Gaming FIFA15

Tyrion

Been playing it on my brothers PS4 after my friend lent me it. First time I've had am proper go of it on next gen. Have only played about 15 games on career, its a crock of shite so far!

I've found that benefiting from stupid, massively unrealistic collisions and ricochets to be a far far better way of creating chances than playing good football.

The defending system - which was the thing I was most looking forward to being improved - is still an absolute joke. The slide tackle has improved I think. However the stand tackle is still a completely useless and redundant feature.

AI is retarded both, your players and the CPU alike. The amount of times the ball breaks free on the edge of my oppositions box with one of my players nearby and they just fecking stand there. And the CPU just ballhog and always seem to score these totally unnatural looking goals. Wild spastic swipes at the ball that invariably go either arrowing into the top corner, or if its a cross straight into the path of an awkward, unnatural header.

Anyone feel my pain?
I know how you feel. I can't stand FIFA 15 on Xbox 1. Everything seems slower. It's like they set up teams of 20 brilliant game developers to make the corner flags move and to add in all this stuff you'll just angrily skip when you get tired of them (72 hours after you first saw it) and gave the job of improving the defenders (who suffer from fits every time the ball is passed), improving passing (which is crap in general) and everything else that makes you feel like you've a team of alcoholics who just want the final whistle to blow so they can crawl back into the dressing room to Barry the intern to fix on the Friday they all take off to prank call PES.

I'll only play it on the 360. I've deleted a UT season half way through so I can start again on the 360 because I can't stand playing it anymore on the XBox 1. That said, I barely play that. I normally play COD Advanced Warfare now. Every now and then, some upcoming big game will make me want to play a football game and I'll be suckered in again. 2 hours later, I'll say "screw it, I'd be better off playing top trumps". :mad:

I tried playing FIFA 09 or 10 a while back and it was great. I noticed that it was easy by comparison. The slower passing in the later years meant that when I went back to 10, I just played through every team on any difficulty. I swear this game gets a little worse every year. The trick is to use its many issues to your advantage better than anyone else.

Last edited:

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Yeah I think I'm done with this game. Its constant frustration with very little payoff. Most of my games on world class end 0-0, I came second in the league with like the fourth lowest goal tally! Poor effort, EA. Will be trying PES shortly

ThaReaper01

Yeah I think I'm done with this game. Its constant frustration with very little payoff. Most of my games on world class end 0-0, I came second in the league with like the fourth lowest goal tally! Poor effort, EA. Will be trying PES shortly
Oh thank god it's not just me. I've drawn something like 7 straight matches because the AI put everyone behind the ball and never venture out of their own half.

soap

Oh thank god it's not just me. I've drawn something like 7 straight matches because the AI put everyone behind the ball and never venture out of their own half.
Yeah they're not exactly susceptible to the counter attack to say the least :lol: Goalkeepers feel quite a bit too good also

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah World Class is a pain in the arse. I just did a season with United and any time I had a big game I set it to World Class whereas the rest were on Professional. The way they attack irritates me the most. So, so hard to get the ball back from them and if you dare slide tackle they just waltz round you. The way they work the ball from the wings into your box as well is so easy for them and feels so scripted. Got the hang of it in the end and won the treble but f*ck it's annoying sometimes.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
The non existence of player growth and the significant amount of bugs has pushed me back to FIFA 13.

Winrar

ffs. just had another game where I was battering the opposition with 10+ shots on target and lose 0-1 to their only shot.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Big bump here, thread seems kinda dead, but....

Any of you fine PS4 folks EASFC level 71 or above? Would appreciate a gift from the catalogue (Online Pro Black Gloves) and would be happy to give something in return.

soap

Haven't played the game on my own in about a month because I lost my temper rather badly at one particularly farcicle match. My neighbours probably think I'm a total nutjob now. Had some fun with co-op mode, probably because I've only played that a handful times!

As for career, has anyone noticed that your club's youth academy players are almost entirely slow as feck, yet other regen players are almost entirely fast as feck? Did get one really cool player come through, a CB who can also play CM, has all the attributes of a defender as well as a good shot, decent touch and 5* weak foot. Tried using him as a Fellaini type midfielder by setting his instructions to "get in the box for crosses". He doesn't listen. At all.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Big bump here, thread seems kinda dead, but....

Any of you fine PS4 folks EASFC level 71 or above? Would appreciate a gift from the catalogue (Online Pro Black Gloves) and would be happy to give something in return.
Add joe_thered and when I'm next online I'll do it

JmRssll555

Division One is driving me mental. Virtually every goal I concede is due to an AI controlled defender or a computer feck-up. Earlier today I lost 4-2 against a guy using Arsenal - there were two own goals by Phil Jones and two shambolic pieces of defending which led to two open-goal chances.

I'm not expecting to win every game, but at least make the opposition have to actually beat me. When goals seem so randomly awarded, there's really no satisfaction from scoring or keeping a clean sheet. It feels like I have very little influence on the actions of my defence as a unit.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Haven't played the game on my own in about a month because I lost my temper rather badly at one particularly farcicle match. My neighbours probably think I'm a total nutjob now. Had some fun with co-op mode, probably because I've only played that a handful times!

