'Football Club' to return to badge

Stickles

Does anyone prefer the badge not to have "Football Club" on it?

If anyone does, then I'd be interested to know their reasons. The way I see it, there are one or two fair reasons for adding it back, but I don't know any good reason against adding the words back onto the badge.
To play devil's advocate...

If you work in marketing you'd much rather have the name 'Manchester United' in as big a writing as possible on it rather than share space with what could even in the best spirit in the world be described as fairly redundant lettering.

I think returning it would be a nice touch but I guess that would be an argument for not reinstating it to the badge as was likely the argument for removing it in the first place.

JmRssll555

To play devil's advocate...

If you work in marketing you'd much rather have the name 'Manchester United' in as big a writing as possible on it rather than share space with what could even in the best spirit in the world be described as fairly redundant lettering.

I think returning it would be a nice touch but I guess that would be an argument for not reinstating it to the badge as was likely the argument for removing it in the first place.
Yeah totally, I understand that perspective, and it's a legitimate one. Essentially, the brand logo has to be as simple and eye catching as possible.

I meant more from a fan's point of view though. Surely nobody here on the Caf would prefer the badge to stay the way it is?

Stickles

Yeah totally, I understand that perspective, and it's a legitimate one. Essentially, the brand logo has to be as simple and eye catching as possible.

I meant more from a fan's point of view though. Surely nobody here on the Caf would prefer the badge to stay the way it is?
My biggest problem was always the yellow. Gold -fine. Even a darker yellow would be good. Its too bold and bright. Which I realise is exactly what marketing would want....

Goooose

I know football is a business, and United are big business, but it would be good to see the club do something for the fans like that.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Does anyone prefer the badge not to have "Football Club" on it?

If anyone does, then I'd be interested to know their reasons. The way I see it, there are one or two fair reasons for adding it back, but I don't know any good reason against adding the words back onto the badge.

Well it's the crest we've won 2/3 of our European cups wearing. Thats about it. I fully agree with your sentiment.

NinjaFletch

I think the old one is too crowded and makes for a worse badge. From that point of view I prefer the status quo.

Iron Stove

We should get two Nike 13/14 Incyte balls onto the badge to replace the boring old fashioned balls that are currently there. Maybe we could get Ronaldo through Nike if we did that for them, with visible swoosh and all. Ronaldo + modern, stylish badge balls = win win.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is in with a shout of being the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Certainly, as far as football goes, its the best version of any crest, ever made.

Send it to the club.
I agree. Everyone bombard United with emails of it, if we don't get Fabregas then maybe Woodward could give us this!

Shark

@NotShark
The only thing I'd like to change is the yellow coloring, which makes it look too cartoonish. I'd perfer gold, but otherwise I like it the way it is. It looks more modern without 'football club' IMO.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Couldn't find it either - but you can at least do it "manually" by punching in the BB code at either end, which is what I did here.

Anyway, that's brilliant, mate - thanks alot!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, that only partially worked: Seems the whole thing gets a spoiler, including the text which comes after the second code. No idea why.

But thanks again for the pic, that's the main thing!

dmode

Doesn't make any difference to me anyway... we're really shit!

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
That's beautiful, decorativeed! One thing I really like about the current badge though, is how the shield is partially hidden by the top banner and slightly on top of the lower banner. It gives it a bit more vibrancy and depth.

JB7

Well, I prefer the badge without the words football club. Wouldn't mind seeing the yellow in the current badge replaced by gold, but adding the words football club to the badge just makes the whole thing look too skinny and ugly. Similar to Ashgabat, I like the shield being slightly covered, you won't get that properly with extra wording on it.

There. I said it.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'd also like to see the back of the horrible black outline of our current crest and maybe a return to the white background that we had in the 70s and 80s.

Here's my version of the crest:

That looks so classy, up there with the world's best football badges when you see it like that.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
So whatever happened with this idea? Not happening ever?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Another false promise from Woodward to appease us fans clearly.
Tbf he said that only last season. Changing the logo takes time too. I think we'll see something on this next season.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
It would make sense to do it next season, to have the new crest with the new kit manufacturer. As for Woody breaking a promise, I can't remember him actually making one, he just said it's something they would like.

Jev

Who cares anyway? It's a PR stunt and it's not like it makes any difference whatsoever.