Gaming FM Owner Experiment | Season 10 done!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We simming on? If so will do it now and update for Jan transfers tomorrow morning.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was worried about sackings and it's purely poachings ffs. Howe went to Villa early Jan but I've moved him back in Feb.

Update tomorrow!

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Were you actually bidding for him?

I identified him and another player at the start that I wanted but needed a DM more than him so didn't even bother bidding, went for Pavlovic straight away.
We thought Pavlovic wasn’t good enough.
Ouedraogo nice signing I considered him before
Is he decent?
I'll hide the 199 PA player in one of your shortlists (maybe)
You can’t hide it in one but not all. You’ve just given alto his manger back :lol: Estevao didn’t exist for us for a few seasons.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We thought Pavlovic wasn’t good enough.

Is he decent?

You can’t hide it in one but not all. You’ve just given alto his manger back :lol: Estevao didn’t exist for us for a few seasons.
I assume Solius is running the new 24.3 update where he's been upgraded and is one of the top DMs to snap up. I also noticed he had 15 assists from deep which is pretty snazzy.

Plus Poch plays with two DMs I think and I sold a bunch in my clear out so that position was a priority for me. :D

BenitoSTARR

Scout
I assume Solius is running the new 24.3 update where he's been upgraded and is one of the top DMs to snap up. I also noticed he had 15 assists from deep which is pretty snazzy.

Plus Poch plays with two DMs I think and I sold a bunch in my clear out so that position was a priority for me. :D
I feel like not playing FM has probably been a disadvantage :lol: In going based on the conversations I’ve had within the Soccer Manager community (which often crosses over)

I don’t really have a PC to game from so is FM24 any good on console?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I feel like not playing FM has probably been a disadvantage :lol: In going based on the conversations I’ve had within the Soccer Manager community (which often crosses over)

I've never played it on console but I think they've upgraded it quite a bit this year. I'd probably just wait until FM25 though which is going to be bringing a new engine to the game which I imagine will improve the console version too.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I've played about 3 seasons of this FM and stopped after getting annoyed that it doesn't allow Vaduz to win the league.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

I used to play it a lot on PC, but about 10 years ago now. Got the Switch version this year and it's really good, would recommend.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
I used to play it a lot on PC, but about 10 years ago now. Got the Switch version this year and it's really good, would recommend.
Might be getting it then. Feel like if im enjoying the experiment I’ll enjoy it.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Derby
Estevao £1.2m
Moore £23.5m
Moukoko £68.5m
Diomande £32m
Scott £94.5m
Darvich £123m

Total Spend £344.7m

Sunderland
Sesko £42.5m
Yamal £73.5m
Garnacho £116.5m
Mainoo £32m
Charlier £18m
Seimen £66.5m

Total spend £349m

Sheffield United
Pino £68.5m
Wahi £34m
Scalvini £64.5m
Frimpong £63.5m
Neves £60m
Schjelderup £83.5m

Total spend £374m

Bolton
Costa £0
Plata £13.4m
Balogun £33.25m
Paez £68.5m
Yoro £70.5m
Pavlovic £57.5m

Total spend £243.15m

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
January 2029 notable transfers

Nobody really did anything, except Bolton.

In: Adewale Sunday (£7.5m), Alexandre Penetra (£33.5m), John Mercado (£8.5m), Owen Wijndal (£9.5m), Josue Marra (£5.25m)

Out: Mosquera (loan), Leonardo Sernicola (£5.5m)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Caf Club match-ups

Sheff Utd 2 - 0 Sunderland
Sheff Utd 2 - 2 Bolton

Derby 2 - 1 Sheffield Utd

Sunderland 1 - 1 Derby
Sunderland 0 - 2 Bolton

Bolton 4 - 1 Derby

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Big signings.

I assume some are regens. Is it possible to have a financial breakdown at the end of the season? I want to know why we seem to lose money very quickly, it's a bit worrying. :nervous:

sebsheep

Big signings.

I assume some are regens. Is it possible to have a financial breakdown at the end of the season? I want to know why we seem to lose money very quickly, it's a bit worrying. :nervous:
Probably down to the owner

sebsheep

:( I thought we'd spent the least but maybe AI me is spending it all on hookers and coke.
:lol:

Think we've now actually spent the least coming into this season.
Maybe that's where your extra cash went...

Season 6 - Run In New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
4th April 2029 - Run-In

So, bit of an odd season due to the work permit issues but all fixed now.

Sheff Utd top the caf pack despite losing their best player Pino for 6 months, and Wahi too. Jarrod Bowen has stepped up in a big way though and is the club's top scorer with 11 goals. Pino has 5 since his return. The club have had some bad exits from the cups this season, losing 2 - 0 to Lincoln City in the Carabao and then drawing 1 - 1 away to Sunderland in the FA Cup but losing the replay at home 2 - 0. They're in with a solid chance of getting europe though.

Bolton are smooth sailing considering last season's miracle escape. Liam Delap has been very good for them, as too has Paez. They reached the Fifth round of the FA Cup, beating Forest and Spurs on the way but eventually lost to Arsenal. Outside chance of europe maybe?

Sunderland are a one man club it seems. Sesko gets sent to the ether for 6 months and they nearly relegate themselves. They've recovered since his return though and are slowly climbing the table. They've also done very well in the cups. In the FA Cup they've beaten Sheff Utd, Aston Villa, Coventry and Watford. They now face Plymouth in the semi-final, so we could see our first Caf team in a top final (sorry play-off winners). They're also in the Quarters of the Europa League, where they take on Roma.

Derby will be happy with their position I think considering how difficult Bolton found it after coming up. Darvich has bagged 10 goals for them already, with Mikey Moore contributing 9 too. They've got Sheff Utd away in their next game, and then Forest, Leeds, Norwich, Brighton and Palace. So they should be ok!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sunderland were knocked out by Roma but they've made the FA Cup Final. They'll play Arsenal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol:

Think we've now actually spent the least coming into this season.
Maybe that's where your extra cash went...
True, by 30. I feel like the BB going from 200m to 95m is quite heavy. Feels like we eat it up far more than you all so interested why that is.
4th April 2029 - Run-In

So, bit of an odd season due to the work permit issues but all fixed now.

Sheff Utd top the caf pack despite losing their best player Pino for 6 months, and Wahi too. Jarrod Bowen has stepped up in a big way though and is the club's top scorer with 11 goals. Pino has 5 since his return. The club have had some bad exits from the cups this season, losing 2 - 0 to Lincoln City in the Carabao and then drawing 1 - 1 away to Sunderland in the FA Cup but losing the replay at home 2 - 0. They're in with a solid chance of getting europe though.

Bolton are smooth sailing considering last season's miracle escape. Liam Delap has been very good for them, as too has Paez. They reached the Fifth round of the FA Cup, beating Forest and Spurs on the way but eventually lost to Arsenal. Outside chance of europe maybe?

Sunderland are a one man club it seems. Sesko gets sent to the ether for 6 months and they nearly relegate themselves. They've recovered since his return though and are slowly climbing the table. They've also done very well in the cups. In the FA Cup they've beaten Sheff Utd, Aston Villa, Coventry and Watford. They now face Plymouth in the semi-final, so we could see our first Caf team in a top final (sorry play-off winners). They're also in the Quarters of the Europa League, where they take on Roma.

Derby will be happy with their position I think considering how difficult Bolton found it after coming up. Darvich has bagged 10 goals for them already, with Mikey Moore contributing 9 too. They've got Sheff Utd away in their next game, and then Forest, Leeds, Norwich, Brighton and Palace. So they should be ok!
Bit of a rubbish season by us all really. We are all getting low on money but think we all need to get a big money player in this summer to make that final step up into Europe like Sunderland.

Season 6 - End New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 6 - End - 16th May 2029

And there we have it. A season of mediocrity really but all Caf teams look fully established and shouldn't fear relegation providing the experiment runner remembers to check work permits in future.

Sheff Utd will face a wait to see if they play in Europe. I think it depends on the co-efficient and also whether Sunderland can win the FA Cup. That is coming up and then I'll post stats and financials

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Decent season in the end and not too far off Europe. Very interested to see what players are in range now as I expect there could be some tasty individuals.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I hope Arsenal batter Sunderland

Season 6 - FA Cup Final New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Sesko the man for the big stage as he opened the scoring, but Arsenal fired back twice to take the lead. Kudus equalised for the Black Cats and after that it was even stevens. The game went to ET and then penalties. Here is the shootout:

SCORES! 1 - 0
SCORES! 1 - 1
SCORES! 2 - 1
SCORES! 2 - 2
SCORES! 3 - 2
SCORES! 3 - 3
SCORES! 4 - 3
SCORES! 4 - 4
MISSES! 4 - 4 still!
SCORES! Sunderland win the FA Cup!!

Big congrats to alto and his Sunderland boys.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Seimen destroys the arse.

Congrats though alto, you're winning the experiment so far!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This means that Sheffield Utd get the Europa Conference League. Sunderland get Europa League.