Final - Germany vs. Argentina

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Its the final, everything can happen. Germany is a great side but I think people are judging too much on that massacre yesterday. Granted Germany had a brilliant game but Brasil on the other hand was hopeless and just surrendered. Argentina certainly wont defend like that and will give Germans a good game.
Other than yesterday's game Germany hasnt been that impressive either..Just remember Algeria game where they needed OT to beat them and vs France they were efficient but boring.
But all of a sudden people expect them to destroy Argentina just like they destroyed Brasil but it wont happen.
Germany is a favourite of course but for me just slightly.
One goal, one mistake and who knows.

2-1 hopefully for Argentina.
If you think Germany's football is boring then you need to get your head checked. Let me guess, hoofball and getting into the by-line is more exciting right?

Please tell me more about how boring Germany are.

Pocho

Germany 7 Argentina 1, give them the Cup already!!!

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
well. this is it, it has been a great ride, but lets face it, we are here but we wont win it

germany has played great against portugal and brazil, two very good teams, while argentina scrapped every victory

i'm not going to say that argentina doesnt deserve to be here, because, there hasnt been a team that deserved it much more -of course, besides germany-

my only hope is that they beat us 2-0. i dont want argentina to become the team who lost for the biggest goal difference in a world cup final

i don't think that's too much to ask, or that i'm delusional, our defense has been pretty solid, so i'm hopefull we wont let the germans score more than two

i'm sorry for the dutchs, because i really want them to win a world cup, losing three finals and going out on this semifinal, must be too painfull, but shit happens

to the fans that say argentina is a pile of shit, i understand their feeling, but i can't think of another team that hasnt been as bad as us

cheers

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
GERMANY

4-0 vs. Portugal: Muller 3, Hummels
Neuer; Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Khedira; Gotze, Ozil, Muller

2-2 vs. Ghana: Gotze, Klose
Neuer; Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Khedira; Gotze, Muller, Ozil

1-0 vs. United States: Muller
Neuer; Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Schweinsteiger; Podolski, Muller, Ozil

2-1 vs. Algeria (aet): Schurrle, Ozil
Neuer;Musfafi, Boateng, Mertesacker, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Schweinsteiger; Gotze, Muller, Ozil

1-0 vs. France: Hummels
Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Howedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Ozil, Kroos, Muller; Klose

7-1 vs. Brasil: Muller, Klose, Kroos 2, Khedira, Schurrle 2
Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Howedes; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Ozil, Kroos, Muller; Klose

ARGENTINA

2-1 vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina: Kolasinac (OG), Messi
Romero; Zabaleta, Campagnaro, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Rodriguez, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi, Aguero

1-0 vs. Iran: Messi
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Gago, Mascherano, di Maria; Aguero, Higuain, Messi

3-2 vs. Nigeria: Messi 2, Rojo
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Gago, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi; Aguero, Higuain

1-0 vs. Switzerland (aet): di Maria
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Gago, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi; Lavezzi, Higuain

1-0 vs. Belgium
: Higuain
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Lavezzi, Biglia, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi, Higuain

0-0 vs. Netherlands (aet):
Romero; Zabaleta, Demichellis, Garay, Rojo; Biglia, Mascherano, Perez; Messi; Lavezzi, Higuain

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Depends which German side shows up I suppose. If its the one that hammered Portugal and Brazil, the Argies are fecked. If its the one that showed up against Algeria, they have a decent chance.

Fritz

Germany will again play 10 vs 11, so ofcourse Argentina has a big chance.

Parry Gallister

well. this is it, it has been a great ride, but lets face it, we are here but we wont win it

germany has played great against portugal and brazil, two very good teams, while argentina scrapped every victory

i'm not going to say that argentina doesnt deserve to be here, because, there hasnt been a team that deserved it much more -of course, besides germany-

my only hope is that they beat us 2-0. i dont want argentina to become the team who lost for the biggest goal difference in a world cup final

i don't think that's too much to ask, or that i'm delusional, our defense has been pretty solid, so i'm hopefull we wont let the germans score more than two

i'm sorry for the dutchs, because i really want them to win a world cup, losing three finals and going out on this semifinal, must be too painfull, but shit happens

to the fans that say argentina is a pile of shit, i understand their feeling, but i can't think of another team that hasnt been as bad as us

cheers
Yeah you definitely deserve to be in the final tbh. Germany are the favourites but Argentina have shown a lot of quality this competition, most wouldn't rule them out at all. If you get the ball or counter fast, their defence isn't all that and Neuer still can be too aggressive. Besides, after what happened to Brazil, there'd be no real shame in being defeated by the Germans.

