Film Films/Shows you've enjoyed more than you're supposed to

Zlatattack

Okay what are the films TV shows which you thought were immense and brilliant TV which everyone else thought less of?

For me, it was The Shield. I watched it when it was on channel 5 and watched it again end to end when it was on Amazon Prime. I really enjoyed, just as much as I enjoyed The Wire or Breaking Bad. That last sentence - society almost dictates through some sort of TV snobbery that I can't say that. Just because the concensus is that The Wire or Breaking Bad were great shows, amongst the top tier of TV (for arguements sake) - doesn't mean I can't have enjoyed The Shield the same way.

I also think there isn't much to seperate Peaky Blinders and Sons of Anarchy and apart from the dodgy accent, the Last Kingdom is as good as post Ragnar vikings (it's got nothing on Vikings during Ragnar).

So come one, come all, share your TV blasphemy with me.

Sgt.Major

I heard there are people who didn't watch Homicide: Life on the Street and yet they dare to talk about what's the best TV show ever. Oh, the blasphemy and ignorance.

OT: Two Weeks Notice first comes to mind.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Escape to Victory is nonsense in every respect, including the football, but hey, it's football. And as much as I dislike the French the old anthem is quite rousing.

Hoof the ball

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Say what you will, but that show is just pure fun. It's gratuitous, overindulgent and unapologetically brash in every way conceivable. There's little subtlety and oddly enough is better for it.

"Once again, the gods spread cheeks and r..." you know the rest.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Monkey Dust is the best British TV show of the last 25 years (along with The Royle Family & Father Ted), yet it seems to be entirely forgotten about... Some people considered it a poor man's "Brass Eye", & the overwhelming majority just ignored it.

A shame.

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Monkey Dust is the best British TV show of the last 25 years (along with The Royle Family & Father Ted), yet it seems to be entirely forgotten about... Some people considered it a poor man's "Brass Eye", & the overwhelming majority just ignored it.

A shame.
That was funny as feck. Got an image of a man coming out of prison and bouncing a space hopper down the street as he was still mentally in the 70s. I've not just made that up have I?!

Kazi

Mean Girls

I should enjoy it, but not as much I actually do

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I enjoyed the 1st Goon film. 2nd not so much. I love a sporting underdog film. Couple it with overegged violence, and its a winner.

I loved the shitty fantasy football sitcom The League too. Its totally crappy but just so fun and easy to watch. Dunno what the critical response was but all my mates hated it, despite liking most of the other TV shows I like.

Deleted member 101472

Stomp the yard, great movie.

Please correct the thread title to you’re

Art Vandelay

I enjoyed the 1st Goon film. 2nd not so much. I love a sporting underdog film. Couple it with overegged violence, and its a winner.

I loved the shitty fantasy football sitcom The League too. Its totally crappy but just so fun and easy to watch. Dunno what the critical response was but all my mates hated it, despite liking most of the other TV shows I like.
The League is brilliant.

Cloud7

Pacific Rim....All the transformers movies. Anything involving giant robots fighting each other or fighting giant monsters will always appeal to the child in me.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Lucifer. Arrived late at the party, watched the second season on TV. Watched S1 and S3 soon after. Now I'm watching it all again on Amazon prime. To be fair, I do have a history of liking procedural cop shows with a sense of humour, a romantic backstory and a bit of a story arc.

Sad but true.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Very dated comedies like Hancock's Half-hour, Steptoe and Son, Nearest & Dearest, George and Mildred etc. Some were outdated and corny even when they were first broadcast; I don't care.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Suicide squad. Going by the reviews I thought it was going to be worse than it actually was. I sort of liked it.

The latest avengers film too, considering I absolutely hated the previous one where all the superheroes have a WWE match in the airport.

Revaulx

Spice World The Movie. Took my (then) six year old daughter expecting it to be another painful parental duty, but thought it was hilarious.

GiddyUp

Phantom Thread. Although I love Daniel Day Lewis I had a feeling I wouldn't enjoy it as it looked boring as feck. I was absolutely engrossed from start to finish.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The League is brilliant.
Was it generally well received? Everyone I know really doesn't like it, despite being in to similar sitcoms. I find myself finding bits of it a bit corny and awkward too, and I found that Taco becomes way more annoying as the seasons go on. All the characters develop well except him.

Any episode involving Rafi usually ends up being incredible.

RG 11

I have watched that whole series about 4 times.
It's in the top 15 tv shows on imdb. I don't think everyone else thinks less of it. Although I see a lot of people not giving it a chance since it's animated / marketed as a kids show.

It's one of my all time favorites.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I liked The Mentalist, which is certainly not BB or The Wire. Simon Baker going round taking the piss out of criminals was very good fun. Elementary is much the same with Jonny Lee Miller.

Castle... Mainly thanks to Fillion.
Aye, another fun police procedural massively boosted by its lead.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Was it generally well received? Everyone I know really doesn't like it, despite being in to similar sitcoms. I find myself finding bits of it a bit corny and awkward too, and I found that Taco becomes way more annoying as the seasons go on. All the characters develop well except him.

Any episode involving Rafi usually ends up being incredible.
The League is one of my favourite comedies. It's hilarious... And Taco is man beyond our times, he created the EBDBBNB... he's a genius.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
That was funny as feck. Got an image of a man coming out of prison and bouncing a space hopper down the street as he was still mentally in the 70s. I've not just made that up have I?!
That's the one.

Little Nicky.

It's Adam Sandler, it's a comedy. I enjoyed it.
Same here. His last really good film (that I've seen).

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Can someone please fix the "your" in the headline?
How fecking hard can it be to get it right? :(:mad::nono:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
It's in the top 15 tv shows on imdb. I don't think everyone else thinks less of it. Although I see a lot of people not giving it a chance since it's animated / marketed as a kids show.

It's one of my all time favorites.
Yep this is one of the reasons why I mentioned it. Also the fact that it’s marketed as a kids show from Nick is why some people don’t give it a chance.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Banshee.

It's like a 14 year old's version of a "badass" story. Yet I actually watched like two seasons of it.