Gaming Football Manager 2013

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Piece of shit Porto. I sold players for a total of £45m and they gave me a return of £10m transfer budget and barely increased the wage budget. Bitches. I wouldnt have sold those players in the first place if I knew I wouldnt get a big transfer kitty. They just swallow the rest of the money. I cant even sign players on a free since I dont have a big enough wage budget.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm in 8th at the halfway stage within League 2. I was on a wage budget of 16k but that's been reduced to 14k. To put into words how tiny this is in the League, i was offered the Wycombe job and would be given 375k transfer budget and 30k wage budget.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
:lol:

My wage budget with Lillehamer is 4.63k and i'm only using 3k of it. Currently on course for automatic promotion into the Tippeligaen after 19 games played. I think at the very least i'll be in the play offs. It's all a bit weird though because if i do get promoted i'll be the only semi-pro team in the top league, not sure really how all the converting to pro from semi-pro works.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck Southampton. Just resigned. We got to the Play-offs and then randomly lost 6 - 2 in the semi despite the most goals me conceding this season being about 4. This game is retarded.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I did. Everytime I lose a job I find one better though. Waited til November and got the Sunderland job. They're 1 point above the relegation zone but it's in the Premiership. Signed Sam Byram and Gary Hooper in the January transfer window.

SirAF

Ageist
I've only been playing FM 12 until this winter, then I took a break. Just downloaded the demo for 13, and jesus christ things have gotten advanced! :eek:

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I finished 3rd this season with Lillehammer which saw me into the playoffs. Ended up losing in the final but i think it's kind of good for me actually. This way i can improve the team again, we can get back on a good financial level and hopefully we can turn professional. We'll be in a much better position to go up next season and then survive when we do go up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
feck off. This game can just fecking feck off.

In the league 2 play-offs and i win the first leg 5-2. Excited for the second leg as i know a good performance will see my team through with ease.

I go up 2-0 and by half time it's 2-1. Nice, i'm 7-2 up on aggregate. Go on, fathom a guess as to what happens?

I lose 5 second half goals to lose the tie 6-2 and go out 8-7 on fecking aggregate.

They only had 6 shots on target the whole game too. :mad:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There's no hiding it. Sometimes the game just decides you're losing the match. Nothing you can do, stupid.

RDCR07

Also sometimes when I concede after the 70th minute, the rest of the game is just forwarded and how is my team supposed to score if they dont show what exactly is happening since all the goals are scored when they 'show' whats happening on the pitch.

RedMist99

haven't got the exact figures on me now as I'm at work but the amount of penalties I miss on this game is obscene. I reckon in one season I had ten penalties in all competitions and only scored one. Thing is, all my penalty takers have good stats for it.

it's infuriating

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, i got pissed at that save so i resigned but kept a save for when i want to go back to it.

Took Over Crewe who have just been promoted from League 2 into League 1. Got a £3 million transfer budget and 50k wage budget and they have some great youth players.

wr8_utd

:'(
These things never seem to happen with me luckily. When I lose, I lose fair and by a decent and realistic margin.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I have a screenshot of a champions league campaign with united from a few season back that had some crazy results.

1st knockout round v Real Madrid lose 3-1 away then win 9-2 at home
quarter final v PSG lose 5-2 away then win 4-0 at home
semi final v Dortmund lose 5-1 away then win 4-0 at home
and then i go and win the final with a boring 1-0 over Bayern.

I remember one back in Fm11 when I conceded 6 goals in the last half hour v Inter to lose the tie on aggregate.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Speaking of europe, do any of you change your tactics much?

I started the season in decent fashion, winning 4 of my first 5 and then went to Roma away and found myself 3-0 inside 10 minutes. It was like my back four turned into complete spastics.

RDCR07

Speaking of europe, do any of you change your tactics much?

I started the season in decent fashion, winning 4 of my first 5 and then went to Roma away and found myself 3-0 inside 10 minutes. It was like my back four turned into complete spastics.
Yeah I play different tactics in Europe especially away from home. I am managing smaller teams in FM 13 like Celtic, Porto and Spurs. So I play a counter strategy to start of with and not balanced. I play the 4-2-3-1 formation consistently. So usually its like the one below where the two defensive mids are EXACTLY on the half way line and there is this gap between them and the defense.

xx

xx-----xx------xx

xx-----xx

xx-----xx----xx----xx​

But away legs or against better teams I use the two defensive mids further back right in front of the back four and also their primary job is to defend. That really helps for me. I took Celtic and Porto to the Champions League semifinal using the below tactic in 2014 and 2016 respectively.

xx

xx-----xx------xx

xx-----xx
xx----xx------xx----xx​

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It started shit for me in Sunderland but in Jan I made a couple of tidy signings, had a bit of a staff overhaul and changed the formation. Just beaten Chelsea away (they're top of the league by ten points) and Arsenal at home. Hooper has been immense. We've shot up from 17th to 11th now.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just love when the inevitable run of 3-4 games where you get hammered comes around.

wr8_utd

Just love when the inevitable run of 3-4 games where you get hammered comes around.
Just lost to West Ham and Swansea (was 1-0 up on 87 mins) and have Everton and United coming up. So yes a long run of defeats coming up :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Returned to FM13 for the first time in about 6 months. Barely played the game at all. First time since I was 8 that it has happened with a manager game.

