Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanders Devil

A pity Its been taken off on all three of my bookies. It probably would've been my highest stake yet
Ahh bugger. And yep. They’ve now closed it for me too. Got a few on though just in time....fingers crossed.

got on at 2,75 win
8.0 to score 3
100-1 to score 5
And some in game multi

DarkLord

This is strange. Gibraltar playing against San Marino in Group D of the UEFA Nations League, two of the worst teams in the competition. Gibraltar line opened at 1.35 but as soon as the game starts, their odds went up to 1.65 and now it's over 1.90, close to evens. There are no red cards or any injury. Thinking of putting a punt live in now but this seems fishy, unless there's something the bookies know that we don't. Also, we're talking about freaking San Marino, it's literally the worst team in football history. At least Gibraltar has some results in the past, shocking Armenia (away) winning 1-0, beating Malta, Liechtenstein and Latvia.

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
Think Scotland win is worth a bet at 2.4 v Czech. Most books pulled as Czech said the game was off but UEFA have confirmed it is on. Czech sent their team into bubbles last night by club. Slavia have demanded their players back. It looks like they will call up a new squad for the game, so it'll essentially be their B team. I'm guessing they would mainly consist of teams local to the game as to reduce the risk of covid infection. Only way it won't be value based on squads is if Czech normal team decides to play, but seems unlikely
Pretty much confirms what I thought would happen.
Is this for the U-21 or the senior team?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
This is strange. Gibraltar playing against San Marino in Group D of the UEFA Nations League, two of the worst teams in the competition. Gibraltar line opened at 1.35 but as soon as the game starts, their odds went up to 1.65 and now it's over 1.90, close to evens. There are no red cards or any injury. Thinking of putting a punt live in now but this seems fishy, unless there's something the bookies know that we don't. Also, we're talking about freaking San Marino, it's literally the worst team in football history. At least Gibraltar has some results in the past, shocking Armenia (away) winning 1-0, beating Malta, Liechtenstein and Latvia.
I took Gibraltar win in play, wasn't anything fishy but 1.35 was a little short. People bet San Marino in play as the game will always look like they're dong better than they are as their defence will always fail eventually and Gib are never going to dominate them and have chance after chance etc. Gib are a level above them for me although haven't been great today.

Is this for the U-21 or the senior team?
Senior team, more sites starting to take it back now but the news is public knowledge now that it'll be a different squad. I'd say anything above 2.2 is worth taking until squad is known.

weizxx

If anyone bet with bitcoin there is 2.5 for scotland win in sportsbet.io .

Flanders Devil

Senior team, more sites starting to take it back now but the news is public knowledge now that it'll be a different squad. I'd say anything above 2.2 is worth taking until squad is known.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve just seen that any of the Czech team and staff present in their previous game cannot play this Scotland game.
Funnily, I jumped on a Scottish FA forum and they still think they would loose to a second string Czech!! They seem a pessimistic bunch!

apparently this is the squad. Can’t say I’ve heard of (or can pronounce) any of them.

Současná nominace na pondělní zápas proti : Nguyen, Mandous Juroška, Hubník, Karafiát, Jemelka, Holzer Jánoš, Breite, Holeš Malínský, Potočný, Budínský, Pešek Tecl

(nejsou zahrnuti členové výběru U20 jako Markovič, Gabriel, Daněk, Žambůrek a další) #ceskarepre

DarkLord

I took Gibraltar win in play, wasn't anything fishy but 1.35 was a little short. People bet San Marino in play as the game will always look like they're dong better than they are as their defence will always fail eventually and Gib are never going to dominate them and have chance after chance etc. Gib are a level above them for me although haven't been great today.
I took it at 1.30 and I'm pretty miffed about this, especially considering it was my biggest bet for this month. I was looking forward to back this game since I looked at the fixture list since two weeks ago. I watched the first 30 minutes of the game and even though San Marino was playing better like you said, there was seriously no chance in hell they could score. It was just a matter of when Gibraltar can break the deadlock. I never understood how the line could go up drastically from 1.30 to 1.65 within 15 minutes of live in play and then went up to almost evens at the 30 minute mark. Pretty gutted I didn't wait till live in play but how would I have known. Congrats to you and all the other Caf members who took Gibraltar at 1.90, it was probably the best bet ever. How often do you see a team against San Marino priced at almost evens. I was in shock.

Going for a Germany and Spain doubles win tonight. And surely Novak Djokovic to win the US Open is a banker without Nadal? I had him at opening 1.80 and with Tsitsipas out (not that it really means much), his odds have gone down to 1.50. Still think it's worth chasing as he is almost guaranteed to win. Can't see anyone else challenging him at the moment.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

I’ve just seen that any of the Czech team and staff present in their previous game cannot play this Scotland game.
Funnily, I jumped on a Scottish FA forum and they still think they would loose to a second string Czech!! They seem a pessimistic bunch!

apparently this is the squad. Can’t say I’ve heard of (or can pronounce) any of them.

Současná nominace na pondělní zápas proti : Nguyen, Mandous Juroška, Hubník, Karafiát, Jemelka, Holzer Jánoš, Breite, Holeš Malínský, Potočný, Budínský, Pešek Tecl

(nejsou zahrnuti členové výběru U20 jako Markovič, Gabriel, Daněk, Žambůrek a další) #ceskarepre
I’m Scottish, we’re the most negative group of fans on earth :lol: Our team is pretty solid now on paper though, performances haven’t been great under Clarke but it should be easy against Czech. They will be lower quality than us, no prep work, no proper tactic work and will be less fit. Will be a really poor result to not win. I probably make Scotland win around 1.5 assuming the squad is correct. it seems like they’ve just done what I thought they would and call up players from local clubs to minimise distance travelled and the potential spread of covid.

Flanders Devil

I’m Scottish, we’re the most negative group of fans on earth :lol: Our team is pretty solid now on paper though, performances haven’t been great under Clarke but it should be easy against Czech. They will be lower quality than us, no prep work, no proper tactic work and will be less fit. Will be a really poor result to not win. I probably make Scotland win around 1.5 assuming the squad is correct. it seems like they’ve just done what I thought they would and call up players from local clubs to minimise distance travelled and the potential spread of covid.
Haha thanks @Spiersey - no offence meant with that comment either (not that I sense you took any)... and also, if this tip come up good - then I owe you a pint!
Hope you got on yourself? It’s interesting that you rate Scotland at 1.5...I’ll be interested to see how the bookies play it live (eg with cashouts etc. )

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I just need Germany and Spain to win from the 7 fold i put on today.

Which one is letting me down, my money is on The Germans.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I just need Germany and Spain to win from the 7 fold i put on today.

Which one is letting me down, my money is on The Germans.
I stayed away from Spain. Ukraine looked decent against switzerland while Spain have no goalscorers.

My money Is on Germany to win and Greece under 2,5 goals @2,70

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I stayed away from Spain. Ukraine looked decent against switzerland while Spain have no goalscorers.

My money Is on Germany to win and Greece under 2,5 goals @2,70
I'd look to cash out at this point to be honest, sadly I'm using virgin bet and they don't allow cash outs from a free bet.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I'd look to cash out at this point to be honest, sadly I'm using virgin bet and they don't allow cash outs from a free bet.
Let’s hope they both win. A cash out option would’ve been sweet though.
The odds 1,37 on Spain is too low imo, and bookers overrate Spain. I don’t think that team is something special. But let’s see. Good luck!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Haha thanks @Spiersey - no offence meant with that comment either (not that I sense you took any)... and also, if this tip come up good - then I owe you a pint!
Hope you got on yourself? It’s interesting that you rate Scotland at 1.5...I’ll be interested to see how the bookies play it live (eg with cashouts etc. )
Haha no offence taken at all.
Yeah I managed decent on, think about £4k in total across +0.5 and draw no bet. Most of my stake was on Friday night though. 1.5 is just taking into account the strength of the teams really, factoring in the fact they’ve never played together really and zero prep, scotland are probably closer to a 1.2 shot but I think the odds will settle around 1.5 or so at kickoff. Not sure exactly how the market will react tomorrow. Scotland were 1.7 earlier when I checked betfair.

