Music Foals

Quinton Fortune

They're back on the 11th of February with their 3rd album 'Holy Fire'. Gotta say I absolutely love this band these days, wasn't too keen on the first album but the second album had me hooked and linked me full circle back to the first which I love now.

This album is going to go straight in at number one and I'd imagine they're going to be the big british band of the year.

3 tracks have been showcased off the new album:

Inhaler:

Late Night:

My Number:

Any other fans?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I completely forgot about this band. I loved them around their first album. Saw them twice in Sheffield. First time was brilliant but second not so much, more down to the shit crowd though to be fair. I hear they face the audience now when they play.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I enjoyed their first album and Total Life Forever. I heard them sing Inhaler on Jools the other day though and it really put me off. He was screaming and shouting into the mic which was an odd change.

Quinton Fortune

I enjoyed their first album and Total Life Forever. I heard them sing Inhaler on Jools the other day though and it really put me off. He was screaming and shouting into the mic which was an odd change.
It's not meant to be representative of the album at all and reviewers have said they found it a bit strange to put it as the lead single. My Number is about as good of a straight up pop rock song I've heard in years.

Spanish Sahara is incredible though and im really digging late night off the new record.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah Spanish Sahara is probably my favourite of theirs. Love a bit of Red Sox Pugie as well.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I got into them when I first heard their Daytrotter session, and especially "Heavy Water", years ago. I loved "Antidotes" and "Total Life Forever", I really enjoyed the way they evolved their sound. And I really like "Inhaler" by the way, and its sort of deep, heavy riff. Looking forward to listening to the whole album.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Didn't think Antidotes was any better than okay, sounded a bit too similar to a lot of other bands. Total Life Forever was fantastic though, their sound developed in a big way, they sounded much more "grown up" and like they had found their own sound.

Just listened to Holy Fire for the first time, first impressions were good. Have to listen to it a few more times before I make up my mind but I suspect I'm going to like it a lot. Late Night struck me as the stand out track, his voice sounds fantastic on it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The new album is really good, probably my favourite piece of work from them. Hopefully they'll put Poland on their tour list in the Summer as we got some good festivals and they're recognised here so would certainly draw a lot of people in.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Bump.

Their new album is released tomorrow and leaked earlier today. Band I really like, even Antidotes has grown on me more as time goes on. Still think they're at their best live though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Incredible band.

Up there with Alt-J at the top of my list.

justboy68

I was just about to makea thread about the new album. Fantastic band and this new album has only reinforced that, loving it so far. Best current British band around in my opinion. Mountain At My Gates is a belter.

Moby

Dick
Really nice band, quite like a few of their songs.

Is this what you would categorize as typical mainstream new age British casual pop-rock-ish music? Hear a lot of similar stuff on the radio these days, but by radio I mean Absolute Radio that I play in the kitchen when cooking :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Like the album but it does slump a bit in the middle. All of their albums are a bit like that mind.

Sgt.Major

I like 'em. Bought "Holy Fire" a few years ago, still listen to it regularly.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
fecking love them, one of my favourite bands. Has the album dropped?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Definitely be trying to get tickets for the Trinity show. Saw them a few years ago in Portugal and they were fantastic.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
If you preorder the album now you can jump the queue to order tickets for their live shows. I’m about to order their cd and I don’t even own a cd player! If you pm me your address I’ll post it to you when I get it.
This feels like a trap :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Never listened to them much but they've got some pretty good songs, will try giving them more of a listen.

Partner was saying how they told him they had 20 songs and couldn't decide what songs to cut so just decided to release two albums. They were in the office the other month and they dress like such hipsters.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Never listened to them much but they've got some pretty good songs, will try giving them more of a listen.

Partner was saying how they told him they had 20 songs and couldn't decide what songs to cut so just decided to release two albums. They were in the office the other month and they dress like such hipsters.
Hmmm. Typically the curse with double albums is that it later turns out there are definitely eight or nine weak tracks that should have been cut.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hmmm. Typically the curse with double albums is that it later turns out there are definitely eight or nine weak tracks that should have been cut.
The way I listen to music these days I’m more or less completely removed from the concept of albums, so don’t care if there’s a load of filler. The more new tracks the better really. Hence buying this fecking CD is boiling my piss a little.

Massive Spanner

The way I listen to music these days I’m more or less completely removed from the concept of albums, so don’t care if there’s a load of filler. The more new tracks the better really. Hence buying this fecking CD is boiling my piss a little.
I can't really see the Trinity series gig selling out straight away, though, so is it worth it?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can't really see the Trinity series gig selling out straight away, though, so is it worth it?
I'd say it's definitely worth it, now that I have two tickets in my hands right now and don't have to stress about missing out when they go on general sale tomorrow :cool:

Also just realised it's the final night of their European tour, so should be a belter. I'd be amazed if it didn't sell out straight away.

Massive Spanner

I'd say it's definitely worth it, now that I have two tickets in my hands right now and don't have to stress about missing out when they go on general sale tomorrow :cool:

Also just realised it's the final night of their European tour, so should be a belter. I'd be amazed if it didn't sell out straight away.
As in the 56 quid one that's on their site? Feck that, that's more than the ticket :lol:

arthurka

Like them a lot .. But I have problems with bands that dont have all their music available for streaming...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They have the odd decent track but their records are patchy as feck.

Massive Spanner

Nice one. Can I sell you a CD of their new album?
:lol: Nah mate, stream it and save myself the 20 quid.

Missus has pulled the whole "well I don't really like them or listen to them so I'm not paying you for the ticket, but I'll go with you". Twunt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was wary of this due to a (justified) mistrust of double albums but it sounds pretty good on first few listens.