Football Betting Thread 12/13

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Although Norwich are utter shit, I'm not sure I fancy West Brom today even at those very good odds. Fancy Everton at 3/4 and Spurs at evens.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Huge game for Norwich though - almost must win.

WBA have naff all to play for, i'd avoid it.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Huge game for Norwich though - almost must win.

WBA have naff all to play for, i'd avoid it.
I fell into the same trap with Wigan and Swansea the other night...

Besides, Steve Clarke has been harping on about breaking the 50 point barrier with West Brom for weeks now, saying that that is their priority as they've never achieved it before. West Brom also strike me as a club that don't get complacent, hence my thinking that they'll be going for it today.

Diablodave

Man utd at 1.8 to get over 0.5 cards today.

I trebled this with Everton for 0.5 cards and Stoke for 1.5 cards(already home and dry) a tenner on the 3 bringing £45 home

Buchan

Stu posted this in the Horse Racing thread earlier. I hope you don't mind me sticking it in here, mate.

Been told Stuart McCall for Everton job. 28-1 skybet

Don't really believe it and I know it's not horse related
Personally, I could see it happening. Martinez has said he's not wholly interested in it (being relegated tonight might change his tune), Mackay will hardly leave Cardiff after bringing them up, Lennon isn't quite fancied by the Everton supporters and besides he seems to be happy monopolising the SPL. Poyet might be tempted after Brighton failed to get promoted, but he's a Liverpool sympathiser so he wouldn't be a popular choice.

McCall could get the nod, you know. SPL Manager of the Year 2012/13 and guided Motherwell to 3rd in the table, finishing in the Champions League berths for the first time in their history. He'd be a cheap appointment too, which would suit Kenwright. EX-Evertonian as well so he'd be sure to get the fans onside.

I could buy that. 28/1 is a smashing price. Could be worth a few spare sheckles if you've got some lying around.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I've been on him at 50/1 on betfair since the FA cup final. Can't see Martinez leaving after that, in my opinion.

Buchan

Everton @ 4/1 and Villa @ 5/2 are overpriced today I feel. Chelsea have third sewn up, will have been celebrating all week and have a few injuries too. Moyes would love to sign off with a win and are going for a record Premier League points total with three points today. I'd consider them outsiders, but not 4/1 outsiders.

For Chelsea's celebrations, see Wigan. They're relegated now, have nothing to play for and will surely be in a downward slump after Tuesday's result. Villa have been good on their travels recently and I see Benteke, Wiemann and Agbonlahor doing damage against that porous Wigan defence. In fact, from a person who has backed Villa numerous times away from home this season and got some terrific prices along the way, the 5/2 for them to win today is among the best value of the season.

The double pays 17/2 and offers value I think. I'd price it up as being no more than a 6/1 shot.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You can't argue that dead rubber games offer any sort of value mate.

Good luck regardless.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Everton @ 4/1 and Villa @ 5/2 are overpriced today I feel. Chelsea have third sewn up, will have been celebrating all week and have a few injuries too. Moyes would love to sign off with a win and are going for a record Premier League points total with three points today. I'd consider them outsiders, but not 4/1 outsiders.

For Chelsea's celebrations, see Wigan. They're relegated now, have nothing to play for and will surely be in a downward slump after Tuesday's result. Villa have been good on their travels recently and I see Benteke, Wiemann and Agbonlahor doing damage against that porous Wigan defence. In fact, from a person who has backed Villa numerous times away from home this season and got some terrific prices along the way, the 5/2 for them to win today is among the best value of the season.

The double pays 17/2 and offers value I think. I'd price it up as being no more than a 6/1 shot.
What kind of research are you doing before placing your bets? You realise Chelsea probably need to win to get their 3rd place whereas Everton will get nothing out of the game and can disappoint their manager all they want cuz he won't hang around any longer anyway.

On the other hand believe Chelsea are in such a shit condition right now, not only because of the drinking but the fact that many players are injuried and they don't have much to pick from. From what I've seen lately they are very weak attackingwise and will need a lot of luck to get their chance. Everton is not a team you roll over easily as they are in great form at the moment.

Decotron

Fancy a few draws today. Did a few cross doubles and trebles.
Backed Everton @ 9/2 last night.
United and Liverpool to win from behind.
Cisse 3/1, J Evans 13/1 and Remy 4/1 to score anytime
Derry 6/1, S Taylor 4/1 to get shown a card anytime.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Cripes, calm down, mate. I made a Freudian Slip and you're all over it. You know I meant Champions League qualification sewn up.
I'm not upset - I just get fecking furious seeing people not doing their research job correctly. What if people read this and take your advice. There's no disclaimer in this thread saying anything about mistakes or responsibility for lost money.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not upset - I just get fecking furious seeing people not doing their research job correctly. What if people read this and take your advice. There's no disclaimer in this thread saying anything about mistakes or responsibility for lost money.
There doesn't need to be as it isn't a tipping thread. It is a place to say what you fancy or have on. No-one is forced to put the bet on and if the extent of someone's research into a bet is based upon reading this thread then it is their own fault if they lose.

20solskjaer

Furious? Would you like to know what I look like when united just lost me 400 euro by losing despite being 3 goals up twice? I fecking hate football.
It was a draw was it not? Are you fecking furious that you clearly didnt do your research before posting in this thread?

white text

Agent Red

:lol: nahealai, I've enjoyed your tips on here but I hadn't realised you were the caf's resident full timer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I asked this a bit a go but have just been reminded of it.

I want to but a transfer double on. Fellaini to join, Rooney to leave. Anyone know how to do it on the SkyBet website/app?

onesaf

I asked this a bit a go but have just been reminded of it.

I want to but a transfer double on. Fellaini to join, Rooney to leave. Anyone know how to do it on the SkyBet website/app?
You mustn't be able to do it as a double, I just had a look there on Skybet and you can get Rooney @ 4/6 to leave United and Fellaini to join United @ 1/2 but it is not combining them for the double.