Fifa World XI

Cristiano_RAFC

Some players always seem to be in these lists by default. Now watch Gerrard and Lampard appear on the midfielders list and Torres on the strikers list.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Neuer

Lahm Hummels Ramos Alba

Edit: Forgot about Hummels. Chiellini is immense but I watch a lot more Bundesliga.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Kompany has been so poor this season that he doesn't deserve to be chosen. Not if this is chosen by calendar year. Not seen a single good performance from him. Evident by them keeping 4 clean sheets in 19 games despite often playing with 5 at the back and/or 2 defensive midfielders much of the time.
Shortlisted sure but he shouldn't make the final cut.

Casillas
Ivanovic - Thiago Silva - Hummels - Marcelo
Hmm maybe if it is calender year, I'd still probably have him.

Based on last season though he should certainly get in, I don't think there was a better defender in any league.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Kompany has been so poor this season that he doesn't deserve to be chosen. Not if this is chosen by calendar year. Not seen a single good performance from him. Evident by them keeping 4 clean sheets in 19 games despite often playing with 5 at the back and/or 2 defensive midfielders much of the time.
Shortlisted sure but he shouldn't make the final cut.

Casillas
Ivanovic - Thiago Silva - Hummels - Marcelo
He's not had the best start to the season but it's laughable to suggest he shouldn't be chosen. He was brilliant for the second half of last season, and it's bizarre you criticise his inclusion over the likes of Evra and Luiz, much less deserving to be there.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Terry? Rio? Luiz?
Rio alongside Kompany was probably best defender in Premiership last year
It's more stupid from you for even mentioning him alongside clown luiz and Terry who has been awfull last season.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's not had the best start to the season but it's laughable to suggest he shouldn't be chosen. He was brilliant for the second half of last season, and it's bizarre you criticise his inclusion over the likes of Evra and Luiz, much less deserving to be there.
I was talking about the pick, not the shortlist. Luiz and Evra had already been covered. No point in me reiterating what others are saying about Bale etc. I mentioned it because people felt he deserved to be there. I can't see it. He's been poor in every CL game. Not good in the league. I don't know how he's been doing for Belgium. Rio has been better this season. Pepe and Ramos have had a better calendar year as far as I've seen. Sure he's better than half the people on the list but he's not been the best or 2nd best defender this calendar year.
For what it's worth I also though he was much better in the mid of last season, December-January. That's around the time when he got hyped up as well, deservedly so.

Terry being there gotta be influenced by the CL. He's almost always good there. That's at least understandable to some degree since it's a global award thing. What do you on the international stage matters more.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I'm pretty sure positions don't matter on this do they? A lot of people are putting in a right and left back but I think its just the four best in total in defence

Dyslexic Untied

---------Neuer---------

Evra - Terry - Luiz - Bale

Pretty certain it will be this. Certainly should be.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So the full list is out and in the OP.

Gerrard is in the midfielders :lol:

I feel sorry for Falcao and RVP who surely deserve to be in it but will most likely miss out due to Messi and Ronaldo.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Silva shouldn't really be one of the midfielders IMO, he's there more for the achievements of the national side than a year of work on his own account.

Eto'o?

Despite the CL Gerrard likely has more stand-out performances to his name than Lampard.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
So the full list is out and in the OP.

Gerrard is in the midfielders :lol:

I feel sorry for Falcao and RVP who surely deserve to be in it but will most likely miss out due to Messi and Ronaldo.
Depends on the formation, will it be a traditional 4-4-2 or modified 4-3-3, or perhaps only three defenders so they can fit more attackers in the XI?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Should be Casillas, Alves, Ramos, Kompany, Alba, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Falcao, Ronaldo

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Neuer

Alves - Mascherano - Luiz - Bale

Gerrard - Lampard - Modric

Balotelli - Eto'o - Gomez​

Alves is only there because it's either him or Lahm. Modric because I had to pick 3 players up front.

Other than that, a great team!