"Finishing 2nd with this team a great achievement"

ForestRGoinUp

If Pogba and De Gea were dropped into Evertons squad and they finished 2nd I think it would be seen unanimously as an incredible achievement. Those are the only 2 separating us from them these days.

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
That’s revisionist to say the least.
What about the mess he left behind at Chelsea? Conte cleared that up only for the Cnut to go round holding 3 fingers up.

If you’re a Jose fan there’s nothing stopping you following him to his next club. Just stop singing his praises about his time here
Oh the mess he left behind. 2nd place finish, followed by EPL title, a refreshed squad (on a budget), and in prime position to win another title the next season. What a mess!!!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Oh the mess he left behind. 2nd place finish, followed by EPL title, a refreshed squad (on a budget), and in prime position to win another title the next season. What a mess!!!

They were in 16th place when he was sacked.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Do you guys now agree with what Jose said earlier this season? The theory back then was that Jose was holding the players back by stifling their creativity and flair. Well, we have now lost 7 out of the last 9 and our performances are beginning to mirror those that we saw earlier in the season.

So is Ole stifling the creativity and flair out of this team? Is Ole asking them to be negative?Has Ole created a poisonous atmosphere around the training ground? If the answer is no, then why are we looking so hopeless right now? After all, Jose was the cancer that was plaguing the team. Now that the Cancers been removed, we should have been flying....
I thought it was a considerable achievement at the time, and I still do.

I think you have to divorce the achievement from the manager for a moment, and just look at the squad on paper and then at the opposition. After that it's not hard, or at least shouldn't be hard, to conclude that it was a significant achievement.

Whatever one thinks of Mourinho, I'm puzzled by this notion that the squad should be flying now that he's gone. Flying where exactly? How is this United side supposed to soar with the deficiencies it has? Just look at the defenders ffs: Smalling, Jones, Young, Rojo, Valencia, Darmian etc. They're not elite level players; they never have been and they never will be! The fact is that De Gea's presence in the side over the years has put a very, very strong gloss over things.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It was his squad! He’s wasted so much of our money on absolute dross. Bailly/Lindelof/Pogba/Mikhi/Sanchez/Fred/Dalot were all completely and utterly wank under him!

If I went around to your house, took a big shit on a plate, served it up with a nice salad and a cold beer and said “well all I had to cook was shit” you’d be furious at me.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Wow. A new take on his getting sacked at Chelsea. Someone’s living in the past

Inigo Montoya

It was his squad! He’s wasted so much of our money on absolute dross. Bailly/Lindelof/Pogba/Mikhi/Sanchez/Fred/Dalot were all completely and utterly wank under him!

If I went around to your house, took a big shit on a plate, served it up with a nice salad and a cold beer and said “well all I had to cook was shit” you’d be furious at me.
Z1L3 would put a positive spin on it

hn4manunited

Most posters who are still going on about Jose being the problem needs to move on from him. He’s gone. You now have an inexperienced manager at the helm. Ed is still around. Target your hatred on Ed and his incompetence because we’ll need every ounce of energy towards that for this club to have a turn around.

The argument of this thread is not that Jose has done a great job. It was always about him saying he made his best ever accomplishment taking this team to finishing second. No one has said Jose is the greatest ever taking this club to finishing second, Jose said that taking this team to 2nd was his best achievement. If that is not clear to our fans considering Jose’s past history of successes and considering the mess this club has been in, them /thread. We don’t need to dwell here.

edgar allan

Most posters who are still going on about Jose being the problem needs to move on from him. He’s gone. You now have an inexperienced manager at the helm. Ed is still around. Target your hatred on Ed and his incompetence because we’ll need every ounce of energy towards that for this club to have a turn around.

The argument of this thread is not that Jose has done a great job. It was always about him saying he made his best ever accomplishment taking this team to finishing second. No one has said Jose is the greatest ever taking this club to finishing second, Jose said that taking this team to 2nd was his best achievement. If that is not clear to our fans considering Jose’s past history of successes and considering the mess this club has been in, them /thread. We don’t need to dwell here.
It was just Jose being Jose, having a dig at the board and excusing himself of all responsibility for a poor season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Mourinhos argument was that he took a nice shit and it was better then you would expect shit to be basically:lol:

Nikelesh Reddy

That’s revisionist to say the least.
What about the mess he left behind at Chelsea? Conte cleared that up only for the Cnut to go round holding 3 fingers up.

If you’re a Jose fan there’s nothing stopping you following him to his next club. Just stop singing his praises about his time here
And if your a solksjaer fan,please follow him to his next club....Won’t take long,i”m sure it will be fun supporting Molde...

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Moyes was left with the squad he inherited that needed work in areas that Fergie neglected, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.
LVG was left with the shit that Moyes left behind, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.
Jose was left with the shit that LVG left behind, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.
Ole was left with the shit that Jose left behind, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.

The excuse gets kind of old after a while. We have a better team than our league position. Granted, there's no way he could be expected to have us in the top 3 but he has enough at his disposal to be higher than we are.

Having said that, calling for a managers head or asking if they're toxic of a cancer after a short period is fecking stupid no matter who it is. It's possible for something to be true without meaning that they need to be replaced. We spent a decade laughing at all the other clubs for recycling managers without giving them years and years to actually build and grow a team but now it's us in the hot seat we want instant fixes in one or two transfer windows or we need to replace the manager and it's everything we used to laugh at.

Nikelesh Reddy

Moyes was left with the squad he inherited that needed work in areas that Fergie neglected, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.
LVG was left with the shit that Moyes left behind, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.
Jose was left with the shit that LVG left behind, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.
Ole was left with the shit that Jose left behind, he just needs more time to get the signings he wants.

