Gaming Football Manager 2015

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No Shaw? Thought he'd be great on this.
He is, looked at the team report and he was at around 3 stars (Blind and Rojo being 2.5 I think?), but Shaw had 5 star potential. Or 4 stars and 1 black one, which I'm guessing is like could maybe get up there but definitely 4 stars.

bosnian_red

Have 11 injuries heading into the season, realistic :lol:
Signed Reus for 21m, Pjanic for 46m (bunch of different future installments), de sciglio for 20m and Stones for 15m, sold Young for 12.25m, Fellaini for 5m and Anderson for 4.8m. Now Jones started complaining and wanted to go to Chelsea as they were interested, I told him to wait a season and we'll be back in the champions league and he tells me it's unrealistic. feck off. No way is he going now.

So many people complain about us not signing a center back, but there really is nobody out there for us to sign (in real life). Stones is the one center back I'm signing, and that's because of the potential.

Sold Mata as well for 25m to PSG as I wanted to use either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2, and then shortly after I have the whole squad complaining about the sale as he was close to everyone, including Rooney leading the pack.

Edit: Make that 12 injuries, all who are first team players. 6 starters, 4 subs, 2 just part of the squad. And the first game is away to Chelsea :nervous:

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Lost 3-0 to Chelsea as I had 2 youngsters in the starting 11 and the full bench was youngsters... And now in the second game, hammered Everton 5-2 but Di Maria and Blind also got injured while nobody has come back yet :lol: feck me right

Castia

Was 3-0 up at the Emirates on 70 minutes....needless to say it finished 3-3!

I've signed Stones, Volland and Verratti and sold Young, Valencia, Fletcher, Anderson and Fellaini. Adnan seems class so far after 4 games he's scored 5 goals with 2 assists (inside forward on the right wing)

khoazany

Lost 3-0 to Chelsea as I had 2 youngsters in the starting 11 and the full bench was youngsters... And now in the second game, hammered Everton 5-2 but Di Maria and Blind also got injured while nobody has come back yet :lol: feck me right
Who are the United youngsters with good PA in this version?

Castia

I haven't looked into the editor but just on a first glance Pereira looks decent for his age, he's currently in my first team squad (yet to make an appearance but still)

bosnian_red

Pereira, Wilson and them Shaw and januzaj obviously. Haven't looked much at the youngsters other then putting who was fit in the team, Pereira played every game on august though and was decent. Think I saw that Mensah, the young Dutch center back we got, had pretty good potential, same with milinkovic. Not sure on the others.

khoazany

Pereira, Wilson and them Shaw and januzaj obviously. Haven't looked much at the youngsters other then putting who was fit in the team, Pereira played every game on august though and was decent. Think I saw that Mensah, the young Dutch center back we got, had pretty good potential, same with milinkovic. Not sure on the others.
From the staff report Rashford and Tuanzebe are good as well but I was kicked out from the game due to some bugs before I can even have a proper look on them.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do you guys also have the problem that your CAMs take way too many long shots? I already instructed my team to retain possession and work the ball into the box but I'm still averaging comfortably more than 10 long shots per game.

Santos J

Do you guys also have the problem that your CAMs take way too many long shots? I already instructed my team to retain possession and work the ball into the box but I'm still averaging comfortably more than 10 long shots per game.
Yeah was gonna say this earlier, it's annoying as feck.

mu4c_20le

Hmm might do then. Is it good?
Very good. Lots of minor improvements that, imo, justify a new purchase. Match engine, animations, and especially GK saves have improved a lot. Tactics screen will take getting used to, but a lot of people are up in arms about it so hopefully they either change it or someone will release skins.

The new player roles are quite interesting. Been experimenting with raumdeuter on my AML position, put Di Maria in there and he plays like fecking Ronaldo. Struts around the pitch when everyone else is working hard closing down, then suddenly he gets behind his marker and goes clean through. The Roaming Playmaker in CM is also very fun to use with creative players like Mata.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
De Gea injured for 9 months with a serious viral infection :(:mad:

Brought in Valdes on a free and De Gea is concerned about his place in the team FFS :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Very good. Lots of minor improvements that, imo, justify a new purchase. Match engine, animations, and especially GK saves have improved a lot. Tactics screen will take getting used to, but a lot of people are up in arms about it so hopefully they either change it or someone will release skins.

