Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Is it fair to say you think Lyon will win 1-0 then? At William Hill, you can get odds 13/2 for these two things to happen.
1. Total goals combined -1.5 and Lyon to win
Why do you think the game will have less than 1.5 goals?

PogBruno

Is it fair to say you think Lyon will win 1-0 then? At William Hill, you can get odds 13/2 for these two things to happen.
That bet means Lyon will win by 2 or more goals

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, -1.5 means I need to win by two.

Berbaclass

What a strange first half. Lyon absolutely dominates and Dijon have one shot and score and lead for 38 mins. Lyon then scored 3 in the last 5-6 minutes of the first half presumably because Dijon are gassed from defending for 45 minutes :lol:

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
Is any betting on league winners? If so, who are you lot going for?

Flanders Devil

This Kerr for Chelsea looks like the worst striker ever.
As an Aussie, I can say she’s normally very good. I believe she was even in the running not long ago for the ballon Dor for the women’s game.
But your comment made me watch the highlights- and yep seemed like she had a ‘mare.
She’s previously score goals for fun in Australia and USA too.

Flanders Devil

Is any betting on league winners? If so, who are you lot going for?
I will probably do a multi of the top 5 leagues.
But interestingly - odds here in EPL are city @1.7 and Liverpool @3-1.
I just can’t see how that’s right.

Zen

Nope that's right. Well those are pretty good odds on Liverpool(more 2/1 in the UK) - if you genuinely 100% believe and are confident that it's a 2 horse race, it's open to a no-loss double bet. But then again, the bookies obviously know that, so want you to put that wonga down.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
As an Aussie, I can say she’s normally very good. I believe she was even in the running not long ago for the ballon Dor for the women’s game.
But your comment made me watch the highlights- and yep seemed like she had a ‘mare.
She’s previously score goals for fun in Australia and USA too.
Yeah they kept mentioning how good she normally is, and nobody could quite believe how she was playing. An outlier of a game by the sounds of it but if watching without commentary or never seeing her before you'd have seriously wondered how she was a professional. Everyone has a nightmare game, but that one was particularly bad. Seemed she had a laugh about it when she got subbed anyway.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Did you watch Liverpool Vs arsenal? Can easily see why they're out at 3/1. Haven't played well for ages tbh

Flanders Devil

Nope that's right. Well those are pretty good odds on Liverpool(more 2/1 in the UK) - if you genuinely 100% believe and are confident that it's a 2 horse race, it's open to a no-loss double bet. But then again, the bookies obviously know that, so want you to put that wonga down.
Did you watch Liverpool Vs arsenal? Can easily see why they're out at 3/1. Haven't played well for ages tbh
Yes - I get both your points. I just think they are being a bit underestimated at 3-1. @One Night Only - I think their recent form is potentially misleading as they really have had the PL wrapped up pre-CoVid and probably started to switch off a bit mentally during the break. Anyway - will be interesting to see.

For the record - I can’t bring myself to back either City or Liverpool tbh.
I ended up going for Madrid, Bayern, Juve, Ajax @5.8.
Wanted to throw Celtic in at 1.7, but my account didn’t seem to allow that (single leg only).

Berbaclass

Not too much to look at today.

Had a little punt on Shanghai SIPG DC + BTTS @ 1.90 earlier. Wasn't very confident but after a missed penalty and a disallowed goal for offside they finally scored when 4-0 down in the 93rd minute. I'd pretty much given up at that point :lol:

I've had a little go on Bohemian -1.5 @ 2.21. Playing a team a tier below them (Cabinteely) and they have a very good defensive record as well as scoring twice in most of their games in the Premier Division. They did play in the Europa the other night against MOV Vidi and lost on pens which is a slight concern but they are well into their season and should have the quality to ease past their lower division opponents.

LOIfan

Supports
bohemians

Had a little punt on Shanghai SIPG DC + BTTS @ 1.90 earlier. Wasn't very confident but after a missed penalty and a disallowed goal for offside they finally scored when 4-0 down in the 93rd minute. I'd pretty much given up at that point :lol:

I've had a little go on Bohemian -1.5 @ 2.21. Playing a team a tier below them (Cabinteely) and they have a very good defensive record as well as scoring twice in most of their games in the Premier Division. They did play in the Europa the other night against MOV Vidi and lost on pens which is a slight concern but they are well into their season and should have the quality to ease past their lower division opponents.
Just a word of warning it will be our second team playing cabo tonight and cabo look very decent this year. Think we'll still win but I'm expecting a 2-1 win. On that though our best player will be getting his first start of the season tonight and he can score or create from absolutely anywhere so here's hoping, best of luck!

Berbaclass

Just a word of warning it will be our second team playing cabo tonight and cabo look very decent this year. Think we'll still win but I'm expecting a 2-1 win. On that though our best player will be getting his first start of the season tonight and he can score or create from absolutely anywhere so here's hoping, best of luck!
Thanks for the info!

LOIfan

Supports
bohemians
I'm sorry if i put you off the bet tonight that was probably the most comfortable 2-0 i've ever seen, good spot

Berbaclass

Squeezed by 2-0 win. Should maybe have been more tbf but I’m happy!

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
Just put a fiver on Bispebjerg to beat Helsingor, and the odds were 50/1. The best fiver I've ever spent

Berbaclass

Looking at the squads I cant help but think Spain are good value tonight. Germany missing most of the Bayern players and Spain have a very solid squad. Lacking a proper striker though.

Spain @ 3.0 I think is pretty nice. I think I'm personally going to go with DNB @ 2.10

Havak

Pokemon master
Everton doing some decent business in the transfer window and having Ancelloti makes me wonder if this is worth a punt?

Everton +35 Points ~ 15/1

Could they feasibly only finish 34~ points behind the champion's this season?

Finished 50 points behind Liverpool last season, but I fancy that the title winners in the coming season will be closer to 90 points this time... I think Everton can improve enough to get beyond 60.

Danny Roberts

Looking at the squads I cant help but think Spain are good value tonight. Germany missing most of the Bayern players and Spain have a very solid squad. Lacking a proper striker though.

Spain @ 3.0 I think is pretty nice. I think I'm personally going to go with DNB @ 2.10
I've gone for over 3.5 goals. No real reason but fingers crossed!

Danny Roberts

Everton doing some decent business in the transfer window and having Ancelloti makes me wonder if this is worth a punt?

Everton +35 Points ~ 15/1

Could they feasibly only finish 34~ points behind the champion's this season?

Finished 50 points behind Liverpool last season, but I fancy that the title winners in the coming season will be closer to 90 points this time... I think Everton can improve enough to get beyond 60.
It's a long shot but at that price it seems like reasonable value looking historically and considering neither Liverpool or City seem likely to go crazy. Though I don't think they've signed anyone yet have they?

Havak

Pokemon master
It's a long shot but at that price it seems like reasonable value looking historically and considering neither Liverpool or City seem likely to go crazy. Though I don't think they've signed anyone yet have they?
Yeah, Liverpool are only linked with Thiago and City haven't really signed a player of top quality yet. I think City finish on more points by default assuming Laporte is fit all season, but I can't see Liverpool doing a third season in a row getting close to 100 points. Last three titles have been 100, 98, and 99 Points. I'll be amazed if it's that high again, I think sub-95 for sure. So, you're basically backing Everton to get 60+ Points IMO, roughly a 10 point increase on their season before. They'll have Ancelloti for a full season, they're making decent signings and as long as they have a decent season they'll actually be fighting for something come April/May. The target has to be to challenge the top 6. They ended last season with 5/15 points from the last five games, they had nothing to play for and it showed. Still got 49 Points and realistically should have been closer to 55.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Looking at starting XI’s germany looks like the better team imo. Draxler - Werner - Sane can cause a lot of problems for that back 4. Gundogan - Can - Kroos is okay. They miss some Bayern players of course. Havertz starting on the bench though.
Spains XI looks uninspiring.

Going for Germany DNB.

Danny Roberts

Yeah, Liverpool are only linked with Thiago and City haven't really signed a player of top quality yet. I think City finish on more points by default assuming Laporte is fit all season, but I can't see Liverpool doing a third season in a row getting close to 100 points. Last three titles have been 100, 98, and 99 Points. I'll be amazed if it's that high again, I think sub-95 for sure. So, you're basically backing Everton to get 60+ Points IMO, roughly a 10 point increase on their season before. They'll have Ancelloti for a full season, they're making decent signings and as long as they have a decent season they'll actually be fighting for something come April/May. The target has to be to challenge the top 6. They ended last season with 5/15 points from the last five games, they had nothing to play for and it showed. Still got 49 Points and realistically should have been closer to 55.
Is this the bet365 market, or indeed any market where other sides also have a handicap applied, or is it just Everton v the winner?

Havak

Pokemon master
Is this the bet365 market, or indeed any market where other sides also have a handicap applied, or is it just Everton v the winner?
It's the Bet365 one yes. I believe it's just Everton vs the winner, but there are options for other sides at the same price such as Man Utd +16, Leicester +31 but I think Everton are better value with +35.

Danny Roberts

It's the Bet365 one yes. I believe it's just Everton vs the winner, but there are options for other sides at the same price such as Man Utd +16, Leicester +31 but I think Everton are better value with +35.
I think that market applies the handicaps stated to all the teams. Otherwise they are offering City at 15/1! Makes Everton not good value.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Think Scotland win is worth a bet at 2.4 v Czech. Most books pulled as Czech said the game was off but UEFA have confirmed it is on. Czech sent their team into bubbles last night by club. Slavia have demanded their players back. It looks like they will call up a new squad for the game, so it'll essentially be their B team. I'm guessing they would mainly consist of teams local to the game as to reduce the risk of covid infection. Only way it won't be value based on squads is if Czech normal team decides to play, but seems unlikely outcome.

Edit Pretty much confirms what I thought would happen.

Flanders Devil

Think Scotland win is worth a bet at 2.4 v Czech. Most books pulled as Czech said the game was off but UEFA have confirmed it is on. Czech sent their team into bubbles last night by club. Slavia have demanded their players back. It looks like they will call up a new squad for the game, so it'll essentially be their B team. I'm guessing they would mainly consist of teams local to the game as to reduce the risk of covid infection. Only way it won't be value based on squads is if Czech normal team decides to play, but seems unlikely outcome.

Edit

Pretty much confirms what I thought would happen.
Great call! Thanks. I’ll be going in for a decent amount on the win. Then a few scoring markets eg scotland to score 3

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
A pity Its been taken off on all three of my bookies. It probably would've been my highest stake yet

Status
Not open for further replies.