Football Manager 2017

pascell

I'm still addicted to playing FM15, just can't stop playing it in my free time. Would any of you guys say 17 is better than 15? I just find 15 easy to use as it's good to navigate around and it doesn't just confusing.

PeteManic

In the last few years I don't think any of the editions are better than the others. I just buy the "new" one when I finish a save and I see a bargain deal on cdkeys or wherever.

PeteManic

Is 17 good? Have you ever tried a network game? They were quite underwhelming on 15
The only noticeable thing for me after playing it for a few weeks is that is feels slower. Seems to be more information or more pressing of the spacebar to load and really the info is not especially exciting or useful. There is a social media thing in it now and I don't get the point of it. Everything time it is 3 or 4 messages with two people saying "X played really well" and two more saying "X is overrated." Pointless really.

Apart from that everything else is much the same.

pascell

The only noticeable thing for me after playing it for a few weeks is that is feels slower. Seems to be more information or more pressing of the spacebar to load and really the info is not especially exciting or useful. There is a social media thing in it now and I don't get the point of it. Everything time it is 3 or 4 messages with two people saying "X played really well" and two more saying "X is overrated." Pointless really.

Apart from that everything else is much the same.
Might have to purchase it, I'm sure it'll be on sale somewhere still

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Just went a full season unbeaten in all comps for I think the first time ever.

Minkaro

Oh god, managing Leicester during the AFCON is pain. I've lost Ndidi, Amartey, Slimani, Musa, and Benalouane, all of whom are regular first team players for me. The world is a cruel and dark place.

Welsh Wonder

Lads I just had 62 shots in a game away from home. I only had 1 CCC and I only won 3-1. Unreal.

Some screenies:

PeteManic

Lads I just had 62 shots in a game away from home. I only had 1 CCC and I only won 3-1. Unreal.

Some screenies:

You only had 24 on target from 62 attempts. Perhaps consider using 'work ball into box' tactic against weaker teams.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Don't know how you can stand those club logos. Graphics is the first thing I deal with on a new FM.

Welsh Wonder

Don't know how you can stand those club logos. Graphics is the first thing I deal with on a new FM.
Usually I'm the same. I've only recently reinstalled it and I currently just flat out can't be arsed to do anything other than sit back with my tongue hanging out clicking continue.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hefty discount on this game right now(on steam).

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Hefty discount on this game right now(on steam).
Just jumped on this.

Any United tips? Signed Felipe Anderson, Lindeloff and got Mbappe but sent him off on loan. Also got Lassana Diarra on a 1 year deal for free, felt like I didn't have enough midfielders but I regret that decision now as I forgot about BFS. :lol:

Tried to go for Bakokyoko and Fabinho but no luck.

Thinking of switching between 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 3-5-2. Any advice on playing style with United?

Does Martial develop well as a striker?

Last edited:

KM

Started a game with Monaco. Won the league in the first season and CL in first season. Germain is excellent in this game but the real stars were Lemar, Sidibe and Silva.

Had to sell Fabinho for 60m, Falcao for 20m and United offered 118m for Silva which I duly accepted.

Signed Delle for 68m and Berardi for 25m. Tielemans isn't interested in moving but Monaco had some quality players on loan in the first season which has really strengthened my squad.

Oh and the board announced the development of a new stadium 30k seater.

KM

What's the highest you guys have sold a player for? United's first offer was 119m but it was non negotiable.

Mbappe surprisingly isn't that great at the start but I'm developing him. United finished sixth but won the Europa Cup. Also van Dijk is a monster on this. Chelsea signed him and he regularly gets 8.2 ratings.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
When i first bought the game i started as Watford. First season was a real ball ache and forcing Deeney out of the club was impossible and ultimately meant the whole squad turned against me even though he was terrible all season and didn't suit my formation.

So i started a new save as Udinese, that went terribly aswell and was given 5 ganes to save myself at christmas!

Think I don't like the harder saves of building teams up as i am not that good at tactics, so instead after a few months without playing the game i have started a save with RBL who i had originally planned to start the game with before it was released. They set up they have is better then i thought and they have a great squad of potential and plaers readyfor the first team so I'm hoping ill stick with this one.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Van Dijk is incredible in FM17, I think they have overrated him.

cj_sparky

Started a journey man save, a while back. Has been great fun.

Started at Cardiff Met in the Welsh League. Finished 2nd both seasons and won the JD Welsh Cup in the 2nd season.

Moved to Velzbazhd in the 3rd season, who had just been promoted to the Bulgarian 2nd league. Won the Bulgarian 2nd League. Resigned 3 months into the new campaign, after an average start in the 1st League.

Had to wait two months until Sutton United offered me the job to save them from a relegation battle in December. Managed wheel and deal. Ended up finishing 8th in the Conference by the end of the 4th season. 5th season won the Conference and FA Trophy. 6th season saw a 3rd place finish in League Two and Promotion. 7th season I was comfortably in the playoffs, when in January Southampton came calling.

Joined Southampton in Jan with them in the bottom 3 and finished the 7th season in 13th. 8th season saw a 4th place finish (Champions League Qualification) and an FA Cup win.

Currently in the 9th season, in November. Sitting 3rd in the league, won my champions league group with two games still to play in a group with R.Madrid, Marseille and Dinamo.

Signed Martial in the mast summer window. 14 games, 10 goals and 10 assists. Have O.Dembele coming in for 12m from R.Madrid in January too.