Reactions: Eboue

Gannicus

We just don't know about Di Maria and Aguero's fitness by Sunday. Until we know that, predictions are futile.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
GERMANY

4-0 vs. Portugal: Muller 3, Hummels
Neuer; Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Khedira; Gotze, Ozil, Muller

2-2 vs. Ghana: Gotze, Klose
Neuer; Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Khedira; Gotze, Muller, Ozil

1-0 vs. United States: Muller
Neuer; Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Schweinsteiger; Podolski, Muller, Ozil

0-0 vs. Algeria (aet):
Neuer;Musfafi, Boateng, Mertesacker, Howedes; Lahm, Kroos, Schweinsteiger; Gotze, Muller, Ozil

1-0 vs. France: Hummels
Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Howedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Ozil, Kroos, Muller; Klose

7-1 vs. Brasil: Muller, Klose, Kroos 2, Khedira, Schurrle 2
Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Howedes; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Ozil, Kroos, Muller; Klose

ARGENTINA

2-1 vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina: Kolasinac (OG), Messi
Romero; Zabaleta, Campagnaro, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Rodriguez, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi, Aguero

1-0 vs. Iran: Messi
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Gago, Mascherano, di Maria; Aguero, Higuain, Messi

3-2 vs. Nigeria: Messi 2, Rojo
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Gago, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi; Aguero, Higuain

1-0 vs. Switzerland (aet): di Maria
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Gago, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi; Lavezzi, Higuain

1-0 vs. Belgium
: Higuain
Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Lavezzi, Biglia, Mascherano, di Maria; Messi, Higuain

0-0 vs. Netherlands (aet):
Romero; Zabaleta, Demichellis, Garay, Rojo; Biglia, Mascherano, Perez; Messi; Lavezzi, Higuain
17 goals for Germany (it was 2-1 v Algeria aet, 0-0 before)
8 goals for Argentina.

Both conceded few then with Germany only 4 and Argentina 3.

Argentina need to attack more because the Germans will score atleast 1 for me so unless they score themselves obviously they will lose (This is how Football works I think)

third3y3

Germany 3 - 2 Argentina

I can see this being a cautious first half and a flood of goals in the second half. Muller wins it in extra time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Germany look too strong for Argentina.

Personally I'd like to see either messi win it for Argentina with a top class performance, or, if he doesn't perform, them Germany winning it. Either way I hope both teams have some balls and don't play like the Netherlands Argentina semi final.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
17 goals for Germany (it was 2-1 v Algeria aet, 0-0 before)
8 goals for Argentina.

Both conceded few then with Germany only 4 and Argentina 3.

Argentina need to attack more because the Germans will score atleast 1 for me so unless they score themselves obviously they will lose (This is how Football works I think)
Thanks, I'll fix it.

ea385

Its the final, everything can happen. Germany is a great side but I think people are judging too much on that massacre yesterday.
No sh*t. It is pretty comical to be honest. Germany needed extra time to beat ALGERIA, drew with Ghana, and beat France 1-0. The idea that they have been some all conquering side a step above all the others in the tournament is totally ridiculous. But it isn`t surprising: you even had some morons in the transfer forum talk about signing that donkey Khedira because he had a good game against the worst Brazil side ever. These kind of hysterical reactions are nothing new.

Srpiniata

didnt he scored a five goals CL record against dortmund?

dortmund is in germany?
I think it was Bayern Leverkusen.

On other toughs i believe Argentina do have a chance to win, for all the hate they get their defense have been extremely solid, a lot better than their atack that was supposed to bring them to the final. They might have been scrapping results, but Germany have also been scrapping results after that game whit Portugal (bar the game whit Brazil).

If Messi has a good day Argentina wins it, otherwise it goes to Germany.

kiwired

cheers
call me crazy but I think you might

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I think it was Bayern Leverkusen.

On other toughs i believe Argentina do have a chance to win, for all the hate they get their defense have been extremely solid, a lot better than their atack that was supposed to bring them to the final. They might have been scrapping results, but Germany have also been scrapping results after that game whit Portugal (bar the game whit Brazil).

If Messi has a good day Argentina wins it, otherwise it goes to Germany.
you are right, thank you mate

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
call me crazy but I think you might
crazy!

seriously, i dont think we stand a chance, our defense is solid but we lack conection between them and the offensive players

germany is a power house and they are used to play this stances

but us i said, for us, argies, playing the final game in brazil while their fans watch from the stands, is a blast

JonathanEvans

Argentina would be the worst champion ever.
Bollocks, every single team has sat back against them, Germany couldnt beat Algeria or Ghana in 90 minutes and looked awful against USA. A shite Portugal team and a very average Brazil team missing their 2 best players doesn't change that.

Whoever wins will be deserving winners and Messi winning it would surely secure him as the greatest of all time, which is deserving in it's own right

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

cheers
You are either incredibly pessimistic when it comes to Argentina or are trying your hardest not to jynx it, same with the Netherlands game :lol:
You're in the final, you have Lionel messi on your team. To say you won't win or you hope you don't lose badly is just wrong, of course Germany are favourites after their big win, and they do have a better squad, but Argentina have every chance IMO.