Had only played one season with Queens Park. Managed to go up via the playoffs. Of course Rangers destroyed the league. Very hard to get players. Manage the odd Icelandic player. They are much better then anything other that's available. Currently 2nd behind Rangers. Much thanks to guy that's great at set pieces.

wr8_utd

I used to play this constantly till FM 08. It's never been the same since it became 3D imo. Not once managed to have a save like I had back then.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I quite like the 3D engine. Simple reason that I haven't played this game much is that this football season hasn't been great IRL and actually caring about doing my homework properly.

I reckon I'll play it a lot in the next few months. I want that Scottish hero achievement. Never did bother with those achievements before but Icelandic players have gotten better in FM so it's more fun now to play lower leagues.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It started shit for me in Sunderland but in Jan I made a couple of tidy signings, had a bit of a staff overhaul and changed the formation. Just beaten Chelsea away (they're top of the league by ten points) and Arsenal at home. Hooper has been immense. We've shot up from 17th to 11th now.
Finished 11th in the end. In such better shape now than when I took over. Gary Hooper is immense. Scored 17 in 17.

Fergie has just retired. Mourinho took over. Klopp went to Madrid.

RDCR07

Yeah I like Gary Hooper in this game. In my 3 seasons at Celtic, he scored 15, 35 and 32 respectively.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I used to play this constantly till FM 08. It's never been the same since it became 3D imo. Not once managed to have a save like I had back then.
I quite like the 3D engine. Simple reason that I haven't played this game much is that this football season hasn't been great IRL and actually caring about doing my homework properly.

I reckon I'll play it a lot in the next few months. I want that Scottish hero achievement. Never did bother with those achievements before but Icelandic players have gotten better in FM so it's more fun now to play lower leagues.
I never use the 3D engine. Text commentary all the way. Just like the old days.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just about finished my 1st season with Spurs, guaranteed a CL place. Had a poor end to the season as my players were exhausted which led me to lose 2-0 to Stoke in the FA Cup final, did hammer Atletico 4-1 in the Europa League final though :)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I like Gary Hooper in this game. In my 3 seasons at Celtic, he scored 15, 35 and 32 respectively.
He had a crappy start to my current season though. Only 5 games in, mind.

Offloaded some shite in the summer. Some of which I brought in. Signed a guy called Moisander in January and he was fecking terrible. Got rid of him and a few other bits of dead wood.

Signed Lukas Podolski, Thomas Ince, Lewis Dunk (who's been immense), Darron Gibson and van Aanholt as LB back-up. Oh and Luke Steele in goal at a snip (£250k)

Steele
Byram - Ramis - Dunk - Rose
N'Diaye - Gibson
Johnson - Sessegnon - Ince
Hooper​

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Got bored of Everton. Finished 2nd 3 years in a row. There's no catching City when they are spending silly money. I seem to get bored of any save I have on this game after 2 or 3 seasons. back on FM10 and 11, I'd have saves going for 30 seasons.

Started a new game as Shakhtar Donetsk anyway.

Objective: Win all the time.
Ethos: Only sign Ukrainians and Brazilians. So, business as usual, really.

Flying Fox

Looking for a different game, so have decided to go with Celtic. What leagues should I load up alongside the Scottish (aside from the obvious)?

RDCR07

Looking for a different game, so have decided to go with Celtic. What leagues should I load up alongside the Scottish (aside from the obvious)?
Thats exactly how I started. I loaded the major 5 and then Russia and Portugal. I started with Celtic and then moved to Porto.

wr8_utd

Had a run of 5 defeats in a row before finally managing 3 wins on the bounce and I'm back up to 4th ahead of Arsenal after dropping down to 9th. Signed Hernandez for 12m and poised to sign Turan for 20m.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Had an absolute stinker if a run, drew 0-0 with Roma, followed by back to back defeats against Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Schalke has left me 5th in the table and out of the champions league!!

Finished 3rd so have to play in the Europa league. The worst thing is the stats, when you have 65% possesion and 20+ shots on goal, I expect more then fecking ONE to be on fecking target!!! RVP and Rooney are up top for feck sake and before this shitc**t of a run they had scored nearly 30 goals between them this season.

I am willing to bet i win my next game convincingly as well.