As for career, has anyone noticed that your club's youth academy players are almost entirely slow as feck, yet other regen players are almost entirely fast as feck? Did get one really cool player come through, a CB who can also play CM, has all the attributes of a defender as well as a good shot, decent touch and 5* weak foot. Tried using him as a Fellaini type midfielder by setting his instructions to "get in the box for crosses". He doesn't listen. At all.
I've just given up with the academy because the players don't grow at all.

soap

I've just given up with the academy because the players don't grow at all.
A lot of mine have grown really well actually. The physical stats seem to grow a lot more slowly though and considering they usually start with very low pace stats...

It was the same on Fifa 13, I took over as Brazil manager in about my 7th season or so and every single regen in the team had pace of 90+ with the exception of a ce the back and a player who was from my academy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Division One is driving me mental. Virtually every goal I concede is due to an AI controlled defender or a computer feck-up. Earlier today I lost 4-2 against a guy using Arsenal - there were two own goals by Phil Jones and two shambolic pieces of defending which led to two open-goal chances.

I'm not expecting to win every game, but at least make the opposition have to actually beat me. When goals seem so randomly awarded, there's really no satisfaction from scoring or keeping a clean sheet. It feels like I have very little influence on the actions of my defence as a unit.
My defensive experiences are the opposite to yours, actually. Every time I concede, I realise that I make a mistake somewhere, which helps the opposition in scoring a goal. I actually feel that I have quite a bit of control over my defence, but it does take lots of effort to control them and make sure that the AI doesn't screw me over.

I do agree with you over the lack of satisfaction in scoring goals. Most of the goals I have scored aren't satisfactory enough for me. Earlier on, when the goalkeeper AI was horrible, every single goal I scored was because of bad goalkeeping whether online or offline. The same occurred against me with my keeper screwing things up too often regardless of how good he was. FIFA 15 really made it difficult to enjoy goals.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

This happened to me while playing yesterday :lol: Great celebration.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I tried playing with Valencia for the first time, god they're amazing. Piatti Negredo and Alcacer up front are breathtaking.
Yes, they've been an enjoyable club to play with since FIFA 11. They're one of the best clubs in FIFA since that time. Too bad most just focus on Real Madrid and Barcelona. I really think Valencia have the prospect to be a broken team.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Absolutely in love with this game atm, have won four online tournaments in a row and have been absolutely disgracing people with Arsenal, Liverpool, England for a change. I'ce mastered everything in this game now, I dont want 2 switch to FIFA 16, not even for gold. Please EA, do your usual self and dont try to improve the game.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Absolutely in love with this game atm, have won four online tournaments in a row and have been absolutely disgracing people with Arsenal, Liverpool, England for a change. I'ce mastered everything in this game now, I dont want 2 switch to FIFA 16, not even for gold. Please EA, do your usual self and dont try to improve the game.
The general consensus among the caf is this was the worst fifa in a while so please EA change everything.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
The general consensus among the caf is this was the worst fifa in a while so please EA change everything.
Yeah, if you dont know how to defend it quite sucks and the offence looks overpowered. Once you get to know how it works, it is brilliant. The amount of diversity in this game is surreal, I score so many different goals with so many different patterns.

Iron Stove

It's great that there are people championing women in gaming, but FFS :lol:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Trying to flog a TOTS De Bruyne is impossible. Minimum price you can list at is 600k.

Didn't realise FUT was so broken that you can even decide your own minimum price. Tossers

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Trying to flog a TOTS De Bruyne is impossible. Minimum price you can list at is 600k.

Didn't realise FUT was so broken that you can even decide your own minimum price. Tossers
yeah its beyond a joke now after that came in you couldn't buy coins any more, all so EA can feed there own pockets with buying packs.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Sadly that's not a parody account and she is one Canadian whom I'm not proud of. Glad, she fecked off to States.
Oh god, she is the one giving out about that scene in watch dogs where they are saving women who happen to be topless and that absolute bullshit way she portrayed an old hitman game by going out of her way to kill women.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
yeah its beyond a joke now after that came in you couldn't buy coins any more, all so EA can feed there own pockets with buying packs.
I can make peace with getting rid of coin sellers. I'd never used them until this year when I became frustrating that after two weeks everyone had a perfect team and my best player was Aaron Ramsey. It defeats the object of what FUT was about...it was rare people would even buy FIFA points before the likes of KSI realised pack openings would become 'entertaining' videos (don't know why...).

It's just not being able to decide how much you list a player for, and being stuck with them which annoys me. And the reason for sale was so I could open more packs!

It'll be interesting to see further market regulation in FIFA 16.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I can make peace with getting rid of coin sellers. I'd never used them until this year when I became frustrating that after two weeks everyone had a perfect team and my best player was Aaron Ramsey. It defeats the object of what FUT was about...it was rare people would even buy FIFA points before the likes of KSI realised pack openings would become 'entertaining' videos (don't know why...).

It's just not being able to decide how much you list a player for, and being stuck with them which annoys me. And the reason for sale was so I could open more packs!

It'll be interesting to see further market regulation in FIFA 16.
They will have to re-evaluate the prices of the top players as starting again in fifa 16 it would take years to get 4 million to buy messi or ronny.