Czech squad got released a couple hours ago, looks pretty much as expected, will go through it properly later tonight when I’m free.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
[
Haha no offence taken at all.
Yeah I managed decent on, think about £4k in total across +0.5 and draw no bet. Most of my stake was on Friday night though. 1.5 is just taking into account the strength of the teams really, factoring in the fact they’ve never played together really and zero prep, scotland are probably closer to a 1.2 shot but I think the odds will settle around 1.5 or so at kickoff. Not sure exactly how the market will react tomorrow. Scotland were 1.7 earlier when I checked betfair.

Czech squad got released a couple hours ago, looks pretty much as expected, will go through it properly later tonight when I’m free.
Will you tag me in what you decide please mate?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
And surely Novak Djokovic to win the US Open is a banker without Nadal? I had him at opening 1.80 and with Tsitsipas out (not that it really means much), his odds have gone down to 1.50. Still think it's worth chasing as he is almost guaranteed to win. Can't see anyone else challenging him at the moment.
Yeah he should win it by default.

DarkLord

Yeah he should win it by default.
So annoyed. I had a sizeable bet on Djokovic to win the US Open and I thought it was a banker. Not sure what happens in the event of a disqualification, I guess its a loss now. After today's game, he only had 3 more to go. Novak Djokovic you idiot! :mad:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
[

Will you tag me in what you decide please mate?
No bets now, did the squad properly last night and think 1.3 to win is fair. Prices around 1.5 now, not enough value for a bet.

Czech squad is really poor, I'd say its a mid level SPL side, on par with the likes of Kilmarnock etc for quality. Scotland are stronger than Celtic on paper but don't play as well. Factoring in the lack of prep and tactical work that Czech will have been able to do in only 2 days, I could probably make a case for Scotland being 1.1 If it was someone like Norway playing them, I would probably say 1.05 is fair for win but Scotland generally struggle to score which is the only negative factor.

On another note, I've had a small bet on under 3.75 goals @1.8 in Azerbaijan u21s v France later today. Brave bet and won't be a fun watch as it'll be very one sided. France squad is unbelievable for this level but they are very lazy. Most of them are used to elite level so they struggle for motivation in these games. I was on France -1.5 v Georgia last week and it wasn't a good bet despite winning last kick. Didn't create that much chances, 1-0 was probably fair. Georgia are better than Azerbaijan but not by a huge distance. Main reason for the bet is that it is on Astro. Azer mix up their home games between two stadiums, one is a grass pitch where they get hammered and the other is a terrible astro one where teams struggle on. It's a huge leveller at youth, the top teams really struggle on astro pitches. Results on this pitch are good, lost 1-0 to Switzerland who are really good. They beat France 3-1 but aren't as good as them. Live ticker for the Switzerland game had Swiss as having 1 great opportunity. Sounded as if Azer defended really well. Expecting the same again today, it's not the best matchup for France, they prefer countering as opposed to breaking down a parked bus. I think probably 2, maybe 3-0 FT. Don't think Azer will score and be surprised if France score 5 with no motivation for goals and the astro pitch. Won't be enjoyable to watch though as it will be one sided and the lineups will make France appealing.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Scotland team not as strong as it could have been, very annoying. Midfield is pretty weak, arbed some of my stake out. 1.7 for win is probably fair now.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
No bets now, did the squad properly last night and think 1.3 to win is fair. Prices around 1.5 now, not enough value for a bet.

Czech squad is really poor, I'd say its a mid level SPL side, on par with the likes of Kilmarnock etc for quality. Scotland are stronger than Celtic on paper but don't play as well. Factoring in the lack of prep and tactical work that Czech will have been able to do in only 2 days, I could probably make a case for Scotland being 1.1 If it was someone like Norway playing them, I would probably say 1.05 is fair for win but Scotland generally struggle to score which is the only negative factor.

On another note, I've had a small bet on under 3.75 goals @1.8 in Azerbaijan u21s v France later today. Brave bet and won't be a fun watch as it'll be very one sided. France squad is unbelievable for this level but they are very lazy. Most of them are used to elite level so they struggle for motivation in these games. I was on France -1.5 v Georgia last week and it wasn't a good bet despite winning last kick. Didn't create that much chances, 1-0 was probably fair. Georgia are better than Azerbaijan but not by a huge distance. Main reason for the bet is that it is on Astro. Azer mix up their home games between two stadiums, one is a grass pitch where they get hammered and the other is a terrible astro one where teams struggle on. It's a huge leveller at youth, the top teams really struggle on astro pitches. Results on this pitch are good, lost 1-0 to Switzerland who are really good. They beat France 3-1 but aren't as good as them. Live ticker for the Switzerland game had Swiss as having 1 great opportunity. Sounded as if Azer defended really well. Expecting the same again today, it's not the best matchup for France, they prefer countering as opposed to breaking down a parked bus. I think probably 2, maybe 3-0 FT. Don't think Azer will score and be surprised if France score 5 with no motivation for goals and the astro pitch. Won't be enjoyable to watch though as it will be one sided and the lineups will make France appealing.
France unders won, 2-1. They were really poor, 1-0 ft was fair. Scored a pen and Gouri scored a nice goal, should have been diss for a foul. Created very little over the 90 minutes. Azer scored a 40 yard freekick 90th minute for a consolation. They are so bad for how good their team is. On paper they should win this game 5/6-0, half of their team is valued at over £30 million.

hopefully Scotland can win 2nd half. Started terribly; CZech look really poor at the back, hoping Tierney and McGinn both come on 2nd half. Forest too as his pace will be really good in behind.

Flanders Devil

France unders won, 2-1. They were really poor, 1-0 ft was fair. Scored a pen and Gouri scored a nice goal, should have been diss for a foul. Created very little over the 90 minutes. Azer scored a 40 yard freekick 90th minute for a consolation. They are so bad for how good their team is. On paper they should win this game 5/6-0, half of their team is valued at over £30 million.

hopefully Scotland can win 2nd half. Started terribly; CZech look really poor at the back, hoping Tierney and McGinn both come on 2nd half. Forest too as his pace will be really good in behind.
Gee - Scotland made that a lot closer than I’d hoped! But got the job done in the end. Thanks for the great tip!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Gee - Scotland made that a lot closer than I’d hoped! But got the job done in the end. Thanks for the great tip!
No worries. Scotland didn’t play great but just about did enough. Lineup and tactics didn’t help at all, not playing pace against their high line was idiotic. Nice win in the end though and good profit.

Sylar

No worries. Scotland didn’t play great but just about did enough. Lineup and tactics didn’t help at all, not playing pace against their high line was idiotic. Nice win in the end though and good profit.
Win Is a win and you had good reasoning which is great (and a great record)

DarkLord

Thanks for your tips Master! I followed both your tips - Scotland to win and France U21 under 3.75. I'd like to get your advice on tonight's game, San Marino vs Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein's line opened at 1.40, this is similar to the Gibraltar game. I don't want to make the same "mistake" again, and miss out on the high odds during live-in play. Should I wait till in-game before betting on Liechtenstein? I've analyzed Liechtenstein's footballing history, and I'd say they are definitely a level above San Marino as they are capable of scoring goals and a few upsets. Drawing 2-2 against Portugal away in 2004, drawing 1-1 with Greece and Armenia, and beating Luxembourg 4-0 and Qatar 2-1 away. Would you say this is a banker bet? I think Liechtenstein would most likely win this 1-0, or 2-0.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Thanks for your tips Master! I followed both your tips - Scotland to win and France U21 under 3.75. I'd like to get your advice on tonight's game, San Marino vs Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein's line opened at 1.40, this is similar to the Gibraltar game. I don't want to make the same "mistake" again, and miss out on the high odds during live-in play. Should I wait till in-game before betting on Liechtenstein? I've analyzed Liechtenstein's footballing history, and I'd say they are definitely a level above San Marino as they are capable of scoring goals and a few upsets. Drawing 2-2 against Portugal away in 2004, drawing 1-1 with Greece and Armenia, and beating Luxembourg 4-0 and Qatar 2-1 away. Would you say this is a banker bet? I think Liechtenstein would most likely win this 1-0, or 2-0.
No solid opinion on it sadly. I liked Gibraltar as I’ve watched 90% of their games and they are much better at attacking than the traditional minnows so it was a nice matchup. Only really watched 2/3 Lichtenstein games in the last year or so and they’ve parked the bus every game so not really sure how they’ll match up to San Marino. Fairly sure they’ll win but could be another game where the price drifts fast as I doubt they will dominate but should be fairly better in terms of chances. They should win but not sure there’s any value in current prices. If it drifts fast again then I’ll probably get involved.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Not a fan of short odds usually but TAA for YPOTY at 1/3 is worth a decent bet. Should be way way shorter. Liverpool are going to win the league and with Rashford out for a month or two there is no real challenger for it. He's a shoe in for it in my opinion. Really can't see anyway he doesn't win it barring a huge injury, even then with the Liverpool love in, he's probably done enough already to seal it.
Doubt anyone got on but this has now won. Was a bankroll bet in hindsight. Greenwood probably wins it next year.

