Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I feel you man, I managed to come 2nd in the league behind them and lose to them in the FA Cup final.
They tormented me in my Newcastle save too, overpowered completely and goals come from half chances.

When you finally beat them in a big game though, it’s all the sweeter!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I will, because I only have one CB on the books (Salcedo) who is actually mine, but Armini has been unbelievable.

I might just trust this guy now though, have him and Wallace from Lazio coming in now, so can maybe use loan slots for full backs and attackers now.

Las Palmas squad really falls apart early on with so many older players, so am building from scratch and totally reliant on loans.

Outside chance of CL in my first season back in La Liga though. Thanks to Armini, Reiner from Madrid and Petanga, a surprise package who has been unbelievable at TM!

Another loanee who I won’t be able to keep.
I have a real soft spot for Las Palmas. I had one of my best ever saves with them on FM13. Good luck!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Got bored of my Sunderland save. :( Finished unbeaten in my 9th season and won the CL again. Think I’ve hit the peak. I could try and dominate for a couple of years but I’ll probably pick the save up again when I have work to do and can run it in the background.

I found a database online which has all of the Scottish leagues including junior level. Found my hometown and they’re in like the 12th tier of Scottish football. Think I might start a save with them so I’m constantly challenged.

Maluco

Rarely have I had a strike partnership as good as the one I have right now. Torres is insane.

Look at Nunez stats!! Those are unbelievable!

I can never seem to take players to those same heights.

Berbaclass

Look at Nunez stats!! Those are unbelievable!

I can never seem to take players to those same heights.
I could have signed him for £6 Million but I reluctantly forked out 18.5 Million to get around the work permit rule. Ernesto Torres cost £3.2 Million.

Scouting in South America is absolutely key man. After a few years there will be absolute monsters available for peanuts!

IDK what the rules are like in Spain you might be able to have far more joy with work permits.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Saw a pretty neat idea so decided to try it. Went in the pre game editor and gave transfer embargoes until 2100 to every team in the top 4 leagues in England, top 2 in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, top league in Portugal, Russia, Netherlands and Scotland. Then also changed their owner type to be founder, non-vote member (whatever it was) and checked off "will remain fan owned" so that there wasn't any takeovers (take overs would remove the embargo I think). Basically froze all transfers from the main and even secondary leagues and their lower divisions.
Then just go on holiday indefinitely and see how it plays out.

Currently in June 2025. United finished runners up in the prem twice and 3rd place twice, never won. CL runner up once, FA cup winner once and Europa league winner once. We're the nearly men. Greenwood and Bruno Fernandes put up some crazy stats though. Bruno seems to average like 15 goals and 30 assists a season in all comps. Liverpool won 4 of the 6 CL's (3 in a row right now), Barca and Madrid the other 2. The leagues went to City 3 times, Liverpool twice and Chelsea once.

Kind of want to just push it on holiday for a while, like 2040 or 2050, enough to bleed out the effects of transfer power right now, shift the power across Europe to be more natural through youth development, and then take over and play from there. Could see teams like Ajax, Celtic, Benfica etc turn into much bigger forces I'd imagine.

Pretty easy to set it up yourself if you're interested. In the pre game editor you can mass change teams, I just searched for the competition, went in and under teams selected them all and clicked edit to then edit the entire league at once. So just repeated the process for whatever league I wanted.

Dan_F

Halfway through my third season with Bath City, after back to back promotions. Found it really tough at first, I wasn’t able to get the quality of players I wanted and ended up loaning back a few of the players that got me promoted the season before. My replacement striker has been average too, which meant I’m drawing so many games.

Finally managed to bring in a couple of older, quality players, which was needed. Within a month I’ve gone from about 18th to 9th (1 place from the playoffs). Going off experience, my teams normally get way stronger in the second half of the season too, so I’m hoping for a third promotion.

I’ve managed to loan Will Fish, who’s been quality, but United won’t give me any other players due to the quality of the league.

Maluco

I could have signed him for £6 Million but I reluctantly forked out 18.5 Million to get around the work permit rule. Ernesto Torres cost £3.2 Million.

Scouting in South America is absolutely key man. After a few years there will be absolute monsters available for peanuts!

IDK what the rules are like in Spain you might be able to have far more joy with work permits.
Only 3 non EU players allowed to be registered! Got Arezo in só hoping to build him up, and then the other two are the two CBs as the moment.

Still no money to spend só relying on free transfers and loans to fill out the squad, but yeah, I have to take full advantage of those 3 spaces and have three monsters there in the future!

