Final: Italy vs England

Semir_Tuce777

Supports
Velež Mostar
I want to see them bleed tonight for the country!
Come on England!

Judas

Open to offers
I hope we're not going to be as defensive as I fear we will be. I want to se Sancho play as he's got the gift and brains to get through their defence.

As much as I believe we can win, Italy have been my favourites since their first game of the tournament. I just feel like there's something about them. But then there's something about us too! I just hope we use the atmosphere to our advantage, and it doesn't end up weighing us down.

Steamboat Willy

I used to support England against almost any other team in the world, but today I really hope Italy has was it takes to beat them properly.

This hole, booing during national anthems, harrassing other fans, including children, this aggressive approach to supporting your team, and the diving in the penalty area is awfull.

England used to be a lot more likeable.

Houdini

I hope we're not going to be as defensive as I fear we will be. I want to se Sancho play as he's got the gift and brains to get through their defence.

As much as I believe we can win, Italy have been my favourites since their first game of the tournament. I just feel like there's something about them. But then there's something about us too! I just hope we use the atmosphere to our advantage, and it doesn't end up weighing us down.
Southgate doesn't rate Sancho. He is 3rd choice.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Rashford is the very player that can affect that Italian backline because he offers pace and threat from different angles and can drag those CB out more than Saka could from the right.
Rasford - Kane - Sterling
Angles, movement, shots and pace.
Which is why I’d bring him on at the hour mark or so and target those tired legs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Got a hunch for England now.

Feels like one of those written days in football, Argentina end their 28 year trophy drought early in the morning and England will do it on same day.

SeanyC

Will be in my view the toughest test England have faced this tournament, not just because it’s Italy and the way they have shown themselves to be a force this tournament but because it’s a final and they will be up for it just as much as England. Here’s hoping for a fascinating game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Rumour on Talksport is that Trippier back in at WB and three at the back.
Who misses out then, Saka? As him, Mount and Sterling all can't squeeze into 3-4-3 unless Mount is part of middle two and that's too bold for Southgate to do in major final.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
On a train on my way to London :D

Accidentally booked first class tickets but not complaining.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It'll definitely be a back 3 to match up to them.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Rice Phillips Shaw
Saka Kane Sterling

Back to the side that beat Germany is what I expect, I'd personally play Sancho and Henderson over Rice and Saka, but don't expect Southgate to do the same.

Trequarista10

Who misses out then, Saka? As him, Mount and Sterling all can't squeeze into 3-4-3 unless Mount is part of middle two and that's too bold for Southgate to do in major final.
Mount out then it'd be the same starting XI that played against Germany. Personally think if it is 343 then both Mount and Saka should be dropped as neither have done enough. Both provide a nice balance in a front 4 but not enough end product in a front 3. Kane, Sterling and Sancho/Grealish in the front 3.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Not sure other countries would be reporting this with such pride.

FINAL SESSION England fans queue round the block from 5AM for morning pints at packed pubs ahead of historic Euro final
FIRED-UP England fans queued round the block from 5am to get the beers in early ahead of tonight's historic final.

Supporters have been belting out It's Coming Home while downing beers as the Three Lions prepare to take on Italy in our first final in 55 years.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15558969/england-fans-pubs-euro-2020-historic-final-italy/

SuperiorXI

So erm the game then.

Italy are favourites for me since I see England being second best in the midfield battle. Italy's strikers aren't all that though and their obvious threat seems to source from Chiesa playing an inverted role on the left. Could see Southgate opting for Saka again to help Walker deal with him. Can also see England going back to a 3 or 5 at the back (whichever way you consider it) to counteract Italy's expected midfield dominance. I actually think Kane will be handled quite well by Italy's experienced CBs (I seem to remember Chiellini firmly having him in his pocket in the Juve-Spurs game from a couple seasons ago), so I think England's threat would be from Sterling making those runs from their left hand side (I don't really rate Di Lorenzo).

Should be a good game, but I think England will fall short - 2-1 or 1-0 to Italy. If it does go to a shootout then I'd fancy the Italians too, Donnarumma vs Pickford is hardly a matchup.
To be fair pens aren't solely down to the GK

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I used to support England against almost any other team in the world, but today I really hope Italy has was it takes to beat them properly.

This hole, booing during national anthems, harrassing other fans, including children, this aggressive approach to supporting your team, and the diving in the penalty area is awfull.

Booing anthems was standard across most grounds this tournament, including the fans of the holy saints Italy. You don’t have to dig very deep to find dickead fans from every country, the vast majority are decent people who just want to support their team. A few overblown media reports and some vile messages on that cesspool that is Twitter really has fuelled this anti-England fire.

Swordsman

Brain said England, Heart said Italy.
England haven't get into 4th gear and Italy push themselves very hard in the semi final. Should it comes down to PK shootout, England got slight edge as they will study Italy shootout in the semi final.

matt23

Boo this post!

Boooo!

Booing anthems was standard across most grounds this tournament, including the fans of the holy saints Italy. You don’t have to dig very deep to find dickead fans from every country, the vast majority are decent people who just want to support their team. A few overblown media reports and some vile messages on that cesspool that is Twitter really has fuelled this anti-England fire.
people looking to be offended will also find a way.

fergies coat

Every country has idiot fans. Why are England being singled out. Italian fans are saints aren't they. Do you not remember when we played Roma? They also boo national anthems, throw bananas on the pitch and do monkey chants, so lets have a bit of perspective here.

Can7onA

Posted this in the wrong thread..........

I think he's going to stick with the safety first and throw the flair players on if wee go a goal down.

Italy don't have much up top that I don't think we can deal with, Insigne and Verrati are the key for Italy.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Don't like diving, yet you're supporting Italy in this game? :lol:

djembatheking

Ok

MU655

You mean like every other team's fans and players?