Gaming Football Manager 2014

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Oh, check the score one Sadio Mané too, he was really cheap for me(like 2.5-3m), either footed, and a natural LW, he'd be more a do a job for a few years kind of guy.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Ah, well i got Bruma in the end. £14m all together but i only paid £3m up front so not too bad really. He's not actually better than what i have already but being 19 he ought to surpass Lallana and Rodriguez on the wings soon anyways and he's more or less their level now too so he'll still be useful.

TheSamulator

He should grow quickly, and since he's perfect on either wing he should get plenty of game time.
Exactly, he should be fine starting most games and he'll get plenty of sub appearances as if he's not playing he'll be my bench winger and i usually sub a winger each game.

I've just bought Fernando from Porto as he was transfer listed. £7m for him which is pretty good as i use an Anchor man in my formation and he's actually better than Wanyama there. I'll rotate them two in that spot.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Being a right arse in this Espanyol save, have a decent gap at the top of the league, so the board gave me an option to upgrade my challenge, extra 10m to attempt a title challenge. Been using this 10m to hoover up young prospects before other teams get them, already got 3 right backs, I don't even play with full backs. :lol:

I think I can convert them to wide mids.

30 man squad at the moment, not including loans or players I pushed down to the B team, and 7 more arriving at future dates.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Very tempted to give Arsenal a go with this 3-4-2-1 no striker formation, good stadium with a lot of excellent young talent. Never really been another big team in the PL apart from United but can't seem to settle on another choice at the moment.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Thinking of adding a 2nd manager to my Espanyol save, in control of the B team, sick to feck of the current B manager playing a formation I have no use for, my strikers as wingers, and filling the team with 2* potential shit cnuts, leaving my glorious 5* kiddies out in the cold, to the level that he's actually playing grey lists over my fecking prospects.

It'll make my seasons a bit longer, but that's not the worst thing, I suppose.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Thinking of adding a 2nd manager to my Espanyol save, in control of the B team, sick to feck of the current B manager playing a formation I have no use for, my strikers as wingers, and filling the team with 2* potential shit cnuts, leaving my glorious 5* kiddies out in the cold, to the level that he's actually playing grey lists over my fecking prospects.

It'll make my seasons a bit longer, but that's not the worst thing, I suppose.
Is there not the option in the 'Staff Responsibilities' menu to take charge of the 'B' team?

TheSamulator

Started the season with Southampton, lost 2-0 to City away and beat Newcastle 4-2 at home. Horses for courses so far!

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Messi is shite for me on this thing, always.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
18 points clear in the start of February, 16 games to go. Shouldn't choke that, already taken 4 points from Real, and 3 from Barca, with one league fixture with Barca left.

Already played Real 6 times this season, in bursts of 3 in 4(Real,Real,Levante,Real), and 3 in a row in one week(the next two weeks straight after 3 Real fixtures are... Zaragoza, Barca, Soicedad, Barca, Deportivo) . :lol: Have to face Barca 3 more times.

What's the betting if I progress in the CL, I'll have to cross both? :lol:

Also, only losses this season are one leg of the Super Cup against Real, I won on agg, and one CL group stage match, against Bayern away, beat them at home and won the group. Haven't lost a game in the Copa Del Rey in over two years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seen somebody have Messi score around a goal a game or something like that. It's your tactics.
Yeah but for Messi that isn't that great to be honest. I don't think I've seen him ever get over 35 goals in a year with the computer using him, and the 35 goals was the exception with it usually being 20's. Same with Ronaldo, although he usually gets low 30's.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Can I just ask for anybody who started a game with United, did all your scouts come back with a top recommendation of Kyle Walker at the beginning or was that just my game?:houllier:

bosnian_red

Started a new game with united and transferred Ronaldo over just for shits. Have got a perfect record mi way through September, averaging 4 goals a game, Ronaldo with 10 goals so far including 2 in each of his first 4 games :lol:
Rooney and rvp have both been great too. Playing a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo attacking mid left and then rotating the other one, but have them switching during games, and both rvp and Rooney are deep lying forwards win support dug. Workin brilliantly so far, although I'm not sure if that's because I found a way to get them playing together or if it's just Ronaldo making it all work.
Of course is signed 3 actual midfielders to go along with it, Gundogan and pjanic and koke since he had the £12mil release clause, as well as selling cleverley, Anderson, young and Valencia.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Life is good for Espanyol at the moment, took the league to the cleaners, title decided in April, had a European spot locked down in Feb. Standing at 29w, 4d, 0l in 33. Cup final was a slightly nervy 1-2 win, third cup in a row, and just dismantled City in Manchester in a Cl semi first leg, a midfield combo of Zabaleta and Lucas Levia is a bit shit, tbf.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I'm finding it impossible to find a keeper that wants to stay as long term back up, they all get unhappy after about 6 months and want to leave

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'm finding it impossible to find a keeper that wants to stay as long term back up, they all get unhappy after about 6 months and want to leave
I've never had this problem, even with two top keepers. Then again I've always accepted a massive drop in quality between 1 and 2 when not managing top teams. Who are you in charge of?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Can I just ask for anybody who started a game with United, did all your scouts come back with a top recommendation of Kyle Walker at the beginning or was that just my game?:houllier:
I started quite a few new games in the first couple of days of having the game and yes their top recommendation was Kyle Walker every time. Likewise, every scout came back with a report from England recommending John Obi Mikel, Santi Cazorla and Ramires. It's something that's happened in every version. In FM 2011 the top recommendation for me always used to be Landon fecking Donavon, and if I didn't play as United they always signed him.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The one thing that bugs me is the scouts constantly recommending players that I sold, often quite recently.

