Football Betting Thread 2017/2018

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So that time has come when I resume my weekly donations to the bookmaking fraternity. I'll post my charitable contributions to those deserving folk here.

Good luck all for the new season. Hope to see some good winners on here. :D

If @Damien could do the honours please. Thanks.

Marty1968

First 5-fold of the season - Birmingham, Bristol City, Fulham, QPR and Reading. Let's go!

GrandJury

Thinking of lumping 1000 on Real to win La Liga at evens.

Aza Boy

Madrid@0 is 1.62 at Mansion88. So generous. $100 for 90 minutes play for them.

Baxter

It cant be worse than last season....can it??
I started the season as good as the last. Had Dortmund on as the last leg on Saturday, and they went onto concede the shittest own goal equaliser in the 90th minute.

Madrid and Falkirk @ 3.82.

I'll wait to see the line-ups though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
1. Celtic, FC Viitorul Constanta, Tranmere Rovers, Wolves, Slovan Bratislava, Sheff Wed, Real Madrid or Man United

2. Hapoel Be'er Sheva or draw, Osasuna, SK Sigma Olomouc, Legia Warsaw, Wolfsburg, Birmingham City, Norwich

3. England U19 W, Bristol City, Hradec Kralove, Millwall or draw, Den Bosch, Hibernian, Lanus, QPR or draw

Will do some fun RequestABets on SkyBet later once the teams are confirmed to make the game more interesting.

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Exeter are worth a look at tonight in the EFL cup v Charlton, I got on them this morning, odds have shortened since. Charlton are supposed to be playing a second XI.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just some of the low-stake bets on the game tonight to keep my interest peaked:

1. Ronaldo and Lukaku to score and United to win 2-1 @34.00
2. Real Madrid to win, BTTS, under 12 match corners and 20+ booking points each team @12.00
3. Real madrid to win, BTTS, Marcelo and Lindelof to be carded @51.00
4. Isco and Mkhitaryan to score and Marcelo, Ramos, Herrera and Matic to be carded @501.00
5. Lukaku and Mkhitaryan to score and Ramos and Smalling to be carded @101.00
6. Bale to score, Real Madrid 2-1 and Smalling and Lindelof to be carded @201.00
7. Mkhitaryan to score, United to win and BTTS @11.00
8. Mkhitaryan to score first, United to win 3-1 and Modric and Pogba to be carded @501.00
9. BTTS, over 2.5 goals, 5+ corners each team and Ramos to be carded @17.00
10. Over 2.5 goals, 5+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team @11.00
11. Lindelof, Modric, Carvajal and Marcelo to be carded @201.00
12. Lukaku to score, 5+ corners each team and Ramos to be carded @23.00
13. 4+ corners each team, 20+ booking points each team and United to lift the trophy @10.00
14. United to win 3-2 @34.00
15. Real Madrid to win 2-1 @9.00

Plus a few more. Stakes ranging from £0.30 to £4.00 as just for fun.

Jagga7

Woop woop the betting season is back! Not touching this game though but excited to see the thread.

MullerUtd

I went for the following:
$500 on Man Utd to win or draw @1.9
$200 on Man Utd to win the UEFA Super Cup @2.5
$1,500 on Both Team To Score @1.63

freeurmind

weak willed
How do some of you explain to your wives/gfs the amounts you bet lol?

Aza Boy

Barca would win La Liga.

I don't think a Real Madrid win is as straight-forward as it seems. You are betting against a Jose team in a one-off cup final? Good luck.
Easy peasy litle missy, mate. If it is not cause my love of United, i will put it more.

Soon after seeing Real starting line up, i know it was a win already

The technical gap between us and Real, sadly so so far.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
3. England U19 W, Bristol City, Hradec Kralove, Millwall or draw, Den Bosch, Hibernian, Lanus, QPR or draw
Just some of the low-stake bets on the game tonight to keep my interest peaked:

2. Real Madrid to win, BTTS, under 12 match corners and 20+ booking points each team @12.00

15. Real Madrid to win 2-1 @9.00
Got a few winners today so all good. Just waiting on Lanus now for the last acca to come in.

Edit: Thank you Lanus! Getting the winner in the 85th minute.

