Football & Sports Betting Thread 2021/2022

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Had 20 pounds on a 18/1 Acca which as it turns out was all perfect apart from fecking Manchester United

Flanders Devil

Did this but swapped Mari for White when he got confirmed out :drool:

Had £50 @ 10.71
Congrats! Unfortunately for me, because of time difference in Aus, I had the original bet with White in it. Great call as both CBs got a Yellow!

Flanders Devil

Yeah there's usually a couple of surprises like Dortmund yesterday and looks like Ajax is gonna do me before I even get started today, but I tend to go on runs. I could fill a book with accas where one leg has let me down. But I mix it up with BetBuilders and combos which serve me quite well so I'm never really out of pocket.
Knew this would end up a jinx somehow..
one team usually does it. Hoped it wouldn’t be us though.
OK sorry to put these vibes into the ether… I also lost out on a decent multi because of Juventus. I had the fortitude to not have United in (I never do due to the doubly whammy effect), but it was Juve who ended up costing me this time.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
OK sorry to put these vibes into the ether… I also lost out on a decent multi because of Juventus. I had the fortitude to not have United in (I never do due to the doubly whammy effect), but it was Juve who ended up costing me this time.
I had three yesterday that came up one short causing me to miss out on nearly £1200. :(

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Do you just go for win outright or do draw no bet?

Flanders Devil

Do you just go for win outright or do draw no bet?
Mostly just for the win. But I’m sensing draw no bet is a better option for the bigger Multis… problem is sometimes when your backing say a 1.40-1.70 favourite to win, the draw no bet odds seem too small 1.10-1.15 to be worth it. What are your thoughts on that?

Or would you even mix it up?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mostly just for the win. But I’m sensing draw no bet is a better option for the bigger Multis… problem is sometimes when your backing say a 1.40-1.70 favourite to win, the draw no bet odds seem too small 1.10-1.15 to be worth it. What are your thoughts on that?

Or would you even mix it up?
Yeah it does cut down the potential winnings by quite a lot, but I guess it depends what sort of person you are. I’m quite risk averse/conservative so tend to just be happy with any profit. Some people will be happy risking their entire acca for a higher payout.

I did used to do all my accumulators as win outright, but I’ve been stung too many times by late equalisers :lol: Plus any team I seem to back either goes a goal down, or never scores more than one - so the potential for losing it all is higher. Draw no bet just offers a lot of insurance really - even if a team I back goes a goal down they only really need to get level and the whole bet is saved whereas it’s a big ask for them to come back and win. Also saves a lot of stressing when it’s a tight 1-0.

Some would say the returns you forgo for that insurance isn’t worth it, it really depends on the person. I have mixed it up before if it’s a team like City and you just can’t see any result other than a drubbing.

dorchy

I am very tempted to take arsenal at evens to beat WBA on Wednesday in the carabao cup. Surely Arteta will be desperate for a win and this is a much better opportunity for him than City in the league. This could be very poor judgement though with is being Arsenal, anyone have a different outlook?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I am very tempted to take arsenal at evens to beat WBA on Wednesday in the carabao cup. Surely Arteta will be desperate for a win and this is a much better opportunity for him than City in the league. This could be very poor judgement though with is being Arsenal, anyone have a different outlook?
I can see the angle but for me evens is a poor value in case he puts out a really young team. Does that bet win 75% of the time? Im not so sure. I’d wait till you can see the lineup at least.

rozis

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal fan here. West Brom have started very well in the championship and rather than focus on what team Arsenal put out you should be looking if West Brom play full strength as I think Arteta’s options are fairly limited in regards to playing a weaker team. Honestly fancy West Brom to do us over if they play their 1st team.
Bleak times as a gooner.

Flanders Devil

Yeah it does cut down the potential winnings by quite a lot, but I guess it depends what sort of person you are. I’m quite risk averse/conservative so tend to just be happy with any profit. Some people will be happy risking their entire acca for a higher payout.

I did used to do all my accumulators as win outright, but I’ve been stung too many times by late equalisers :lol: Plus any team I seem to back either goes a goal down, or never scores more than one - so the potential for losing it all is higher. Draw no bet just offers a lot of insurance really - even if a team I back goes a goal down they only really need to get level and the whole bet is saved whereas it’s a big ask for them to come back and win. Also saves a lot of stressing when it’s a tight 1-0.

Some would say the returns you forgo for that insurance isn’t worth it, it really depends on the person. I have mixed it up before if it’s a team like City and you just can’t see any result other than a drubbing.
Cheers for the reply, I think I’ll give mixing up some the straight wins with some DNBs… see if that helps the strike rate!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So I think Shakhtar are a massive price to beat Monaco tonight. Monaco are crap and lost 1-0 at home to Shakhtar last week and failed to beat Lens at home at the weekend.

Can currently get @ 2.90 for Shakhtar which I think is far too big, Monaco are actually favourites which I think is a bit mental.

Also looking at DNB Shakhtar @ 2.10 as an alternative.

Marty1968

West Brom at home to Arsenal tonight - 6/1....Arsenal are terrible at the moment

dorchy

Arsenal will presumably put a strong team out because Arteta needs a win big time.
I was certain of this too, however the misery surrounding the club and realisation that it's arsenal makes me regret backing them.

More confident in the tennis ATP Winston Salem.
Koepfer vs PCB. Koepfer at 3/1 odds is worth a bet. They have played twice recently and both matches being very competitive although straight set wins for PCB. However this one takes place the week before the US Open. Koepfer will go all out with little expectation of going far at the US Open, whereas PCB will expect to go far into that one and he is notorious for throwing matches the week leading into a grand slam, with him losing many of these type of matches in the previous years.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Celtic on Sunday against Rangers now they are missing multiple players and Gerrard due to a covid outbreak.

Currently @ 2.0 but expect them to be odds on on Sunday.

OG J0E

Supports
Arsenal
So I think Shakhtar are a massive price to beat Monaco tonight. Monaco are crap and lost 1-0 at home to Shakhtar last week and failed to beat Lens at home at the weekend.

Can currently get @ 2.90 for Shakhtar which I think is far too big, Monaco are actually favourites which I think is a bit mental.

Also looking at DNB Shakhtar @ 2.10 as an alternative.
Watched the highlights and couldn't believe the Shakhtar defending, only kept in it by old man Pyatov then the flukiest OG equaliser

Deery

Dreary
What’s the bets for today then lads?

Man City

Aston Villa

Chelsea

£10 @6.5..

Dinghy

Allan (Everton) to be booked @4.00

Robertson (Liverpool) to be booked @7.00

RedPed

Whatabouter.
1. Bayern Munich, Lazio, Juventus, PSV Eindhoven, FC Porto, Sporting Lisbon, The New Saints, BATE Borisov, FC Salzburg @8.75

2. West Ham, Liverpool or draw, WBA, Atalanta, Dynamo Kiev, Paide, Sparta Prague @8.04

3. Leicester City, Fulham, Lazio, Real Madrid or draw, Bayer Leverkusen, Marseille, Velez, Mostar @20.57

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
West ham to beat Palace, can't see Palace doing anything against West Ham, will be massively outplayed. Only 1.50 odds but a win is a win.

Fancy Leicester to bounce back from last week and beat Norwich too @ 1.85