Football Manager 2017

Macern

Pee pee pants
Okay I need some help from you guys

Griezmann is a fecking cnut and I hate him. When I signed him in the summer 2017 window, I promised I'd strengthen my defense. IIRC I had just confirmed Van Dijk and he was set to join my club soon. I assumed that this would make Griezmann pleased enough and that it meant I'd keep my promise. For some reason it didn't and I got reminded at the end of the window that I still hadn't kept my promise. I also signed a player called Lucas Torreira who was a defensive midfielder at the time but I've now turned him into one of the best right backs in the game so I did sign two defenders that summer. In the next summer, I signed fecking Laporte for £65m and I also brought up Upamecano to my first team who I signed jan 2018 and send out on loan.

But no, Griezmann was going to be a whiny bitch no matter what I did. I could've fecking reincarnated Maldini and duplicated him four times and he still wouldn't be pleased.

I'm now in the middle of the 18/19 season and Griezmann has spent most of it in my reserve team because no club was willing to pay £100m for him. I just brought him back up to see how he would react but Faria told me he has a nonchalant body language like he didn't care and he got shit ratings as well in the two games I gave him a chance in. So I've obviously demoted him back to my reserves where he can rot in hell.

What do I do with him? Sell him for as much as possible or wait and see if he comes around? Feels like he permanently hates my guys because I broke that fecking promise. He can feck right off

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I just play unhappy players until they resolve their unhappiness.

Lay

What kind of role suits Pogba best? I've tried him both as a roaming and advanced playmaker from the MF position. He's ok but should be doing better.
He was a beast on FM16 as a b2b. Never had him on FM17.

Art Vandelay

Nah. Ask for more addons. I would just play him in the hope of putting him in the shop window.
Demand more in add ons and tell them to go feck themselves. Then let him rot, you have to show them who's boss. I found him to be a bit of a bitch in my game too, he refused to negotiate when I refused to pay him £11m and his agent £7m. So I told him to do one, signed Gabigol instead for £40m and Greizeman eventually went to Arsenal for £56m.

That drives me into a fury when they offer those low ball bids. I bought Dyballa a year and a half ago for £84m. He scored 40 goals and 17 assists in his first season, January window rolls around in his second season he's got 19 goals and 8 assists in 19 games(he's fecked off for a month to play in the fecking Asian Cup!) What happens? PSG bid £46m for him. Why in the name of Crom would I sell him for almost half what I paid for him when he's been a tremendous success, is arguably the best striker in the world and is actually valued at £53m? Where's the logic in that transfer system? It's the same every year and it drives me mental.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've started a new game as Arsenal. Thought it would be fun to give them an overhaul.

This is my team in the formation I intend to play (still tweaking my instructions/player roles though)

Dybala, Rodriguez, M-Savic and Matuidi were the only incoming transfers. Got rid of Sanchez and Ozil to fund some more deals after I went all out on Dybala.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Dybala got 65 in a season for me in one of my saves. I was browsing some of the FM twitter accounts and he has scoring figures of 80s and even 90s in some peoples saves!

I'm currently playing a save with Barca and i'm 9 points clear. I'm having problems getting Neymar to do anything decent! He has 11 goals in all competitions and we have just entered May. Suarez has 49 and Messi has 36. He will have the odd game where he's the man of the man after providing a couple of assists and thats about it. Even Rafinha who is a back up to Iniesta/Rakitic in MF has 23 goals this season. I will give him one more season and sell him if he carries on like this. Madrid are currently 5th, have sacked Zidane and are in danger of missing out of the Champions League. I've destroyed them 6-1 at the bernabeu but they came back from 3-0 to draw 3-3 in the return fixture.

Lay

Dybala got 65 in a season for me in one of my saves. I was browsing some of the FM twitter accounts and he has scoring figures of 80s and even 90s in some peoples saves!

I'm currently playing a save with Barca and i'm 9 points clear. I'm having problems getting Neymar to do anything decent! He has 11 goals in all competitions and we have just entered May. Suarez has 49 and Messi has 36. He will have the odd game where he's the man of the man after providing a couple of assists and thats about it. Even Rafinha who is a back up to Iniesta/Rakitic in MF has 23 goals this season. I will give him one more season and sell him if he carries on like this. Madrid are currently 5th, have sacked Zidane and are in danger of missing out of the Champions League. I've destroyed them 6-1 at the bernabeu but they came back from 3-0 to draw 3-3 in the return fixture.
What role do you play him? I only got the best out of him as a striker.

