Gaming Football Manager 2012

wr8_utd

:'(
Sparky hates Rooney so I'm not surprised at all but seriously 17m only? That's crazy

wr8_utd

I think I will stick with my original decision and hold off buying this until they've sorted out the transfer realism, if 17mil was all you could get for Rooney and Arsenal could match Rooney's wages then this isn't really a simulator.
I offered out Rooney just for fun and I was getting offers of upto 50m so no you can get way more than 17m

nimic

something nice
Scout
I think I will stick with my original decision and hold off buying this until they've sorted out the transfer realism, if 17mil was all you could get for Rooney and Arsenal could match Rooney's wages then this isn't really a simulator.
I'm sure you could get more eventually. But when he's just obviously trying to get rid of him, you're not going to get much. The realism is okay, the situation just wasn't.

Minkaro

What do you lot do for substitution teamtalks? I usually go for the calm "I have faith", or "you can make the difference"

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I traded in COD Black Ops and put some towards it as I got bored waiting for the crack.
I ordered a Steam FM 2012 key from a dodgy key site that sold it for 25 dollars. That was on Friday and now it's pretty much Tuesday and they still haven't delivered claiming they went out of stock and is waiting for more keys... So I just asked for a refund that I surely won't get even though they of course claim I will and then I have to buy the game at another more legit site for 35 dollars. 60 dollars just to play FM.... Last time I use a cheap key selling site despite several good experiences in the past.

CrazyBelgian

I'm thinking about selling Rooney too. Not because I hate him but he has been played out of the team by Young at the moment.

I started the season with a 4-4-2 with Young and Nani on the wings and Hernandez and Rooney as the strikers. Then Rooney, Macheda, Welbeck and Berbatov got injured all within the same week, so I thought I would try Young as a striker and everything just seem to fall into place. Team performance increased a lot with Young as the main player and fan favourite, Hernandez scoring a goal a game and Nani and Valencia playing superb too.

So now Rooney is back from injury but I can't find a spot in the team for him and he's not worth that salary if he only plays as a substitute.

Anyone actually playing Rooney? And how is he performing? He was quite invisible when I played him at the start of the season.

Oggmonster

I started a game as Newcastle as get bit bored of bieng United etc all the time but either this game is really easy or I've just started well? Signed Jaaskelainen, Sturridge (loan), Diarra on a free and seem a bit unbeatable. Won all 4 home games and drawn all 4 away, which doesn't sound that good but the 4 away were City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal!

I quite like the new team talk stuff though, it's improved on last year due to the "tone" stuff on it now and to be fair for all complaints about signings etc a lot of them on my game are quite realistic. The only stupid one I thought was United signed Cudicini despite the fact they have 4 decent keepers.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I decided to start with PSV, talented squad but no cash to spend. Leading the league atm so guess I will have to sign players next summer.

Leg-End

Got promoted couple weeks ago. Didn't think of the name myself, robbed from The Office. My creative mind can't think up genius like that
Oggy Oggy Oggy.

But yeah, whats Cleverley's stats like on this aka do I need to whip out the editor once I get it to rectify them. I can understand they don't give massive potential to players because its unrealistic but the last couple of FM games I have just found I need to give some of the United youth a boost so they can actually be good enough for my team 2-3 seasons down the line.

nimic

something nice
Scout
United is one of the best researched teams in the game. And we've got some good youngsters, and have had the past few FM's. You'll find fans of literally every team who think they have to go into the editor to "fix" their team, usually for the better.

Leg-End

Not doubting it, but like I said in my experience of FM2011 anyway I had to give a couple of the younger United players a potential boost just to make them decent enough players in the future. I'm not saying edit individual stats or anything like that, I only ever edit the potential stat.

Ludens the Red

Is it?

They're a bunch of aggresive mofo's it has to be said. Getting a red card every other game at the moment.
Bilbao, cos you know they only allow you to sign Basque players, which is racism really. You picked a racist team is what I'm trying to say.

