Football Betting Thread 2016/2017

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah fair enough , but with Scottish football being so bad and Celtic depleted, thought there may be some value somewhere. I'll avoid.
Scottish football isn't that bad. Celtic are a very good side, possibly the best side in the qualifiers, the rest of the league isn't a reflection upon them. Rangers v Progress was a freak game. St Johnstone only lost to Trakai as Trakai are mid season, Lithuanian football is abysmal, follow Scottish all my life and followed Lithuanian religiously for a couple of years from 14-16. If Saints played them mid season, it would end like 5-1 over two legs.

Potential bets for me tonight, RB Salzburg -0.5 (win). Opinion is that Croatian teams are overrated, especially away from home.
Celtic -1 asian if Dembele or Griffiths start (they aren't definitely out, just maybes)
Quite like Beer Sheva, although haven't looked into their squad properly as have been busy with friendlies and youth competitions for the past week. Were impressive in Europe last season at home. Might be nice in play.

devil in me

Scottish football isn't that bad. Celtic are a very good side, possibly the best side in the qualifiers, the rest of the league isn't a reflection upon them. Rangers v Progress was a freak game. St Johnstone only lost to Trakai as Trakai are mid season, Lithuanian football is abysmal, follow Scottish all my life and followed Lithuanian religiously for a couple of years from 14-16. If Saints played them mid season, it would end like 5-1 over two legs.

Potential bets for me tonight, RB Salzburg -0.5 (win). Opinion is that Croatian teams are overrated, especially away from home.
Celtic -1 asian if Dembele or Griffiths start (they aren't definitely out, just maybes)
Quite like Beer Sheva, although haven't looked into their squad properly as have been busy with friendlies and youth competitions for the past week. Were impressive in Europe last season at home. Might be nice in play.
Cheers for the advice mate. I dont think ive ever heard anyone say they studied Lithuanian football religiously!!
Im on Red Bull DnB and Kiev win atm, might look at some goals in the later games if it comes in. Ill see how the celtic game starts .

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Cheers for the advice mate. I dont think ive ever heard anyone say they studied Lithuanian football religiously!!
Im on Red Bull DnB and Kiev win atm, might look at some goals in the later games if it comes in. Ill see how the celtic game starts .
Haha, there is probably very few people who do! Was decent money to be made following in at that point but fixing got more and more rife which made it difficult.

Kiev was a great bet, well played.

Celtic playing a CM up top tonight, definitely one to watch in play.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Made some money on Rosenborg yesterday, as soon as I saw Dembele and Griffiths were out Celtic were always going to struggle against a side 17 games into their season. Mainly bet in-play but picked out a couple of trebles to bet on pre-game for some interest.

Ostersunds v CS Fola Esch - BTTS
Freiburg v NK Domzale - BTTS
Everton -1.5 Asian Handicap

Pays around 7/1.

Dinamo Zagreb and Gent to win, AC Milan over 1.5 goals. Pay around 1.7/1.

Danny Roberts

Everton -1.5 looks a safe enough bet to me but can't see BTTS in the Freiburg game. I'm gonna have a punt on Rooney to score first tonight for Everton just for a bit of fun more than anything serious.

MullerUtd

Won quite a bit of dough on USA CONCAF Gold Cup championship win so I've placed a pretty significant bet on a 14 game accumulator which is literally the safest possible way where you look at all the matches and ask "What can possibly go wrong?" but it never turns out that easy.

I wanted to add Bilbao to qualify to my accumulator but the match already started so the line got suspended. :mad:

Last edited:

Danny Roberts

Each to their own but going for such a "nailed on" acca is terrible value in my opinion. Just picking one evens bet you have researched and feels offers real value is, I would suggest, much more likely to yield a success.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Few bets I'll be keeping an eye on in-play later today:

Bochum v St Pauli - BTTS
IR v Haukar - BTTS
Sonderjyske to beat Helsingor

RoyoftheRavers

I'm currently doing a thesis, which involves a survey on the digital channel activity and preferences of those who like a bet from time to time. Would I be allowed to post a link to the survey here?

Thanks.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I'm currently doing a thesis, which involves a survey on the digital channel activity and preferences of those who like a bet from time to time. Would I be allowed to post a link to the survey here?

Thanks.
Go for it.

RoyoftheRavers

Okay above folks, I'm currently doing a thesis study involving the betting habits and digital channel preferences for those who like a bet sometimes.

So if you've placed at least one bet over the last three months could you fill out this survey please? Should only take 5/10 minutes. Thanks a lot.

Betting survey for sport fans

Aza Boy

Okay above folks, I'm currently doing a thesis study involving the betting habits and digital channel preferences for those who like a bet sometimes.

So if you've placed at least one bet over the last three months could you fill out this survey please? Should only take 5/10 minutes. Thanks a lot.