Berbaclass

I'm kinda struggling to get really good numbers from him. Played as a ST with the AF/CF/F9 roles.

Berbaclass

I'm fecking shocking in the league (1 win in my last 8, bottling my title chances) but I'm absolute class in the Champions League. Currently demolishing Atletico 5-0 in the semi-final first leg.

Panther

The social sections are so pessimistic, it's literally insane.

Martial scores 12 goals in 8 games to get player of the month.
Fan: "I don't know how much longer Martial can get away with it"
Fan: "How did he win it? #MUFC #Martial"

Lose 4-1 to Arsenal but remain 1st, 23 points above 2nd placed City and 26 above 4th place Arsenal with 11 games to go.
Fan: "That's it, title dreams are over. Congratulations to Arsenal #MUFCvArsl"

They really need to improve this part.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
The social sections are so pessimistic, it's literally insane.

Martial scores 12 goals in 8 games to get player of the month.
Fan: "I don't know how much longer Martial can get away with it"
Fan: "How did he win it? #MUFC #Martial"

Lose 4-1 to Arsenal but remain 1st, 23 points above 2nd placed City and 26 above 4th place Arsenal with 11 games to go.
Fan: "That's it, title dreams are over. Congratulations to Arsenal #MUFCvArsl"

They really need to improve this part.
I think thats a pretty realistic representation of social media to be honest :lol:

ijc

In my first save on FM17 I played as United and it was just total domination. 3 seasons in; first season was the league and the league cup, 2nd season; league, fa cup, league cup and the 3rd season a clean sweep of all the trophies, including the CL.

Didn't really make any of the HUGE transfers we get linked with. Over the 3 seasons my transfer activity was this:

Sold: Fellaini (Newcastle), Darmian (Fellaini), Schneiderlin (Everton), Rooney (New York), Valencia (Some Argentinean club), Zlatan (Retired), Schweinsteiger (retired), Young (Aston Villa)
Bought: Joao Cancelo (Valencia), Julian Brandt (Leverkusen), Julian Weigl (Dortmund), Dembele (Dortmund), Chicharito (Leverkusen).

From the reserves / u18's I regularly play Callum Gribbin, TFM, Ro-Shawn Williams and Tuanzebe. They are fantastic. TFM was magnificient in the 2017/18 season onwards and Gribbin became a beast when he became 20 years old. Put Ro-Shawn Williams as a covering Centre Back and no one will win a foot race against him, though he does take some time to develop.

Pogba played as a Roaming Playmaker and consistently got 8.0 + in his 3rd season and won the World Player of the Year award ahead of Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

As a sidenote since Jose is recently making some remarks regarding Chicharito... since I was the precursor to this I can confirm he'd be smashing for us again. Got me 25 goals in his first returning season. I bought him as the one to play in the poacher role after Zlatan retired and before I believe Rashford will be ready to be relied on in that position. I really think he would solve some of our problems of not scoring in reality as well.

Currently put my Man UTD save to the side and I'm now playing with Fulham. Though they have a squad full of loanees and 17 year olds I'm competing for the promotion. Their lauded left back Ryan Sessegnon, is quite good.

ijc

Okay I need some help from you guys

Griezmann is a fecking cnut and I hate him. When I signed him in the summer 2017 window, I promised I'd strengthen my defense. IIRC I had just confirmed Van Dijk and he was set to join my club soon. I assumed that this would make Griezmann pleased enough and that it meant I'd keep my promise. For some reason it didn't and I got reminded at the end of the window that I still hadn't kept my promise. I also signed a player called Lucas Torreira who was a defensive midfielder at the time but I've now turned him into one of the best right backs in the game so I did sign two defenders that summer. In the next summer, I signed fecking Laporte for £65m and I also brought up Upamecano to my first team who I signed jan 2018 and send out on loan.

But no, Griezmann was going to be a whiny bitch no matter what I did. I could've fecking reincarnated Maldini and duplicated him four times and he still wouldn't be pleased.

