Fixtures over the next 30 days

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Palace, West Brom, Sunderland, Boro, and West Ham.

All completely winnable and I expect nothing less than 13 points from them. If that happens, we are back in business.

Man-United

We need rotation on wednesday or saturday.

Played in Ukraine three days ago and a new game today with not many rested.

kps88

Been here before. Rotation and dropped points are common over the festive period. The away games will be tricky with us having to rest Carrick for at least one of them. Not sure Zlatan would be able to play them all either.

LouisDanGaal

Would you be able to put home away by the games to make it a little easier to weigh up the fixtures?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Going on a consistent run of wins for this winter period will be vital. Mkhitaryan will be a huge loss though - particularly for the West Brom game who are in good form and gave Chelsea a tricky game - and Valencia will be a big loss for the Palace game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We really should go on a run now. Hopefully today gives us confidence. Though Palace and West Brom successive away games are always 2 games I hate so if we get through those 2, then we have Sunderland at home, middlesbrough at home, west ham away, reading home in FA cup, then hull at home in the EFL cup. 7 games we should be winning, though I feel we'll draw one of palace/west brom. Then it's Liverpool at Old Trafford so if we go into that full of confidence, we can get a win.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Going on a consistent run of wins for this winter period will be vital. Mkhitaryan will be a huge loss though - particularly for the West Brom game who are in good form and gave Chelsea a tricky game - and Valencia will be a big loss for the Palace game.
We are perfectly capable of going on the sort of run Arsenal did from late Aug to mid Oct. No better time than now with the fixture list easing up a bit. I also like our chances v Liverpool at OT next month.

Revan

Assumptionman
We should go 15/15 if we want to get back in business. And is totally doable considering that we are playing well, despite missing chances.

Kag

If only football at Manchester United was all that simple. We should go on a bit of a run, and you get the feeling it kinda' makes or breaks our season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We should go 15/15 if we want to get back in business. And is totally doable considering that we are playing well, despite missing chances.
City have Arsenal and Liverpool over the next few weeks, so if we manage a run of points, we should be able to catch them (or come damn close) by the new year.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We are perfectly capable of going on the sort of run Arsenal did from late Aug to mid Oct. No better time than now with the fixture list easing up a bit. I also like our chances v Liverpool at OT next month.
Think we need to start scoring more. 8 goals in our last 9 league games:

And our goal difference is +4 compared to at least triple that for the teams above us. Getting our European/cup scoring form in the league would hugely help with confidence. Like you say, City have tough fixtures coming up without Fernandinho and Aguero so great opportunity to close in on them.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I'll be absolutely stunned if we beat both WBA and Palace.

Bojan11

Palace and West Brom away will be tough especially with Mkhitaryan out.

pacifictheme

All completely winnable and I expect nothing less than 13 points from them. If that happens, we are back in business.
Quite amazing that winning all those would only just put us top now...

Yagami

Good post resistant
After the result today, and with these upcoming fixtures, this should be where our PL campaign finally gets going, but I still don't have enough faith in this team for us to do so.

Missing both Mkhi and Valencia for Palace is a right blow.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
NOOOO
Everytime someone does a thread like this we always lose the first one, rucking the whole thread up

Billy Jim

5/5 is near impossible. If we were to manage something like:

Palace (3)
West Brom (1)
Sunderland (3)
Boro (3)
West Ham (1)

I'd still be relatively happy.

GloryHunter07

Very nice set of games, hope we start to build aome momentum.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
These threads always end in tears. Hopefully this one is different and we get the business done! A nice Jan addition would top it off too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Palace and West Brom are horrible away games
Sunderland and Middlesbrough at home have the shades of Burnley at home about them

No games are easy for us at the moment

Brophs

The One and Only
Minimum 18 points or we strap Fellaini and Jose to the rocket of doom (and pose them so it looks like they're bumming) and fire the pair of spoofing cnuts deep into the heart of the sun.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Mourinho has been right for a few weeks; our results dont match our performances: Unbeaten in 6 matches means we are already on a run.

Win the next 4 and its 6 wins and 4 draws which is good form. If we can do that, we''l make some great progress, especially as City & Spurs are quite erratic at the moment.

m1y2

5/5 is near impossible. If we were to manage something like:

Palace (3)
West Brom (1)
Sunderland (3)
Boro (3)
West Ham (1)

I'd still be relatively happy.
in the form we play , it's defo possible, if we win it we are back in the title race, the easiest fixtures from the top6

Robbie Boy

West Brom, West Ham and Palace are all away games so I'm not at all confident that we will win those 3.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm expecting 15 points. And yes I'm that positive. I feel like this win lifted some of the pressure of us and we should bring cup and Europe form in these coming fixtures.

All we need is managing the pressure. We have the squad depth to go through such loaded fixtures.

With Miki out for maybe 2 games, we still have Mata to come in.

CM

Just take it one game at a time. It looks like a favourable run of fixtures but it's pointless hypothesising about how we might do when we've already dropped points against the likes of Watford, Burnley, Stoke and West Ham this season.

Robbie Boy

Let's not forget that most said Liverpool would win their next 6/7 games based on their fixtures. Over the past 2 games they have 1 point. I find usually when these threads appear, the results never turn out as optimistically as people hypotosised. Also, the festive fixtures gecefslly throw up a few upsets.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You shouldn't really do that to yourselves. I mean think we are going to go on a ridiculous winning run, just like that.
We haven't lost a league game since October 23rd (Chelsea) and have narrowly missed out on points over our last three draws against West Ham, Arsenal, and Everton. A couple of adjustments and a newfound confidence and there's no reason to believe we aren't capable of going on a run at some point, and what better time than now.

The White Pele

Realistically we're unlikely to win all 5, but unfortunately we find ourselves in the position where this is exactly the kind of run of results that would be required for us to get near to the league expectations we had at the start of the season.

You just hope that the position we find ourselves in gives the players that extra bit of motivation to get the 5 wins.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
One game at a time. We need to keep this run going with a win on wednesday and then we'll move on to West Brom. I am confident that we can go on a run now though.

notcool

Supports
a
We haven't lost a league game since October 23rd (Chelsea) and have narrowly missed out on points over our last three draws against West Ham, Arsenal, and Everton. A couple of adjustments and a newfound confidence and there's no reason to believe we aren't capable of going on a run at some point, and what better time than now.
That's it for me. I don't think there's anything special that needs to be added to us. Mourinho knows his good players, he knows his idea of the team and the team understands how he wants to play. It's not about changing anything tactically, it's just about that click. And, if that happens, there's no reason we can't win the next five.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
It does feel like we're close to coming upon something which can push us on to make a run of consistency. But it also feels tenuous, like something a key injury or suspension could derail. First things first, win again.

reelworld

Suspension and injury may disrupt our run though. Valencia will be suspended after getting his fifth yellow against Spurs. And no Mikhi either, so that means our entire right side will be Damian and Mata, and I am worried that would disrupt the consistency

cyberman

Why do we have 4 games in 9 days? This is ridiculous, it's more condensed than the Christmas period.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It's a tougher run of games than it looks on paper definitely, especially when we know that we won't beat Sunderland since that result has been set in stone since Moyes was appointed there - that match is going to be an infuriating feck-up, with him and his usual media allies will be unbarely smug in the aftermath :mad: