FIFA being tone deaf dickheads yet again

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I also saw he announced that women should choose their battles or something. And mentioned he had daughters. Not quite the redhead rant, but he's incredibly disconnected from the real world.

Tyrion

Quick update on FIFA's cringe machine:

Infantino said: “And I say to all the women, and you know I have four daughters, so I have a few at home, I say to all the women that you have the power to change. Pick the right battles. Pick the right fights. You have the power to change. You have the power to convince us men what we have to do and what we don’t have to do. You do it. Just do it. With men, with Fifa, you will find open doors. Just push the doors. They are open.”
:lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-to-pick-the-right-battles-in-equal-pay-fight

Plastic Evra

I think I heard a fair few times about picking your battles at work, rub me the wrong way and I'm not even a women.

Also the doors are open. But you will have to push them with strength. But choose which door to push. :houllier:

Grande

If you are FIFAs director and has to be pushed (like a door!?) to do the right things, instead of just doing them - then somebody should maybe unhinge that particular door?

ROFLUTION

We need the media: there are many journalists here as well to play their role, to push back home as well because it cannot be possible
that there were, I don’t know, 39 Italian journalists in Qatar [at the FIFA World Cup] where Italy did not qualify and zero in New Zealand and Australia where Italy qualified! It cannot be that there were over 30 Danish or Swiss journalists in Qatar and less than ten – even less than five – here, in Australia and New Zealand! We have to start treating men and women – or women and men – in the same way.
This quote is also quite rich from him too. To expect the same amount of journalists for an event that is not the same size as the Qatar World Cup (wonder why a lot of journos turned up at Qatar, right Gianni?)