Betting survey for sport fans
Done, mate. Some confusing questions for me, perhaps due my bad english. Hahahaha. Good luck for your thesis.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Over 3.0 cards in the England Netherlands match @ 1.975.

Not much to say really, semifinal, nerves, England reserve keeper playing due to injury to first choice which will make the defense slightly more nervous. Also see niggly fouls near the end of one team has a narrow lead, also time wasting. Can't see there being less than 3 cards so money back atleast I'd expect.

Danny Roberts

Over 3.0 cards in the England Netherlands match @ 1.975.

Not much to say really, semifinal, nerves, England reserve keeper playing due to injury to first choice which will make the defense slightly more nervous. Also see niggly fouls near the end of one team has a narrow lead, also time wasting. Can't see there being less than 3 cards so money back atleast I'd expect.
4 bookings I think? Nice bet. I was on BTTS "no" but wasn't expecting it to end 3-0 to the Dutch!

dannymc1309

As this is a betting thread, i've linked a comment i made in a dream team thread. See below if this is of any interest to you!

I've run a 40-50 member works mini league at £10 entry for years now. The standard is pretty poor with the same names in contention year after year so +EV if anybody fancies a go.

1st/2nd/3rd prizes (usually between 40-50 players). 3 transfers per month, make and manage your own team on the website or app.

League Name
RTC DREAM TEAM

Ask me for pin!

Carlsen19

First four-fold of the season for me tonight, 1 goal away from £195. I can tell this season is going to go like every other one before it :)

Carlsen19

Very random but Iwata look way overpriced in the Japanese J-League tomorrow morning.

MullerUtd

Dortmund vs Bayern Munich in the German Super Cup tonight. Dortmund win/draw looks like a great bet, I think they can even win in 90 minutes. Bayern Munich has like 6 or 7 first team players out and they have had a terrible preseason. The match is also played at Signal Iduna Park and Dortmund is unbeaten at home against any German team at home since April 2015.

£500 on Dortmund win or draw @1.7
£250 on Dortmund win FT @3

Last edited:

MullerUtd

What a shit performance by Jubilo Iwata...burn out my accas...
Japanese football is like AFCON. It's fecking unpredictable and sometimes the results make me laugh. An underdog beating a huge favourite 4-2, 5-4 scorelines. I haven't bet on J League for years but I remember back in the days when I'd have a cheeky bet on some matches and I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry after I checked the results on livescore. Boggles your mind. :lol:

Aza Boy

Japanese football is like AFCON. It's fecking unpredictable and sometimes the results make me laugh. An underdog beating a huge favourite 4-2, 5-4 scorelines. I haven't bet on J League for years but I remember back in the days when I'd have a cheeky bet on some matches and I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry after I checked the results on livescore. Boggles your mind. :lol:
Hahahaha...bad day, i guess. In other time it is profitable the Jleague is.

Wait for my Championship Parlays.

And will close this day with French league.

If the bad day continues, glasses of scotch are waiting..hahahaha

NoPace

Season bets I've made so far:

Top goalscorer, Prem:
Benteke, 50-1
Firmino, 50-1

Top goalscorer, Liverpool:
Firmino, 4.5-1

Top goalscorer, Everton:
Klassen, 10-1
Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 33-1

Top goalscorer, Manchester United:
Mkhitaryan, 16-1

Top goalscorer, Manchester United:
Arnautovic, 8-1

Watford, over 38 points, +137

Southampton under 51 points, +150
Southampton, to finish in bottom half, +150

West Brom under 41 points, +110

Iheanacho 20 or more goals, 20 to 1
Iheanacho over 10.5 goals, +100

Berahino over 7.5 goals, -110

Deeney under 9.5 goals, -110

Sevilla, La Liga without Barca or Real Madrid, 7 to 1

EvilChuck

Starting this season, mostly small bets on accas just for a bit of fun and possibly a bit of cash on the side. I followed a few people on the soccer betting subreddit, and won 2 recommended ones over the weekend.

So for tuesday i have £2 on Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Southend, Bristol Rovers, Bradford, Cardiff and Wigan all to win in the league cup for a potential £98 return

Most likely a £2 loss though knowing my luck :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I had a 6-fold with Dinamo Bucuresti, IFK Norrkoping, Djurgardens IF or Malmo, Rio Ave or draw, Rijeka and Barcelona clean sheet.

Of course they all came in apart from Rijeka (they had TWO fecking players sent off!!). I did win a couple of accas last week but the one-game curse has struck early this season. Looks like I'll also be carrying on where I left off last season.

Gonna start a new thread if anybody wants to repost some recent posts there too.

Last edited:

GrandJury

Bet365 inplay offer available for Friday however people are being offered different amounts up to £50.

I got the £50 so I think I'll try and go big for the first game

Danny Roberts

I didn't get it! Seems they have been making the in-play invite-only for a while and I tend to only bet with them whenever they have an offer. Tend to use Betfair or BetVictor mainly so I guess they don't think I'm worth a freebie.