Flanders Devil

Doubt anyone got on but this has now won. Was a bankroll bet in hindsight. Greenwood probably wins it next year.
That’s a good shout. And looks a no brainer in hindsight! Tbh - I don’t think I would’ve back it back then at those odds, a whole season to wait!

It will be interesting to see what odds Mason starts at. However - isn’t the age cut off 23? So TAA would be eligible again...

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
That’s a good shout. And looks a no brainer in hindsight! Tbh - I don’t think I would’ve back it back then at those odds, a whole season to wait!

It will be interesting to see what odds Mason starts at. However - isn’t the age cut off 23? So TAA would be eligible again...
Yeah wouldn’t usually back at 1/3 but fair price was 1.05 or something at that point so it was massive value. I was initially on at 2/1 from December but didn’t tip til January.

Yeah he will be eligible but it’s pretty rare to win it 2 years in a row, usually requires very little competition for the 2nd year. Think Alli and Rooney the only recent back to back winners and Rooney is obviously a freak given how good he was at such a young age. Greenwood probably opens around 8-10/1, havertz could be favourite. Always an english bias in the voting.

Flanders Devil

Yeah wouldn’t usually back at 1/3 but fair price was 1.05 or something at that point so it was massive value. I was initially on at 2/1 from December but didn’t tip til January.

Yeah he will be eligible but it’s pretty rare to win it 2 years in a row, usually requires very little competition for the 2nd year. Think Alli and Rooney the only recent back to back winners and Rooney is obviously a freak given how good he was at such a young age. Greenwood probably opens around 8-10/1, havertz could be favourite. Always an english bias in the voting.
Ah fair enough - I didn’t see the timing of your original post. I had thought it was pre-season..but if it was January with the league almost won for Liverpool- then I agree with your odds on that one!

And yes - looking at the history it is a 10yr gap between Alli - Rooney - Fowler (then only a few years to Giggs). Also agree with your English Bias - as history shows you’ve got to be a pretty special overseas talent to get the nod (Sané, Hazard, Bale, Cesc, Ronaldo). So other options would be Foden if he becomes a regular starter and City win the league or if a certain Sancho decides to join the EPL.

Danny Roberts

Ah fair enough - I didn’t see the timing of your original post. I had thought it was pre-season..but if it was January with the league almost won for Liverpool- then I agree with your odds on that one!

And yes - looking at the history it is a 10yr gap between Alli - Rooney - Fowler (then only a few years to Giggs). Also agree with your English Bias - as history shows you’ve got to be a pretty special overseas talent to get the nod (Sané, Hazard, Bale, Cesc, Ronaldo). So other options would be Foden if he becomes a regular starter and City win the league or if a certain Sancho decides to join the EPL.
If Foden does replace Silva then he'll be a real contender. Essentially you have to have breached the bubble and be into blondes to have a chance.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Santos (2nd place) are (10/11) to beat RB Bragantino (19th in Brazilian Serie A)

Sao Paulo 4 wins out of last 6
RB Bragatino 4 losses out of last 6

Reasons to avoid:
- 4 Santos players injured, including top goalscorer. Additional player suspended
- Unpredictability of league
- RB beat them 3-2 in July
- Santos +2 goal difference. Only one team has lower in top 6. So, they're winning, but not convincingly

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Anybody taking any strong ante post football positions? I usually don't like locking money up for a season but just had my biggest ever ante post bet in a treble

- West Brom to be relegated from Prem
- Portsmouth top 6 in League One
- Salford top 3 in League Two

Roughly @12.60 depending on where you take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.