FIFA U-20 World Cup 2015

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Tino Casali. The Austrian keeper. Looks impressive throughout the Argentina match. Anyone has more information on him?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Ukraine U20 beat USA U20 3-0, all the goals from Victor Kovalenko who is a massive talent.

Ukraine have some really good players coming through, Shaktar U19's looked a good side in the U19 CL two years ago.

jb8521

Ukraine U20 beat USA U20 3-0, all the goals from Victor Kovalenko who is a massive talent.

Ukraine have some really good players coming through, Shaktar U19's looked a good side in the U19 CL two years ago.
Shakhtar got to the final this year as well where they were beaten 3-2 by Chelsea, Kovalenko was very impressive in that as well

R'hllor

Great free kick by Zivkovic 2:0 even Mexico looked better after conceding.

R'hllor

Great game for Sergej Milinkovic Savic,older brother of Vanja,height wise they are similar. I must say it was funny to watch him as no10,with his height he looked so out of place there.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Argentina already knocked off, 2 draws 1 loss. They considered themselves favorites

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I'm thinking of going for an 8 team acca on the quarter finalists.

Ghana
Serbia
Colombia
Ukraine
Austria
Germany
Portugal
Brazil

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Awful weather here in NZ for todays games, windy, freezing and pouring rain, a few of these teams are going to really hate these conditions.

R'hllor

I wish only once to see seniors to play and fight like those under20 vs Hungary this morning...that wish never gonna be granted till i die,cnuts. Think Serbia deserved to go through,looked better during most part of game and even with 10 man during whole extra time,they looked and were better then Hungary.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm thinking of going for an 8 team acca on the quarter finalists.

Ghana
Serbia
Colombia
Ukraine

Austria
Germany
Portugal
Brazil
I hope you didn't... surprised at the Ghana result, they were flying in the group stages. Ukraine v Senegal into extra time. 1-1 at the moment.

Last edited:

steve zizou

So @steve zizou so far has predicted 25% correctly. That's Lawro standard predicting!
I hope you didn't... surprised at the Ghana result, they were flying in the group stages. Ukraine v Senegal into extra time. 1-1 at the moment.
:lol: I did but I had 4 different bets. I was on a roll actually. I had on one slip, Mali to win, Serbia to draw, USA win and Senegal win. I forgot that they only took 90min result so that fecked things up. I was down to win about £1300+ from a £1 bet.
I'll try again in the next round.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
How good is Serbia? The US game was at 330am this morning so I certainly didn't watch.

ctp

Germany 1-0 Nigeria (half time)

Really strong performance so far, dominant on the ball, creating chances, not allowing them many opportunities for counterattacks. Stendera and Öztunali the outstanding performers.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Perreira's long shot goes wide

Perreira FK goes over

Last edited:

ctp

Brazil v Uruguay goes to penalties. 0-0 after 120 minutes.

Minkaro

Peirrera looked really good for Brazil. Surprised he was only a sub, is he usually on the bench for them?

The penalty from the captain was fantastic, right in the top corner, looked so calm when he took it.

ctp

Quarter finals (Sunday, 14.06., 03.00/06.30 CEST)
Mali v Germany
Brazil v Portugal
Uzbekistan v Senegal
USA v Serbia

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Peirrera looked really good for Brazil. Surprised he was only a sub, is he usually on the bench for them?
IIRC, he started the earlier games but as of recent has been coming on from half time onwards. Still getting minutes and seems to be one of their best players.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
IIRC, he started the earlier games but as of recent has been coming on from half time onwards. Still getting minutes and seems to be one of their best players.
May as well clarify we had it pretty much under control the first half and it was in the second that we struggled.

Such a shame, our record with them now reads 2-0/0-0/0-0. They've never managed to score against us, but our midfielders have also stopped scoring :(

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It was weird to see Brazil finish so well in the shootout, some lovely taken penalties. Thought despite dominating they were poor in the finishing department in the 90 minutes but got slightly better as Pereira came on.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It was weird to see Brazil finish so well in the shootout, some lovely taken penalties. Thought despite dominating they were poor in the finishing department in the 90 minutes but got slightly better as Pereira came on.
Really? Best penalty takers after the Germans IMO. Technically the best, it's holding their nerve were they can -rarely- mess it up.

I never ever ever ever expect to win a shootout against Brazil. That's the problem with the 0-0 strategy some are suggesting could work wonders in Copa América: you are as likely to jam the penos as you are to nick a goal over the game.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Really? Best penalty takers after the Germans IMO. Technically the best, it's holding their nerve were they can -rarely- mess it up.

I never ever ever ever expect to win a shootout against Brazil. That's the problem with the 0-0 strategy some are suggesting could work wonders in Copa América: you are as likely to jam the penos as you are to nick a goal over the game.
Yeah they were wonderful, I phrased that badly, what I meant was after seeing 120 minutes and around 40 shots which weren't converted (including quite a few easy chances not taken for Brazil). They some how turned on the style and took some delightful pens.

vk20legend

Haven't been catching the tournament.. Can someone maybe list some of the talents that caught their eye that maybe we should try to sign as a prospect for United?!

Apart from Perriera and Zivkovic.. Thanks

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
That challenge on Judivan was brutal. 7 months out for him now, that's why some players don't like to play these U20 championshiips. Feel bad for the kid, really talented.

steve zizou

That challenge on Judivan was brutal. 7 months out for him now, that's why some players don't like to play these U20 championshiips. Feel bad for the kid, really talented.
It's not like the U-20 has a reputation for this kind of thing. Bad injures/tackles can happen at any level of football at anytime.