Maluco

Halfway through my third season with Bath City, after back to back promotions. Found it really tough at first, I wasn’t able to get the quality of players I wanted and ended up loaning back a few of the players that got me promoted the season before. My replacement striker has been average too, which meant I’m drawing so many games.

Finally managed to bring in a couple of older, quality players, which was needed. Within a month I’ve gone from about 18th to 9th (1 place from the playoffs). Going off experience, my teams normally get way stronger in the second half of the season too, so I’m hoping for a third promotion.

I’ve managed to loan Will Fish, who’s been quality, but United won’t give me any other players due to the quality of the league.
How have you managed changing the squad so rapidly? Do you find the 3-4 loans of higher quality can get you through seasons?

TheReligion

Abusive
So I'm playing FM mobile and I'm hooked. Taking me back to my school days and why the game ruined my exams.

For the experts here thought I'd share my Newcastle season and get some opinions and advice. I'm in January and 12th in the league with approximately 30m in the bank to spend. I've brought in some interesting players and was just finding my feet with the game as it's my first save.

Got a Columbian strike force of Alfredo Morelos and Jhon Cordoba. Cordoba has been brilliant but the pair of them are very feisty and like to wind up opponents. Sitting in behind I have Juan Pablo Quintero. Another Colombian. Got him for £4m so pretty much nothing. I also use Almiron here. On the wings I have Saint Maxim and Berahma (from Brentford). I also have Kean on loan from Everton who can play here or up top. Bentaleb holds and has been okay and also signed Bellingham with the Longstaffs on the bench.

At the back I've bought Scott McKenna from Aberdeen, Joe Worral from Forest and Christophe Jullian from Celtic. Also kept Lacselles as my main man. Usually play him and Mckenna. Full backs are what was there really and an area to improve although Rose has been very good.

I've had bids accepted for Doucoure and Wilson Barrios (another Columbian ha ha). Unsure who/if I should get one of them? Will cost me £25m roughly but that's my budget.

Thoughts? @Berbaclass @Maluco anyone else?

Berbaclass

So I'm playing FM mobile and I'm hooked. Taking me back to my school days and why the game ruined my exams.

For the experts here thought I'd share my Newcastle season and get some opinions and advice. I'm in January and 12th in the league with approximately 30m in the bank to spend. I've brought in some interesting players and was just finding my feet with the game as it's my first save.

Got a Columbian strike force of Alfredo Morelos and Jhon Cordoba. Cordoba has been brilliant but the pair of them are very feisty and like to wind up opponents. Sitting in behind I have Juan Pablo Quintero. Another Colombian. Got him for £4m so pretty much nothing. I also use Almiron here. On the wings I have Saint Maxim and Berahma (from Brentford). I also have Kean on loan from Everton who can play here or up top. Bentaleb holds and has been okay and also signed Bellingham with the Longstaffs on the bench.

At the back I've bought Scott McKenna from Aberdeen, Joe Worral from Forest and Christophe Jullian from Celtic. Also kept Lacselles as my main man. Usually play him and Mckenna. Full backs are what was there really and an area to improve although Rose has been very good.

I've had bids accepted for Doucoure and Wilson Barrios (another Columbian ha ha). Unsure who/if I should get one of them? Will cost me £25m roughly but that's my budget.

Two good options but depends what you want from them. IIRC Barrios is more of a BWM and Doucoure more of a BBM.

Maluco

Honestly save yourself a bit of money and pick up Toni Herrero from Levante. I got him for less than a million and threw him straight in and he has been brilliant for me. It leaves you money for elsewhere.

Also picked up Noah Kenneh from Leeds and even though he is young, three him straight in and he performed from the very start and is growing rapidly. Got him for about 2 mil in installments!

Berbaclass

Honestly save yourself a bit of money and pick up Toni Herrero from Levante. I got him for less than a million and threw him straight in and he has been brilliant for me. It leaves you money for elsewhere.

Also picked up Noah Kenneh from Leeds and even though he is young, three him straight in and he performed from the very start and is growing rapidly. Got him for about 2 mil in installments!
Yeah, Kenneh is a beast. I have an FMT save with Leeds and he's so good.

I've really tried to get him in my Sunderland save, I forgot to go after him and Newcastle snapped him up for 800k in season 1.

I could now but he probably wouldn't be good enough with all the regens now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I agree with Toni Herrero shout. I picked him up for 2m and he was excellent for 3 or 4 seasons for me in the PL. I sold him recently for 40m because i found a regen who was better. Tasty profit and he was only on around 40k a week too so Herrero is a great budget signing.

