Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don't know if i like the new graphics during matchday in terms of fitness etc. It does look 'cooler' but i prefer having the numbers rather than the heart filler.

Dave_MUFC

Don't know if i like the new graphics during matchday in terms of fitness etc. It does look 'cooler' but i prefer having the numbers rather than the heart filler.
I think it's more realistic this way. Realistically a player is going to be unfit, half fit, or fit. So a player being 86% fit for example, doesn't really make sense in terms of judging in the real world.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think it's more realistic this way. Realistically a player is going to be unfit, half fit, or fit. So a player being 86% fit for example, doesn't really make sense in terms of judging in the real world.
Yeah, agreed on that front. I think it will just take some getting used to!

The post match interviews are making me laugh too.

The "I wouldn't swap him for 'x player'" bits. The player choices are a bit random. I wouldn't swap DCL for Ronaldo or Tom Davies for Ivan Rakitic apparently.

Dave_MUFC

Definitely need to get used to the matchday layout.

Getting a bit confused looking at both mine and the opposition ratings during a game, and possession.

Santos J

Theres so much I want to do with the United side, but I just don't see it entertaining enough long term
Yeah I always feel the same, just gets boring managing Utd or other big teams for me. Usually play a couple of days as them on the BETA just to get used to it and stuff then jump into a save I'm interested in.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Just downloading now - might be interesting to start with Dortmund - can imagine toppling Bayern and then Europe within a few years if you can keep hold of players. Usually start with United though for a season or two then try and manage across the top major leagues when interesting opportunities come up.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I've decided on Sporting.
A bit of a challenge for the first year or so with Porto and Benfica, but after that, it's trying to conquer Europe.
Plus that left back looks tasty

Shit they're broke AF.
0 funds and 1.5mil next season :lol:

Last edited:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
How so?

If you're not planning on moving around it's the best setup IMO.
It just tends to over saturate the market.
With only England loaded as a playable nation, not as many transfers are made.
More players than clubs want so the overall value drops. Quality players want moves, clubs don't want them

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Anybody else got a bug where their cursor doesn't lineup with with where they are clicking? I constantly have to click above everything.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It just tends to over saturate the market.
With only England loaded as a playable nation, not as many transfers are made.
More players than clubs want so the overall value drops. Quality players want moves, clubs don't want them
More players = more transfers in general

AI teams still make transfers

I've never found it to be an issue. You should always load as many players as you can IMO.

Limiting the players in the DB will really limit youth intakes in the future also.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
More players = more transfers in general

AI teams still make transfers

I've never found it to be an issue. You should always load as many players as you can IMO.

Limiting the players in the DB will really limit youth intakes in the future also.
I do load lots of players, just also load leagues as well.
It may be more of a smaller club problem, but when I managed Stockport, in League 2 I ended up signing Championship on frees quality players cause nobody wanted them. Within 6 months I was selling these players for decent money, just ruined the game.

Asked on the SI forum and the majority just said I've loaded more players than leagues

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I do load lots of players, just also load leagues as well.
It may be more of a smaller club problem, but when I managed Stockport, in League 2 I ended up signing Championship on frees quality players cause nobody wanted them. Within 6 months I was selling these players for decent money, just ruined the game.

Asked on the SI forum and the majority just said I've loaded more players than leagues
If that's something that concerns you just load one country and have every other league on view-only. I would always load all the players though.

Beagle

Anyone able to download graphics packs? (Logos, faces etc.) On most of the usual places like sortitoutsi, fmscout they seem to be behind a paywall. I remember these being freely downloadable. Am I doing this wrong?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone else play windowed mode? Crashed a few times for me last night in that mode.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Issues so far.

Only allowed make 3 seperate subs in a friendly match
commentators say "the fans show their appreciation" in a behind closed doors friendly
match sounds out of sync
still no way to train the tackling attribute
Can't quick select multiple attributes in scouting
Can't search player by media description, have to sort by them, which is very messy.
Skin make me want to hurt those around me

JakeC

900 players scouted so far, focusing on all players starting the game with a "promising" media description, or wonderkid obviously. Also players on youth contracts worth over a certain value, or with international or youth international call ups.

Dave_MUFC

Anybody else got a bug where their cursor doesn't lineup with with where they are clicking? I constantly have to click above everything.
Yes, I had the same, and seems a few on the SI forums did too. It's a bug, I think.

I went into my Windows settings and noticed that my icon size etc. Is set to 125%. Set that to 100% and it sorted it.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Have they done anything to scouting? I'm still convinced it was a bit bugged in last year's version and it was cumbersome as feck to actually manage your scouts. It at least felt as if it had regressed compared to older versions.

pascell

Issues so far.

Only allowed make 3 seperate subs in a friendly match
commentators say "the fans show their appreciation" in a behind closed doors friendly
match sounds out of sync
still no way to train the tackling attribute
Can't quick select multiple attributes in scouting
Can't search player by media description, have to sort by them, which is very messy.
Skin make me want to hurt those around me
:lol: the skin on fm20 was fecking hideous, change it to 'dark theme' or whatever it is and it reverts it back to the old school style.

JakeC

Dortmund just accepted a 30+30+50% bid for Sancho :lol:

JakeC

Also not liking that there's no percentages for match sharpness and fitness levels.

Castia

Made the mistake of changing my budget using the slider (budget to wage) and unlike previous games you can’t move it back.

Not sure about the ‘next seasons budget’ stuff either, it was for me one of the most exciting parts getting your new budget allocation.

Santos J

Made the mistake of changing my budget using the slider (budget to wage) and unlike previous games you can’t move it back.

Not sure about the ‘next seasons budget’ stuff either, it was for me one of the most exciting parts getting your new budget allocation.
Is it not like last year where you just have to continue a day and you can change it back or you've ongoing deals or something so it can't be changed yet? I'm sure I changed it and changed it back last night but maybe I just did it one way.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
How's the 3D match engine? Any huge improvements?

Last time I played FM I got really sick of it, same patterns, almost the same goals every time. I could tell if I or the opponent would score only by how the "highlight" started. Felt very samey and scripted.

JakeC

How's the 3D match engine? Any huge improvements?

Last time I played FM I got really sick of it, same patterns, almost the same goals every time. I could tell if I or the opponent would score only by how the "highlight" started. Felt very samey and scripted.
Graphics wise, not really. Phases of play, yeah a bit!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Have started a Derby save. The last dance for Rooney and some very good young players. Promotion should be achievable in a season or two - no money to spend though and some aging players in some positions.

::sonny::

Have they fixed the 1vs1 missing, and the squad devastated by the injuries?

Last edited: