Final: Italy vs England

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Klinsmann looks like his wife cuts his hair.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I wonder what the atmosphere will be like considering so many more prawn sandwiches and cnut influencers will be there instead of proper fans.

atkar83

Well aware. How one beutifle town can get smashed by its own people is just amazing. I was thinking what will happen after game. What if Italy takes it home?
While it is their own city most people at those riots doing the damage probably weren't from the downtown area, but surrounding municipalities. So they didn't care as much because they probably didn't recognize or care for the store they were smashing. But there were also people who didn't care about the game at all and their goals were to just spark that flame that started issues everywhere (I myself saw a ton of guys walking around with full face masks on and they were the ones smashing windows and trying to incite things).

There will be hundreds of those types that want it to devolve into chaos regardless of what happens in the game

Jericho

Nah, I'll blame who I want to blame thanks. Namely Chiellini for bumbling in like the big lump he is and the Italian players who surrounded the officials the entire game and waved their arms about whenever a Scottish player sneezed.
The ref made the decision to give that free kick to Italy, Chiellini was probably as surprised as you that it went his way.
Chiellini was doing you a favour, the ref just didn’t recognise it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The ref made the decision to give that free kick to Italy, Chiellini was probably as surprised as you that it went his way.
Chiellini was doing you a favour, the ref just didn’t recognise it.
Yeah, but.... Dammit. Leave me with my long burning hatred!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah saw he had the knock and didn't train yesterday but thought he'd make the bench.

One less game changer to use from hour mark although Sancho, Grealish, Rashford and Saka is still very very strong set of options to test against tired legs.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not going to pretend I believe in Southgate, even now. I just want him to prove me wrong one more time. Just one more win. If, after tonight, we never win another game under Southgate so be it. Just win tonight. Can't remember wanting to be shown up for my opinions more than I do today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bit too defensive that.. a lot going to ride on Shaw and Sterling to pretty much do everything from an attacking sense and Mount to have a huge game to help the transition. Think Kane will be shut down and isolated, but 5 defenders and 2 defensive mids mean Italy will have a hard time doing anything.

Dante

Average bang
Confirmed

Pickford
Stones
Maguire
Shaw
Trippier
Walker
Rice
Phillips
Mount
Kane
Sterling
That means Southgate will have picked a different XI in every single one of England's seven matches.

What's worrying/interesting is that this will be the first time in the tournament he's not played a front 3 with wide forwards.

In the Germany game (the last time we played a back 5), England had Saka and Sterling on the wings. This time, it looks like it'll be Mount behind Kane/Sterling in a narrow attack. It's anyone's guess how this will play out.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Frank Lampard thinks it’s a very smart team Southgate has chosen. God help us.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think Italy will be happy to see 5 at the back, even if the England ploy works and they concede on the counter.

Trequarista10

Will it be:

Kane - Sterling
Mount
With Mount doing a job on Jorginho, or...

Kane
Mount - Sterling
With Mount and Sterling doubling up with our wing backs out wide...

Nogbadthebad

I said right after the semi final win, he'd go 5 at the back.

Then he'll go rashford or sancho for mount after an hour, and hope that speed against tired legs will do the job

Jev

Unnecessarily cagey from Southgate. A bit of a football tragedy to see England bench so many great attacking players in order to line up with five defenders and two defensive midfielders. I hope it will be your downfall. Italy to win a moral victory by one goal.