Gaming Football Manager 2023

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
There are numerous upgrades every year, big or small.
I don't agree. There are new "features" which often seem to consist of redesigned menus and other interface changes, and some new interview answers, but by and large the game is the same year on year.

crossy1686

career ending
I never wanted to let my assistant do it in case he messed up. That resulted in me always answering the same thing in similar situations which just made it busywork. Like you have an algorithm in your head for what to answer to each question depending on results etc.
Yeah exactly, how is that fun? On top of that they dumbed down the tactical side of the game to make it harder to just cheese the system with a superior set of tactics, now it seems that it’s just down to the best players in their best roles will win you games.

And your 20 finishing, 20 composure striker will miss multiple 1v1’s and you concede to the oppo’s only shot of the game.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I don't agree. There are new "features" which often seem to consist of redesigned menus and other interface changes, and some new interview answers, but by and large the game is the same year on year.
When you play the game a lot it’s the little things you that make a big difference IMO.

If they released FM24 and put hardly anything new in but made the processing time better for example I would be overjoyed.

I think the foundation of the game is fine and as someone who regularly plays 1000-1500 hours a year minimum I think this year was the weakest in recent years of course but I genuinely think they iterate enough each year to make the upgrade worthwhile.

I also think that it’s just not the type of game that demands an overhaul each year but in that regard it should probably be a bit cheaper although it’s usually available for around 25-30 pound on release and for the value I get from it I don’t personally view it as a issue.

I understand everyone may not feel that way but me personally I am satisfied.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
When you play the game a lot it’s the little things you that make a big difference IMO.

If they released FM24 and put hardly anything new in but made the processing time better for example I would be overjoyed.

I think the foundation of the game is fine and as someone who regularly plays 1000-1500 hours a year minimum I think this year was the weakest in recent years of course but I genuinely think they iterate enough each year to make the upgrade worthwhile.

I also think that it’s just not the type of game that demands an overhaul each year but in that regard it should probably be a bit cheaper although it’s usually available for around 25-30 pound on release and for the value I get from it I don’t personally view it as a issue.

I understand everyone may not feel that way but me personally I am satisfied.
I've logged at least 500 hours on every version I've owned, playtime isn't an issue for me not noticing these supposed "upgrades".

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah as a huge fan of the series the last couple of years have been poor. The announcement is fine but it means getting FM24 is a bit pointless.

roseguy64

Watching the lollujo video and he seems to suggest that FM23 is crap because they were meant to come out with all this new stuff around FM22 but then the pandemic happened and their plans all got messed up which is fair but they really should have just offered to do an updated database for minimal fee.
They couldn't do that. They needed the money to implement the new match and graphics engine. Miles pointed out a couple times that their financial success recently is allowing them now to invest in this big change for FM25.

MattofManchester

Honestly, I'm inclined to wait until I see the ME for 24. "Complete" would imply they fixed the defender issues, the GK issues, the differentiation between IF movements and Winger movements.

I don't care too much about the interface. It's manageable.

Just give me a ME that I don't constantly question the validity of.

And give us improved graphics. We're not living in the age of Celeron anymore.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The move to unity should help, their in house engine has been pretty much building on the same foundation for a long time. It's not up to task, it's good to see sales way up and them having the money to hire a stronger team.
That said the change to a more common/better engine didn't work so well for pes.

Tiber

Anthony Gordon seems a hell of a player. 7 goals in his first 6 games league games plus 3 assists playing on the right wing

Woodzy

Not 2023, but I completely forgot about this in my United save back in 2020. Still one of my craziest FM saves.

DevilsOwn

at the risk of repeating an oft-asked question, what would be an ideal laptop config for FM?

Need to update mine, and my prime use is data heavy excels and FM (rarely any other games on the laptop).

Just need the laptop to process FM very fast with top 5/6 countries, with full database on.

crossy1686

career ending
at the risk of repeating an oft-asked question, what would be an ideal laptop config for FM?

Need to update mine, and my prime use is data heavy excels and FM (rarely any other games on the laptop).

Just need the laptop to process FM very fast with top 5/6 countries, with full database on.
Probably one of the Razor Blades if you’re looking to do some proper gaming.

If you don’t want to spend that much check out Reddit for the gaming laptop sub.

DevilsOwn

Probably one of the Razor Blades if you’re looking to do some proper gaming.

If you don’t want to spend that much check out Reddit for the gaming laptop sub.
Thanks Crossy. Checked redditch and as confused as ever! The only real thing I know now is that preference to better processor over a GPU... as i only really play FM on the laptop

crossy1686

career ending
Thanks Crossy. Checked redditch and as confused as ever! The only real thing I know now is that preference to better processor over a GPU... as i only really play FM on the laptop
:lol: No worries mate, we’d probably be able to help you out more if we knew your budget. I’ve only ever used a MacBook for my laptop but I built a desktop PC a couple year back and use that for all my gaming. Would recommend that route if you play more than FM.

DevilsOwn

Was just reminded that FM25 will be on Unity engine. So laptop bought today might not work with that...

Budgets around $800. Not sure that suffices now

:lol: No worries mate, we’d probably be able to help you out more if we knew your budget. I’ve only ever used a MacBook for my laptop but I built a desktop PC a couple year back and use that for all my gaming. Would recommend that route if you play more than FM.

paulscholes18

Players wages are frustrating when signing youngsters, signed a fair Few that were on about £250 a week but to get them to sign for me had to give them over 130k a week. Also another player I wanted to sign I offered him 500k a week but he chose to stay at Bayern for 165k.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Was just reminded that FM25 will be on Unity engine. So laptop bought today might not work with that...

Budgets around $800. Not sure that suffices now
Not sure if this is better than your current laptop, but it will cost arround that value in the US. (In Europe will be more expensive)

HP EliteBook 645 G9 Notebook
14'' screen Full HD (1920x1080)
AMD Ryze 7 Pro 5875U Octa-Core (2 GHz)
16 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 (Ryzen 4000/5000)

Some specs might change.