Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Dan_F

Don’t do it, was going to leave Newcastle after two seasons for arsenal and my brother said, if you do that, you may as well have started with Arsenal!

Will mean a lot more getting there with Sunderland
Yeah definitely. Unless you’re starting unemployed and working your way up to the top. Even then, who would want to be Arsenal.

Wayne's World

Does anyone use "Cautious" when playing big teams away? Doesn't matter what I do against any top side away from home, I could drop the defensive line, stop pressing, look at the opposition notes and nothing works.

Literally could go anything against the likes of Bayern or Dortmund away from home (As in attacking, positive , balanced , cautious etc) and I'd still get twatted.

Just checked in my 6 years at St. Pauli, my record against Bayern Munich away from home is 39-3 :lol::eek:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Does anyone use "Cautious" when playing big teams away? Doesn't matter what I do against any top side away from home, I could drop the defensive line, stop pressing, look at the opposition notes and nothing works.

Literally could go anything against the likes of Bayern or Dortmund away from home (As in attacking, positive , balanced , cautious etc) and I'd still get twatted.

Just checked in my 6 years at St. Pauli, my record against Bayern Munich away from home is 39-3 :lol::eek:
I have the same issue mate. Best option for me seems to be just going cautious and going for a draw. Drew away to Spurs and City (both 0-0) last season and beat United 1-0 at Old Trafford.

Still got beaten by Liverpool (3-0) and Chelsea (1-0) but was happy enough. Only lost 2-1 away to Barcelona too, which was a decent first leg result, just couldn’t get it done at h

I am playing a 4-1-2-3 gegenpress and literally just change the mentality and not the players roles. Found that just causes more issues.

I actually find that away from home against middling teams is where I come unstuck because if I stay positive, I risk getting done on the counter, but if I go balanced or cautious, they seem to take control.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Missed this thread so probably posted the question in the wrong thread:

How do you change from wages being shown annually to weekly in FM20?

Thanks!

Santos J

Missed this thread so probably posted the question in the wrong thread:

How do you change from wages being shown annually to weekly in FM20?

Thanks!
Preferences > Advanced > Formats

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Aww man, I've just seen this from last year in my save. I feel really sorry for Lyon :lol:

That's about as close as I've seen somebody get to PSG in season 1 in terms of AI teams.

I may try and get the job after Sunderland to knock PSG off that top spot.

diarm

The save I'm on at the moment is the most I've enjoyed FM since the days of 01/02 and my all conquering Kim Kallstrom and Morten Gamst Pederson side. I'm playing with a friend who's based in Dubai so we're limited in how many hours we can sink into it, which leaves me constantly itching to get back to it rather than playing it into the ground the whole time.

It's not even that I'm destroying everyone because there nothing to pick between (his) Spurs, City, Chelsea and ourselves in the top 4. I just seem to have stumbled upon a great squad dynamic and all our wonderkids (Greenwood, Sancho, Tonali, Baro, Dalot, Gomes and Mejbri), are progressing faster than I've sever seen in the game before.

Maluco

The save I'm on at the moment is the most I've enjoyed FM since the days of 01/02 and my all conquering Kim Kallstrom and Morten Gamst Pederson side. I'm playing with a friend who's based in Dubai so we're limited in how many hours we can sink into it, which leaves me constantly itching to get back to it rather than playing it into the ground the whole time.

It's not even that I'm destroying everyone because there nothing to pick between (his) Spurs, City, Chelsea and ourselves in the top 4. I just seem to have stumbled upon a great squad dynamic and all our wonderkids (Greenwood, Sancho, Tonali, Baro, Dalot, Gomes and Mejbri), are progressing faster than I've sever seen in the game before.
If I were you I would have a side save I could get on with in the meantime. Something really different.

RedMist99

Hi guys, looking for some advice with the data editor.

Every good Friday, myself and 21 friends play a friendly and raise money for British Heart Foundation as our friend sadly passed away following a heart attack. As we aren't able to play this year, I thought it would simulate the game, creating two teams and 22 players in the data editor. What would be the easiest way to facilitate this? My first idea was to create two teams and have them play the Charity Shield. Not sure if this is possible though?

I know people on here have done games with edited players so if you have any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Santos J

Hi guys, looking for some advice with the data editor.

Every good Friday, myself and 21 friends play a friendly and raise money for British Heart Foundation as our friend sadly passed away following a heart attack. As we aren't able to play this year, I thought it would simulate the game, creating two teams and 22 players in the data editor. What would be the easiest way to facilitate this? My first idea was to create two teams and have them play the Charity Shield. Not sure if this is possible though?

I know people on here have done games with edited players so if you have any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
It'd be a bit of a ballache to create 2 and a cup from scratch as league rules are long to mess around with, if it's just for a one off your best bet would be to just change the names of Liverpool & City then add 11 players to each of those teams and do it that way so you have the Community Shield ready to go.

Ludens the Red

Yeah this is an annoyance. It’s killed or be killed.
If you use bus parking tactics you can keep the score down but you offer feck all going forward and end up conceding from a set piece anyway. If you go attacking you just get picked off. I mean to be fair it is sort of realistic. How many sides go away from home and pick up results at the best teams.

I tried a ultra bus parking formation where I played a back five and then 5 in the Dm positions directly in front. Restricted Chelsea to long range shots, was working. But then they somehow managed to score from a cross with Abraham even though I had seven players around him.

Maluco

I think the solution is possibly a defensive formation but staying positive.

I just did this in my game. After winning the title in my 4th season, was 7 points behind in January and in terrible form. Started using my defensive formation but staying positive.

Morale was low after 3 draws on the trot but an extra time Carabao Cup final winner boosted everyone and we only drew one game the rest of the season.

4-1-2-3 formation but positive and high tempo. We ended up beating Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi on Saturday (2-0) , Liverpool at home on Wednesday (3-1 Zaniolo hat trick) and Man City away on Saturday (2-1). My best week ever on this version.

Won the league with a game to spare and finished the season beating West Brom in the FA Cup final.

Domestic treble and most enjoyable run I have ever been on in the game. So many massive moments.

Going to stay positive away to the big teams next season and see what happens.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just play balanced all the time unless you think you'll tonk a team and put it on attacking. You can adjust it to defensive or whatever in game. By all means set a defensive formation but I think choosing the defensive overal mentality sets you up to lose. As soon as you concede you've had it.

Maluco

Just play balanced all the time unless you think you'll tonk a team and put it on attacking. You can adjust it to defensive or whatever in game. By all means set a defensive formation but I think choosing the defensive overal mentality sets you up to lose. As soon as you concede you've had it.
I am starting to think this too. I make sure I have men back in midfield but keep the mentality positive now and it is having better results.

I was going cautious on away games, especially in Europe and it was a lottery. It worked at times but if I conceded first, the match was gone.

Dan_F

Surprised this thread hasn’t been busier over the bank holiday weekend.

I’ve managed to get Bath City from National League South up to League Two in two years. It’s taken so many free transfers and loans but the aim was to get in the football league and build up the club a bit, before pushing further. I’ve managed to buy some of the players that were previously loaned and always tried to focus on players that were willing to drop down a division, so that they could still be used the following season if I got promoted.

Ran away with the league in the second half of the first season and got promoted via the playoffs in my second season. Also managed to win the FA Trophy in the second season. I’ve been pretty fortunate with FA cup draws both seasons, up till the third round ( mainly non league teams). Then annoyingly I drew Everton at home (away would have been financially excellent). Then second season I got Bournemouth away, which is only just about double the capacity of my ground!

Also made a couple of really bad errors, mainly due to the fact I’m used to managing higher up the leagues. My top striker went into the last 6 months of his contract and signed for a team in Ireland. I really dropped the ball on it. Have an 18 yr old back up striker, who the coach reckons is a potential EPL player. But his morale is shit because I blocked transfers, so I don’t know if it’s worth keeping him.

I also didn’t realise my AM was handling player sales of the U18 (because I didn’t have any in the first season). He sold my best player from the academy (four star potential) for £80k and sell on %. Absolutely fuming that I messed that up. Also signed a defender who broke his ankle a week later.

I’ll update on my League Two progress if anyones interested.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
What's this like on mobile? It's on offer for a fiver and was unsure if worth getting
Depends how new your phone is, I bought the mobile version once (about 5 years ago to be fair) and it absolutely destroyed my battery life. Id need to have it on permanent charge if i wanted to get it now with a 3 year old phone already struggling.

Berbaclass

I've been playing a lot on my Sunderland save over the weekend but nothing really exciting. My 3rd season (1st back in the PL) we came 11th and I was fairly happy with that.

I'm halfway through season four at the moment I'm just trying to stabilize the finances and not go wild with contracts/fees as we were pissing money away the first two seasons due to all the high contracts but I'm on top of it now, we have a balance of ~£50 Million and provided we stay in the PL it will just keep growing.

This season I've been focusing on overhauling the staff and scouting system. I did it back in League 1 but it's not up to standard anymore and my vision is for us to be producing our own youth quality youth players in the next 5-10 years. Got my recruitment up to exceptional and we're currently upgrading youth and training facilities. Building a nice solid foundation to grow even after I've left.

I've spent around ~£100 Million on players since being back in the prem and also brought in around ~£40 Million so I'm happy with that too. Most of it was securing key players that I had on loan (Nicolo Armini - £20 Million) also brought in Trincao (£23 Million) and McTominay (£15 Million) but most of the others have been bargain/free signings. My particular favorite is a regen I signed for 250k from TNS in season two, Josh Cash. He's actually Irish but he chose to play for England the traitor :lol:

Here he is!

I haven't really produced anything of note from our academy yet but I'm hoping we're going in that direction. I have sold a few awful regens to Burnley though for about 3-4 Million each :lol:

I've just appointed a new HoYD in the last few weeks too, used to be at Lyon/PSG so hopefully he does the trick!

Castia

Currently in 2026 playing with United, Spurs are on the verge of relegation!

