Football Manager 2017

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Just fired up a game of this. Used the Brazil league trick to start at second season with some data updates to get all latest transfers. League positions are all entirely random etc, in which United won the league and Chelsea finished 5th.

Anyway, I managed to unsettle both Kante and Hazard at Chelsea to the point which they were transfer listed. Problem was, i had already signed Keane, Pickford, William Carvalho and Ousmane Dembele, then got the board to bring in Griezmann, so have absolutely nothing left.

I decide I want one of them so transfer list a few players with no interest. Things look bleak, but then I go and transfer list Mata as I don't really want him long term and could probably have gotten about £40m. Anyway, Chelsea only went and accepted a straight swap between Mata and Hazard! No money to be exchanged at all. Lovely stuff (although I probably need Kante more).
This is better for starting in the 2nd season or for more up to date transfers.

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-start-date

Woodzy

How does Delle Ali turn out on this? I just almost signed him January to go through in the summer (don't need him right now) for £50m.

I cancelled it because he is transfer listed and I'm wondering if I knock the price down between now and end of season.

Ramsey is also transfer listed but Arsenal are quitting no double the asking price, I'm guessing because I'm a rival.

Unsettled players put in transfer requests very often on this. Seems a lot more frequent than previous years.

I signed Kane because of a transfer request for £50m in the summer. He isn't doing well in my formation though so may have to get rid come the summer.

I'm officially back into this game now... which is a bad thing.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
How does Delle Ali turn out on this? I just almost signed him January to go through in the summer (don't need him right now) for £50m.

I cancelled it because he is transfer listed and I'm wondering if I knock the price down between now and end of season.

Ramsey is also transfer listed but Arsenal are quitting no double the asking price, I'm guessing because I'm a rival.

Unsettled players put in transfer requests very often on this. Seems a lot more frequent than previous years.

I signed Kane because of a transfer request for £50m in the summer. He isn't doing well in my formation though so may have to get rid come the summer.

Alli can become a freaking monster.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Sign him!!!

Woodzy

I dicked about with the fee and he ended up signing for Liverpool. fecked myself over there.

Woodzy

Won the league and Champions League.

Perfect time to get into this with the season ending :D

Woodzy

Spent the entire morning on the transfer window :lol:

I struggled a bit with this window. Didn't really know where to improve, bought Laporte because he was such a bargain and actually panicked a bit towards the end, recalling a few players from loan. I also purchased Donnarumma for £30m, but set it to go through at the end of the season. Arsenal were tryng to sign him so I wanted to get him now before it was too late, like with Dell Alli (who has 5 goals in 3 games for Liverpool :( )

Look at my CD options though :lol:

Woodzy

My favourite comeback in all my years of FM (take note of the goal times in the second game especially!)

SirAF

Ageist
Went full muppet and got Griezmann, Ruben Neves and Dembele for my second season at United :drool:

Grand total of 200m :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Started a save with Man Utd today, usually don't do much with them beyond the first few weeks, as it's too easy but I'm having a lot of fun this time. Looking forward to getting some of the youth involved, academy is ridiculous this year.

Also, picked up Kuki on a loan with a mandatory future fee of 1.1m, lad is going to be a monster.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
That's actually a better situation than the standard rules, tbh, because now you can take players from anywhere without worrying, for example the million Brazilian wonderkids that would never get a permit, feck off to Spain for two years and end up worth eighty million.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That's actually a better situation than the standard rules, tbh, because now you can take players from anywhere without worrying, for example the million Brazilian wonderkids that would never get a permit, feck off to Spain for two years and end up worth eighty million.
Yeah exactly

Woodzy

Ah, shame because I have a youth team full of Brazilians that I signed before the rule came into play. They are all out on loan so can't seem to apply for a work permit.

Woodzy

Nothing pains me more than seeing a potential world class regen at a rival club

A) because they signed them before you
B) because you will never get to sign them yourself :(

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
4th year at AC Milan and I've just seen Hazard go to Porto. Wondered why and then realised they have had a tycoon owner come in. Hazard, Laporte, Vietto, Felipe Anderson and Benteke have been signed.

SirAF

Ageist
If you want Dybala.. never let him sign a new contract before going for him. Juventus won't even talk to me for 180m! :lol:

Woodzy

Hate it when you get a highly rated regen that just doesn't suit any of the roles in your team.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hate when you think you've spotted an amazing regen only to discover he's 5'2''.
I once signed an amazing Japanese goalkeeper, was rated potentially higher than De Gea... he was 5'3" :lol: I asked around FM forums if it really mattered and they said only aerial ability and jumping matters, height doesnt come in to play that heavily. But both were low for him :lol:

Art Vandelay

I once signed an amazing Japanese goalkeeper, was rated potentially higher than De Gea... he was 5'3" :lol: I asked around FM forums if it really mattered and they said only aerial ability and jumping matters, height doesnt come in to play that heavily. But both were low for him :lol:
:lol:

Height affects the jumping reach. I'm finding way too many players this year that are 5'6'' or less and their jumping is always around 3.

Woodzy

As soon as my wonderkids start showing their true ability, I nail them down on a 5 year contract with an optional 3-years to extend at very low wages.

Soon I will end up with a world class first team all earning next to nothing... feels like cheating a little bit.

PeteManic

Game is too addictive.

Started with Utd (of course) with aim of selling all big earners and bringing through youngsters.

Made a cheeky bid for Hazard and he fell out with Conte so I got him on the cheap (£65m). No other signings.

Top of league in November after beating Scousers 3-2. Man City 14th. Chelsea 16th.

A lot of players hugely overrated (Mata, Jones, Martial, Darmian, Shaw).

But they're got me again the bastards!