Fletcher's 'dive'

B Cantona

Desperate
I'm sorry, this probably doesn't deserve its own thread

But what a really, really, really piss poor moment for the referee

He's actually invented something that never happened. Shocking stuff

Absolute stone wall penalty. Thankfully didn't matter in the end, but only because we're fecking good when we turn it on late

Cina

Fletcher overdid it a bit, but it was a completely stone wall penalty, disgraceful decision.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It does deserve a thread, shambolic decision, especially considering his view of it.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
What a great piece of simulation. So good in fact, that he convinced the defender to help him out by actually swiping at his legs and taking them from beneath him.

muller

Yup.

Dodgy as feck handball in extra time as well.

twitter thread suggester
One of the worst decisions I've seen in a while.

Fletch never cheats.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Ref made a shocking mistake and essentially has cost us two points. Arguably could have had another penalty towards the end with the handball but the ref was never going to give it.

BahamaRed

Legend
Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "I need 10 minutes to think about it. They were fantastic at the end. Their keeper made some great saves. I can't believe [the penalty decision]. I just do not believe it. It's one of the worst I've seen in my lifetime."

MUFCgal

Agree with the guys on Sky Sports there. We never got the penalty we should have, but we didn't let it affect our game in fact maybe it spurred us on more. Thank god we didn't let it get into our heads and just continued trying to play our game.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Another ref trying to make a name by refusing a big team a pen when they play at home. Nothing new.

gaffs

Fletcher overdid it a bit, but it was a completely stone wall penalty, disgraceful decision.
I dont know if he meant to over do it, but thats what it looked like, so i can see why the ref didnt give it. He was wrong though.

Thats what happens when you get kicked in the lower part of the shin and your not moving at pace.

The ref should have seen the contact - he had a perfect view.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Richard Keys: "baring in mind Fletcher is a player who missed last years final because of the number of yellows he picked up".

No he didn't you complete fecktard he was wrongly sent off because of another refereeing mistake.

johnmufc

It wasn't a dive, but Fletcher should have passed it. There was Owen and someone else just to his left waiting to tap it in. Fletcher tried to do too much...

That incident aside, anyone else remember when Nani was through on goal, 1 on 1 with Akinfeev, only to be wrongly called for offside. Poor officiating. There were also two or three blatant handballs missed.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Im sorry but Fletcher didn't "over do it". He didn't have a chance to "over do it" beacuse it was such a blatant foul. And to think the ref had the perfect view of it. Crazy!

MUFCgal

Richard Keys: "baring in mind Fletcher is a player who missed last years final because of the number of yellows he picked up".

No he didn't you complete fecktard he was wrongly sent off because of another refereeing mistake.
I wouldn't take much notice of Richard Keys. This is the same eejit who after Liverpool's CL matches, even if they play shite in them, always says 'the Champions League is Liverpool's competition, they've made it their own'. No they haven't you numpty.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I wouldn't take much notice of Richard Keys. This is the same eejit who after Liverpool's CL matches, even if they play shite in them, always says 'the Champions League is Liverpool's competition, they've made it their own'. No they haven't you numpty.
Aye he's a complete idiot, I remember him saying that about the dippers the other week.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I'm sorry, this probably doesn't deserve its own thread

But what a really, really, really piss poor moment for the referee

He's actually invented something that never happened. Shocking stuff

Absolute stone wall penalty. Thankfully didn't matter in the end, but only because we're fecking good when we turn it on late
I think it did matter.

If we'd scored, we'd only be 3-2 down with still half an hour to play, and probably would have won I reckon.