Final: Portugal vs France

Who do you think will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Am bitter - so hoping that Portugal can pull it out some how - a undeserved goal will do me just fine. France should win at a canter though really.
As bad as Portugal have been, saying France should destroy is unrealistic. It'll be close, only 1 goal will separate both teams if it doesn't get to penalties.

Benfiquista!

Supports
S.L. Benfica
As bad as Portugal have been, saying France should destroy is unrealistic. It'll be close, only 1 goal will separate both teams if it doesn't get to penalties.
Yep, a 120th minute backheel from Éder will give us the European title.

That would be pretty epic.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Ronaldo, like Messi, deserves an international trophy. Very much rooting for Portugal - although I'm pretty sure France will win in 90 minutes.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Ronaldo, like Messi, deserves an international trophy. Very much rooting for Portugal - although I'm pretty sure France will win in 90 minutes.
Why? If he can't do it, he doesn't deserve it. As simple as that.

Benfiquista!

Supports
S.L. Benfica
:lol: Please, if you're going to win it, let it be by another player than Eder. I think I would stop watching football for an entire if it happens.
Personally, I would like a goal from Renato and/or from Eliseu, but it really doesn't matter. As long as we finally win it, I'll be happy.

Anyway, let's hope for a nice final and may the better team win!

LazyBones

I hope Portugal win but everything is pointing towards a French victory. Honestly I think France could win this 2 or 3 nil.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
According to the Metro, "Motherwell supporters reportedly used the chant in a game against the Icelandic side Stjarnan when the two teams met in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League in 2014". It was done against an Icelandic side, so you can see why it circulated to the National Team.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/29/the-s...ro-2016-clapping-chant-5973303/#ixzz4DlCFLAlc
Can you own a chant? For the purposes of this discussion they've clearly stolen it from the Icelandic fans and it's definitely a bit cringey.

chicha14

Personally, I would like a goal from Renato and/or from Eliseu, but it really doesn't matter. As long as we finally win it, I'll be happy.

Anyway, let's hope for a nice final and may the better team win!
Eliseu? I personally hope he doesn't play at all.Happy with Raphael

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I'm rooting for France. The thought of Ronaldo posing and acting like *he* won the cup if Portugal nick it, and not his team, is just too hard to stomach.
Wouldn't mind a cracking goal from Sanches, though.

Pat Evra

Would be great if Evra finishes his international career as a champion of Europe. :) So, I'm cheering for France of course, but it'll be tough game, surely.

Ban

I think it will be a terrible game. Neither team has impressed, especially Portugal.

But anyway France please win it.

nick2004

Unpredictable game.

It's a final, so both teams will be cautious.

On the other hand, Ronaldo and Griezmann on their day can create a goal out of nothing...

Classical Mechanic

I hope Portugal win, partly for Ronaldo but also so there a new team winning a major international trophy. Portugal have had many great players through the years but never won anything as well.

Lostie007

It's not going to be so one sided in terms of support as Portugal have lots of immigrants in France

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I hope Portugal win, partly for Ronaldo but also so there a new team winning a major international trophy. Portugal have had many great players through the years but never won anything as well.
And it may continue until that conceited ponce retires.

ProudParisian

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You really captured the atmosphere there.
Is this ironic ?

I have a car and i could go on the Champs Elysées but i'm tired, i captured what i could capture ;)

Oo0AahCantona

Classic portugal to turn up now, france are by far the better squad, but ronaldo can win you a game.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I just want this tournament to be done with. Boring shite for a month. Would rather take a break before the real football returns.

But yeah, France should win it. Portugal will win it.

stu_1992

Can't believe Portugal have managed to make their way to this final. Nothing special (besides the obvious player). And I've a weird feeling they'll do it too. I'd actually like to see Ronaldo win an international tournament tbf.

starman

Both teams and fans can be insufferable. i was hoping Germany was going to win it just for the party their fans would have.

They also have had the easiest run of any teams in the tournament