There is a lad at Spurs called Dermi Lusala too for RB. He isn't that great going forward but is pretty defensively solid and was quite cheap. Again - I think I picked him up for 1m and just sold him for 25m.

Berbaclass

RB is much more difficult IMO. Just noticed that when I was trying to think of good cheap players.

All of the good ones that come to my mind are really expensive (Aarons, Trent, Hoever, James, Hakimi)

Dest maybe? I'm not sure how much you can get him for at the beginning.

I always play IWB now and get technical, quick CB's to convert. Armiri has been very good for me on either side, obviously great option at CB too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
RB is much more difficult IMO. Just noticed that when I was trying to think of good cheap players.

All of the good ones that come to my mind are really expensive (Aarons, Trent, Hoever, James, Hakimi)

Dest maybe? I'm not sure how much you can get him for at the beginning.

I always play IWB now and get technical, quick CB's to convert. Armiri has been very good for me on either side, obviously great option at CB too.
Full backs in general on the game seem to be in very short supply. If you don't snap up a wonderkid fast then they will get picked up by the big clubs and end up costing you 50m+ no matter who they are. It is the position I have found most disparity in terms of rating. They are either 3 star or 5 star. There isn't really an in between much compared to Strikers for example where there are too many good strikers to choose from.

Berbaclass

Full backs in general on the game seem to be in very short supply. If you don't snap up a wonderkid fast then they will get picked up by the big clubs and end up costing you 50m+ no matter who they are. It is the position I have found most disparity in terms of rating. They are either 3 star or 5 star. There isn't really an in between much compared to Strikers for example where there are too many good strikers to choose from.
Yeah, that's very true. I'm sick of getting recommended CM - DLP and ST - AF when I have hundreds of them already. I've spent the last couple of seasons finally getting decent upgrades to both my FB's.

Nickosaur

I got a fantastic RB/RWB from Benfica - Tomas Tavares - for my Brighton side. In the second season he cost me £30m, so not exactly a cheap or shrewd signing, but I think he starts the game at 19.
He's very good attacking (think he has 15 crossing and 12 dribbling right now) and has been my no.1 RB for the last 8 seasons. We won the Premier League in 2026 and the CL in 2027, so overall I think the deal has worked out!

Nickosaur

Oh and also search Zagre for left back. Can't remember his first name... and I can't remember where I signed up from either. He's french though, and cost about £17m in season 3, and he's class now. His best role is complete wing back and he's a great all round footballer.

Maluco

Luca Connell too! As a playmaker, he has been immense for me!

Maluco

This is true! Because of my finances in first few seasons, only have one full back on the books and have had to use my loans to buff out the options (cucurella, Correia and Hoever)

Only got five million in the summer and 2 of that went to help the wage bill! I’m hoping I can bring in an RB that will actually be my player next summer!

Berbaclass

Players are taking the piss now.

Found a nice CM at BATE and he's earning 24k p/a and I bid £1.5 Million, it gets accepted and he's demanding £5 Million p/a. What the actual feck :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Thanks for all the ideas gents. I can get Herrero for £2m so lined him up. Also signed a winger, Skov Olsen. Cost a few quid but looks decent. I'm hoping he progresses well.

So I think I really need a RB (I'm using Lazaro at the moment who is already at Newcastle on loan) and another lad I bought called Framberger. Need a long term upgrade though.

Also need a DMC or holding player. I'm training the Longstaffs up in the role so that might have to do. I use Bentaleb there mainly. I thought my prayers had been answered with a gem I found in South America. Uruguayan. Urgate or something his name? Got him cheap but deal collapsed due to work permit.

Santos J

Thanks for all the ideas gents. I can get Herrero for £2m so lined him up. Also signed a winger, Skov Olsen. Cost a few quid but looks decent. I'm hoping he progresses well.

So I think I really need a RB (I'm using Lazaro at the moment who is already at Newcastle on loan) and another lad I bought called Framberger. Need a long term upgrade though.

Also need a DMC or holding player. I'm training the Longstaffs up in the role so that might have to do. I use Bentaleb there mainly. I thought my prayers had been answered with a gem I found in South America. Uruguayan. Urgate or something his name? Got him cheap but deal collapsed due to work permit.
Zeki Celik isn't wonderkid age but he's young enough at 23 first season, can usually be picked up for around £5m max & he ends up one of the best overall right backs around.

Maluco

I managed to sneak into the CL in my first season up with Las Palmas and am doing well. I have negotiated a tricky group (Inter, Lyon, Leipzig) and am around the top 4 again in the league heading into the winter break.

