Forest docked 4 points for FFP breaches

Reckon this is all being done with a view to the City charges. Something like 'look we've shown we take these breaches seriously, but Manchester City have shown us (brown envelope shaped) evidence to prove their innocence'

90 + 5min

We are just jumping around the fire now. Picking random teams. Everybody knows what people are interested in right now.

MDFC Manager

Reckon this is all being done with a view to the City charges. Something like 'look we've shown we take these breaches seriously, but Manchester City have shown us (brown envelope shaped) evidence to prove their innocence'
Yes 100%

Rojofiam

I think they are aware that people won't buy that. With every charge and punishment other teams get, they are making it more difficult for themselves not to punish City when the time comes.

Nick7

i assume they gave them 4 to set precedent to then give Everton another 4 so it rounds back to Everton having a 10 point deduction.

MegadrivePerson

Is it true that their defence was holding out on selling Johnson so they could get more money
Yes!

It's so laughable!

Ignore the £250 million spent on 40+ players and just concentrate on the one transfer we delayed to get more money for!

DavelinaJolie

Unsure if I heard Stan Collymore correctly, in that he has sympathy for Man City bending the rules to get a seat at the top table, whilst talking about this on Talksport

DavelinaJolie

Yes!

It's so laughable!

Ignore the £250 million spent on 40+ players and just concentrate on the one transfer we delayed to get more money for!
Exactly, instead of focussing on what caused the problem, point to another transfer outside of the required window.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s all the Prem trying to set an example. They’re going to do some mad punishment on City. Not that it will stick but it’ll make a proper sham of their success.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What’s going on with the city charged? Everton and forest cases weren’t known about as long as city’s. It’s taking this long that I can only guess there getting a lot worse punishment. Or not.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
And yet City still haven’t had so much as a finger wag at them
Well yeah, it's a much more complicated case with 115 charges, and City is actually fighting the charges. Of course it's going to take a lot longer to litigate.

peridigm

Well yeah, it's a much more complicated case with 115 charges, and City is actually fighting the charges. Of course it's going to take a lot longer to litigate.
For comparison, how many charges were there for Everton and Forest?

MegadrivePerson

Exactly, instead of focussing on what caused the problem, point to another transfer outside of the required window.
Next time I go to a restaurant and they give me the bill, I'll tell them to wait a month so that I have more money then!

djembatheking

I don`t think they should deduct points from City this season, it would make a title win for Liverpool or Arsenal seem undeserved and their fans would feel like they didn`t deserve it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
For comparison, how many charges were there for Everton and Forest?
I believe it was 2 for Everton and 1 for Forest but I could be wrong. My understanding is that both clubs admitted to breaching PSR but tried to get off on extenuating circumstances.

Vastly different from what's going on with City. There's no point in even comparing the cases or the timeline of the whole thing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well then...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rules-breach-profitability-and-sustainability

I thought they might get 6 too, will be interesting to read why they've been docked only 4 compared to our 6!
Because they're making it up as they go along to stave off the independent regulator (and are doing an awful job at it). That should be obvious

I think they are aware that people won't buy that. With every charge and punishment other teams get, they are making it more difficult for themselves not to punish City when the time comes.
People will buy it the same way they bought City's exoneration/letting off by CAS. Most will move on, some will insist City are cheats. There's no outcome of this that will have a section of fans going, "well that's me proven wrong"

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They'll have enough to stay up still

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Because they're making it up as they go along to stave off the independent regulator (and are doing an awful job at it). That should be obvious
Well, quite, but I will enjoy hearing them try to explain it.

Rojofiam

People will buy it the same way they bought City's exoneration/letting off by CAS. Most will move on, some will insist City are cheats. There's no outcome of this that will have a section of fans going, "well that's me proven wrong"
This is way more high-profile, with a lot more people talking about 115 charges than however many charges CAS had against them.

The Premier League also had no incentive to do all this with Everton, Forest, Chelsea, as well as charging City, if they had no intention of punishing them at all.

The only thing that could save City in this is government pressure/interference IMO, and that's a real fear of mine, to be honest. I do not think that the PL punished Everton and Forest for a few charges each, started investigating Chelsea, and charged City with 115 breaches if there was no intention of actually getting a meaningful outcome in the end.

Eric_the_Red99

I’m kinda interested in seeing how many Premier League teams get punished like this before they do anything about City. Could we get to double figures? Or how about a situation where every team in the league *except* City have been docked points?

Suv666

Shame they should have committed 115 breaches, would have gotten away then

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well then...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rules-breach-profitability-and-sustainability

I thought they might get 6 too, will be interesting to read why they've been docked only 4 compared to our 6!
Shame they should have committed 115 breaches, would have gotten away then
The charges were exactly the same, with the same circumstances? (genuinely asking)
According to the explanation from the Commission, Forest had bigger breaches, but both theirs and Everton's were considered equally significant. Therefore, Forest was lined up to get the same 6-point deduction as Everton. What saved them was both their early guilty plea as well as them providing correct information in cooperation with the Commission.

The PL, however, wanted more points deducted from Forest given their larger breaches.

Gandalf

What’s going on with the city charged? Everton and forest cases weren’t known about as long as city’s. It’s taking this long that I can only guess there getting a lot worse punishment. Or not.
Well according to a City fan on the BBC site, he can't understand why people are pointing at City when these deductions are for losing money and City are making a profit. Totally oblivious to the fact that the City charges relate to the completely crooked way in which they achieved that profit and ignoring the fact that when your owner funnels money to you through a third party it is not a profit it is financial doping.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The charges were exactly the same, with the same circumstances? (genuinely asking)
According to the explanation from the Commission, Forest had bigger breaches, but both theirs and Everton's were considered equally significant. Therefore, Forest was lined up to get the same 6-point deduction as Everton. What saved them was both their early guilty plea as well as them providing correct information in cooperation with the Commission.

The PL, however, wanted more points deducted from Forest given their larger breaches.
In the appeal though they said we did actually in good faith and didn't supply anything with intention to deceive or whatever so it's all a bit of a mess and tit for tat because there is no general rule in place and instead it's being decided by different independent commissions. It's an awful fecking process and if the PL were trying to show that can deal with this stuff without a regulator then all they've done is more damage to their cause.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In the appeal though they said we did actually in good faith and didn't supply anything with intention to deceive or whatever so it's all a bit of a mess and tit for tat because there is no general rule in place and instead it's being decided by different independent commissions. It's an awful fecking process and if the PL were trying to show that can deal with this stuff without a regulator then all they've done is more damage to their cause.
Yeah, the application of these processes is murky, and the inconsistency will only make it more difficult to accept these rulings.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I mean... that's what happens in life no? If you break the law, depending on the judge/jury you get, you might get a different sentence depending on the circumstances.

They are working on the same rulebook and seem to have a rationale for both decisions as posted by @mazhar13 so I'm not sure there's any reason for shock or outrage.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Unsure if I heard Stan Collymore correctly, in that he has sympathy for Man City bending the rules to get a seat at the top table, whilst talking about this on Talksport
Stan Collymore is a regular studio guest/pundit on Canal+ Football in France - I still haven't worked out why - especially as he doesn't speak French and they have to translate everything he says, which is usually nonsense.