Gaming FM Owner Experiment | Season 10 done!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah didn’t spot him at first but that will be a really competitive middle for the foreseeable.

Keeper will be last priority for us I reckon.

Also love how Estevao is now part English
Estêvão Willian Alemeida de Oliveira Gonçalves.

Or by his English name:
Steven William Alex Oliver Goodman.
Good old Steven.
:lol:

Brazilian Steve is a good nickname.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok we'll sim on then if no objections? I think waiting on one decision but that's all.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Ok we'll sim on then if no objections? I think waiting on one decision but that's all.
If waiting on my co-owner, then go ahead without him. He'll understand

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Jan 2027 signings

Sunderland

Yoan Bonny (ST) - £37.5m (45.5m) from PSV - This feels like a lot of money for a meh striker tbh. Only 23 though. Seems quick.
Christopher Bonsu Baah (AMR/L) - £12.25m (£15m) from Damac in Saudi - No idea. 5 goals in 49 apps for them. 22 years old

Sheff Utd

Connor Roberts (RB) - £350k from Nott Forest - 31 year old RB. Assuming for cover?
David Affengruber (DM) - £8m from Liverpool - 25 year old DM. Seems decent, workhorse like.
Ted Curd (GK) - £475k from Chelsea - 20 year old keeper.

Derby

Harrison Reed (CM/DM) - £235k from Fulham - Yeah that one.
Diego Coppola (CB) - £8.75m from Burnley - 23 year old CB

Bolton

Benjamin Nygren (CAM) - £4.2m from Feyenoord - 25 year old CAM with lots of energy. High pressing stats.
Bright Arrey-Mbi (CB) - £2.4m from Fortuna Dusseldorf - 23 year old CB with good decent progressive passing stats.

Season 4 - Run in - April 2027 New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 4 - 2nd April 2027

Sunderland very comfortable really. Midtable PL status basically a given these days now. Yamal is always one of the top assisters and Garnacho/Sesko top their scoring charts with 12 and 13 respectively. Amdouni has also contributed 9 goals. Yoann Bonny also has 5 goals.

Sunderland also made the Carabao Cup semi finals! They faced Liverpool.

Not ideal. But new signing Bonsu Baah got his first goal for the club.

So close! Bonny turning out to be a decent buy maybe? Great effort from Sunderland though.

This is just here so that when alto sees all three spoilers he thinks he reached the final. Arsenal won it.

Still not ideal for Sheffield Utd. They'd prefer to be higher but they're doing ok. Wahi proving to be solid in the PL and Pino is still their best player.

Great stuff from Bolton! Paez proving to be signing of the season.

Derby won't be happy. Estevao has still only made 3 sub appearance so he's not seen as ready yet. Moore has played 16 times now with 2 goals. Moukoko has 13 goals and David Brooks has 7. They seem to be lacking firepower though. Anything can change though. Playoffs are still in reach for them.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Think I'll make a change at the end of the season. Shipping too many goals.

Paez mvp

Season 4 End New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 4 - 17th May 2027

Safe as houses in the end for both our Caf teams! Sunderland just 5 points off the European places.

Sheffield Utd will be happy enough too.

So I can't show the table yet as it spoils the play-offs so far, but Bournemouth won the league. Leeds finished second.

Derby County had a great end to the season with 6 straight wins and finished 4th.

Bolton lost to Derby on the final day but still scraped 6th! So both are in the Playoffs.

Season 4 - Championship PlayOff Semis New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Championship Playoff Semi-Finals

A resounding win for Bolton. Balogun and Paez delivering for them.

Oof. No dramatic events here then.

Bolton ease through to the final!

And Derby meet Bolton in the final! Our first proper caf match up and it's for Promotion to the Premier League!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Oh my god, thought Derby were out. It's going to end in heartbreak. :(

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just so people don't forget, currently Sheffield United are the most successful caf team.

Championship (the) wins:
Sheffield United - 1
Every other loser - 0

Season 4 - Championship PlayOff Final New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Playoff Final - Bolton Wanderers vs Derby County

So you can either have the instant result, or read it through the match report I wrote for some suspense. Or both!

What an occasion. It was going to be heartbreak for one Cafite and elation for the other. Both probably deserved to go up but who would shine when it really mattered?

The first shot in anger came after 11 minutes when Bolton worked it nicely down the right flank and drilled a cross into Balogun, who swiveled and fired a low shot which was comfortably saved by Valdimarsson. Derby came alive 8 minutes later though when Brooks floated a cross in for Mikey Moore to head towards goal but Baxter parried it to safety. Derby recycled the ball though and when it was played through to Moukoko he fired it low past the keeper! VAR intervened though and the goal was chalked off for quite a blatant offside.

28 minutes in, Plata had a golden opportunity when he was played in by a beautiful through-ball. But he didn't get a good enough angle on his shot and Valdimarsson parried it out for a corner.

It was relatively even leading up to half-time. Both teams had similar xG and chances. 42 minutes in though, Ricardo played a lofted ball out wide to Brooks, who volleyed it first time across the box where Moukoko was there to head it in at the back post! 1 - 0 to Derby!

Bolton responded well after the break, and kept the ball for a long period despite intense Derby pressing. They worked the ball out to Kendry Paez, who played a delightful one-two with Misehouy and slotted it into the bottom right corner. 1 - 1. Game on!

Bolton really looked to take control of the game after that and Paez looked alive! The chances were few and far between for the next 25 minutes though. Bolton again kept the ball well and were very patient with their attacks. Braybrooke coming close on a couple of occasions.

The xG gap was starting to close as Bolton created these chances, and on 76 minutes they worked the ball to Firpo from a throw-in, who crossed it in for Balogun to rise and head home at the back stick! 2 - 1 to Bolton! It felt like it was coming.

Derby needed a response, and fast. They nearly got one when Mitchell broke through on 77 minute and fired a low shot which was parried out for a corner.

They stepped up the intensity and crowded the box in the final minutes, but a Junior Firpo head took the ball away from a waiting Brooks and the final whistle went! Bolton are going up!

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Good stuff Solius. Well done Bolton

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
My boys :drool: Is that the first time I've beat a caf opponent aswell?

Cheers for the write up! Paez seems like a beast and I'm glad that Baxter is doing well too, when I did a Bolton save he was good enough to go up to the Prem with so happy with how he's turning out here too.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Watching alto suddenly need to be careful with his budget is very funny btw.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are all the owners happy to allow transfers if the player already has an agreed transfer?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Isn't that already the case? I'm sure I've already done that