I'm now in the middle of the 18/19 season and Griezmann has spent most of it in my reserve team because no club was willing to pay £100m for him. I just brought him back up to see how he would react but Faria told me he has a nonchalant body language like he didn't care and he got shit ratings as well in the two games I gave him a chance in. So I've obviously demoted him back to my reserves where he can rot in hell.

What do I do with him? Sell him for as much as possible or wait and see if he comes around? Feels like he permanently hates my guys because I broke that fecking promise. He can feck right off
Sell him easy. Rotting in the reserves is not worth the wages. Bring two players for the money you get off him.

ijc

@Art Vandelay

The Man Utd board wouldn't sanction a foreign feeder club for because how well Angel Gomes had developed and they didn't want to spend money developing foreign youngsters.
I'm curious how did you make Angel Gomes develop so well? How old was he when he broke into the 1st team. On my save he just can't progress and I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

Classical Mechanic

I'm curious how did you make Angel Gomes develop so well? How old was he when he broke into the 1st team. On my save he just can't progress and I was a bit disappointed to be honest.
Put him in the first team squad at the age of 16 but have him available for the 18s the first season, give him some games in that first year, only about 8-10 with sub apps etc. If you sub them you need to give them time on the pitch so they get a rating to develop them, best to play them in easier matches at first. Promote him to the 23s the season after one season but have him in the first team squad and increase the number of senior apps as the seasons go on. Get him tutored by senior players as much as possible, the best tutors are players with high determination levels. You have to play them in the seniors a fair amount.

Fosuh-Mensah is easier to develop. He can play a big part in the senior squad from the off.

ijc

Put him in the first team squad at the age of 16 but have him available for the 18s the first season, give him some games in that first year, only about 8-10 with sub apps etc. If you sub them you need to give them time on the pitch so they get a rating to develop them, best to play them in easier matches at first. Promote him to the 23s the season after one season but have him in the first team squad and increase the number of senior apps as the seasons go on. Get him tutored by senior players as much as possible, the best tutors are players with high determination levels. You have to play them in the seniors a fair amount.

Fosuh-Mensah is easier to develop. He can play a big part in the senior squad from the off.
Interesting to say that as. To be fair I never gave him a run in the first team. I developed TFM, Gribbin, Ro-Shawn and Tuanzebe to first team players but never really succeeded with Angel Gomes. Will try your advice!

Classical Mechanic

Interesting to say that as. To be fair I never gave him a run in the first team. I developed TFM, Gribbin, Ro-Shawn and Tuanzebe to first team players but never really succeeded with Angel Gomes. Will try your advice!
What potential rating does he have on yours? On mine he is 4.5 stars out of 5.

Berbaclass

Having a crack at the 3-4-3 in my second season. Quite interested to see how I fare with it.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Can you post a screenshot
Based it on Conte's Chelsea. So I have a 5-2-3/3-4-3 whichever way you look at it.

Here is my Roles/Lineup

Player roles are for the WB's to run wide and stay wide. My BPD is set to dribble more, whereas the CB's either side are set to keep it more simple (less risky, shorter passes)

My defensive minded CM is set to dribble less, shorter passing and less risky passes and the other more 'adventurous' one is set to move into channels and roam.

Carrasco is my Hazard type player running with the ball and bringing the ball forward quickly on the counter. Felipe Anderson is my Pedro who cuts inside allowing Bellerin to get on the outside whilst dragging the FB inside to give more room to Bellerin. The three attacking players I havent really given much instructions to yet as I'm still playing around/tweaking things.

My team instructions are:

Some of them speak for themselves. Exploiting the flanks, using an overlap and playing out from the back. I also chose to go with the more closing down and prevent short distribution instructions as well as mixed passing and a normal tempo.

Just had a pretty nice result with the tactic last game...

DarkXaero

Started my first save with United a while ago. I'm in December now, doing very well in the League and Europa League but still trying to get the most out of a few players. Ibrahimovic has been excellent for me, as the lone striker, and I made a couple big signings in the summer who have also been great (Dybala and Nainggolan). I've been playing Dybala as a #10 behind Ibra, with plans to move him as a lone striker once Ibra leaves, and a midfield two of Pogba & Nainggolan. It's all in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with two CMs, one #10, two wingers (Martial & Mkhi), and a striker.