Yeah boss, you should keep an eye on this "Tom Cleverley" character PSG picked up for 25m last month, looks a'right, probably get him for 35-40m. I've noticed you've been short a CM with about a month....

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Life is good for Espanyol at the moment, took the league to the cleaners, title decided in April, had a European spot locked down in Feb. Standing at 29w, 4d, 0l in 33. Cup final was a slightly nervy 1-2 win, third cup in a row, and just dismantled City in Manchester in a Cl semi first leg, a midfield combo of Zabaleta and Lucas Levia is a bit shit, tbf.
City smartened up for the 2nd leg, and played Millner as CM instead of Zabaleta. Still, agg scoreline of 6-1 meant I coasted to the final. To face Barca one more time....
Game started quiet, with nothing major happening until the 12th minute, Espanyol with a corner, headed home by Daniele Rugani for a 1-0 lead. An relentless defensive showing left that as the full time result, with the only other moment of note being Barca's Wanyama receiving a yellow card. Rugani MOTM(my future captain if his Leadership continues to grow).

Finished the season unbeaten too, with a Liga record points haul of 102.

Be very curious as to my next season expectations(I wasn't expected to do anything in the CL, being in the group was enough for the board last season), and how big of a budget I get. Once more unto the breach....

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Got a bit bored with normal FM, so I'm now with Madrid, trying to bring back the old(old, old) days of the W-M formation from the 20-40s and early 50s. This is how I lined up for the last game:

Its going only alright so far, stuggling a bit in the league but it's improving as I tweak it more and more. Seem to be good in defence, and oddly struggle to score some games. My two AMs are doing feck all, which I need to look at. Probably doesnt help that I have no back-up for them, El Sharaawy aside who is alright there. Few injuries now which is a bit bogey, but they're only for a week so its not too bad.

Edit: Big test now, up against Barca :nervous:

Gee Male

I am considering buying this, as I have nothing else to do today. Will be buying through Steam.

Questions for you guys if I may: Is it worth it? And, anyone got any discount code or anything similar?

bosnian_red

I am considering buying this, as I have nothing else to do today. Will be buying through Steam.

Questions for you guys if I may: Is it worth it? And, anyone got any discount code or anything similar?
It really depends on how much you play football manager, when was the last time you bought one, etc. It's a great game, although not too much different from last years version, and if you only play it now and then and have last years game, it probably isn't worth it. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever met people who only player Football manager "now and then". Considering how much hours people put into the game, I'd say its well worth it.

Gee Male

It really depends on how much you play football manager, when was the last time you bought one, etc. It's a great game, although not too much different from last years version, and if you only play it now and then and have last years game, it probably isn't worth it. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever met people who only player Football manager "now and then". Considering how much hours people put into the game, I'd say its well worth it.

Cheers BR, have decided against - it's US$70 on Steam, which if you include the foreign transaction fee my bank will charge, will cost me over AU$80. Can't justify that.

Oh well, may actually go outside instead today. Weather isn't great, may just go to the pub and see what happens.

bosnian_red

Cheers BR, have decided against - it's US$70 on Steam, which if you include the foreign transaction fee my bank will charge, will cost me over AU$80. Can't justify that.

Oh well, may actually go outside instead today. Weather isn't great, may just go to the pub and see what happens.
:eek: It was $40 when I bought it, and I bought pre ordered it. You should have looked a few weeks ago during the steam winter sale, it was like 50% off I think. Looking at steam now it says it's $50, crazy how expensive games are in australia.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Be very curious as to my next season expectations(I wasn't expected to do anything in the CL, being in the group was enough for the board last season), and how big of a budget I get. Once more unto the breach....
38m-200k, not bad, ditched a bunch of players I had no real need for, or just plain wasn't bothered about.

102m-320k.

Every position has a good, or great player, and a prospect as backup, pretty much nothing to spend the money on. Was going to try and Spanish the team up a bit, but couldn't find any good Spanish players available, could get De Gea for 60-80m, but I have a good keeper, and a 5* prospect to get time. Haven't even found any really worthy prospects to add to my ridiculous collection.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Me after Januzaj's second half to the season after training him as a Trequartista:

TheSamulator

So, everything is going awful with Southampton so far this season. About 10 games in and i'm hovering just above the relegation zone. Bruma is injured with his knee ligaments for 6-7 months so that was a total wasted purchase really. Lallana has been rubbish, none of my strikers can score for shit and Ramirez had been pretty pants too. Just about got the defense sorted, more or less, but they still seem prone to brainfarts too. I'm looking forward to getting sacked tbh.