards the end of the scroll.

the xp from doing those got me the 10x 85+ player pack which packed TOTS versions of Harry Kane, Odegaard and Reece James. Was pretty happy since I never pack anything half decent.

IrishRick

go under the live section for the SBC’s and they’re towards the end of the scroll.

the xp from doing those got me the 10x 85+ player pack which packed TOTS versions of Harry Kane, Odegaard and Reece James. Was pretty happy since I never pack anything half decent.
I must be a dope, I can find those but can't find the Premium Premier League Upgrade one. Any help would be well appreciated?

Frank White

I must be a dope, I can find those but can't find the Premium Premier League Upgrade one. Any help would be well appreciated?
Don't think they've been released yet, will probably be Monday when the upgrades are usually released.

Ted Lasso

F me...just got TOTS De Bruyne and Kane in the 85+ x10 pack which I reluctantly chose instead of Payet. Haven't been playing but have been doing some SBCs with fodder collecting XP and opening the packs. Would have gone for Payet if I were playing since his WW card was so good.

Think there's truth to getting better pack luck when you haven't been playing

Meller

F me...just got TOTS De Bruyne and Kane in the 85+ x10 pack which I reluctantly chose instead of Payet. Haven't been playing but have been doing some SBCs with fodder collecting XP and opening the packs. Would have gone for Payet if I were playing since his WW card was so good.

I haven't played for a month but still do some SBCs and I haven't packed anything so I'll debunk that theory.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

My best two were normal gold Navas and Kane ffs :lol:

Ted Lasso

I haven't played for a month but still do some SBCs and I haven't packed anything so I'll debunk that theory.
Fair enough, definitely inconsistent then.

My best two were normal gold Navas and Kane ffs :lol:
Oof. I typically don't go for the pack gambles on these for that very reason. Only did it because I literally can't play and just wanted more players for SBCs...seems about right for how things usually work out.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

surely it makes more sense to have them in upgrades but got them cheers.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Currently 14-1 in Fut Champs, if I don't get rank 3 at least, Fifa is a scam and I'm gonna have a melt down.

Need 4 from 5 for rank 2
Need 5 from 5 for rank 1.

Every game is super tight right now.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Currently 14-1 in Fut Champs, if I don't get rank 3 at least, Fifa is a scam and I'm gonna have a melt down.

Need 4 from 5 for rank 2
Need 5 from 5 for rank 1.

Every game is super tight right now.
How did this end up? What team are you using?