The excuse gets kind of old after a while. We have a better team than our league position. Granted, there's no way he could be expected to have us in the top 3 but he has enough at his disposal to be higher than we are.

Having said that, calling for a managers head or asking if they're toxic of a cancer after a short period is fecking stupid no matter who it is. It's possible for something to be true without meaning that they need to be replaced. We spent a decade laughing at all the other clubs for recycling managers without giving them years and years to actually build and grow a team but now it's us in the hot seat we want instant fixes in one or two transfer windows or we need to replace the manager and it's everything we used to laugh at.
Do you know what’s even more stupid?Giving the job to someone based on what he did for a couple of months.,...that’s utterly idiotic....It’s criminal.....

el3mel

Not granted. That's not true. The squad is top 4 at best and last season looks like the anomaly in comparison to our usual league position these days. If your usual league positions is 7th,4th,5th,6th and this season 4th/5th/6th, it mostly means last season was an anomaly and probably even over achievement.

We are more or less at the position we deserve. The squad is just overpriced and overhyped, which gives false sense for others that we deserve more. Nope, we are where we should be, you are just over rating the squad.

Zarlak

Do you know what’s even more stupid?Giving the job to someone based on what he did for a couple of months.,...that’s utterly idiotic....It’s criminal.....
And yet it's what everyone here was dreaming of for the last few years. I remember when Giggs was the flavour of the month. In reality everyone overhypes every other manager out there until we get them, and then we realise these guys aren't actually magic and then we underrate them and ask for them to be sacked.

Zarlak

Not granted. That's not true. The squad is top 4 at best and last season looks like the anomaly in comparison to our usual league position these days. If your usual league positions is 7th,4th,5th,6th and this season 4th/5th/6th, it mostly means last season was an anomaly and probably even over achievement.

We are more or less at the position we deserve. The squad is just overpriced and overhyped, which gives false sense for others that we deserve more. Nope, we are where we should be, you are just over rating the squad.
And yet we're floating around 6th and 7th, therefore we are a better team than our league position.

Inigo Montoya

And if your a solksjaer fan,please follow him to his next club....Won’t take long,i”m sure it will be fun supporting Molde...
I’ll decide who I support pal! You don’t get to tell me where I go and who to follow. I am a Manchester native, unlike you my family and I have Utd in our blood going back generations. Supporters like you are glory hunters who would do better supporting your local clubs but decide to come in here telling me to go and follow Ole to his next club?
What an embarrassment to the forum you are!

Bestietom

Nothing will change my mind that it is because of some players that have not performed to their level ( Giving just 60%) that has got us into this mess, and anyone going to the games can see this downgrade in performance is why we are losing games.

It is not the manager. He needs a good transfer window to get rid of the deadwood and bring in honest players who will play to win trophies rather than just wanting a fat wage packet. I can never understand the cheek of players asking for more than double their wages when they are not performing.

Then again if you have a player in a club who is paid more than all others to warm the bench, you would expect this. The whole structure needs to change, and no matter what manager is in charge they cannot do it all themselves. It has to start inside the club with a DOF and changes in the way the club is wanting to go.

Maticmaker

Nothing will change my mind that it is because of some players that have not performed to their level ( Giving just 60%) that has got us into this mess, and anyone going to the games can see this downgrade in performance is why we are losing games.

It is not the manager. He needs a good transfer window to get rid of the deadwood and bring in honest players who will play to win trophies rather than just wanting a fat wage packet. I can never understand the cheek of players asking for more than double their wages when they are not performing.

Then again if you have a player in a club who is paid more than all others to warm the bench, you would expect this. The whole structure needs to change, and no matter what manager is in charge they cannot do it all themselves. It has to start inside the club with a DOF and changes in the way the club is wanting to go.
Spot on!
It will be a war of attrition I'm afraid, even if Ole is allowed a free hand in transfers etc. Lots of sorting out to do amongst the squad its self, which will raise the heckles of almost everyone at some time, players, fans, sponsors etc. The main problem is the main focus of the club has to return to seeking football success, not just raising finance. This dichotomy is there for all to see, currently we are a multi-million pound enterprise, that just happens to be fronted by a football club. Until that changes and I hate to say it, but I suspect much else will not...hope I'm wrong.

Nikelesh Reddy

And yet it's what everyone here was dreaming of for the last few years. I remember when Giggs was the flavour of the month. In reality everyone overhypes every other manager out there until we get them, and then we realise these guys aren't actually magic and then we underrate them and ask for them to be sacked.
But the owners,the board and Woodward can’t just do something that has popular support.They need to use their heads and think about the best way to take the club forward.Why didn’t we just wait until the end of the season?Why did we give Ole the job after he suffered back to back defeats?

That was the first setback that he had at the club,so wouldn’t it have made more sense to see how he reacted to that setback before giving him the job?Now we have to trust him with 200 millions pounds(no DOF!!) again this summer....And if he fails,we then have to start the same process again...

Nikelesh Reddy

I’ll decide who I support pal! You don’t get to tell me where I go and who to follow. I am a Manchester native, unlike you my family and I have Utd in our blood going back generations. Supporters like you are glory hunters who would do better supporting your local clubs but decide to come in here telling me to go and follow Ole to his next club?
What an embarrassment to the forum you are!
Over 90 percent of this forum,and 99 percent of United supporters are not based in Manchester....So what the feck is your point?Plenty of glory hunters in Manchester too,I guess you”ll be wearing sky blue next season....

Hawks2008

Why are we still talking about Mourinho? He is gone and he failed and nothing vindicates him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why are we still talking about Mourinho? He is gone and he failed and nothing vindicates him.
Make a dodgy start next year, and suddenly there will be more and more revisionism about Mourinho's spell.
Like there was about Van Gaal, and even like there seems to be with Moyes at times!