Gaming Football Manager 2014

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
This Bradford City save is odd, to say the least. I don't know if it's the fake players making it so.

Got promoted in the first season, by the skin of my arse in the playoffs, after having a right bad few weeks leading up to them. Being Bradford City, we were still broke as feck, and the club were after accepting my requests to upgrade like everything, so my season's budget was 2m, and 20k.

Not a bad bit of coin, until you consider I had 5 players, 7 including U21's, so I had to build an entire squad, scraping them pennies. Managed it too!

For some reason I'll never figure out, I managed to convince GK Ralf Schmitt(aka Tim Wiese) to join me for 3 years, on 6k a week. I'd normally never consider a high Ecc/low Dist keeper, but he's a stopper beyond compare, especially in the Championship, and that's a joke of a deal.

Farnbrough, from the Skrill South, in their intake popped up *a pair* of potentially top class strikers, according to my scouts, so I bagged the pair, for 10k.

Man Utd took me on as a feeder, and loaned me (Januzaj) for the season, and a good looking CM, who I can't peg their real life counterpart.

Still short a first team striker, but I'm pretty broke, and United have none available. Had I the wages handy, could have had (Lukaku) apparently....

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I started a save on that 2113 game. A lot of coaches have 20s in attributes and 1s in others, it's strangely min/max. It's a bit jarring to see a Southampton/Real Betis player 'have no intention to join the club' :(

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Yeah, even weirder, whilst that was going on, I was able to poach players from under Barca's nose.
Is that save file lagging for you? Even saving a game takes longer than usual and going to the team selection screen lags for me.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Is that save file lagging for you? Even saving a game takes longer than usual and going to the team selection screen lags for me.
Yeah, it was getting quite slow, even after I cut out some of the leagues, part of the reason I gave up on it.

There was a top young striker on a free too, a Mexican named Javier Soto, wanted to make him the star of a new Man Utd era.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Yeah, it was getting quite slow, even after I cut out some of the leagues, part of the reason I gave up on it.

There was a top young striker on a free too, a Mexican named Javier Soto, wanted to make him the star of a new Man Utd era.
Yeah I've stopped playing it too just because it so slow. Started a Crewe save.

SambaBoy

Stuck my faith in Lingard in 3rd season for United despite his stats and reports not being amazing, was about to loan him out to Palace. First 6 games of the season, he has 9 goals, 6 assists, 4 MOMs and average rating of 8.92 from AM.

Henriquez also banging them in for me, with Wilson as back-up as RvP is injured. Zaha starting to challenge Valencia for RM position.

Sold Rooney to Spurs for £8.5m as he was constantly moaning about something or other. Fell out with Rafa and now he won't sign a new contract and it's up at the end of the season.

Ainu

I've reached the FA Cup final after what must be the easiest run in FA Cup history. Chesterfield , Port Vale , Wolves, Brighton, Aston Villa and the final will be against... Reading! I haven't won it yet in 5 seasons so I'm not complaining.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I've reached the FA Cup final after what must be the easiest run in FA Cup history. Chesterfield , Port Vale , Wolves, Brighton, Aston Villa and the final will be against... Reading! I haven't won it yet in 5 seasons so I'm not complaining.
Funnily enough, I'm on a similar run, 2nd season, Bradford in the Championship. Had Stoke first round, once I scraped by that, a raft of fellow Championship teams, Crawley Town in the semis(they beat Man Utd and Arsenal), should I beat them, it's a Championship team in the final.