Gaming Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (PS5)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
How is Aerith Cactuar Crush on hard mode possible? :(
Takes a while to get used to. Speed up/strength up and the accessory which grants haste at the start of battle are all handy. Make sure you’re putting the correct ward down depending whether it’s a light/dark cactuaur and make use of sorceress storm.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Takes a while to get used to. Speed up/strength up and the accessory which grants haste at the start of battle are all handy. Make sure you’re putting the correct ward down depending whether it’s a light/dark cactuaur and make use of sorceress storm.
I did it after about 30 times and 5 stress headaches. Stupid fecking Mini-Game. She's so slow.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Finally finished it. Found the final 2 chapters a bit of a drag, but maybe by then I was burnt out by doing all the open world shit. Still have to do Gilgamesh island but might leave it a little. I’d come from not wanting to put the game down to finding it hard to pick up and finish by the end. There’s just sooo much bloat and padding and crappy mini games and uneven story telling. Great game but its pacing really let it down at times.

on the ending, I don’t mind them going in a different direction but Jesus ive had enough multi verses lately.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Also the fact that they fecked around so much with Aerith’s death meant it didn’t hit nearly as hard as it should which was disappointing. Probably THE iconic scene from the original and one of the most iconic video game moments of all time and I don’t get why they had to do that instead of letting it play out but whatever; at least they didn’t keep her alive like I thought they might.

Raw

Also the fact that they fecked around so much with Aerith’s death meant it didn’t hit nearly as hard as it should which was disappointing. Probably THE iconic scene from the original and one of the most iconic video game moments of all time and I don’t get why they had to do that instead of letting it play out but whatever; at least they didn’t keep her alive like I thought they might.
I 100% agree. Was so looking forward to seeing it but they messed around with it enough for it to become a bit of a muddled mess. Genuinely thought for a second that they would have done some stupid multiverse trickery to keep her alive.

I do like what they did afterwards with Cloud being so messed up about it that he still sees her around.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Because she's gonna live happily ever after with Zach after the Reunion in Reunion. I love the remakes but they've consistently used "timelines" to bottle all the major sad/horrible moments from the original. Be it Aeriths death in Rebirth or the fall of the sector 7 plate in Remake etc... They've shit the bed on the crucial moments. The actually hardest hitting part of this game is when they didn't use timelines to fix things. The part with Aerith and Barrets back stories in the Temple of the Ancients. Both hit way harder than the scene that should have been the highest point of the game.

Combine that with the constant "we might do it here" moments leading up to it and it just felt awkward and like a constant tease with no resolution. "Look how clever we are psyching out the player" instead of actually good writing.

I think I said earlier in the thread that they'll likely have to have a huge reason going forward but I don't think they will.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finally finished it. Found the final 2 chapters a bit of a drag, but maybe by then I was burnt out by doing all the open world shit. Still have to do Gilgamesh island but might leave it a little. I’d come from not wanting to put the game down to finding it hard to pick up and finish by the end. There’s just sooo much bloat and padding and crappy mini games and uneven story telling. Great game but its pacing really let it down at times.

on the ending, I don’t mind them going in a different direction but Jesus ive had enough multi verses lately.
Yeah but how good is the music v Jenova

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
God im dim. I thought she lived. Now im so fecking sad. My top waifu is dead

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Are you meant to grind to get to the right level for Gilgamesh island or something? I finished the game at level 50 but it recommends 65-70 :confused:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Are you meant to grind to get to the right level for Gilgamesh island or something? I finished the game at level 50 but it recommends 65-70 :confused:
I think so, yes. If you start a hard mode save you can get up to level 70 quite quickly though.