Football retires from Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He'll be a miss, that's for sure.

Happy to have had him play for us and win his only European trophy with the red shirt.

Highlights include throwing Mings on the deck like he's an infant and the hype for the first Manchester derby (which we lost but still).

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Amazing player.

But Rooney, Drogba, Aguero, Eto'o, and Tevez were all better.

He was good here but far from great. There is a 5 min video of his season here with Pogba creating chance after chance for him and he misses so many it's unreal. He had a hard time with the pace of our league. I don't care about the 27 goals. Should have been 37.

Lee565

We were basically the only club in his career where was able to achieve success in a european club competition.

Felt like the perfect player for fergie to sign as his modern day cantona like he tried with berbatov

Red Stone

Football is about 50% more boring now. One of the last true characters of this increasingly media-trained, sterile, "we-played-a-good-game-against-tough-opponents-but-got-the-three-points-now-our-focus-is-on-next-weekend" ventriloquist puppet-ridden shite sport.

VWW

This guy is the real deal. Amazing player. He inspired me so much that I changed my name to Van Damme.

Vernon Philander

Such a unique set of attributes and a champion mentality. Football is much the poorer without him around. Happy retirement big man.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Find him a bit annoying but fun player to watch. Would occasionally make almost impossible finishes look routine.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He was ok.
--------------------------Matches-Goals-Assists:
---------------------------------=819=496=201

496+201= 697 G/A in 819 matches.

If you also add the goals he scored in 62 goals and had 25 assist for the Swedish national team in 122 games. And the 3 goals and 3 assists he had in his first 8 games as professional football player playing in Allsvenskan (Sweden) with Malmö FF.

Add it all together and you get 949 games, 561 goals and 229 assists.
790 G/A in 949 games. = Averaging 0.83 G/A per game.

I don´t know, but for me that is very much more then just ok. Only Lewandowski, Messi and Ronaldo has scored more goals in the top 5 leagues in the history of football.

IN TOTAL (ALL COMPETIOTIONS COUNTED):

1. Ronaldo has scored 837 goals and 268 assist (national included) in 1165 games = 0.95 /G/A
2. Messi has scored 806 goals and 395 assist (national included) in 1026 games = 1.17 G/A
3. Lewandowski has scored 620 goals and 173 assist (national included) in 861 games = 0.92 G/A
4. Zlatan has scored 561 goals and 229 assists (national included) in 949 games = 0.83 G/A

Stats from transfermarkt.com

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Probably the only player who has ever smoke a cigar on the pitch to celebrate the title win. Legend.

Strelok

What a shame he was injured here if not he'd contribute a lot more for us imo. And such a class act when he terminated the contract with us once he knew he wouldn't play for another year.

One of the most talented and characteristic players the football world have witnessed. We won't forget you Ibra.

Mercurial

Grazie legend truly unique career. Wish he was here all those years and not at PSG wasting career years. Happy retirement!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Now if these terrible jokes could also retire, I would be so happy.

Ibrahimovic was a good player. Especially his longevity was impressive. But his peak is massively overrated.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

This is a shame. Zlatan is one year younger than me and I always thought in the back of my brain „as long as this guy is still playing football on the highest level I cannot be that old.“

Will be interesting to see if he continues his career within the football scene. I cannot really see him as a manager as in my mind he is too much of a cartoon character but he would be a hell of a player’s agent.

Salute to one of the most outstanding figures who ever played the game.

pacifictheme

--------------------------Matches-Goals-Assists:
---------------------------------=819=496=201

496+201= 697 G/A in 819 matches.

If you also add the goals he scored in 62 goals and had 25 assist for the Swedish national team in 122 games. And the 3 goals and 3 assists he had in his first 8 games as professional football player playing in Allsvenskan (Sweden) with Malmö FF.

Add it all together and you get 949 games, 561 goals and 229 assists.
790 G/A in 949 games. = Averaging 0.83 G/A per game.

I don´t know, but for me that is very much more then just ok. Only Lewandowski, Messi and Ronaldo has scored more goals in the top 5 leagues in the history of football.

IN TOTAL (ALL COMPETIOTIONS COUNTED):

1. Ronaldo has scored 837 goals and 268 assist (national included) in 1165 games = 0.95 /G/A
2. Messi has scored 806 goals and 395 assist (national included) in 1026 games = 1.17 G/A
3. Lewandowski has scored 620 goals and 173 assist (national included) in 861 games = 0.92 G/A
4. Zlatan has scored 561 goals and 229 assists (national included) in 949 games = 0.83 G/A

Stats from transfermarkt.com
The other threes best spells didn't come in the MLS and France though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully the unfunny chuck norris jokes will finally end

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Milan fans couldnt even say Good Bye. They put God Bye. Ruined the retirement.

RoyKeaneReborn

We were basically the only club in his career where was able to achieve success in a european club competition.

Felt like the perfect player for fergie to sign as his modern day cantona like he tried with berbatov
Agree. Was fortunate enough to see him live in action at OT. Imposing player on the pitch & bosses defenders around. Intelligent, silky & tough as nails.

slored1

By far the coolest signing post SAF. Incredible player and a brilliant character.

MagooDad

He is one of the greater players of this era and an even greater character, but I think there are two things that he will go down to in history:
  1. Giroud and Le Tissier have to be excused, but Zlatan is most likely they greatest goal scorer of great goals of the video recorded time. He has two goals that can compete with Maradona's 1986 goal and at least 10-15 more that would compete for goal of the season anywhere.
  2. For us - he will go down as the only player that made De Gea's long balls make sense. He was a vacuum cleaner of a target player, so no matter how De Gea sprayed the balls, we still stayed in retention of the ball.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Been scoring goals since the nineties. What a career he’s had. Just wish we’d got him sooner.