Defensively they are on a completely different level to Brazil, who have been shite in that respect all tournament, and Germany exploited it. Argentina on the other hand have played against contrasting styles and haven't really been too troubled at the back so far. They might not be very exciting going forward, rely too much on Messi to score, but at the back they play it very safely and smartly.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
You are either incredibly pessimistic when it comes to Argentina or are trying your hardest not to jynx it, same with the Netherlands game :lol:
You're in the final, you have Lionel messi on your team. To say you won't win or you hope you don't lose badly is just wrong, of course Germany are favourites after their big win, and they do have a better squad, but Argentina have every chance IMO.

Defensively they are on a completely different level to Brazil, who have been shite in that respect all tournament, and Germany exploited it. Argentina on the other hand have played against contrasting styles and haven't really been too troubled at the back so far. They might not be very exciting going forward, rely too much on Messi to score, but at the back they play it very safely and smartly.
i wish i had your confidence, but i just don't, i really can't see how are we going to stop the germans, they are way too good, and they don't even need to reach the level they did against brazil to beat us fair and square

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
i wish i had your confidence, but i just don't, i really can't see how are we going to stop the germans, they are way too good, and they don't even need to reach the level they did against brazil to beat us fair and square
They're clear favourites, but not impossible at all.

Germany has been an extremely ruthless predator of mistakes. And incredibly effective at going for the kill if their opponents are at their mercy. But in both the games against Portugal and Brazil, there were crass mistakes that opened up the action. Both teams then bottled it and the Germans solved it very quickly. If Argentina doesn't give them those chances (and tidy as they've been at the back, they have a decent chance of not doing so) it can become a very drawn out game, and who knows to what that can lead? Ghana and Algeria could certainly have done it, because they were smart and defended well. Argentina has shown exactly that this tournament. Surely that puts you at a decent chance. It's 70-30 for Germany for me. Not 95-5 or anything of the sort.

Winrar

A lot of people pointed to Argentina's defense as a weakness before the competition started but ironically enough they have been solid at the back during the knockout stages while conversely disappointing going forward (bar the game vs Nigeria). Messi was anonymous against Netherlands yesterday but with a player like him, he could be playing like shit for 110 minutes and out of nowhere pop up with a vital contribution.

Germany's morale must be sky high, but 4 years ago they beat Argentina 4-0 and crashed out afterwards so we'll have to see. I still think Germany are favorites going into this but Argentina can nick this if they stay disciplined defensively and wait patiently for chances.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I think this is the first time my tip before the tournament has actually made the final.

Mali_Zeus

No sh*t. It is pretty comical to be honest. Germany needed extra time to beat ALGERIA, drew with Ghana, and beat France 1-0. The idea that they have been some all conquering side a step above all the others in the tournament is totally ridiculous. But it isn`t surprising: you even had some morons in the transfer forum talk about signing that donkey Khedira because he had a good game against the worst Brazil side ever. These kind of hysterical reactions are nothing new.
Yeah, all the time people were writing how Germany looks average now they are the best team that ever played football. Complete overreactions.

Mali_Zeus

If you think Germany's football is boring then you need to get your head checked. Let me guess, hoofball and getting into the by-line is more exciting right?

Please tell me more about how boring Germany are.
Yeah, put the words in my mouth please...

Sorry but Germany-France was a boring game, maybe you saw something in it I didnt.

Mali_Zeus

It's true that Germany hasn't set the World Cup on fire every game, but they're more than slight favourites. They're the best team in the world quite comfortably, it's just a matter of turning on, and they've done it every time that mattered, the latest being a confidence boost as good as you can get. On top of that they're fit and looking a lot more healthier than the Argies, who have one less day to recover and just played 120 minutes.
Fair enough. But in the same time Argies are only lucky and nothing more.. If you ask most of the posters. Sure, their football hasnt been impressive but they deserve some credit too.

MikeMango

didnt he scored a five goals CL record against dortmund?

dortmund is in germany?
what ? no

Against Leverkusen a few years ago. And Leverkusen takes a beating from everyone in the cl.

And black_crow wrote : "for Bayern Munich and not for the national side". Leverkusen isn't included there.
Against Bayern and the national team Messi didnt show much. That is true. Yesterday he was very quiet also.
So, I'm very confident that Messi wont play a big role in the final.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I've had Argentina down to win it from the get go. I'll stick with them, but Germany have been impressive.

Cristobal

Mighty Germany will beat a competitive Argentina. Hopefully not for more than 2 goals.

Lyricist

I understood the rest, but this? How is it painful for German football to have two teams in the final? If Dortmund had won you'd have put Bayern in there...
haha yeh I didn't include it because it's painful for German football in general. But I live in the Dortmund area so the people around here were rather puking than celebrating when Bayern won. Bayern has as many haters in Germany as they have fans. Hate em or love em basically, and for everyone who isn't a fan the day of the final wasn't pretty.

Overall it's a weird inclusion in the list though, it's true. :P

I should've also added Werder losing the Europa League final and Leverkusen losing the CL Final though as another poster suggested.