CrazyBelgian

How do you guys adapt when playing away to Chelsea, City and the likes? I always try to play my own game, two in the middle etc. but lost at the Bridge and Anfield (2-1) doing that. Do you go counter attacking? More midfielders?

Minkaro

How do you guys adapt when playing away to Chelsea, City and the likes? I always try to play my own game, two in the middle etc. but lost at the Bridge and Anfield (2-1) doing that. Do you go counter attacking? More midfielders?
I tend to play a 4-2-3-1 formation against them, with a counter attacking mentality.

wr8_utd

Order placed finally. It'll be here early November. I can't believe I'm actually getting a physical copy of this here in India :lol:

Woodzy

The young German regen I posted a page or two back currently has 4 goals in about 9 games, and he's only recently turned 15 :drool:

My fear is that i'm bringing him in too early, but he's my fourth best striker and i'm worried his stats will drop if I leave him in the youth squad. Does anyone else hate looking at a youngsters attribute changes and seeing huge decreases?

From previous FM experience I usually bed players in from 17 onwards. I'm, worried 15 may be a bit too young. Although i'm hoping giving him around 20 - 25 appearances for the next couple of years will do more good than harm.

Name Changed

weso26
One question?

Is it worth buying? I haven't bought one since FM2010 and I still play that now and again.

Actually, 2 questions. Would I be better off waiting for the updates? I presume there are a shitload of bugs.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The young German regen I posted a page or two back currently has 4 goals in about 9 games, and he's only recently turned 15 :drool:

My fear is that i'm bringing him in too early, but he's my fourth best striker and i'm worried his stats will drop if I leave him in the youth squad. Does anyone else hate looking at a youngsters attribute changes and seeing huge decreases?

From previous FM experience I usually bed players in from 17 onwards. I'm, worried 15 may be a bit too young. Although i'm hoping giving him around 20 - 25 appearances for the next couple of years will do more good than harm.
I think you're doing the right thing. He doesn't need that many games to keep on track at that age.
In the last FM after the all the updates I had players better their potential. Like somehow the ass manager or scout with 20 at judging potential got it wrong.
I've also had players be 3,5* then go down to 3* and then up to 3,5* again. So I've learned to not take the first judgement as gospel. They can still turn out great and just bloom a bit later.

Aint gota Kalou

The main bug I've experienced is that it duplicates your youth team players if you offer them a contract when they're trainees and then later on pick "sign recommended players". This means that they're unable to get a squad number which means you can't play them.

Especially annoying as my prospect is rated 4.5* potential and was my fourth choice CB for the season, now I've got to cope until January with only 3 natural centre backs.

Ceks

Prefers em hot, and spicy
“We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but
This is the best FM there has ever been in my opinion. They seem to have got all the new features added over the last few years working as they should. This includes:

- contract negotiations with agents
- 3D match engine
- training regimes
- individual training
- press conferences
- team talks
- tactics

It also has the most speedy and easy to navigate interface there has ever been.

I've played one whole season and not encountered any bugs or anything wildly unrealistic.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Snow;10643980Like somehow the [B said:
ass manager [/B]or scout with 20 at judging potential got it wrong.
Is it really childish that this made me laugh alot?

Woodzy

I said it previously, but it definitely feels like more of a game. Even something as simple as making some of the buttons larger has helped it. Has more of the old Championship Manager feel to is.

A lot of people complain that there is too much effort and there is too much to do in it, but the things you can't be assed with you can just leave to your assistant or even not bother with them at all (i.e. training) and it would still play fine.

Flying Fox

Right so after 7 games with Athletic I'm scoring quite freely, but the biggest problem I have is fitness. Might have something to do with the combination of suspensions and injuries forcing my squad to play so many games, but there is something weird when the likes of Martinez, Iturraspe and Susaeta are 'exhausted' after 40 mins.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Rooney is no longer favoured personnel at United :)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The only player with a -10 potential (180-200 category) is

Do you really want to know.
Aaron Ramsey
Apparently. But you can expect 1-3 regens per year to have that much so its not necessarily worth breaking the bank for him. I got that info from the SI forums a few days ago so it might be wrong but I don't think it is.