8 games to go and 4 points behind 17th. They’ve got a decent squad too. They just bought a top class regen from inter for £92m.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I've been playing a lot on my Sunderland save over the weekend but nothing really exciting. My 3rd season (1st back in the PL) we came 11th and I was fairly happy with that.

I'm halfway through season four at the moment I'm just trying to stabilize the finances and not go wild with contracts/fees as we were pissing money away the first two seasons due to all the high contracts but I'm on top of it now, we have a balance of ~£50 Million and provided we stay in the PL it will just keep growing.

This season I've been focusing on overhauling the staff and scouting system. I did it back in League 1 but it's not up to standard anymore and my vision is for us to be producing our own youth quality youth players in the next 5-10 years. Got my recruitment up to exceptional and we're currently upgrading youth and training facilities. Building a nice solid foundation to grow even after I've left.

I've spent around ~£100 Million on players since being back in the prem and also brought in around ~£40 Million so I'm happy with that too. Most of it was securing key players that I had on loan (Nicolo Armini - £20 Million) also brought in Trincao (£23 Million) and McTominay (£15 Million) but most of the others have been bargain/free signings. My particular favorite is a regen I signed for 250k from TNS in season two, Josh Cash. He's actually Irish but he chose to play for England the traitor :lol:

Here he is!

I haven't really produced anything of note from our academy yet but I'm hoping we're going in that direction. I have sold a few awful regens to Burnley though for about 3-4 Million each :lol:

I've just appointed a new HoYD in the last few weeks too, used to be at Lyon/PSG so hopefully he does the trick!
Sounds good mate. You'll have to tell me how the youth intake goes for you. I haven't really managed to bring anyone decent through yet. :(

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surprised this thread hasn’t been busier over the bank holiday weekend.
Ended up going back to my Fm19 pentagon save as I'm a cheapo and didn't want to play full price, plus I have never actually completed it and I'm 3/5. Currently at Bayer Leverkusen, they gave me a £2m transfer budget and asked for CL football, I then made a £40m net profit on transfers with £11m left there and about £80k in the wage budget. Part way through the season the board took all the money because the finances we're screwed. I think they might be poorly run behind the scenes. :lol:

Maluco

Good to read some new stories in here. Won the domestic treble with Newcastle in my 5th season. It was probably the most enjoyable season I have had. Everything was so tight and it was full of extra time winners and big moments. A Zaniolo hat trick beating Liverpool and winning the title!

Have decided to move on and go abroad. Brand new save with Las Palmas. I love the area in real life, one of my favorite places, so decided to jump in.

The team is aging and awful. One player on 29,000 a week (next down is 10,000) and won’t leave! Best player probably 38 year old striker Ruben Castro.

Looks like two loan signings, Fran Vileba and 16 year old Barceloan loanee Pedri, will be the creative spark.

I have no money to spend but hoping to shift some of the dead weight and try and find a few young and promising players to give game time to.

I will have to look at the free transfer market too, as we have nothing at full back and are very light in the middle of the park.

It’s hard to know where to go first, only the one striker too, and at 38, I doubt he will get through a 42 game season!!

The league is full of better teams like Rayo, Sporting, Zaragoza, Deportivo, Malaga and Girona. So my work is cut out for me!

Berbaclass

I've been bored looking at the Sunderland badge so I've been designing a new one for the last 30 mins.

Ludens the Red

I know you cant technically 'complete' FM but I think this runs it close.

I've been bored looking at the Sunderland badge so I've been designing a new one for the last 30 mins.

Haha, this is peak FM geek mode. But solid effort if a little 'Hollywood;. More an American sports team logo.

Berbaclass

WTF is this guy. I'm going to have to break the bank for him :drool:

How easy must it be to manage Ajax :houllier:

Berbaclass

Found this guy 6 months ago and agreed a deal worth £1.1 Million thinking he would get a permit. Turns out he played only 37% of the national games when he needed 45%. Now fecking PSG are about to steal him :rolleyes:

Nickosaur

Won the CL with Brighton over the weekend, celebrated like a nutter :lol:
Couldn't retain the PL title though... in fact we came 4th and were well off the pace in the end.
Made some interesting signings in the summer so hoping to be more competitive in the league again. Problem is all the big teams are so rich, Chelsea in particular have an outrageous squad and it will be a real struggle to match them i reckon.

diarm

I'm loving my United save at the moment but I have an issue with dropping points away from home against silly teams. My record against the top 6 is fantastic but I've thrown away the title with poor games away to Palace, Bournemouth, Watford and Southampton.

I reckon it's down to how young my squad is so I'm reluctant to make drastic changes ahead of next year. I've Liverpool in the Cup final and Leipzig in the Europa semis, if we can win one of those trophies and hold Spurs off for 2nd I'll be pretty happy with the first season.

Greenwood is an absolute machine - 25 goals in 27 games in all comps so far. Tonali, Pogba and Fernandes are an absolute joy in the midfield as well.

diarm

Chelsea have bid £220m for Haaland. Literallly don’t know what to do.
It's a lot of money but who can you spend it on to replace his goals?

I had planned to bring Haaland in during my second summer but with Greenwood outscoring him this season I'm not so sure. Might buy him anyway and rotate them.