My biggest issue is building up a squad. I have poor options outside my starters in attack and loan signings Hoever, Renato Sanchez, McTominey, Brewster all start.

Do I just try to add one of two in the summer or do sell either Traore or Kenneh to try and invest in the squad?

Both those two, especially Traore, have been vital so far and their backups aren’t good enough.

So do I wait and see if they will release me some CL cash (45 million in bank so far) or cash in and try to get in at least a right back of my own and more options in attack?

Berbaclass

I managed to sneak into the CL in my first season up with Las Palmas and am doing well. I have negotiated a tricky group (Inter, Lyon, Leipzig) and am around the top 4 again in the league heading into the winter break.

My biggest issue is building up a squad. I have poor options outside my starters in attack and loan signings Hoever, Renato Sanchez, McTominey, Brewster all start.

Do I just try to add one of two in the summer or do sell either Traore or Kenneh to try and invest in the squad?

Both those two, especially Traore, have been vital so far and their backups aren’t good enough.

So do I wait and see if they will release me some CL cash (45 million in bank so far) or cash in and try to get in at least a right back of my own and more options in attack?
It took me 3/4 years before I was able to start properly filling out the squad with quality depth.

Season 5 and 6 for me were huge. They gave me 40 Million and 80 Million to spend and I with the help from my scouting team was able to get some gems and get in the CL and then do the treble in season 6.

Maluco

It took me 3/4 years before I was able to start properly filling out the squad with quality depth.

Season 5 and 6 for me were huge. They gave me 40 Million and 80 Million to spend and I with the help from my scouting team was able to get some gems and get in the CL and then do the treble in season 6.
Thanks mate, that actually helps. I will just have to accept that I will drop points because of a lack of rotation options. That’s just the nature of it early on!

BTW, Adarabioyo has been immense so far. Definitely a proper rep for Armini, which I thought would be impossible!

bosnian_red

Saw a pretty neat idea so decided to try it. Went in the pre game editor and gave transfer embargoes until 2100 to every team in the top 4 leagues in England, top 2 in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, top league in Portugal, Russia, Netherlands and Scotland. Then also changed their owner type to be founder, non-vote member (whatever it was) and checked off "will remain fan owned" so that there wasn't any takeovers (take overs would remove the embargo I think). Basically froze all transfers from the main and even secondary leagues and their lower divisions.
Then just go on holiday indefinitely and see how it plays out.

Currently in June 2025. United finished runners up in the prem twice and 3rd place twice, never won. CL runner up once, FA cup winner once and Europa league winner once. We're the nearly men. Greenwood and Bruno Fernandes put up some crazy stats though. Bruno seems to average like 15 goals and 30 assists a season in all comps. Liverpool won 4 of the 6 CL's (3 in a row right now), Barca and Madrid the other 2. The leagues went to City 3 times, Liverpool twice and Chelsea once.

Kind of want to just push it on holiday for a while, like 2040 or 2050, enough to bleed out the effects of transfer power right now, shift the power across Europe to be more natural through youth development, and then take over and play from there. Could see teams like Ajax, Celtic, Benfica etc turn into much bigger forces I'd imagine.

Pretty easy to set it up yourself if you're interested. In the pre game editor you can mass change teams, I just searched for the competition, went in and under teams selected them all and clicked edit to then edit the entire league at once. So just repeated the process for whatever league I wanted.
Slight oversight, though not sure if I can get around it. If players run down their contracts, they get signed by the random leagues I didn't give embargo's to... Would be nice if I can make it a pure youth + free transfer game, but I think purely youth products and then the player drops to nothing leagues if they don't extend at their current club is the best I can do.

Maluco

Slight oversight, though not sure if I can get around it. If players run down their contracts, they get signed by the random leagues I didn't give embargo's to... Would be nice if I can make it a pure youth + free transfer game, but I think purely youth products and then the player drops to nothing leagues if they don't extend at their current club is the best I can do.
I think you will find that Liverpool dominate for a long time. All their younger players evolve really quickly are are all worth 50 million within a few seasons. It’s actually insane how overpowered they are.

bosnian_red

I think you will find that Liverpool dominate for a long time. All their younger players evolve really quickly are are all worth 50 million within a few seasons. It’s actually insane how overpowered they are.
Until 2030 Liverpool only dominated the first half with the 3 CL's in a row, but after that City won 4 leagues in a row with United 2nd every time, and then United finally winning in 2029.

Celtic turned into champions league final regulars, probably because I forgot to give the Scottish league transfer embargoes and they pick up the likes of Sancho for free when his contract expires after 6-7 years (and sign every talent).