FIFA being tone deaf dickheads yet again

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The other ton deaf part but not as significant as the womens rights issues is the fact they have chosen one countries tourism board as a sponsor while the WWC is held in 2 other countries.....

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Stupid decision by FIFA, when you consider the countries view on women. No chance they should have been considered as a sponsor for the women's world cup.

Even putting aside the human/women's right issues associated, its a dumb idea for FIFA to use another country as a sponsor for a world cup that isn't held there. They should be advertising the country that is actually hosting it, not some country on the other side of the world that has nothing to do with the tournament.

edcunited1878

FIFA just FIFAing.

The barrier to enter was Newcastle. Then it was rumors about a United investment or potential takeover, but they still need to build out their sportwashing portfolio like Qatar.

More to come from SA and FIFA

Oranges038

FIFA just FIFAing.

The barrier to enter was Newcastle. Then it was rumors about a United investment or potential takeover, but they still need to build out their sportwashing portfolio like Qatar.

More to come from SA and FIFA
Women's world cup Saudi Arabia 2031.

It's coming.

mctrials23

They just got away with a WC in Qatar. I don't think they are overly scared of football fans backlash.

damoley

They just got away with a WC in Qatar. I don't think they are overly scared of football fans backlash.
They did this after they released the tickets for sale, pretty major dick move. Can’t imagine our govt or the Aussies are overly impressed, also probably nothing they can actually do

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
FIFA are crooks, we know that. Whoever pays the most and offers them the biggest bribes win - we've seen that with Qatar.

It's almost common knowledge they're going to give the Saudi's the 2030 world cup.

BerryBerryShrew

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone more corrupt than Sepp Blatter but when FIFA did, they announced him as Blatter's successor.

Von Mistelroum

Wait a minute, you're telling me that Saudi Arabia isn't the "progressive, glorious Kingdom" that WWE has been telling me it is for all these years?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That would be as bad of a fit as an ethic commission in the FIFA.

I’m loving my life

FFS They just want money and that is it.

The IOC and FIFA are in the position where they can never be challenged.

They are above the law. Could another body ever take control of the sport?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why would the Saudi’s want that when you consider their views on women? Progress in their sport washing no doubt.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Infantino doing Infantino things.

Let's wait for him to say that nobody can complain about Saudi misogynya cause we all descend from cavemen, and cavemen used to beat their women all the time.

Arlo

They've also announced that "Gimme The Loot" is the official song for the tournament

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can’t we just overthrow fifa? It’s obvious they’re run by corrupt twats.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
In similar news, Afghanistan are now preparing a bid to host the Women's U/20s World Cup in 2024. You couldn't make this up.

But I could.

Get In Scholesy

Infantino doing Infantino things.

Let's wait for him to say that nobody can complain about Saudi misogynya cause we all descend from cavemen, and cavemen used to beat their women all the time.
“This sponsorship deal only moves to pay homage to Australia’s great history as a nation built by convicts and other criminals.” - Infantino speaking at a Freckles Awareness event, probably

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The very worst thing about Infantino is that he knows his job is safe, unless he gets arrested for corruption. All this side hustling in broad daylight.. these guys are going to vote to keep him in.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Look, if anyone can relate to the Saudi women, its Gianni! Remember the 'freckles and ginger hair' speech? I sure do, it moved me to tears!