I'm playing Pogba in his preferred role (left side CM, Advanced playmaker) but Pogba has only been decent for me (avg rating of 7.1). I've been trying to figure out the best way to use him, because his attributes and ability in the game are so good. I've been thinking of converting him into a full time #10 because his attributes in the game are perfectly suited for it. Similarly, Martial & Mkhitaryan also haven't been that great for me. Martial has been getting a lot of assists for me (tied for most assists in the league along with Ozil) but only has 2 goals for me. Mkhitaryan started off well but has been out of form for me lately. I'm thinking of trying to sign a young right winger prospect in the January transfer window, what would be some good options? I've been using Lingard as a backup winger and he's barely average. For whatever reason, he has high transfer value in the game, I think i'm gonna try to cash in on him.

During my first summer transfer window, my primary target was Bernardo Silva, but Monaco refused to sell him. I've managed to unsettle him over the season (just by personally scouting him during his matches :lol:) so hopefully he hands in a transfer request soon. Btw, Nainggolan is awesome in this game, totally worth the fee (I paid 40 million pounds, with add-ons, it goes up to 48 million). He already has almost 10 goals for me, with more than half of the season to go, and his defensive work is great too. All of his goals have been important too. I was originally going to sign Koke for his release clause but Koke wanted an insane contract. So I made a lazy bid for Nainggolan, and Roma surprisingly negotiated it. Same thing happened with Dybala. My main target was Bernardo Silva but Monaco refused, so I made a bid for Dybala, not expecting it to be accepted (64 million pounds, with add-ons taking it to 74 million). Game can be really strange with how the transfers work. In reality, Bernardo Silva would be a lot easier to sign than Dybala.

Berbaclass

Loving this Atalanta save. We're so good! All I've done is put my newly developed Conte esque tactic into place and did a few things on individual training. Not even signed anyone as I have the budgets off for the first window and this has bee the result!

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Any one else managed Villa in this series? Really having fun with this save. Took over with them in midtable around January and sneaked into the last play off spot. Got promoted and got a decent transfer budget. Picked up signings like Gary Cahill/Winston Reid who were transfer listed and also raided relegated West Ham for Lanzini and Bournemouth for Calum Wilson. Villa already have decent-ish players and their academy/under 23's aint too bad either. I'm having problems getting rid of Agbonlahor and Micah Richards who are useless, no one wants them and they are picking up 60k a week rotting in the reserves.The club gave Agbonlahor a testimonial vs St Ettiene and I forgot to promote him to the 1st team for the game :lol: I've played 10 in the Premier League winning 6, drawing 2 and losing 2. Planning on turning them into a top 6 side

Lay

Anyone manage Valencia this year? Seems it would be difficult to pass FFP the first season. Especially with the first window off.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Okay so I've just bought FM17 Touch for iPad.

I've did my tactics. My team is playing well, I'm creating a lot of chances but my strikers or any players for that matter simply can not score. No matter the opposition or how many chances my team create, they simply can't score. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is this some sort of a bug? It's pretty fecking annoying because otherwise the game is perfect.

Jev

Okay so I've just bought FM17 Touch for iPad.

I've did my tactics. My team is playing well, I'm creating a lot of chances but my strikers or any players for that matter simply can not score. No matter the opposition or how many chances my team create, they simply can't score. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is this some sort of a bug? It's pretty fecking annoying because otherwise the game is perfect.
Pick a team that isn't Manchester United.

Jev

Are you joking? :confused:
Of course I'm joking. It sounded eerily similar to a lot of games we've seen this season.

From my experience with past iterations of the game, there's not a lot you can do other than wait it out. If you're playing well and creating chances then the goals will flow sooner or later. Just happens sometimes.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Of course I'm joking. It sounded eerily similar to a lot of games we've seen this season.

From my experience with past iterations of the game, there's not a lot you can do other than wait it out. If you're playing well and creating chances then the goals will flow sooner or later. Just happens sometimes.

Haha alight. It's just that I am Man Utd and it is eerily similar. I will try play through the game and see if it changes. I'm also on CM17 forums trying to find solutions.