Tiber

I bought FM in the steam sale. Currently in November, top of the league and flying.

Valencia is currently in a huff with me because I won't give him his "dream move" to Guangzhou... odd

Jev

Anyone running the game on a MacBook Pro (2015 Retina Edition, 8 GB)? How's the performance?

Considering jumping on the Steam sale to see if I can still get hooked.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The manager creation is horrifying :lol: My guy looks like a crackhead alien.

Is there a list anywhere of the top players on fm? Obviously the search in the game doesn't cover everyone anymore, and I'm looking at Moyesesque first season after fecking up Dybala's contract and putting in big offers for Verratti and Griezmann and being denied.

Any searches just bring up wonderkid articles. Feck your wonderkids, we need results now.

Anyone running the game on a MacBook Pro (2015 Retina Edition, 8 GB)? How's the performance?

Considering jumping on the Steam sale to see if I can still get hooked.
I'm on MBP 13 mid-2012, 16GB. Performance is A ok, specially without the 3D which sucks anyway. Imagine you'd be ok?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The feck is with the costs of players too? Since I used to play this years ago, I'd read that suchabody can be got for such an amount, but in my game there's zero chance and they want double.

WhoDaGOAT

I used to spend hours upon hours glued to this series, but then you start to realise "what am I actually doing with my life?" :lol:

I haven't heard good things in recent years, so have avoided it since 2014. There are only so many generic press conference answers a man can take!

Winning The Champions League with Ajax back in 2005 was pretty sweet. I remember Ando being a complete savage circa 2007.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The feck is with the costs of players too? Since I used to play this years ago, I'd read that suchabody can be got for such an amount, but in my game there's zero chance and they want double.
A good example is me just putting in a 60m bid for Dier and them coming back with 110m??

Ok so prices are barmy these days, but my transfer budget of 70m doesn't reflect that.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Told the club (Milan) to buy Mbappe... so they did for £156m :houllier:

iammemphis

Finished season one with Leipzig. Despite qualifying for champions league nobody wants to sign for me! Any decent players anyway. I wanted to add experience to add to the wealth of young talent they have but with everybody refusing to even negotiate i may just to have to keep signing potential and not challenge for the league for a few more seasons.

Art Vandelay

I'm starting my fifth season at United. Won three PL's, three FA Cups, four Charity Shields and got to two CL finals. Have a Balon D'or winner, World Player of the Year winner(both Gabigol), Gold Boy winner(regen who is Gabigol's understudy and not even my best young player dunno how he won it) and best player in Europe winner(Dybala with 44 goals and 14 assists in 42 games) all in my side.

Yet signing players has become stupid. I tried to sign Rugani, he wanted an £11m signing on fee, agent wanted £5m and then he wanted £250k a week. He signed for City days later for £170k a week. Jose Giminez wanted the same signing on fees along with £300k a week! He signed for Monaco a week later for £155k a week. Tried to sign a 17 year old and an 18 year old. Both wanted £60k a week and wouldn't accept anything less than being key players. They would be competing with Pogba and Gabigol for game time! It feels like it's just broken now. Can't sign anyone on those mad wages.

PeteManic

Hope they tone down Lukaku's stats on new one. Going to be even easier with United.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm starting my fifth season at United. Won three PL's, three FA Cups, four Charity Shields and got to two CL finals. Have a Balon D'or winner, World Player of the Year winner(both Gabigol), Gold Boy winner(regen who is Gabigol's understudy and not even my best young player dunno how he won it) and best player in Europe winner(Dybala with 44 goals and 14 assists in 42 games) all in my side.

Yet signing players has become stupid. I tried to sign Rugani, he wanted an £11m signing on fee, agent wanted £5m and then he wanted £250k a week. He signed for City days later for £170k a week. Jose Giminez wanted the same signing on fees along with £300k a week! He signed for Monaco a week later for £155k a week. Tried to sign a 17 year old and an 18 year old. Both wanted £60k a week and wouldn't accept anything less than being key players. They would be competing with Pogba and Gabigol for game time! It feels like it's just broken now. Can't sign anyone on those mad wages.
I'd look at determination stats of your manager

Dracula

caf plane air-master
I got fed up of FM on the FM15 version. One of main annoyances was the boring media crap.

Hows this game in comparison to the last few years? Starting to feel need to play again.

Worth getting?

GBBQ

I got fed up of FM on the FM15 version. One of main annoyances was the boring media crap.

Hows this game in comparison to the last few years? Starting to feel need to play again.

Worth getting?
I have been a casual player (Think I bought a couple of the early ones then 09, 12, 15 and now 17).

I gave up on 15 early enough for similar reasons but for this I just have the assistant manager do the things I don't want to do and it makes the game more accessible for me.

Rake

I feel that there isn't any actual progress on the game.. The last 2-3 versions just feel like DLCs rather than new improved products.

The new features are obsolete or broken, like hiring a Scientist but his stats doesn't matter etc... I`d like to buy it but it would feel like wasted money.

iammemphis

RB Leipzig are hands down the best team to start with. The inital squad you inherit has some unbelievable potential waiting for you, right down to the acadamy. My first newgen draft in the summer had two wonderkids. The board give you a decent transfer budget and have even negotiated for me a deal on an amazing brazilian for £15m even though i had just spunked all of my budget.

Qualified for champions league season 1 and currently top of the league in October 2017.