Last edited:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
So on Saturday my four-fold was let down by Stevenage who were 3-1 up against Newport and drew 3-3 (94th minute equaliser).

I then put £20 on a BTTS/over 20 booking points each and over 4 corners each in the Munich-Dortmund game, ended up needing just 1 more Dortmund corner.

Then tonight I did an over 1.5 20-fold in the Carabao Cup and lower leagues, all came in except 1 game.

17/18 off to a flyer. :)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So on Saturday my four-fold was let down by Stevenage who were 3-1 up against Newport and drew 3-3 (94th minute equaliser).

I then put £20 on a BTTS/over 20 booking points each and over 4 corners each in the Munich-Dortmund game, ended up needing just 1 more Dortmund corner.

Then tonight I did an over 1.5 20-fold in the Carabao Cup and lower leagues, all came in except 1 game.

17/18 off to a flyer. :)
Wow, that's a bit harsh!

Marty1968

Next up for today: Leeds, Aberdeen, Rangers, Porto, Benfica, Sheff Utd and Gremio. 6.35/1

Sheff Utd are my only worry as may be saving a few players for their away game against Boro on Saturday...

Danny Roberts

Looking forward to the proper action starting on Friday myself. I quite fancy Huddersfield at 4/1. Few decent signings and lots of positivity.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
For today:

1. Aston Villa, Leeds United, Rangers, AC Milan or draw, FC Porto, Ludogorets, FK Trakai, Rosenborg, Steaua Bucharest, Zalgiris or draw, Sheffield United, Olympiakos, CSKA Moscow

2. Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Al Ahly, Banik Ostrava, FK Senica, Dalkurd FF, BSC Young Boys, Chonburi, Partizan Belgrade, Brommapojkarna or draw, Gremio, PAOK

3. Zenit St. Petersburg, Tambov, Vojvodina, Sassuolo, Neuchatel Xamax or draw, Aberdeen, Dukla Prague, Maardu, Kristiansund or draw, Gornik Zabre, FC Slovacko

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Looking forward to the proper action starting on Friday myself. I quite fancy Huddersfield at 4/1. Few decent signings and lots of positivity.
Their squad looks easily one of the worst in the league for me.

EvilChuck

Have 13/1 on +2.5 Porto, +1.5 in the Villa game, +2.5 on the Leeds game, BTTS Dundee derby, BTTS in the Sheff utd game, Rangers to win, and Benfica to win.

Benfica are the last result, winning 2-1 at half time. Will make up for yesterdays shitter, 4 out of 7 results went against me

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Had an over 2.5 goals 7-fold let down by 1 game as well tonight for £350. Taking a break now for a while.
Come on now! :eek:

It's early days yet. You usually do quite well.

My accas were close tonight as well. I would have expected Zenit, Steaua Bucharest, PAOK, Partizan, Ludogorets, Young Boys and Olympiakos to get a result tonight. But I'm sure I'll soon get back in the swing when the teams settle down and transfer window shuts. Just starting low to begin with anyway.

Marty1968

Next up for today: Leeds, Aberdeen, Rangers, Porto, Benfica, Sheff Utd and Gremio. 6.35/1

Sheff Utd are my only worry as may be saving a few players for their away game against Boro on Saturday...
2 from 2! You guys are welcome!! Hope you lumped on.

gaz1185

That's harsh. Don't think anyone expected Young Boys to lose to Thun at home, let alone get trashed 4-0!
It was ridiculous, after the start they had to the season (including conceding no goals prior) I thought they were a banker. They dominated last night too, it just seems every shot Thun had turned to gold :(

GrandJury

£50 on over 0.5 goals for the Bet365 qualifying bet.

Either going to go Arsenal win & BTTS at 2/1 or Arsenal 2-1 at 8/1. Considering it's the start of the season I'm probably just going to go the safer route to hopefully build some bank then lump 100 tomorrow on a fairly safe evens bet.

Danny Roberts

Over 0.5 is the easy option but stranger things have happened. I usually lay the pre-match bet at Betfair for a small profit or loss. Or at least I used to when Bet365 still gave me these bonuses!

L11

Anyone else not able to place their bet within the first two minutes of the game? Was going to put it on arsenal win Btts, but first time odds were available the first goal had been scored