The new player roles are quite interesting. Been experimenting with raumdeuter on my AML position, put Di Maria in there and he plays like fecking Ronaldo. Struts around the pitch when everyone else is working hard closing down, then suddenly he gets behind his marker and goes clean through. The Roaming Playmaker in CM is also very fun to use with creative players like Mata.
Di Maria is himself excellent as a Roaming Playmaker too. As is one of last years starlets, Lucas Romero. :drool:
De Gea injured for 9 months with a serious viral infection :(:mad:

Brought in Valdes on a free and De Gea is concerned about his place in the team FFS :lol:
De Gea greedy with his bench space. :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding

Can you play more than one season on the beta? Or do you have to go back to the beginning after that?

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
If I was to preorder from steam now would I still get access to beta?

Santos J

If I was to preorder from steam now would I still get access to beta?
Dunno about steam but you get the beta instantly from GreenManGaming if you preorder from there & it's £23.40 with the code SAVOOX-22OFFX-GMGEUX which is the cheapest you'll get it for anywhere I think.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Dunno about steam but you get the beta instantly from GreenManGaming if you preorder from there & it's £23.40 with the code SAVOOX-22OFFX-GMGEUX which is the cheapest you'll get it for anywhere I think.
Went with steam, I got a bit trigger happy and just took the plunge,all downloaded and booted up now. Thanks though.

Berbaclass

I've preferred Januzaj, tbh, and Wilson can get directly in the rotation, becomes vicious quickly.

I think it may be worth converting Mensah to DM too, not so hot in the air, and I find growing aerial ability is difficult(at least in 14).
Just as I posted Valencia got a hattrick the very next game :lol:

Januzaj has been constantly injured for me. I have Di Maria on the left wing and Valencia on the right, both playing the Ramdeuter role and are killing it.

Woodzy

Thought after my 3-2 loss against Arsenal yesterday it was going to be one of those where I just struggle to get my tactis right.

Since i've loaded it up today my resuls have been: United 3 - 0 Chelsea, Villa 0 - 1 United, United 5 - 0 Porto, United 4 - 2 Liverpool :drool:

If only I didn't feck against Arsenal yesterday.

I did also lose 4 - 1 to Metalist in the Champions League qualifier, but we can keep that one quiet. It wasn't even a massively weakened team... Scraped through on away goals though.

Berbaclass

One thing I would have liked is on the rolling calendar at the top when the game loads they should have put when players are returning from injury. Would have been a nice little thing to have.

bosnian_red

Just as I posted Valencia got a hattrick the very next game :lol:

Januzaj has been constantly injured for me. I have Di Maria on the left wing and Valencia on the right, both playing the Ramdeuter role and are killing it.
Same. Played januzaj once, got a goal but other then that, been injured always. They made him injury prone for some reason, along with many of our players.

Valencia is also a beast but he's been only a squad member so far, ever since I signed Reus. Him and di maria are my main wingers so Valencia gets rotated in now and then.
On di maria, his stats seem very underrated. Like his pace, dribbling, touch and technique should all be better from the top of my head.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Started with United with no transfers in first window. Liking the game so far, some nice changes and additions. Playing this at the moment:

DDG
Rafael Evans Rojo Shaw
Blind
Hererra Di Maria
Januzaj Mata
Rooney
Falcao, Smalling, Jones, Carrick all have medium-long term injuries. Evans wants his 'dream-move' to Chelsea, and I ended up falling out with half the squad when I refused. Gonna let him go in January if I can get 20m+ for him and will get Hummels or someone as a replacement. I usually like to get players we're linked with in real life, so I think Strootman and Hummels/Vlaar will be my main January targets.

Berbaclass

Just finished my first season with United.

A couple of screens to illustrate it.

Table

Team Stats

bosnian_red

So at the start of the season I had a mini falling out with Rooney because I sold Mata and he complained, but nothing major. Now I'm in December and he randomly skips practice! Sacked him from the captaincy... He was doing shit anyways.

The player happiness and all that happens way too often IMO. Needs to be toned down. Same with injuries.

Edit: Now the whole squad complaining about me stripping Rooney of the captaincy, though only Lindegaard and Wilson stayed unhappy saying "Rooney was the best leader we ever had" :lol: