Football & Sports Betting Thread 2021/2022

OG J0E

Supports
Arsenal
Isn't on much sites due to some scheduling it for 9am but on Hilal 0/DNB later v Hertha Berlin @1.8+. Hertha played yesterday v Pool and play tomorrow v Gaziantep. Both of those were planned, this game was just scheduled a couple days ago. Hertha got a big squad with them, a lot of B team players. korber, boyata (injured), redan, netz, lotka, goller, michelbrink, gayret, weren't involved yesterday at all. Think they'll all be in the team bar Boyata (and only 1 of the keepers) along with the players that came on after 70 against Liverpool yesterday. Think it'll be about 6/7 II players who are 4th tier along with a couple of fringe first teamers. Hilal should have Carrillo and Cuella involved in some way after coming back from Copa. Giovinco, Jang, Gomis and Marega and Vietto will all be involved too. They played about 22 players in the last friendly but that was against a terrible part time team. Think they'll take this more seriously. Hard to say fair line but if Hertha team is as I expect I'd have Hilal about 1.5 fair price for the win. Would be a large bet if Hilal weren't missing some locals with the Olympics but the replacements are good.
365 have it at 1.61 but on Paddy at 1.85. Criminal overround there on 1X2, 2.40 on each of Hilal and Hertha when draw is only 3.60

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
365 have it at 1.61 but on Paddy at 1.85. Criminal overround there on 1X2, 2.40 on each of Hilal and Hertha when draw is only 3.60
Yeah 365 dropped just after I posted, think it'll continue to drop throughout the day. Asian Books should price it soon and that'll drop it further.
Paddy always bad for overrounds. I've been back using the SB terminals in Fred/Paddy/Coral/Ladbrokes recently and forgot how bad their overrounds are. Win is 10/11 one side and then Double chance is 8/13 a lot of the time.

OG J0E

Supports
Arsenal
Everywhere else has adjusted but Hilal 0.0 still at 1.91 on BetVictor if anyone can get on, scummers limited me to a tenner max winnings. BV probably the worst at reacting to things in time so instead of being competent they have to ban people in order to not get rinsed

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Isn't on much sites due to some scheduling it for 9am but on Hilal 0/DNB later v Hertha Berlin @1.8+. Hertha played yesterday v Pool and play tomorrow v Gaziantep. Both of those were planned, this game was just scheduled a couple days ago. Hertha got a big squad with them, a lot of B team players. korber, boyata (injured), redan, netz, lotka, goller, michelbrink, gayret, weren't involved yesterday at all. Think they'll all be in the team bar Boyata (and only 1 of the keepers) along with the players that came on after 70 against Liverpool yesterday. Think it'll be about 6/7 II players who are 4th tier along with a couple of fringe first teamers. Hilal should have Carrillo and Cuella involved in some way after coming back from Copa. Giovinco, Jang, Gomis and Marega and Vietto will all be involved too. They played about 22 players in the last friendly but that was against a terrible part time team. Think they'll take this more seriously. Hard to say fair line but if Hertha team is as I expect I'd have Hilal about 1.5 fair price for the win. Would be a large bet if Hilal weren't missing some locals with the Olympics but the replacements are good.
Hertha 7 kids from B team, then Redan (Ex Chelsea Youth, he was one of best in world at u17s but never really kicked on) + 3rd choice keeper + 2 first teamers. Pretty much as expected, which is nice. Jovetic on bench but he isn't as good as Hilal's attackers.

Edit : Game potentially postponed, Hilal stuck in traffic. Says postponed indefinitely on Hertha twitter but says they'll update with more info. I can't see it being cancelled due to traffic, would surely just play later...

Last edited:

dorchy

Pretty clueless on tennis betting but that market seems really good value for big servers. Is it just Hills that usually misprice it at opening prices?
Yes it's only Hills that seem to misprice the market. I can never work out why this hasn't been corrected? As it's been this was for years and always corrects itself nearer the event being played.
Assuming it continues and opelka likely to meet Isner in the next round tomorrow, hoping they both win their games, I will be staking very big on the same bet.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Yes it's only Hills that seem to misprice the market. I can never work out why this hasn't been corrected? As it's been this was for years and always corrects itself nearer the event being played.
Assuming it continues and opelka likely to meet Isner in the next round tomorrow, hoping they both win their games, I will be staking very big on the same bet.
They probably have their own algorithm that works it out based off the odds for win etc + other markets. Then they'll adjust after a while to follow the market prices I'd imagine. Hills are one of the few bookmakers who price some stuff themselves instead of just following other books 100%.

OG J0E

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure what went wrong for Hilal, saw the Marega opener but can't find highlights as every 'video' is some cretin playing FIFA

dorchy

They probably have their own algorithm that works it out based off the odds for win etc + other markets. Then they'll adjust after a while to follow the market prices I'd imagine. Hills are one of the few bookmakers who price some stuff themselves instead of just following other books 100%.
Yaa makes sense. Still it seems like a poorly priced market. All the sets played in the 2 matches i mentioned covered 3-3 after 6 games played. They again had a high price of evens initially with isner/fritz this evening but that has already come into 1.3.

Lining up again next week for the Citi open (Washington) fast hard courts again where breaks are unlikely with the big servers/poor returner combos.

IRN-BRUno

India are good value to win the Test series (Cricket) outright against England. This is the best chance they've had of winning here and should really be favourites but they're around 2.8

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
So, where’s our money going today in the EFL?

NoPace

https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B1/C172/D1/E63246914/F2!/AS/B1/

Top team goalscorer is for some reason my favorite season long bet. Good excuses to check team forums and see who their fans think will start and such.

Thoughts on this year's?

1. Toney @ 1.36 isn't much value but it's hard to see anyone beating him and not as worried about an injury like with Pukki for example
2. Connolly @ 13 and Welbeck @6 I might take both and hope one wins the #9 job with a decent run instead of Maupay's 10 goals or so
3. Greenwood @ 7.5 to 1. Rashford has injury issues, Cavani turns 35 during the season and Sancho being so good at getting the ball to his teammate's feet seems like it might argue strongly for our best finisher to play up top. Probably a year early, but you'll only get one year of Greenwood at good odds if he becomes the perennial top scorer we all expect and better to be early a year or two then miss out before the odds go really short.
4. Deeney @13, I kinda hate this one, but Watford fans expect him to start up top and 13 to 1 is just too good odds for a 9 and penalty taker. Scored 2 less goals in 22 less games than Joao Pedro last year, Dennis isn't a lone striker (and I gather they've moved to a 433 with the new coach) and King who knows if he'll be healthy at all.
5. Jarrod Bowen @ 4, got 8 last year to Soucek and Antonio's 10, but that was highs for them and Bowen is young and I think Moyes is fine with rotating strikers

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Hertha 7 kids from B team, then Redan (Ex Chelsea Youth, he was one of best in world at u17s but never really kicked on) + 3rd choice keeper + 2 first teamers. Pretty much as expected, which is nice. Jovetic on bench but he isn't as good as Hilal's attackers.

Edit : Game potentially postponed, Hilal stuck in traffic. Says postponed indefinitely on Hertha twitter but says they'll update with more info. I can't see it being cancelled due to traffic, would surely just play later...
Late update but Hilal played terrible FH, had no real intensity all game and just treated it like a game against kids. Was a very annoying game. Some books should have voided bets as they played 2x 40 instead of 2x45.

On Plzen -2.25 on Thursday v TNS. First leg was 4-2 TNS which is probably the biggest European fluke I can remember. They scored 2 pens, a scrappy goal from a corner and then a great finish from the edge of the box on the counter. Plzen missed a load of chances before scoring 2 in injury time late on. I'd say it was probably a 1 in a 1000 game TNS scoring 4, they would have lost that game most of the time. Plzen battered them away and think it'll be extremely one sided. They need 2-0 for Et and 3 goal win to go through. I can't see how they don't win by at least 2 and fairly sure it'll be 3+. TNS will defend for their lives but they aren't good enough to hold it. An early goal and I think Plzen will put 4/5 past them.

OG J0E

Supports
Arsenal
Cheers Spiersey, ran it past a Czech friend who reckons that's good too. Odds on Plzen are lengthening for some reason and -2.0 Asian is 1.84 on RedZone, SportNation et al which seems a good line given the circumstances https://www.oddschecker.com/football/uefa-europa-conference-league/plzen-v-the-new-saints/handicaps

Some weird pricing going on as Marathon still have -2.0 at 1.54 and -2.5 at 1.87

Edit: everywhere cutting Plzen now, must have been getting hammered - RedZone and sister bookies all removed the game

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Cheers Spiersey, ran it past a Czech friend who reckons that's good too. Odds on Plzen are lengthening for some reason and -2.0 Asian is 1.84 on RedZone, SportNation et al which seems a good line given the circumstances https://www.oddschecker.com/football/uefa-europa-conference-league/plzen-v-the-new-saints/handicaps

Some weird pricing going on as Marathon still have -2.0 at 1.54 and -2.5 at 1.87

Edit: everywhere cutting Plzen now, must have been getting hammered - RedZone and sister bookies all removed the game
Bet365 didn't even have it yesterday the bastards.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’ve had a few bets on the Champions League games today.

Crvena Zvezda @ 2.10. Watched the first leg last week and they drew 1-1 with 10 men and dominated Sheriff. Expect them to turn them over today.

Also backed Shakhtar @ 1.95 against Gent.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Pinnacle opened today at -2 for some reason and then the other books followed. No clue why they opened that line and not -2.25. Annoyingly I was out so missed the line. I think -2.5 is fair line for this in normal circumstances, probably -3 is fair given the agg scoreline.

Did some on Rangers -0.75 tonight. The market likes Malmo but I think they're massively underestimating the effect of a full Ibrox. 50k fans who haven't had a game at more than 20% of capacity for 18 months as well as it being a CL game and down on aggregate. It'll be a cauldron I think. Scottish stadiums are always great on CL nights. Rangers team is stronger than last week too. I think it's a nice bet even without the benefit of being first game back for fans. I'm trying to use this as an angle for bets as I think it's not being factored in properly for pricing, worked well so far.

Berbaclass

Pinnacle opened today at -2 for some reason and then the other books followed. No clue why they opened that line and not -2.25. Annoyingly I was out so missed the line. I think -2.5 is fair line for this in normal circumstances, probably -3 is fair given the agg scoreline.

Did some on Rangers -0.75 tonight. The market likes Malmo but I think they're massively underestimating the effect of a full Ibrox. 50k fans who haven't had a game at more than 20% of capacity for 18 months as well as it being a CL game and down on aggregate. It'll be a cauldron I think. Scottish stadiums are always great on CL nights. Rangers team is stronger than last week too. I think it's a nice bet even without the benefit of being first game back for fans. I'm trying to use this as an angle for bets as I think it's not being factored in properly for pricing, worked well so far.
Agree on Rangers. Malmo we’re a bit fortunate to be 2-0 up last week with two very quick goals just after the break. Draw was probably the fair result in that game. Like you say. The home advantage should push Rangers over the line tonight.

OG J0E

Supports
Arsenal
Impressive bed-shitting from Rangers tonight, like they want to be in Europa

Berbaclass

I luckily backed over 2.5 @ 1.83 at HT thinking Rangers would run away with it so somehow ended up in profit :lol:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Couldn't see it losing from 1-0 up v 10 men. Think Malmo were 50s to win at HT. Pretty impressive to be that bad in such a big game when everything was in their favour. They were really bad as soon as it went 1-0, didn't deserve to win so makes it slightly more bearable. At least they're out, silver lining.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Plzen 1-0 down after 4 mins :lol: :mad:
Hands down one of the worst bets I've ever staked but somehow 3-1 in the end. I've bet Plzen ET result as TNS are completely gassed. Should get it done in ET. TNS subbed off all their attackers, Mcmanus was only goal threat all game and he's gone. Hoping they can win to cover half losses from -2.25.

OG J0E

Supports
Arsenal
Plzen are pure scum, whole TNS team had cramp and they still couldn't get it in

madRedDevil07

No tips on opening weekend of PL football ?
Aston Villa double chance at 1.9 and Everton win at 2 looks good to me.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Did Hukum 5/6 at Newbury Leicester 8/13 and Aston Villa 6/5 treble, Villa let me down but thankfully didn’t lose as I done Hukum and Leicester single,

William Hill gave me a £50 free bet, stuck it on Haaland (sp) 5/2 to score 2 or more, Dortmund won 5-2 and he scored 2.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
What a day yesterday. Had a fourfold that looked dead so cashed out for money back, it ended up coming in so cost myself £135. The money I cashed out I put on an evening fivefold which came in and got me £210. Very, very lucky. I don’t know what possessed me to cash out the first one.

Anyway, just having a little lump on Atletico Madrid today. 11/10 looks a lovely price to me.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
St Mark’s Basilica out of Wednesdays Juddmonte International, love could take its place.

sick did an ante post double with snowfall…..

Berbaclass

St Mark’s Basilica out of Wednesdays Juddmonte International, love could take its place.

sick did an ante post double with snowfall…..
I'm relieved as I was going to lump on SMB a month or so back when it was still 5/4

Think I'd back Alcohol Free or Mishriff.

Berbaclass

Dortmund look decent value tonight against Bayern @ 2.63. Think Bayern not up to speed yet and Dortmund and Haaland who is bang in form could take advantage. Think there will be goals and I can see Dortmund coming out on to as they looked sharper in front of goal against Frankfurt than Bayern did against BMG.

G-manc

Skybet's super boost looks a decent shout tonight - Fulham, Cardiff and Pompey all to win - 14/1 from 7's.

Millwall don't look to have any goals in them whereas Fulham do, Peterborough look shaky defensively, Pompey have 2 wins from 2 and Shrewsbury are rock bottom with 0 points.

Berbaclass

Dortmund look decent value tonight against Bayern @ 2.63. Think Bayern not up to speed yet and Dortmund and Haaland who is bang in form could take advantage. Think there will be goals and I can see Dortmund coming out on to as they looked sharper in front of goal against Frankfurt than Bayern did against BMG.
Scratch that, weaker Dortmund than expected.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Bet Fulham’s Aleksandar Mitrovic anytime scorer 8/5 only took 2 minutes ha, should’ve bet first but happy enough with anytime.